The Moto Community Lost Another Too Soon.

Jharper
Hi guys,

One of the eldest freestyle motocross riders still ripping passed away last night. Paul Smith of California died doing what he loved with a passion. You'd never know how old he was by looking at him, because he trained his ass off every day to be the best that he could be. Regardless, he was much too young to go. RIP Paul

He was a genuinely good dude and a pioneer in the community. He got me into jumping ramps at a point in my life when I didn't even own a bike and helped teach me so much about riding and such that I could never repay him.

Some of you may know or have heard of him and know that he left behind a loving wife Amber. The GoFundMe below will be going directly to his wife Amber. Any little bit will help the family I'm sure. Don't feel obligated to donate. Any prayers and thoughts for the family will be appreciated too. I just wanted to help spread the message so that they aren't worrying about family in these times.

Go Fund Me for Paul Douglas Smith

This was taken directly fro the go fund me page

"This fund has been created to help Amber Smith (my sister) with the recent loss of her husband Paul Smith, and the costs she will face in the coming months. Paul was an amazing person. He was an absolute legend of freestyle motocross, and him and my sisters recent move to Californa saw him the opportunity to practice along side some of the most legendary freestyle motocross riders on the planet. Paul died practicing what he loved, and we are all deeply saddened by the untimely loss of such a great man. No donation is too small, and every one is greatly appreciated. It is no secret the size of the hurdle my sister will have to overcome by losing her husband, and we hope you can find it in your heart to help her in her time of great need. Thank You!"

Thanks for the help and support guys.

~Jesse
|
slipdog
9/9/2016 6:46am
Damn, bad news... RIP Paul!!!
jeffro503
9/9/2016 9:03am
Damn it , that really sucks to hear. Hate hearing about stuff like this. RIP Paul.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/9/2016 10:41am
Man, sorry to hear that. I hadn't met Paul, but from this, and some of the other comments I've seen online, he sounds like an awesome human.
Jharper
9/9/2016 10:58am
GuyB wrote:
Man, sorry to hear that. I hadn't met Paul, but from this, and some of the other comments I've seen online, he sounds like an awesome...
Man, sorry to hear that. I hadn't met Paul, but from this, and some of the other comments I've seen online, he sounds like an awesome human.
Gibby you're spot on. The guy was there to help anyone. Always had a smile and loved Moto more than anyone. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone with a stronger work ethic. He was 49 and still backflipping motorcycles daily. Truly an awesome human.

The Shop

Jharper
9/9/2016 2:22pm
Huge props to the moto community. It's only been 9 hours and they are well over halfway to their goal. Good work everyone. It's one less thing that Amber will have to worry about.

ocscottie
9/9/2016 3:21pm
Very sad deal, i recall his name from doing Social Scoop and looking through IG posts.

GodSpeed my moto brother.
9/9/2016 4:28pm
Nice guy, anyone know what actually happened? Read one thing that said he died from congestive heart failure and another that he under rotated a flip yesterday?
Jharper
9/9/2016 6:21pm
Moparmotel wrote:
Nice guy, anyone know what actually happened? Read one thing that said he died from congestive heart failure and another that he under rotated a flip...
Nice guy, anyone know what actually happened? Read one thing that said he died from congestive heart failure and another that he under rotated a flip yesterday?
No speculation here. He under-rotated a flip.
9/9/2016 7:12pm
Moparmotel wrote:
Nice guy, anyone know what actually happened? Read one thing that said he died from congestive heart failure and another that he under rotated a flip...
Jharper wrote:
No speculation here. He under-rotated a flip.
Thank you for the info. RIP Paul.

Post a reply to: The Moto Community Lost Another Too Soon.

The Latest