The New Episode (Racetrack Supercross) Thoughts??

Motodave15
3/29/2018 1:38pm

Please do not start slandering the riders, My question is though.

When your team has a rider come off the couch and smokes the breaks of of the rest of the team. Does it just boil down to skill/talent or internal determination for someone to get faster or is it just that some don't have it?
|
Motofinne
3/29/2018 1:53pm
Wharton is such a class act. I hope this comeback becomes permanent!

The best part is that he is actually different to the other riders out there. Different in a good way.
BigDaddyG
3/29/2018 2:05pm
Justin Hoeft isn't any slouch either though.....kid has huge potential and upside to him. I would love to see Justin on a Star Yamaha or PC Kawi.....kid rips!
SPODEBOY
3/29/2018 2:18pm
Yes, Blake is a stud. Not sure if I agree with the way Ryno chooses to "motivate" people. Entertaining none the less.
Jmicmoto13
3/29/2018 2:40pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Yes, Blake is a stud. Not sure if I agree with the way Ryno chooses to "motivate" people. Entertaining none the less.
X2. Feels like a toxic environment with lots of “look at how good your brother is doing.” Comparing Blake Wharton, a former factory rider with some privateers who won a spot is apples and oranges. Not feeling the vibe of the team at all. Enjoying the insight.

The Shop

GTCD15317
3/29/2018 2:43pm
They don't seem to happy, I was in Indy, and the vibe in the pits was the same in the video.... it's too late in the year to expect many good results out of anyone but Wharton, who did a hell of a job.
Motofinne
3/29/2018 2:51pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
X2. Feels like a toxic environment with lots of “look at how good your brother is doing.” Comparing Blake Wharton, a former factory rider with some...
X2. Feels like a toxic environment with lots of “look at how good your brother is doing.” Comparing Blake Wharton, a former factory rider with some privateers who won a spot is apples and oranges. Not feeling the vibe of the team at all. Enjoying the insight.
That i agree with. I actually feel bad for that Castello guy and their approach to him seems to make him only worse.
kkawboy14
3/29/2018 3:05pm
Castillo is in a position that I’m not sure what position other than winning that Ryno would act happy about!
early
Fantasy
2139th
3/29/2018 3:45pm
Regardless of how the team conducts business, I'm a fan of their video production team, the presentation is very nice.
Sparkey
3/29/2018 4:12pm
Ryno is a horses a$$. He thinks he can 'talk' better results out of these guys. Guess what? Maybe they reached their peak?
Frank
3/29/2018 4:34pm
The youtube race team concept is great. I feel there is a market for a fun/comedy side of the sport that would do much better than Racetrack Supercross. Also surprised they could not have come up with a better name for the youtube series.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
3/29/2018 6:04pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
X2. Feels like a toxic environment with lots of “look at how good your brother is doing.” Comparing Blake Wharton, a former factory rider with some...
ryno is pretty harsh. but he's right. He has riders who have the skill and speed to win, and they mentally cant do it.

The cool thing about IBCORP is they have given guys anything they could come up with an excuse for an answer.

I couldnt do well its the bike, my training, etc.

Every problem these guys have is ultimately with themselves and whats between their ears.
Jmicmoto13
3/29/2018 6:19pm
ryno is pretty harsh. but he's right. He has riders who have the skill and speed to win, and they mentally cant do it. The cool...
ryno is pretty harsh. but he's right. He has riders who have the skill and speed to win, and they mentally cant do it.

The cool thing about IBCORP is they have given guys anything they could come up with an excuse for an answer.

Every problem these guys have is ultimately with themselves and whats between their ears.
He might be right in expectations but there’s is a more professional and tactful manner of conveying that. And I think saying he has riders that have the skill to win is a long shot. Top 10? For sure.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
3/29/2018 6:22pm
I'm a big believer in Justin Hoeft and his ability to become a contender for wins and podiums someday, but it seems like there's a lot of negativity and bad vibes with this team. I really hope Justin gets a shot with one of the "main teams".
kkawboy14
3/29/2018 6:52pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
ryno is pretty harsh. but he's right. He has riders who have the skill and speed to win, and they mentally cant do it. The cool...

No.....their main problem is guys like Osborne, AC, Savatgy, and so on.....
fullfloater
Fantasy
14th
3/29/2018 6:56pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
That i agree with. I actually feel bad for that Castello guy and their approach to him seems to make him only worse.
I really like the show but I agree. The team guys came off as dicks in that one. If Castello seems a bit fragile maybe an abundance of positive influence would go a lot farther than cutting him down.

We're not even letting you adjust clickers, you're too slow!

Show and SX series needs more Hoeft.
mxjon454
3/29/2018 10:23pm
Sparkey wrote:
Ryno is a horses a$$. He thinks he can 'talk' better results out of these guys. Guess what? Maybe they reached their peak?
Yaa i agree with you on that, idk what Rynos thinking half the time lol he doesnt have a Osborne or Pleasinger on the team, he has a couple of guys that will be pumped to make the main. I think Hoeft has a ton of potential, just needs to get on a better more normal team. And they better try and sign Wharton for next year, cause i think after this past weekend he'll probably be getting some pretty decent offers for next year. Shoot if i was Star Yamaha or PC id take a risk and sign Wharton for next year. He proved he still has the speed and is in shape and hes a little older and will have better race IQ and probably appreciate it more.
jtiger12
3/30/2018 2:25am
My thoughts echo what has already been said for the most part. Blake may not be the fastest guy out there right now, but you can clearly see his riding skills are a cut above most riders in the 250 class.
GTCD15317
3/30/2018 4:02am
When you build your team, with a contest and film it, your not going to get top 5 / podium guys.
Joe512
3/30/2018 5:12am
GTCD15317 wrote:
When you build your team, with a contest and film it, your not going to get top 5 / podium guys.
That's why? Or maybe it's because you don't just find a handful of podium guys out there floating around, if there is you should let Mitch Payton know where this hidden talent pool is.
resetjet
3/30/2018 6:07am
jtiger12 wrote:
My thoughts echo what has already been said for the most part. Blake may not be the fastest guy out there right now, but you can...
My thoughts echo what has already been said for the most part. Blake may not be the fastest guy out there right now, but you can clearly see his riding skills are a cut above most riders in the 250 class.
Exactly......by this point in their careers, they have reached their level. Who do you know in the history of the sport was 3rd tier and ever was trained to be 1st tier? You can maybe train one tier but not two.
crockett
3/30/2018 7:39am
Blake holds value not just in his speed but in the way he took time off and came back with a strong showing. Blake has a very different perspective on life and racing than most of the younger kids in his class, he hasn't had to stay in the circle to be relevant. Huge
Upside to having a guy like that around, potential to change the culture on a team.
BigDaddyG
3/30/2018 8:10am
One thing I noticed from this year is that the team manager, the Twisted Development dude, is really the one thats kind of a dick. Yes, Ryno is Ryno and can be harsh but he has been there and done it and knows exactly what it takes. The manager guy could totally approach the riders more positive and get better results.
brocster
3/30/2018 10:19am
Ryno talking in circles is mesmerizing...
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
3/30/2018 10:49am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2018 10:49am
I really don't understand ryno. One minute he's hating on riders and next he's talking about yoga/meditation and releasing hate in your life.
3/30/2018 10:54am
I understand the frustration of Castelo. But man, i'll be surprised if they let him do his own training again. Yes Ryno is tough but this may be the best opportunity Castelo gets. Suck it up and train like the rest of the team.
Asimo
3/30/2018 11:00am
They should give Lapaglia a ride.
brimx153
3/30/2018 11:04am
Payton and Roger are praised for acting just like Ryano . I don't think that way would work for everyone . But If your going to call Ryano a dick for being harsh what the hell would you call Payton??
brimx153
3/30/2018 11:12am
I think the one were hoeft got Injured showed a different side to Ryano too . I def gained a lot of respect for him and hoeft in that one . He seems like a guy if you put in 100% and fail .he is ok wit it . But I think him and the team feel castleo and leib are nt and that s why they are getting mad .I feel a bit more for castleo .as I think his talent level is holding him back more than his effort
brimx153
3/30/2018 11:16am
crockett wrote:
Blake holds value not just in his speed but in the way he took time off and came back with a strong showing. Blake has a...
Blake holds value not just in his speed but in the way he took time off and came back with a strong showing. Blake has a very different perspective on life and racing than most of the younger kids in his class, he hasn't had to stay in the circle to be relevant. Huge
Upside to having a guy like that around, potential to change the culture on a team.
I love the way him came back fully fit and ready to go . None of this doing nothing in the off season and going to race yourself into shape crap . Mookie could learn a hell of a lot from Blake
SPODEBOY
3/30/2018 11:16am
Asimo wrote:
They should give Lapaglia a ride.
LoL, I remember that "fight".

Post a reply to: The New Episode (Racetrack Supercross) Thoughts??

The Latest