The King has spoken

jmar
12/12/2010 7:41pm
Blake wrote:
Matthes MC Podcast.

Awesome. I was LMAO on the Pourcel part. Good stuff.

If you want to give MC free reign to say and do what ever he pleases, with your unconditional approval, that's fine.

I prefer to have a mind of my own, and think for myself. He's starting to act like an old guy that's starved for attention, and is afraid that someone is going to forget about him.
12/12/2010 9:15pm
Blake wrote:
Matthes MC Podcast.

jmar wrote:
If you want to give MC free reign to say and do what ever he pleases, with your unconditional approval, that's fine. I prefer to have...
If you want to give MC free reign to say and do what ever he pleases, with your unconditional approval, that's fine.

I prefer to have a mind of my own, and think for myself. He's starting to act like an old guy that's starved for attention, and is afraid that someone is going to forget about him.
Approaching 40 and a decade removed......still could be top 15-8 so it's tough to talk junk on him but.....

But I agree. Jeremy has egg on his face in this one.

While I enjoy his "straight shooter " talk......Mathes tends to like to set up the innuendo and glam journalism.

Take a young kid under your wing instead of being "done with him" 5 minutes after meeting him.

Pourcel has fans that don't know who the King is. And they don't care.

And the King is doing the Pulp MX show.........when he used to do Letterman?
Matthes
12/12/2010 9:27pm
If you didn't listen to the show, you have zero grasp on what was said. You cannot listen to the tone, the reflection and the little things in his voice to let you know how he feels and what his point is.

Just the opinion of this "glam" journalist...Unsure
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
12/12/2010 9:44pm
Excellent podcast, I enjoyed MC's honest opinions.

The Shop

Billy Jack
12/12/2010 9:56pm
Blake wrote:
Matthes MC Podcast.

jmar wrote:
If you want to give MC free reign to say and do what ever he pleases, with your unconditional approval, that's fine. I prefer to have...

If you actually thought for yourself I'd be surprised. I have read your posts and they sound uneducated. But your comments about what Jeremy acts like are ignorant. You should publicly apologize to Jeremy for your rude comments.
IceMan446
12/12/2010 11:38pm
Blake wrote:
Matthes MC Podcast.

jmar wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:
If you actually thought for yourself I'd be surprised. I have read your posts and they sound uneducated. But your comments about what Jeremy acts like...
If you actually thought for yourself I'd be surprised. I have read your posts and they sound uneducated. But your comments about what Jeremy acts like are ignorant. You should publicly apologize to Jeremy for your rude comments.
JMAR...you can't be serious can you. How can you not mention MC when the best of the best are brought up regarding sx? Until some one destroys his records I doubt anyone will forget who the king is. Even you and I sure as hell think MC has the right to talk on this matter. If I can remember right wasn't CP in talks with honda? And isn't Honda MC's current employer? So I think he might have some insight and knowledge of the situation.

jmar
12/13/2010 6:21am
Blake wrote:
Matthes MC Podcast.

jmar wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:
If you actually thought for yourself I'd be surprised. I have read your posts and they sound uneducated. But your comments about what Jeremy acts like...
Let's see here, I disagree with what MC said about CP, along with what he also said about Reed, and you give him your unconditional approval, no matter what he says, because he's the king.

And I am the one that doesn't think for myself?

Do you by chance drive an older model Monte Carlo with a big # 3 plastered on the back window?
jmar
12/13/2010 6:37am
jmar wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
JMAR...you can't be serious can you. How can you not mention MC when the best of the best are brought up regarding sx? Until some one...
JMAR...you can't be serious can you. How can you not mention MC when the best of the best are brought up regarding sx? Until some one destroys his records I doubt anyone will forget who the king is. Even you and I sure as hell think MC has the right to talk on this matter. If I can remember right wasn't CP in talks with honda? And isn't Honda MC's current employer? So I think he might have some insight and knowledge of the situation.

This is what I honestly don't understand. No where did I speak of MCs abilities or accomplishments. What I did comment on is his unnecessary and disrespectful remarks about CP and Reed. Jeremy was a turning point in the sport of Supercross, and his abilities, and techniques have helped move the sport forward, and make the sport into what it is today.

With that said, if he wants to talk about other riders with some type of chip on his shoulder then he should be ready the accept the fall out that comes along with it.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
12/13/2010 7:24am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2010 7:27am
jmar wrote:
This is what I honestly don't understand. No where did I speak of MCs abilities or accomplishments. What I did comment on is his unnecessary and...
This is what I honestly don't understand. No where did I speak of MCs abilities or accomplishments. What I did comment on is his unnecessary and disrespectful remarks about CP and Reed. Jeremy was a turning point in the sport of Supercross, and his abilities, and techniques have helped move the sport forward, and make the sport into what it is today.

With that said, if he wants to talk about other riders with some type of chip on his shoulder then he should be ready the accept the fall out that comes along with it.
He was asked about something and he answered the question with his honest opinions.
He is just being a real person (being himself),chip on his shoulder or not.
This is what the fans want to read,see or hear.
Would of you rather had him lie or said nothing at all?
I think 90% of his fans respect his opinion and what he said regarding CP & Reed and I'm certain that 90% of the industry does also.
With that said,I don't see much of a "fall".

When Jeremy talks ,people listen. Smile LOL

Do you think American Honda has kept him around just as a novelty?
I highly doubt that,the dude knows his shit and hasn't been forgotten
in anyway,shape or form. Wink
APLMAN99
12/13/2010 7:41am
moto48 wrote:
ya and since my buddy had cancer i can understand his entire struggle. not really. to further elaborate my point, take a listen to buttons podcast...
ya and since my buddy had cancer i can understand his entire struggle. not really.

to further elaborate my point, take a listen to buttons podcast and then get back to me homeboy.

i miss the 90s, before every idiot like you got online.
So you are missing the days when you were the only idiot around?

Gotcha!

jmar
12/13/2010 7:53am
jmar wrote:
This is what I honestly don't understand. No where did I speak of MCs abilities or accomplishments. What I did comment on is his unnecessary and...

FastEddy wrote:
He was asked about something and he answered the question with his honest opinions. He is just being a real person (being himself),chip on his shoulder...
He was asked about something and he answered the question with his honest opinions.
I think 90% of his fans respect his opinion and what he said regarding CP & Reed and I'm certain that 90% of the industry does also.

90% fans, yes they will agree with what ever he says. Industry, not even close.

I would say that part of Jeremy’s problem with Pourcel and Reed is the fact that neither was agreeable to the terms that Honda offered them, so they decided to move on, and Jeremy is an employee of Honda and he is towing the company line. So let’s look at this in a logical manner. Pourcel and Reed are not only riders, but they are also business men that are looking out for their best interest. Jeremy did the very same thing at the end of his career, and ended up signing a deal with KTM, which at the time, was seen by everyone with in the industry as a move for nothing more than the money. Now years later, Jeremy (who is towing the company line) is talking shit about CP and CR because they made a business decision to not sign with the company that sends Jeremy a check every month.

If some feel that this is “Telling it like it is” then I am fine with that, just as some of you should be fine when someone else disagrees with it.
mjskier
12/13/2010 8:15am

Maybe, but you've got to admit that he sucks at recruiting. When was the last time Honda had a realistic shot at a title? Good thing this isn't the NFL or he would have been shown the door a long time ago.
And before somebody gets their panties in a wad, I'm joking. MC isn't the team manager so I doubt he has power over rider selection.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
12/13/2010 8:27am
jmar wrote:

FastEddy wrote:
He was asked about something and he answered the question with his honest opinions. He is just being a real person (being himself),chip on his shoulder...

jmar wrote:
90% fans, yes they will agree with what ever he says. Industry, not even close. I would say that part of Jeremy’s problem with Pourcel and...

I would say that part of Jeremy’s problem with Pourcel and Reed is the fact that neither was agreeable to the terms that Honda offered them, so they decided to move on, and Jeremy is an employee of Honda and he is towing the company line. So let’s look at this in a logical manner. Pourcel and Reed are not only riders, but they are also business men that are looking out for their best interest. Jeremy did the very same thing at the end of his career, and ended up signing a deal with KTM, which at the time, was seen by everyone with in the industry as a move for nothing more than the money. Now years later, Jeremy (who is towing the company line) is talking shit about CP and CR because they made a business decision to not sign with the company that sends Jeremy a check every month.

If some feel that this is “Telling it like it is” then I am fine with that, just as some of you should be fine when someone else disagrees with it.
Well yeah, I'm sure his opinions are a bit biased.
And we all know it boils down to money,which there isn't a whole lot of right now being handed out in this sport.
But they are still his opinions from the inside of things (there could even be more to it).
It is also possible that MC truly believes that what Honda offered them,they would have been better off taking ,then where they sit now. Wink
(Like you even said,Jeremy did his own thing with KTM and I'm sure he learned a lesson from it.)
CP may or may not have a ride & Reed has a full plate and a non-factory bike, and who knows how it will work out for the both of them in 2011.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
12/13/2010 8:36am
mjskier wrote:
[b]Do you think American Honda has kept him around just as a novelty? I highly doubt that,the dude knows his shit and hasn't been forgotten in...

Maybe, but you've got to admit that he sucks at recruiting. When was the last time Honda had a realistic shot at a title? Good thing this isn't the NFL or he would have been shown the door a long time ago.
And before somebody gets their panties in a wad, I'm joking. MC isn't the team manager so I doubt he has power over rider selection.
I would ASSUME Jeremy is more of an adviser to American Honda ,then anything.

And yes it has been 7 seasons since a Honda has won a big bike championship in SX.
2 seasons since a Lites East title and 8 seasons since a Lites West title.

As far as the outdoors go..6 seasons since a Big Bike Outdoor title.
And a Honda won the Lites title outdoor this year, and before that it was about 13 years since Lamson had won that 125 outdoor title on a Honda (1996).

CamP
12/13/2010 8:50am
jmar wrote:
90% fans, yes they will agree with what ever he says. Industry, not even close. I would say that part of Jeremy’s problem with Pourcel and...

Bingo!
Billy Jack
12/13/2010 8:52am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2010 8:54am
jmar wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:
jmar wrote:
Let's see here, I disagree with what MC said about CP, along with what he also said about Reed, and you give him your unconditional approval...
Let's see here, I disagree with what MC said about CP, along with what he also said about Reed, and you give him your unconditional approval, no matter what he says, because he's the king.

Do you by chance drive an older model Monte Carlo with a big # 3 plastered on the back window?
You did much more than disagree with Jeremy. You implied that those who agree with him don't think for themselves (not true), you said that Jeremy acts like, "...an old guy that's starved for attention, and is afraid that someone is going to forget about him." (not true). And you are now saying that Jeremy is basing his opinions about Reed and Pourcel on the fact that neither rider went to Honda (not true). You don't know Jeremy so stop implying things about his motives, you sound ignorant and uneducated when you do that.

Apparently, to you, "thinking for yourself" equates to saying things that are unproved, have been flat-out contradicted by those who know Jeremy, and by taking pot shots at his character and those who agree with him.

You're nothing but poop in my book.
GBO91
12/13/2010 8:54am

IMO, Anyone that has a problem with what MC said is reading way too much into it. He met CP, said CP was a jack-ass...... and that is about it. Its no big deal. He is just saying what he thinks when asked. It really has nothing to do with race wins except for that is the only reason we are listening to what he says in the first place.

IMO - he didn't really have an agenda, he just simply said what he thought. He didn't talk shit about CP or 22, he gave his opinion, a respected and educated one, on their status when asked. That is exactly how the podcast comes across. Would he say the same thing about CP if he had signed with Honda? I think he would have a different opinion of CP because he would have gotten to know and understand him better. MC even said as much.
Racer111
12/13/2010 8:56am
jmar wrote:

Exactly WHAT chip does he have on his shoulder? You have failed to come up with ANY valid point about that.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
12/13/2010 8:59am
Billy Jack wrote:
jmar wrote:
Let's see here, I disagree with what MC said about CP, along with what he also said about Reed, and you give him your unconditional approval...

Billy Jack wrote:
You did much more than disagree with Jeremy. You implied that those who agree with him don't think for themselves (not true), you said that Jeremy...
You did much more than disagree with Jeremy. You implied that those who agree with him don't think for themselves (not true), you said that Jeremy acts like, "...an old guy that's starved for attention, and is afraid that someone is going to forget about him." (not true). And you are now saying that Jeremy is basing his opinions about Reed and Pourcel on the fact that neither rider went to Honda (not true). You don't know Jeremy so stop implying things about his motives, you sound ignorant and uneducated when you do that.

Apparently, to you, "thinking for yourself" equates to saying things that are unproved, have been flat-out contradicted by those who know Jeremy, and by taking pot shots at his character and those who agree with him.

JMar only implied that those who agree with him dont think for themselves for the people that said idiotic things like, "the king said it, end of story"
Billy Jack
12/13/2010 9:06am
JMar only implied that those who agree with him dont think for themselves for the people that said idiotic things like, "the king said it, end...
JMar only implied that those who agree with him dont think for themselves for the people that said idiotic things like, "the king said it, end of story"
Did you read what he said about McGrath? Jmar is an idiot.
12/13/2010 9:06am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2010 9:07am
I think matthes meant "inflection" ?
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
12/13/2010 9:08am
JMar only implied that those who agree with him dont think for themselves for the people that said idiotic things like, "the king said it, end...
Billy Jack wrote:
you sure do have your panties in a wad about a rider you dont personally know
CamP
12/13/2010 9:10am
Billy Jack wrote:
Coming from you, that's rich.
phlewy
12/13/2010 9:19am
Awesome interview with MC. His comments about how bad the 09 450 was (out of the box), got me researching the reviews for the 09. Very telling at how "in the tank" all the bike mags are to the manufacturer. TWMX should just change the name of the mag to INDUSTRY WHORE TALK.

If MC was right about the 09 450, MXA was the only review I could find that even remotely tried to expose the bikes short commings.

Love MC's attitude and philosophy about not burning bridges on your way to the top. Guys like CP and Reed could learn alot. Reeds done? Will anyone be surprised when it turns out to be true?

Unbelievable swipe at Davy Mudpunk. What are JGR thinking? They need a Dungey to build around.

Spot on about JS.
jamma10
12/13/2010 9:22am
Hands up who sees a mountain in this pic...?
12/13/2010 9:25am
Whats really really funny is that MC has just as much clout (albeit perhaps not intelligence) as Bob Hannah, but I dont hear anyone whining about Hannah's take on the downfalls of modern motocross.
moto48
12/13/2010 9:26am
Billy Jack wrote:
the only reason this chump is agreeing with MC's comments is because he doesnt like CP.
once again, if youd listen to Button's comments itd prove you wrong.

this guy is the biggest tool here and his responses should be ignored.

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
12/13/2010 9:27am
Whats really really funny is that MC has just as much clout (albeit perhaps not intelligence) as Bob Hannah, but I dont hear anyone whining about...
Whats really really funny is that MC has just as much clout (albeit perhaps not intelligence) as Bob Hannah, but I dont hear anyone whining about Hannah's take on the downfalls of modern motocross.
this sports hard-on for Hannahis unreal
jmar
12/13/2010 9:28am
Billy Jack wrote:
jmar wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:
You did much more than disagree with Jeremy. You implied that those who agree with him don't think for themselves (not true), you said that Jeremy...

Wow,

That really put me in my place. Is there any possible way that I can repair the damage I have done, or are the atrocities that I have commented just too severe.

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
12/13/2010 9:29am
jmar wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:

jmar wrote:
Wow, That really put me in my place. Is there any possible way that I can repair the damage I have done, or are the atrocities...
Wow,

That really put me in my place. Is there any possible way that I can repair the damage I have done, or are the atrocities that I have commented just too severe.

you should probably just ask the mods to delete your account. there is no coming back from what you have done

Post a reply to: The King has spoken

The Latest