The Nac Nac at 25

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2019 12:52 PM

Hi, all! I know the chatter is all about the Anaheim Supercross but 25 years ago the SX opener happened in Orlando and some washed up BMX racer named Jeremy McGrath broguht his shenanigans to the Citrus Bowl.

Nothing was ever the same.

I wrote about the history of the nac nac at my little website, We Went Fast. A Nac for Style: The Nac Nac at 25

Praying for great racing this weekend! Have fun. Photo taken by Davey Coombs at the 1994 Houston SX. Appeared in Cycle News.


Photo

|

1/4/2019 1:10 PM

Good read, thanks

|

1/4/2019 9:01 PM

Thanks for the refresher.

|

1/4/2019 11:36 PM

Was gonna give you a thumbs up but it's at 15 and I think that's pretty fitting haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/5/2019 2:54 AM

jemcee wrote:

Was gonna give you a thumbs up but it's at 15 and I think that's pretty fitting haha

But now it's at 17 so we're going to have to keep going unti we reach 125! ha ha.

|

1/5/2019 5:23 AM

Brett Smith wrote:

Hi, all! I know the chatter is all about the Anaheim Supercross but 25 years ago the SX opener happened in Orlando and some washed up BMX racer named Jeremy McGrath broguht his shenanigans to the Citrus Bowl.

Nothing was ever the same.

I wrote about the history of the nac nac at my little website, We Went Fast. A Nac for Style: The Nac Nac at 25

Praying for great racing this weekend! Have fun. Photo taken by Davey Coombs at the 1994 Houston SX. Appeared in Cycle News.


Photo

Awesome read. Man me and my dad love your long form stories and the rad IG pics you post, it's something we actually talk about alot. BTW I bought him y'alls Evel Knievel shirt for Christmas and he swears that's the best gift he has ever received haha. Not trying to get all sappy here, but about three years ago he moved to Texas after my parents split and at first it took a while for me to get comfortable without having him at the track with me, MTB races, our Harley rides, and just shootin the shit in the shop working on bikes together. Ever since I shared your content with him, it has really got our relationship back into a great spot, and led to some awesome conversations, even though we are hours away from each other. You may have been told this before or maybe not but, your work and content hits home for sure and I don't think I'm speaking for myself or my old man when I say it is really appreciated!!

|

1/5/2019 5:36 AM

Dam im getting old...

|

1/5/2019 6:08 AM

Awesome article, thank you for writing it

|

1/5/2019 1:38 PM

Brett Smith wrote:

Hi, all! I know the chatter is all about the Anaheim Supercross but 25 years ago the SX opener happened in Orlando and some washed up BMX racer named Jeremy McGrath broguht his shenanigans to the Citrus Bowl.

Nothing was ever the same.

I wrote about the history of the nac nac at my little website, We Went Fast. A Nac for Style: The Nac Nac at 25

Praying for great racing this weekend! Have fun. Photo taken by Davey Coombs at the 1994 Houston SX. Appeared in Cycle News.


Photo

ZM956 wrote:

Awesome read. Man me and my dad love your long form stories and the rad IG pics you post, it's something we actually talk about alot. BTW I bought him y'alls Evel Knievel shirt for Christmas and he swears that's the best gift he has ever received haha. Not trying to get all sappy here, but about three years ago he moved to Texas after my parents split and at first it took a while for me to get comfortable without having him at the track with me, MTB races, our Harley rides, and just shootin the shit in the shop working on bikes together. Ever since I shared your content with him, it has really got our relationship back into a great spot, and led to some awesome conversations, even though we are hours away from each other. You may have been told this before or maybe not but, your work and content hits home for sure and I don't think I'm speaking for myself or my old man when I say it is really appreciated!!

Wow. Thank you. This is an incredibly touching story and I'm truly humbled.

Brining families back together isn't something I ever could have imagined my work would have the power of doing. Thanks so much for reading (and buying a shirt). The merchandise helps offset the costs of running the website and taking the time to write the stories.

|

1/5/2019 2:40 PM

Anaheim 1 Supercross 2019 Live Stream


Broadcast Here=>> http://amasupercrosssrace.blogspot.com

|