The Lives They Lived 2020

DC
Edited Date/Time 1/5/2021 10:09pm
Last night we posted our annual requiem on some of the friends and fellow moto enthusiasts we lost in the past year. Sadly, there were a lot this time around. If you get a chance here on New Year's Day 2021, give it a read, I am sure we all knew someone we lost in 2020...

https://racerxonline.com/2020/12/31/the-lives-they-lived

Happy New Year.

DC
Racer X
|
philG
1/1/2021 1:30pm
Always a sad read, but never one to miss.

A fitting tribute to those who make our sport, our sport.
RalphS
1/1/2021 3:15pm
The effort you guys do in writing this article and honor those that passed is not only really appreciated but also helps to put things in perspective. One of the few articles I religiously read every year.
LungButter
1/1/2021 3:20pm
RalphS wrote:
The effort you guys do in writing this article and honor those that passed is not only really appreciated but also helps to put things in...
The effort you guys do in writing this article and honor those that passed is not only really appreciated but also helps to put things in perspective. One of the few articles I religiously read every year.
Agreed.

Hate to see my good friend PK on the list this year. RIP Buddy.
1/1/2021 3:41pm
DC wrote:
Last night we posted our annual requiem on some of the friends and fellow moto enthusiasts we lost in the past year. Sadly, there were a...
Last night we posted our annual requiem on some of the friends and fellow moto enthusiasts we lost in the past year. Sadly, there were a lot this time around. If you get a chance here on New Year's Day 2021, give it a read, I am sure we all knew someone we lost in 2020...

https://racerxonline.com/2020/12/31/the-lives-they-lived

Happy New Year.

DC
Racer X
Thanks, this is one of the things you do that sets you apart.

The Shop

Jmicmoto13
1/1/2021 4:08pm
Thanks for posting DC. That was a little more of an emotional read than I had anticipated. My condolences to Weige's family for his loss. Man, life goes fast. RIP to all listed
lukaitis9
1/2/2021 5:21pm
DC thank you for posting. COVID claimed another of the NJ Motocross family early this year. Larry Cohen was not a racer but was well entrenched in the local and national scene in the 1980s. Larry was stricken with COVID in April and died as a result of complications from the disease.

https://www.njmotocross.com/nj-motocross/2020/godspeed-larry-cohen/

Sierra Ranger
1/4/2021 12:46pm
Wow, you solved a mystery for me DC. When I used to live in the Herndon, VA area, About 15 years ago, I was told of a fast former pro motocrosser named Jim Gibson. I had heard of the other Jim Gibson but was confused as to how he ended up working in Herndon, VA, and didn't think it could be true. Turns out it was this guy!
1/4/2021 4:47pm
Bummer, I didn,t here about Broc Sellard,s Dad. I parked at a small truck stop in new Philadelphia, years ago. I went inside to eat and buy stuff, to keep the independent buisness alive. I asked if Broc ever stops in, since he lives nearby. The girls say oh yeah, we see Broc often. They said we all like Broc a lot and his Dad. He had an account there. Sounded like a good guy.
1/5/2021 5:07pm
Every year when I read this one its always a sad eye opener, there's names you've heard of & names you haven't often in tragic circumstance's, we have all got one thing in common the love of Motocross.
I find myself saluting them as I read this each year - RIP
Alex.434
1/5/2021 10:09pm
Ah damn. RIP Pulley. Sad That was/is heartbreaking

Also RIP Tiny. I got to work closely with him on a video project and he was awesome. He even filmed (on my phone) a personal message to a very good friend of mine, and fellow Friday-addict, who had just lost his father. He started all tough in the Deebo persona then switched over to Tiny and gave my bud a heartfelt message. We then hung a bit a X and SX when he was at those. What a legend.

Post a reply to: The Lives They Lived 2020

The Latest