The Moto Lab- Danielson CT

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2020 7:04 AM

Anyone deal with them before?

A friend sent a KXF cylinder head to him for repair at the end of April, still nothing yet. Guy does not return phone calls/texts/emails. The random chance he does respond it’s always “it will go out the end of the week”.

I know the industry is booming right now and there have been some issues with parts availability, but this seems excessive.

Anyone have any details/info? Words of wisdom?

|

6/30/2020 7:22 AM

Honestly I haven't heard of them, but I will ask around and see if anyone I know has dealt with them and what their experience was.

|

6/30/2020 7:29 AM

I sent a ecu for remap, had it back in 4 days. Fwiw.

|

6/30/2020 7:29 AM

UGOTBIT wrote:

Anyone deal with them before?

A friend sent a KXF cylinder head to him for repair at the end of April, still nothing yet. Guy does not return phone calls/texts/emails. The random chance he does respond it’s always “it will go out the end of the week”.

I know the industry is booming right now and there have been some issues with parts availability, but this seems excessive.

Anyone have any details/info? Words of wisdom?

He is on fb also.

|

6/30/2020 7:30 AM

Had a 5 day turnaround on my ECU before, zero issues. He always answered his phone too.

|

6/30/2020 7:45 AM

Yeah, I have only seen good reviews, that's why I suggested my buddy contact him for the head work.

Not sure what the issue is at this point, but basically waiting to build/re-build the entire bike until he gets the head back. Sucks as my buddy was getting back into the sport after many years off, this is sucking the fun out of it.

|

6/30/2020 8:32 AM

I just started dealing with him this year. I was a little skeptical just because I’ve used the same two people to do all my motor work in the past, but was pleasantly surprised. He did quick work for me, and haven’t had any issues with the work he’s done for me.

|

6/30/2020 10:07 AM

He's been working on my bikes for the past few seasons. His prices are more than fair and he answers the phone when I call. I've sent many people from New England and from this forum to him and I've never heard one complaint about him.

|

6/30/2020 12:00 PM

Yeah, it seemed odd because I have only heard good things. Feel partly responsible because I suggested my friend use him from the things I've seen posted...

Anyway, my friend was able to make contact today. Moto Lab told him he had a machine go down when he was ready to do the work on the valve seats.

I guess he also stated that he was/is behind, and took on too much and has been turning people away until he gets caught up.

Hopefully he gets his equipment up and running and can get this done, he said end of the week if his tooling shows up.

|

6/30/2020 4:21 PM

Tom is a stand up guy...I brought my bike down to him a couple weeks ago ( thanks digger for the recommendation)and he dyno'd my 350sxf at 49hp stock...After he worked his magic my bike left there with 56 ho and has never ran better ...The bike absolutely rips and fires up instantly...Plan on bringing my 03 CR 250 down there as soon as I get a chance

|

6/30/2020 4:22 PM

Digger29 wrote:

He's been working on my bikes for the past few seasons. His prices are more than fair and he answers the phone when I call. I've sent many people from New England and from this forum to him and I've never heard one complaint about him.

Sent me there and I have nothing but good thing to say about Tom's work...

|

6/30/2020 4:24 PM

TD248 wrote:

I just started dealing with him this year. I was a little skeptical just because I’ve used the same two people to do all my motor work in the past, but was pleasantly surprised. He did quick work for me, and haven’t had any issues with the work he’s done for me.

He does awesome work man...When I pulled up to his shop I was a little skeptical at first too...Once he works on your bike you know Tom knows his shit.

|

6/30/2020 5:06 PM

I can vouch for the tooling issues. It is currently a crapshoot getting anything shipped in a timely fashion unless its something basic or super common. Im on a 4-6 week wait for an extremely common Command brand .500 tap collet. Some of my regular order drills im having to wait 3-4 weeks to ship direct from Germany. Dont even ask about carbide from Israel... I have free next day shipping with MSC under contract, im lucky if it is here in 2-3 days. If it isnt in the Atlanta warehouse, i wont see it for a week minimum. Had to revamp my whole ordering schedules just to keep machines going

|

6/30/2020 7:03 PM

I'm going to drop some forks off to him tomorrow if he has time to do them.. Tom is a Moto wizard, a hard worker and a stand up guy. I've known him over 25 years. I think he just hired more help last week.

|

Name withheld... Esquire

6/30/2020 7:09 PM

Yep just Like I posted before. I saw on here how good he was. Sent my ECU to him after telling him all of my mods. Bike wouldn’t go past 15 mph, obviously I sent it back and that’s all she wrote.
I never saw my Suzuki ECU ever again. Sent emails, messages on Instagram but never got it back.
After a year he responded “I assure you it was mailed back”.
Yeah no thanks, way too many better tuners out there to mess with this clown. Good luck, hope it works out for you!

Ghost

|

7/6/2020 9:18 AM

Ghostrider145 wrote:

Yep just Like I posted before. I saw on here how good he was. Sent my ECU to him after telling him all of my mods. Bike wouldn’t go past 15 mph, obviously I sent it back and that’s all she wrote.
I never saw my Suzuki ECU ever again. Sent emails, messages on Instagram but never got it back.
After a year he responded “I assure you it was mailed back”.
Yeah no thanks, way too many better tuners out there to mess with this clown. Good luck, hope it works out for you!

Ghost

Sucks to heat that Ghost.

Still waiting, have not heard anything. Hope something happen soon...

|