The Lives They Lived: 2018

DC
Our annual requiem for some of the friends and fellow riders and race enthusiasts we lost along the way... (And a special guest appearance by Newman)

https://racerxonline.com/2018/12/31/the-lives-they-lived

DC
Racer X

|
BR8ES
12/31/2018 3:45pm
I hate these types of stories/threads....sad. Glad to know they have not been forgotten. RIP all.
12/31/2018 7:36pm
DC put my offer to help a pro privateer (or two) in Racer X under the "Racerhead" section. So far I've had no firm takers. That's ok. June 22 is a long way off, and if it doesn't work out for any of the privateers, that's ok too.

The Shop

JOHN CHOATE
1/1/2019 8:27am
I didn’t think my first day of 2019 would start with any tears but it did.
Davey, you touched a chord so deep in me that words can’t begin to describe. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for including Justin in your “The Lives They Lived” feature on RacerX’s website. RIDE ON!!!
DC
1/1/2019 9:09am
John, here's to a happy new year and seeing you at the ranch again, this time on the starting line....

And Harry, my bad, I meant to say Newman -- I mixed up your message about privateers and his about a lost friend and just had a mental flare neutral. Carry on and see you at WWR.

DC
Racer X
Snoqualmie
1/1/2019 9:16am
Albeit a sad read, it is always a great read as it touches Moto history in so many ways. Thank you for being a major steward of Moto history.

Rex Backman
TeamGreen
1/1/2019 10:20am
DC put my offer to help a pro privateer (or two) in Racer X under the "Racerhead" section. So far I've had no firm takers. That's...
DC put my offer to help a pro privateer (or two) in Racer X under the "Racerhead" section. So far I've had no firm takers. That's ok. June 22 is a long way off, and if it doesn't work out for any of the privateers, that's ok too.
They're probably holding out for "What's on Harry's Bar-B-Q Menu?" section of the offer. Some of'em might be afraid to try Gator or Armadillo.
1/1/2019 11:55am
DC put my offer to help a pro privateer (or two) in Racer X under the "Racerhead" section. So far I've had no firm takers. That's...
TeamGreen wrote:
They're probably holding out for "What's on Harry's Bar-B-Q Menu?" section of the offer. Some of'em might be afraid to try Gator or Armadillo.
Hahahaha! Then they're missing out. Lately I've been cold-smoking the gator tail with black jack oak, then battering and frying. Hmmmmm-hmmmm!
newmann
1/2/2019 11:20am
Always a sad but great read there DC. Thanks again for including my friend, I'm betting you and he have met once or twice over the years.

And to John, my condolences on the loss of your son. RIP Justin.
1/2/2019 3:49pm
Well done tributes. At age 54 I had my second heart attack last month. Luckily for me it was minor and fixed with a stent. Nothing but best thoughts to the family and friends of those in the article. And for all others take care of yourselves, have a healthy and safe 2019 and be sure to find time to see your doctors, not just the ones you see after moto injuries.
JOHN CHOATE
1/2/2019 5:23pm
newmann wrote:
Always a sad but great read there DC. Thanks again for including my friend, I'm betting you and he have met once or twice over the...
Always a sad but great read there DC. Thanks again for including my friend, I'm betting you and he have met once or twice over the years.

And to John, my condolences on the loss of your son. RIP Justin.
Thanks Newman. It’s greatly appreciated.

Post a reply to: The Lives They Lived: 2018

The Latest