The MEC

aees
10/16/2019 12:16pm
peltier626 wrote:
Gaiser gets on the podium.
Ranman68 wrote:
That's what I'm thinking. As long as he doesn't wad it somewhere. I think he's a little more prepared than he was in 2017, and even...
That's what I'm thinking. As long as he doesn't wad it somewhere. I think he's a little more prepared than he was in 2017, and even then he was showing top 5 speed before he ate it.
Gajser did not look good on the video he released, so uncomfortable. And that was probably on lap 200 on that track, same line. With guys jumping next to you, and having to switch combinations he will not be fast.
CivBars
10/16/2019 1:13pm
peltier626 wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
That's what I'm thinking. As long as he doesn't wad it somewhere. I think he's a little more prepared than he was in 2017, and even...
That's what I'm thinking. As long as he doesn't wad it somewhere. I think he's a little more prepared than he was in 2017, and even then he was showing top 5 speed before he ate it.
aees wrote:
Gajser did not look good on the video he released, so uncomfortable. And that was probably on lap 200 on that track, same line. With guys...
Gajser did not look good on the video he released, so uncomfortable. And that was probably on lap 200 on that track, same line. With guys jumping next to you, and having to switch combinations he will not be fast.
Someone had to say it
philG
10/16/2019 1:25pm
Ranman68 wrote:
Is it me, or does running one of the motos backwards seem pretty friggin dangerous? It seems to me like learning a track well enough to...
Is it me, or does running one of the motos backwards seem pretty friggin dangerous? It seems to me like learning a track well enough to get everything timed right is hard enough going one direction only. Racing the track one direction then racing it another direction immidiatly afterwards is going to throw some of them off. Especially the first lap or first 2-3 laps. Getting a little thrown off with that many jumps, getting that high in the air, and at those speeds can be disastrous. I wonder if they will get a parade lap or 2 or 3 to get their mind/memory readjusted in between motos.
This shit seems sketchy to me. I hope no one gets hurt becaus of it.
Absolutely... RC wants fucking . Wont be happy till he properly hurts someone. Dumbest idea i ever heard. All tgats missing is a shark tank
Ray_MXS
10/16/2019 1:26pm
aees wrote:
Gajser did not look good on the video he released, so uncomfortable. And that was probably on lap 200 on that track, same line. With guys...
You must have seen different videos than what I saw

The Shop

aees
10/16/2019 1:29pm
aees wrote:
Ray_MXS wrote:
The Instagram one. He look like shit, the whole body language, super stiff upper body, passive, hesitant.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/16/2019 1:30pm
peltier626 wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
aees wrote:
Wat?
What exactly in that video looks uncomfortable to you?

You think he will be slower than 2 years ago where he was inside the top 5 in moto 1 on MX suspension with one day of practice before the event?
aees
10/16/2019 1:42pm
Ranman68 wrote:
aees wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Wat? What exactly in that video looks uncomfortable to you? You think he will be slower than 2 years ago where he was inside the top...
Wat?

You think he will be slower than 2 years ago where he was inside the top 5 in moto 1 on MX suspension with one day of practice before the event?
I just stated it above. It looks exactly like when anyone not used to riding SX look like. It looked like the b and c guys going out to practice on a SX event of your choice.

"going up the jump, am I coming up short, or long? Puh, made it. On to the next one".

No intensity, no speed. Hesitant, passive. Put him in traffic and he is done when he has to switch from 3-3-3 to 2-3-3-1. Classic, been to so many SX events when riders look exactly like he did and you can so clearly see the difference between an A and B/C riders. That does not mean he can't go fast, for a lap or two when he can control line selection and ride undisturbed.

Anyone will be faster on mx suspension on a track with no whoops and no real SX combos. That is - Until you you needed the SX suspension. Why do you think roczen was so fast on the Honda and suk pre injury one?
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
10/16/2019 1:44pm
aees wrote:
Ray_MXS wrote:
aees wrote:
The Instagram one. He look like shit, the whole body language, super stiff upper body, passive, hesitant.
I agree he doesn't look comfortable compared to a Tomac, Webb, etc either does most of the field on any given Saturday. All these videos are on SX tracks, the MEC is not an SX track. Much more wide open than an SX track. Most of the top guys are out. He could do well, he could get beat. He has nothing to loose as long as he stays upright.
hamncheeze
10/16/2019 1:47pm
Why hate on Gajser? The guy is out there trying it. Much more than can be said for all the MXGP riders except for Tixier. Will Gajser win? Very likely not. Will he crash? It's probable. Will he be fast? It's probable. At this point, with all the riders giving MEC a pass this year, I'm thankful for the Gajser and Reed story lines, otherwise I could easily pass on watching it at all.
hamncheeze
10/16/2019 1:51pm
aees wrote:
I just stated it above. It looks exactly like when anyone not used to riding SX look like. It looked like the b and c guys...
I just stated it above. It looks exactly like when anyone not used to riding SX look like. It looked like the b and c guys going out to practice on a SX event of your choice.

"going up the jump, am I coming up short, or long? Puh, made it. On to the next one".

No intensity, no speed. Hesitant, passive. Put him in traffic and he is done when he has to switch from 3-3-3 to 2-3-3-1. Classic, been to so many SX events when riders look exactly like he did and you can so clearly see the difference between an A and B/C riders. That does not mean he can't go fast, for a lap or two when he can control line selection and ride undisturbed.

Anyone will be faster on mx suspension on a track with no whoops and no real SX combos. That is - Until you you needed the SX suspension. Why do you think roczen was so fast on the Honda and suk pre injury one?
motorcycleindustryjobs.com

I'm sure there is someone on there looking for a riding coach Dry
aees
10/16/2019 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2019 1:53pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
aees wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
I agree he doesn't look comfortable compared to a Tomac, Webb, etc either does most of the field on any given Saturday. All these videos are...
I agree he doesn't look comfortable compared to a Tomac, Webb, etc either does most of the field on any given Saturday. All these videos are on SX tracks, the MEC is not an SX track. Much more wide open than an SX track. Most of the top guys are out. He could do well, he could get beat. He has nothing to loose as long as he stays upright.
All guys running in A-group look comfortable and top 4-8 in B. Typically the ones making the main event.
TG did not look like that.

Don't get me wrong I love seeing him in MEC, one of the things making the event interesting. But also pointing out the difficulty of doing a short time transition to SX even for a mxgp champ with experience riding SX tracks.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/16/2019 2:51pm
aees wrote:
I just stated it above. It looks exactly like when anyone not used to riding SX look like. It looked like the b and c guys...

Impressive list of conclusions after one short video with no context.

Of course he does not look like he's in his element right away. But he doesn't look like shit or like a C rider. Sorry.

CivBars
10/16/2019 3:37pm
Did he go Dragon back - off - 3 - 5 in that rhythm at 0:30?

10/16/2019 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2019 4:29pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Why hate on Gajser? The guy is out there trying it. Much more than can be said for all the MXGP riders except for Tixier. Will...
Why hate on Gajser? The guy is out there trying it. Much more than can be said for all the MXGP riders except for Tixier. Will Gajser win? Very likely not. Will he crash? It's probable. Will he be fast? It's probable. At this point, with all the riders giving MEC a pass this year, I'm thankful for the Gajser and Reed story lines, otherwise I could easily pass on watching it at all.
Seriously, he is one of the few bright spots this year. I am taking my two oldest boys on our way back from Colorado, and I am pretty disappointed the field is so weak. Gajser and Tixier will definitely bring some additional interest from the MXGP fans and he has a great chance to finish really well, especially since this track is always a little more motocross focused. 243 is a crazy talented rider.

Glad we are going though this year as I kind of feel like this could be the last year of the Monster Cup if the rider turnout this year is any indication of the status of the event.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
10/16/2019 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2019 5:45pm
CivBars wrote:

Not sure if it was a 5 or a 4, but anyone that can't see the difference between Gajser and Mookie in those 2 video's is either blind or biased... And I say that as a huge TiGa fan.

The one thing to say about the MEC is that it is NOT a typical supercross and the differences HELP TG243.
karsmakers
10/16/2019 7:55pm
Why do people keep calling this a supercross track? It's not even close. It's more like a nighttime dirt track with a weird start and a few jumps
CR250Rider
10/16/2019 10:13pm
Bruce372 wrote:
does anyone know a simple way it can be watched online? Ive checked my NBC sports app and cannot see the MEC. Is NBC still doing...
does anyone know a simple way it can be watched online?

Ive checked my NBC sports app and cannot see the MEC.

Is NBC still doing the SX and MX package???
I just did a YouTube TV search and came up empty.
I'll find something else better and eventually watch it later. Oh well
kkawboy14
10/17/2019 6:34am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2019 6:36am
karsmakers wrote:
Why do people keep calling this a supercross track? It's not even close. It's more like a nighttime dirt track with a weird start and a...
Why do people keep calling this a supercross track? It's not even close. It's more like a nighttime dirt track with a weird start and a few jumps
I’ll take a swing at it.....

1) Because it’s in a stadium?

2) because it has man made triples?

3) because only a few have the guts to sign up and give it a spin?

4) 30 second sign board?

5) Monster girls?

6) fireworks?

7) BIG payout? Dirt tracks only payout pennies!
psychotronBR
Fantasy
1281st
10/17/2019 7:25am
aees wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Wat? What exactly in that video looks uncomfortable to you? You think he will be slower than 2 years ago where he was inside the top...
Wat?

aees wrote:

Saying that Tim Gajser, a 3 time world champion looked like a C rider was PROFOUNDLY moronic.
aees
10/17/2019 7:43am
crusty_xx wrote:
Wat?

aees wrote:

Saying that Tim Gajser, a 3 time world champion looked like a C rider was PROFOUNDLY moronic.
Nope. Same way I seen number of riders look like for first two seasons through SX until they got comfortable and some SX skills.

Did you watch Thomas Covington this year? Same.

Do you think Cairoli who is 9 time champion would look better than TG? I mean he has 3x more championship under his belt. MX has nothing to do with your first SX races/seasons.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
10/17/2019 7:59am
karsmakers wrote:
Why do people keep calling this a supercross track? It's not even close. It's more like a nighttime dirt track with a weird start and a...
kkawboy14 wrote:
I’ll take a swing at it..... 1) Because it’s in a stadium? 2) because it has man made triples? 3) because only a few have the...
I’ll take a swing at it.....

1) Because it’s in a stadium?

2) because it has man made triples?

3) because only a few have the guts to sign up and give it a spin?

4) 30 second sign board?

5) Monster girls?

6) fireworks?

7) BIG payout? Dirt tracks only payout pennies!
Funny, my first thought when I read his post was "bowl turns"....
Frodad78
10/17/2019 8:14am
aees wrote:
Lol basically described my riding
peltier626
10/17/2019 8:17am
Ranman68 wrote:
Is it me, or does running one of the motos backwards seem pretty friggin dangerous? It seems to me like learning a track well enough to...
Is it me, or does running one of the motos backwards seem pretty friggin dangerous? It seems to me like learning a track well enough to get everything timed right is hard enough going one direction only. Racing the track one direction then racing it another direction immidiatly afterwards is going to throw some of them off. Especially the first lap or first 2-3 laps. Getting a little thrown off with that many jumps, getting that high in the air, and at those speeds can be disastrous. I wonder if they will get a parade lap or 2 or 3 to get their mind/memory readjusted in between motos.
This shit seems sketchy to me. I hope no one gets hurt becaus of it.
Feld entertainment, the riders are dispensable as long as the show was good.
Moto520
10/17/2019 8:37am
aees wrote:
i agree with this. i hope he does well and proves us all wrong. I love a good under dog.

Post a reply to: The MEC

The Latest