The Man had style.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2018 6:38 PM

Not too many riders could ride a 65' CZ with that much style. Happy Birthday Roger D. Seventy something and still showing up every week.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/28/2018 6:52 PM

Awesome pictures. Crazy to think how fast he could ride with such privative bikes with almost no protective gear back then

|

8/28/2018 7:02 PM

|

8/28/2018 7:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 7:15 PM

Jbulz wrote:

Awesome pictures. Crazy to think how fast he could ride with such privative bikes with almost no protective gear back then

C'mon, man, those old school leathers could stop a bullet. And they're probably close to the same weight as Roger's bike.

|

8/28/2018 7:05 PM

Roger = one bad MF'er !!!
Legend!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/28/2018 8:45 PM

There will never be another like him. Happy Birthday to Roger D.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

8/28/2018 8:48 PM

Legend.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

8/28/2018 8:54 PM

Jbulz wrote:

Sully wrote:

C'mon, man, those old school leathers could stop a bullet. And they're probably close to the same weight as Roger's bike.

True. And the whole top half of his head is completely safe too.

|

8/30/2018 11:09 AM

Photo
|

8/30/2018 11:14 AM

My original MX hero. Posters on the wall, the whole dealio. Happy birthday 5X World Champ.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

8/30/2018 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2018 11:18 AM

Photo
Not sure who to give the photo credit to on this one but it's a great shot! Happy Birthday to The Man!
|

8/30/2018 3:35 PM

I have a big ass poster of Roger on the #2 Suzuki...dragging grips...so badass !

|

8/30/2018 6:06 PM

SCR wrote:

Not too many riders could ride a 65' CZ with that much style. Happy Birthday Roger D. Seventy something and still showing up every week.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

SCR- thank you for this great post of vintage photos.
RD is the father of American motocross as depicted.

On another comment many have forgotten John Penton whom turned 93 recently and KTM just honored him for his 50th anniversary of the Penton motorcycle started in 1968. Corporate office celebration in Ohio. Many have forgotten how KTM motocross bikes started.....

|

8/30/2018 7:31 PM

Think of the teams he’s been involved with, both as a rider and a consultant/team manager. Pretty much spans the history of Motocross. Glad he’s still involved in this great sport.

|

8/30/2018 10:11 PM

Couple more cool picks. DeCosters famous cross up that every kid with a Sting Ray tried to emulate.
The color picture is the 68 Hopetown GP about 30 mins from where I live. The Honda secret test track in the 1980s was a few miles down the road from here also.

Photo

Photo

|

8/31/2018 5:32 AM

He sure did ! Photo

|

8/31/2018 5:44 AM

Roger is Motocross

|

8/31/2018 6:09 AM

rangot wrote:

He sure did ! Photo

rog had him a baddie

|

8/31/2018 9:01 AM

^^^^ Looks like the Lucas girls mom.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

8/31/2018 9:54 AM

Jbulz wrote:

Sully wrote:

Jbulz wrote:

True. And the whole top half of his head is completely safe too.

Cracks me up those old helmets, your face stuck out like a sore thumb, just like bicycle helmets, your safe if you crash just on the top of your head, which never happens, say goodbye to your face!

|

Now don't swig it boy! just a open your craw sows I can pour it right through.

9/2/2018 7:00 PM

rangot wrote:

He sure did ! Photo

Shes a perfect 20 out of 10. Holy moly what a beautiful lady.

|

9/2/2018 9:15 PM

Thanks SCR, nice thread.
But,
What do you mean had? Haha, joking of coarse, but, he has more style than any team manager, motorsports director, around.
Past or present.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

9/2/2018 9:36 PM

rangot wrote:

He sure did ! Photo

I printed this picture, took it to Hangtown a few years ago and had Roger autograph it.

|

9/2/2018 9:43 PM

Roger looks like a badass even when he's getting his hair cut...

Photo

|

9/2/2018 9:44 PM

Photo
|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

9/2/2018 9:53 PM

rangot wrote:

He sure did ! Photo

bnero44 wrote:

rog had him a baddie

Whoa! That girl sure does look a lot like Nicloe Cesa. Like a a twin. That's weird.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/2/2018 10:03 PM

rangot wrote:

He sure did ! Photo

bnero44 wrote:

rog had him a baddie

jeffro503 wrote:

Whoa! That girl sure does look a lot like Nicloe Cesa. Like a a twin. That's weird.

She's fine that's for sure. Nice dress, before the pants.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

9/2/2018 10:40 PM

Reese95w wrote: Photo

This is a good example of Prime dirt before track's were prepped... from what I remember. Roger has always had great style and a certain amount of class. Has a good eye for the obvious also...

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

9/3/2018 12:29 AM

Makin a kids day
Photo

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

9/4/2018 6:39 PM

Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."