The Official Herlings fact thread....

426Hemi
Fantasy
2757th
Edited Date/Time 9/4/2012 11:36am
Let's get to know the greatest thing since sliced bread, (actually, he invented sliced bread, but we will discuss that later, if he allows us to).

Jeff Herlings invented sand by crushing rocks in his bare hands.

Jeff Herlings has been to Mars....he won.

Jesus is the son of Herlings.

Any other little known facts out there?
|
Insider347
9/3/2012 5:15pm
Herlings won both of his motos at the 2012 MXoNs.

He also came to the USA and beat everyone, RV, JS, RD etc. and lapped them all at Southwick one year.

He is the FMOTPM (mars)
Pool-eh
Fantasy
2880th
9/3/2012 5:19pm
In his first ever race in the sand, he lapped himself.
Xeno
9/3/2012 5:22pm
I like how this thread was started when it's the middle of the night in Dutchland. It gives the Yanks time for some cheap shots.

I don't know anything about the guy- but I guess he invented the SANDwich! ("Thank you, I'm here all week...")
machine
9/3/2012 5:26pm
He was the first to ever attempt riding in deep sand. Previous to him, riders were afraid to attempt such a feat, fearing that they would sink, causing suffocation.

The Shop

9/3/2012 5:40pm
Herlings turns glass into sand, then vivaciously rubs said made sand into his own Vagina.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
9/3/2012 5:53pm
Herlings is the new James Stewart, in terms of how many threads about a single rider can fit on the front page of the forum
machine
9/3/2012 5:55pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Herlings is the new James Stewart, in terms of how many threads about a single rider can fit on the front page of the forum
You don't remember the Jlaw days do you...Wink
newmann
9/3/2012 5:59pm
And I got attacked when I commented on the cool rustbucket vintage ambulance he rode in while in Russia.....
Gibeault
9/3/2012 6:09pm
426Hemi wrote:
Let's get to know the greatest thing since sliced bread, (actually, he invented sliced bread, but we will discuss that later, if he allows us to)...
Let's get to know the greatest thing since sliced bread, (actually, he invented sliced bread, but we will discuss that later, if he allows us to).

Metallica came up with the song "enter sandman" the night his mom was giving birth to him
9/3/2012 6:12pm
The sand gives here and there which I think helps him out. if He'd hit a square edge brick we have for breaking bumps in the US he'd be on his dome real quick. Kind of like that SX vidof him getting laid out in one of the many other Herling threads.

The guy knows whats up in sand for sure. In all his greatness how good is he on other types of soil? (I don't really follow him close enough to know, was he beating everyone by 2 minutes at other GPs this year?)
jeffro503
9/3/2012 6:21pm
Seems as though a lot of guys have thier " Heads buried in the sand " on this topic. Very strange and kinda cool thread.....I think?
onthepipe
9/3/2012 10:10pm
The sand gives here and there which I think helps him out. if He'd hit a square edge brick we have for breaking bumps in the...
The sand gives here and there which I think helps him out. if He'd hit a square edge brick we have for breaking bumps in the US he'd be on his dome real quick. Kind of like that SX vidof him getting laid out in one of the many other Herling threads.

The guy knows whats up in sand for sure. In all his greatness how good is he on other types of soil? (I don't really follow him close enough to know, was he beating everyone by 2 minutes at other GPs this year?)
No he's not beating the other GP riders by 2 minutes. But he is the fastest rider on most tracks. Hence his massive points lead.
chrisbuehler
9/3/2012 10:26pm
It doesn't take away from his accomplishments this year and his absolute artistry in sand, but the MX2 class is a little weak. His main competition is Tommy Searle, who didn't quite set the Nationals on fire ove here.
onthepipe
9/3/2012 10:27pm
It doesn't take away from his accomplishments this year and his absolute artistry in sand, but the MX2 class is a little weak. His main competition...
It doesn't take away from his accomplishments this year and his absolute artistry in sand, but the MX2 class is a little weak. His main competition is Tommy Searle, who didn't quite set the Nationals on fire ove here.
Agreed,

He doesn't have much trouble beating Searle.
chrisbuehler
9/3/2012 10:41pm
onthepipe wrote:
Agreed,

He doesn't have much trouble beating Searle.
Hey he can only beat the guys that line up against him much like Dungey did in a depleted field. At first I thought it would be good for him to defend his title next year, get a couple WC before he moves up and he's still so young. But next year should be even easier for Jeffrey and sometimes if you're not challenged, you don't improve. There is the prospect of a perfect season though, he should be that dominant
matrixlee
9/3/2012 11:34pm
426Hemi wrote:
Let's get to know the greatest thing since sliced bread, (actually, he invented sliced bread, but we will discuss that later, if he allows us to)...

how old are you. time to grow up
Lowlander
9/3/2012 11:45pm
Chuck Norris the most feared man on the planet, so hard that when he does push ups the earth moves away from him. Well Jeffrey used him for grip 3 times in the same corner just so he could triple out over the bumps.

Chuck never even got the chance to round house his ass. RIP Chuck.
9/4/2012 12:12am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2012 12:19am
It doesn't take away from his accomplishments this year and his absolute artistry in sand, but the MX2 class is a little weak. His main competition...
Searle didn't have a wonderful season in 2009, that's true. But on the other hand he wasn't terrible either. He had a few podiums, as well as finishing 2nd in his last healthy moto. And two of the riders ahead of him were also ahead of him on the GP scene - Rattray and Pourcel. As with Roczen this year, you can't read too much into how an individual performs because there are other first year issues factoring in behind the scenes, most notably learning the tracks and format, as well as dealing with the heat. Lastly 09 was 09, whereas this is 2012 now and Tommy has further grown in experience.

With that said I do agree that MX2 is a little weak this year and sadly only looking to get weaker. Next year may well be a yawner unfortunately, that is unless someone can step up.
jamma10
9/4/2012 1:15am
Gibeault wrote:
Metallica came up with the song "enter sandman" the night his mom was giving birth to him
Smile
jamma10
9/4/2012 1:23am
The sand gives here and there which I think helps him out. if He'd hit a square edge brick we have for breaking bumps in the...

What rider HASNT crashed practicing on a Supercross track, especially 15/16 year olds?
Fearo
9/4/2012 1:35am
Even though I think this is pretty funny, I sense at least some of you fear a straight up butchering at the MXoN.
mccread
9/4/2012 2:47am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2012 2:52am
Searle is a lot faster than you give him credit for. Using his AMA results as a guage isn't a true indication of his speed. He is extremely fast this season.

He won more GPs than Rattray the year Tyla won the world title and it came down the the last round. He was running fourth in the series for the first half of the year in the US in 09, with Dungey the only American ahead of him unil he had team issues. At Hangtown in 2010 he beat all the Americans, then he got hurt in the second moto and that was his season effectively over. The KTM team at the time was nothing like the KTM team is now. So things didn't go smoothly when he was there, America never saw the best of Tommy Searle, but he is super fast this year, the best of his career I would say.
mccread
9/4/2012 3:09am
Herlings facts...

He rode the 2009 MXDN one week after turning 15 and beat Jake Wemer in the MX2 heat race,

He won his third ever GP in Holland at 15.

He won five GPs last year at 16

He has won 8 overalls out of 14 GPs and 16 out of 28 motos so far...

He has only finished outside the top two three times in 28 motos.

He has never lost a moto at a Dutch GP.

He lapped everyone bar his teammate last weekend at Lierop in the first moto and won by over two minutes in each race.
Stefan Everts described his performance their as 'unbelievable'.
MR. X
9/4/2012 3:35am
He wont come to the states in search of faster guys to race against like others have done. Fact
HenryA
9/4/2012 3:43am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2012 3:43am
MR. X wrote:
He wont come to the states in search of faster guys to race against like others have done. Fact
Why would he even consider to race at a place where he would barely make it to the top ten? Huh
jamma10
9/4/2012 3:47am
MR. X wrote:
He's already said that he wants to race in America. Fact.

All these current Herlings threads are full of people complaining about how cocky and arrogant he is, in that interview that was posted he said he's looking forward to racing Dungey and Cairoli. If he sees those two as his closest rivals in Lommel do you really think he's wary of racing the 250 class in America?

The kid is not short of confidence.
chrisbuehler
9/4/2012 4:33am
jamma10 wrote:
He's already said that he wants to race in America. Fact. All these current Herlings threads are full of people complaining about how cocky and arrogant...
He's already said that he wants to race in America. Fact.

All these current Herlings threads are full of people complaining about how cocky and arrogant he is, in that interview that was posted he said he's looking forward to racing Dungey and Cairoli. If he sees those two as his closest rivals in Lommel do you really think he's wary of racing the 250 class in America?

The kid is not short of confidence.
If he was American he wouldn't be considered cocky, he would be cool and edgy like J-Law. Lots of grown men piling on a 17yr old because he's confident and wants to take on the world's best riders at the MXdN. Starting a thread asking, "is he an asshole?" No but maybe you are thread starter. All I take from all this attention he's getting is he's got fans over here nervous. I feel good about the US taking the win but I sure wouldn't bet against JH taking both his motos
Berguven
9/4/2012 5:48am
Herlings is an overachiver compared to a normal 17 year old.
He is way more mature than a normal 17 year old.
He has more responsebilty than a normal 17 year old.
He has way more pressure on his sholders than an average teenager.

Every f-ing looser with a keybord has got opinions what he should or should not do.
Hope he don´t read any of this bullshit on vital. I know I would have had problems to deal with it when I was his age.

I´m sure he will rise above it.
The only thing he need to work on is not to let his temper get the best of him. That will come with age.

Post a reply to: The Official Herlings fact thread....

The Latest