The New "Diesel"...

Zoom
Edited Date/Time 2/14/2022 2:32pm
Eli?

BTW, I'm not a fan of that nickname. I was a Dungy fan and didn't like it and I know he didn't like it. Point being, that while Eli has blazing speed, he seems to be riding more consistent this year.
|
2/13/2022 10:59pm
Like one of those 24hr Le Mans diesels????
Those Audi’s were something else.
kb228
2/14/2022 4:27am
Dungeys consistency was 2 fold.
Podiums
Staying healthy

Eli has the healthy part. He hasnt had his 2 or 3 unexplained 8th places yet

The Shop

IWreckALot
2/14/2022 5:43am
No. Eli has more raw speed than Dungey could even dream of having.
Does Eli have more raw speed than RV did? Only reason I ask is because although RV was often faster than Dungey most races, Dungey was not being yarded by RV very often. Margins were generally really close.

Agreed that Eli has some insane natural speed. Was surprised that Anderson was able to pull him by a few seconds late in the race. I'm hoping Anderson can keep it off the ground. From a visual standpoint, he looks to be riding at his very edge whereas Tomac seems to have a bit more control with his speed. I may be off on that, but that's my opinion from my couch.
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
2/14/2022 6:30am
And Dungey has more SX championships than Eli could ever dream of.
ForToo
2/14/2022 6:38am
This years Mr. Consistency award (thus far) goes to Stewart. I think he's the only 450 guy to finish in the top 5 every round.
early
Fantasy
2231st
2/14/2022 6:42am
Has Tomac ever had the red plate before daytona? Maybe in 2020. Looks like he's riding very very smart, like when he went outside in the sand and slowed up so Anderson didn't take him out a la Craig/Friese.
moto_on
2/14/2022 9:16am
Zoom wrote:
Eli? BTW, I'm not a fan of that nickname. I was a Dungy fan and didn't like it and I know he didn't like it. Point...
Eli?

BTW, I'm not a fan of that nickname. I was a Dungy fan and didn't like it and I know he didn't like it. Point being, that while Eli has blazing speed, he seems to be riding more consistent this year.
Yep. Strange to hear Ricky who hated 2nd place more then anything in the world say

"Nothing wrong with 2nd tonight".

Those are words James and Ricky never lived by and it produced great racing. Then Dunge ruined it.

Thanks Dunge most boring era of mx /sx by far. I hope Eli takes it to Jason next weekend and these two battle it out the whole series.
cwel11
2/14/2022 9:20am
IWreckALot wrote:
Does Eli have more raw speed than RV did? Only reason I ask is because although RV was often faster than Dungey most races, Dungey was...
Does Eli have more raw speed than RV did? Only reason I ask is because although RV was often faster than Dungey most races, Dungey was not being yarded by RV very often. Margins were generally really close.

Agreed that Eli has some insane natural speed. Was surprised that Anderson was able to pull him by a few seconds late in the race. I'm hoping Anderson can keep it off the ground. From a visual standpoint, he looks to be riding at his very edge whereas Tomac seems to have a bit more control with his speed. I may be off on that, but that's my opinion from my couch.
I agree with the last thought. It looked like Anderson was at his limit borderline crashing his brains out more than once while Eli looked to be just cruising. I do think if Tomac “had” to he could’ve wicked it up. It’ll be fun to watch these two mix it up. Really didn’t expect either to be in the mix and out front consistently this year.
moto_on
2/14/2022 9:36am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2022 9:37am
These downvoters are dumbshits. What you said isn't debatable its literal facts. Proven multiple times over and over again in their careers. Dungey never had a come from behind ride to blitz by Tomac in the whoops or anywhere on the track. Ever. I have no idea what races some of you guys in here were watching. Don't even get me started on Hangtown 2015.
IWreckALot
2/14/2022 10:36am
cwel11 wrote:
I agree with the last thought. It looked like Anderson was at his limit borderline crashing his brains out more than once while Eli looked to...
I agree with the last thought. It looked like Anderson was at his limit borderline crashing his brains out more than once while Eli looked to be just cruising. I do think if Tomac “had” to he could’ve wicked it up. It’ll be fun to watch these two mix it up. Really didn’t expect either to be in the mix and out front consistently this year.
Tomac explained that he lost confidence with a minor mistake and decided to take second. That's a fair and good logic from him. Catching Anderson would have been one thing but passing would be another.

I think if the championship is on the line, Tomac makes a different decision but let those 3 points go and gain em back somewhere else while there's still time. I just hope both guys stay healthy because the rest of the field is floundering or inconsistent at best.
2/14/2022 2:32pm
Anderson v Tomac. Anderson is riding closer to the edge of the two. Anderson has had more errors and I feel he’s close to a big one soon, but he needs to to real in Eli in points and that’s not happening being conservative. Great battle atm
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
2/15/2022 5:47am
moto_on wrote:
Yep. Strange to hear Ricky who hated 2nd place more then anything in the world say "Nothing wrong with 2nd tonight". Those are words James and...
Yep. Strange to hear Ricky who hated 2nd place more then anything in the world say

"Nothing wrong with 2nd tonight".

Those are words James and Ricky never lived by and it produced great racing. Then Dunge ruined it.

Thanks Dunge most boring era of mx /sx by far. I hope Eli takes it to Jason next weekend and these two battle it out the whole series.
When you compare prime years, Reed was hands down the most consistent rider ever. The last 4 or 5 years of his career lowered his career podium percentage but before that he was a podium guy every weekend.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
2/15/2022 6:00am
Lol, head to head Dungey smashed Eli until 2017 especially indoors. But you always have that 2015 Hangtown moto. A lot Supercross races before 2017 Dungey was half a track ahead. Or are you forgetting that Dungey never had years like Tomac in 14,15,16? Eli showed glimpses of speed here and there never sustained until 2017. With Ryan was on the way out and Kenny was gone. Still 8th best rider of all time though and title favorite this year. Eli is Massively fast, but Dungey is arguably the most underrated rider ever when it comes to speed, I’m guilty of it too, but when you see such a statement it helps you realize how out of touch you are.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
2/15/2022 6:14am
tcannon521 wrote:
When you compare prime years, Reed was hands down the most consistent rider ever. The last 4 or 5 years of his career lowered his career...
When you compare prime years, Reed was hands down the most consistent rider ever. The last 4 or 5 years of his career lowered his career podium percentage but before that he was a podium guy every weekend.
Another common misconception but when you compare PRIME years, RC was the most consistent in both. 01 thru 07 he was only off the podium a couple handful of times indoors and out.

RC missing 04 is the only reason he doesn’t have the SX most podiums in a row record. In 01, 05 he was on the box 100% of the time. 03 he was off once, 02 he crashed out of race 1 and was on the box for 13 straight to end. 06 it was 14/16. Of course one of the main differences between RC and Reed is almost all of RCs were 1st or 2nd. Chad had loads of 3rds after 03 - 05. Outdoors obviously RC is in a league if his own. You could argue that Reed had a longer prime though as he raced longer but his absolute prime was 03 to 09.

Post a reply to: The New "Diesel"...

The Latest