The MEC

kkawboy14
10/13/2019 7:49am
gnarwhip wrote:
So none of the big Monster guys did the RBSR, none of the big Red Bull guys are doing the MEC, and none of the big...
So none of the big Monster guys did the RBSR, none of the big Red Bull guys are doing the MEC, and none of the big Rockstar guys are doing either. Cool. Great job guys.
But the Redbull guy says that they don’t discuss not doing Monster events!
kkawboy14
10/13/2019 7:50am
Zacka 161 wrote:
No red bull riders at MEC

no monster riders at Red bull Straight Rhythm

I think he was missing the obvious!
BS12
10/13/2019 10:22pm
Anyone for bets on Mookie? I'll suggest an overall podium.
kb228
10/14/2019 4:20am
Should it just be called the ‘Eli Kawasaki cup’ that nobody serious challengers can be bothered to turn up to because it’s meaningless and irrelevant?
zehn wrote:
$1,000,000 is meaningless and irrelevant? I wish I had your problems
It kinda loses its edge when you’ve already got a couple or more mill in the bank & a secure job. Let’s be realistic- there’s about...
It kinda loses its edge when you’ve already got a couple or more mill in the bank & a secure job. Let’s be realistic- there’s about 3 or 4 riders who have got the ability to win it & they’re all multi millionaires already, so..

And it shows in who can be motivated to enter it.
This is the first year we have seen a weak field. Every other year everyone showed up unless they were recovering from injury.

The Shop

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
10/14/2019 5:38am
RG1 wrote:
This just proves to me what I’ve thought all along that the MEC needs to be in November/December
No one would race. No ones risking an injury a month away from A1.
Racerman967
10/14/2019 7:24am
Roczen is skipping it for rest purposes. Same reason he didn’t do MXON. According to his manager the decision was made early in the year. Zach and JA haven’t had a break
mxb2
10/14/2019 7:33am
Roczen is skipping it for rest purposes. Same reason he didn’t do MXON. According to his manager the decision was made early in the year. Zach...
Roczen is skipping it for rest purposes. Same reason he didn’t do MXON. According to his manager the decision was made early in the year. Zach and JA haven’t had a break
He raced the red bull.event. Wasnt resting there lol.
Racerman967
10/14/2019 8:00am
Slightly different event, his total time in the track might have been 12 minutes
mxb2
10/14/2019 11:04am
Slightly different event, his total time in the track might have been 12 minutes
Yep, one off event still risking injury. Unless his payday was good.
EngIceDave
10/14/2019 11:15am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2019 11:19am
Y'all know Bloss is racing it for RMATVMC-KTM, right?
CivBars
10/14/2019 11:27am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2019 11:30am
EngIceDave wrote:
Y'all know Bloss is racing it for RMATVMC-KTM, right?
And possibly Cooper, not for that team though.

From https://www.swapmotolive.com/2019-monster-energy-cup-provisional-entry-list/

UPDATE: Musquin will not race, as he is yet to be cleared to ride following his knee injury. Webb is now on the entry list but uncertain if he will race; his final decision will happen after some more testing this week. Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM will have only Benny Bloss on the track, in what will be his last race with the team. Blake Baggett and Justin Bogle, the team’s 2020 riders, will sit the event out to continue their recovery from illness in 2019.

And Reed on a "Suzuki"
karsmakers
10/14/2019 5:49pm
Ask Jason how important it is to him? And I reject your “thinly veiled” comment- I’m not trying to hide it, MEC is a load of...
Ask Jason how important it is to him?

And I reject your “thinly veiled” comment- I’m not trying to hide it, MEC is a load of shit!

*im looking forward to A1 as always..
mxb2 wrote:
Ask gajser. Guess he likes $$, but oh yea. My bad. He has enough according to you.
majaaa93 wrote:
Billy gajser is not racing because of milions that mac event. He is racing because he wanna race sx and is the only time he have...
Billy gajser is not racing because of milions that mac event. He is racing because he wanna race sx and is the only time he have time to do it. He also raced mxon, slovenian nacional races.. He is racing because is only time that he cann try real sx 😉
I appreciate Gajser coming over to race but lets not call this "real supercross" because it's not even close. Personally, I think if he gets a good start he will be top three and maybe even a moto win.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
10/15/2019 8:39am
Roczen is skipping it for rest purposes. Same reason he didn’t do MXON. According to his manager the decision was made early in the year. Zach...
mxb2 wrote:
Red Bulls biggest MX athlete races Red Bull event...... I heard rumblings that he wasn’t stoked to do that either. Just like when Dungey got flack for doing the Euro SX cup that failed and didn’t do MxDN. He had to do the SX race, wouldn’t have otherwise.
mxb2
10/15/2019 8:45am
mxb2 wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Red Bulls biggest MX athlete races Red Bull event...... I heard rumblings that he wasn’t stoked to do that either. Just like when Dungey got flack...
Red Bulls biggest MX athlete races Red Bull event...... I heard rumblings that he wasn’t stoked to do that either. Just like when Dungey got flack for doing the Euro SX cup that failed and didn’t do MxDN. He had to do the SX race, wouldn’t have otherwise.
Yep, i heard the same. But the the tomac,ac9 ,kawy haters dont understand any of that. Race what you are contracted to race.
Bjorn645
Fantasy
1022nd
10/15/2019 9:21am
Big news here is that AC and Eli are riding "Kawaski's" according to Racerx entry list Woohoo
therealhammer
10/15/2019 10:08am
gnarwhip wrote:
So none of the big Monster guys did the RBSR, none of the big Red Bull guys are doing the MEC, and none of the big...
So none of the big Monster guys did the RBSR, none of the big Red Bull guys are doing the MEC, and none of the big Rockstar guys are doing either. Cool. Great job guys.
kkawboy14 wrote:
I didn't see you in the weekly strategy meetings ( that we don't have) where we talk about how we can mess with the integrity of the sport and tell our top riders to sit out events.... man, say Hi next time.

Cooper- returning from injury making a decision today
Ken- Wasnt planning on it
Marvin- injured knee..

kkawboy14
10/15/2019 10:18am
gnarwhip wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
I didn't see you in the weekly strategy meetings ( that we don't have) where we talk about how we can mess with the integrity of...
I didn't see you in the weekly strategy meetings ( that we don't have) where we talk about how we can mess with the integrity of the sport and tell our top riders to sit out events.... man, say Hi next time.

Marvin- injured knee..

Dude you are thick aren’t you!

I was stating the obvious of what just happened in 2 events, actually I asked 2 questions, I didn’t state anything as fact but I see why you punch a time clock for a living!
10/15/2019 1:18pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I didn't see you in the weekly strategy meetings ( that we don't have) where we talk about how we can mess with the integrity of...

Marvin- injured knee..

kkawboy14 wrote:
Dude you are thick aren’t you! I was stating the obvious of what just happened in 2 events, actually I asked 2 questions, I didn’t state...

I was stating the obvious of what just happened in 2 events, actually I asked 2 questions, I didn’t state anything as fact but I see why you punch a time clock for a living!
you just dumped on over 50% of the members here.

classy shitHuh
Ranman68
10/15/2019 1:18pm
Is it me, or does running one of the motos backwards seem pretty friggin dangerous? It seems to me like learning a track well enough to get everything timed right is hard enough going one direction only. Racing the track one direction then racing it another direction immidiatly afterwards is going to throw some of them off. Especially the first lap or first 2-3 laps. Getting a little thrown off with that many jumps, getting that high in the air, and at those speeds can be disastrous. I wonder if they will get a parade lap or 2 or 3 to get their mind/memory readjusted in between motos.
This shit seems sketchy to me. I hope no one gets hurt becaus of it.
kkawboy14
10/15/2019 3:25pm

Marvin- injured knee..

kkawboy14 wrote:
Dude you are thick aren’t you! I was stating the obvious of what just happened in 2 events, actually I asked 2 questions, I didn’t state...

you just dumped on over 50% of the members here.

classy shitHuh
Relax I was just pushing his buttons, but maybe you fit the mold also?
Press516
Fantasy
90th
10/15/2019 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2019 3:34pm
mxb2 wrote:
Ask gajser. Guess he likes $$, but oh yea. My bad. He has enough according to you.
majaaa93 wrote:
Billy gajser is not racing because of milions that mac event. He is racing because he wanna race sx and is the only time he have...
Billy gajser is not racing because of milions that mac event. He is racing because he wanna race sx and is the only time he have time to do it. He also raced mxon, slovenian nacional races.. He is racing because is only time that he cann try real sx 😉
karsmakers wrote:
I appreciate Gajser coming over to race but lets not call this "real supercross" because it's not even close. Personally, I think if he gets a...
I appreciate Gajser coming over to race but lets not call this "real supercross" because it's not even close. Personally, I think if he gets a good start he will be top three and maybe even a moto win.
Because it isn't a true supercross race, he will show speed for sure... Can he stay on it? That is the question...

And no Webb, Musquin, Roczen, Baggett, Anderson, Osborne, Seely, Bogle, Savatgy, Hill, Brayton, etc... Not going to be quite the run for the million we all tune in to see.
O&GDriller
10/16/2019 8:28am
mauidex wrote:
where's Alessi and Geijer?!??!?!
I'm guessing the same place as Benny! He's racing but even he doesn't know why he was left off the "list". It wasn't a last minute decision.

Post a reply to: The MEC

The Latest