The Lives They Lived 2017

Related:
Create New Tag

12/31/2017 1:27 PM

We posted our annual requiem for some of the friends and fellow riders we lost along the way this past year.

http://racerxonline.com/2017/12/31/the-lives-they-lived

Have a Safe and Happy New Year, Vital MXers.

DC
Racer X

|

12/31/2017 1:33 PM

Thanks DC. We've lost a lot of good ones. I especially like reading about the guys that I wasn't aware of.

|

12/31/2017 1:38 PM

RIP to all mentioned

Grew up watching Mark Hucklebridge, he was a year younger than me. Great rider.

Steven Lenior rode in the British Championship so he was an adopted Brit. Again, an awesome rider.

Both taken far too young.

|

12/31/2017 1:55 PM

Man , Davey.....thank you guys for writing this up. I haven't been able to read the whole thing so far , but what I have read so far is truly cool. The thing with Don and the 4 stroke nationals really kind of hits home. It's a very sad story as well , and it's a tough pill to swallow. Thank you and your magazine for writing this.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/31/2017 2:16 PM

Thank you for that. It's extremely thoughtful and appreciated by many.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

12/31/2017 4:38 PM

Always a moving read.. thank you DC for remembering those that made our sport what it was and is.

|

12/31/2017 4:46 PM

Great piece and a nice time to reflect on the year, Mark Hucklebridge was a big loss to the UK mx scene, never knew him but got a few tows off him in qualifying, the fact he done so much for charity with his remaining time is a true testament to his character.

|

12/31/2017 5:26 PM

Thanks for mentioning my Dad Davey. Very touching.

|

12/31/2017 8:25 PM

Very nice article DC! I have to wonder why you didn’t include Nicky though?

|

1/1/2018 8:20 AM

Spooner, I've had a few people mention Nicky. We did an entire magazine feature on his passing, with quotes from Valentino Rossi, Jeremy, Chad, Ray Blank and more. It was far more than we had done for any other person we lost this past year. We couldn't include everyone, and felt that Nicky's passing had already been addressed at length in the actual magazine, sadly. I meant no disrespect to my old friend the Kentucky Kid from the OWB.

Thanks for reading this column, and here's to a better new year.

DC
Racer X

|

1/1/2018 8:53 AM

DC,

What an amazing tribute to both the heroes and Joe's of our sport that all had the common love of motorcycles and community. A fantastic and at times emotional read as it touches everyone involved in this sport in some way.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

1/1/2018 6:14 PM

no, this can't fall off the main page. What a SUPER cool article. I so appreciate the time that it must have taken to put this together.

Life is short, people. LIVE IT.

|