The Infamous "scrub"

mellonhs
Edited Date/Time 3/5/2012 6:39pm
Ok 1st lets get this straight... I have never scrubbed before and i do not think i can do it better than anyone on this earth...

With that said... Now ive seen a trillion guys scrub. Stewart said in one video (cant remember which vid) the point in scrubbing is so you can hit the jump at a faster speed, stay lower and land sooner. JS7 and TC41 are the best at doing it the correct way.

Now is it me or is everyone trying to scrub just for looks? They seem to set themselves up for the scrub and actually slow down before the face of the jump and do like a half type scrub. Instead of hitting the jump balls to the wall and dragging a footpeg, riders (other than a handful) slow up throw a butt whip and really not gain anything from it.

If you look at vids of JS7 and TC41 passing people with a scrub they leave the face of the jump first (because they carried more speed into it) and land first (because they stayed lower and was moving faster through the air) and then look at other vids of guys side by side and one "scrubs" and the other one hits it straight up... the guy that "scrubs" leaves the face of the jump last because of slowing and setting himself up for the "scrub" and doesnt gain a thing...

I dont know from experience, just from watching over the years... Id like to see it done like JS7 and TC41 more often....
|
mellonhs
9/15/2011 5:41pm
seatbouncing is better.
both are effective in different situations.... im not an idiot ive rode before.
ocscottie
9/15/2011 5:44pm
Remember the real classic original scrub Bubba did at Budds Creek way back on his 125? That short clip got over well 100,000 d'loads from my website in 2 days (that was way before youtube) and cost me something like $150 (or more) in charges for going over my bandwidth limit for the month. Soon after they booted me all together lol

You can still find that same clip on 20+ different users on youtube. Back then it was pretty much just me and Bobbym doing vids, the good ole days!

The Shop

mellonhs
9/15/2011 5:50pm
ocscottie wrote:
Remember the real classic original scrub Bubba did at Budds Creek way back on his 125? That short clip got over well 100,000 d'loads from my...
Remember the real classic original scrub Bubba did at Budds Creek way back on his 125? That short clip got over well 100,000 d'loads from my website in 2 days (that was way before youtube) and cost me something like $150 (or more) in charges for going over my bandwidth limit for the month. Soon after they booted me all together lol

You can still find that same clip on 20+ different users on youtube. Back then it was pretty much just me and Bobbym doing vids, the good ole days!
Yes sir, i remember that Smile everyone caught on quick and was trying it
mellonhs
9/15/2011 5:53pm
mellonhs wrote:
[img]https://newsinfilm.com/images//2009/01/mall-cop-still.jpg[/img]
haha you must hate your life.
Premixed
9/15/2011 6:13pm
yea, what you are talking about is what i call a half-scrub. it's is this little homosexual twitch that every 17 year old kid on a clapped out 250F has developed where they feel the need to lean the bike about 18 degrees to the left or the right, and kink their leg up a bit, even though its no where near the ground in an effort to look cool.

riding a boring Fooper has given the younger crowd the false confidence and time for these little quirks, where as 15 years ago, you were too busy with your clutch finger and trying to keep your ass from flying off the back of the seat. byaaaaaap
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
9/15/2011 6:21pm
James not only created the scrub as it is known today, but he also changed the way people ride - literally changed the entire sport of motocross with his style - and everybody wants to be able to scrub like Bubba, they just aren't good enough. That is where the half-scrub somes in.
9/15/2011 6:21pm
mellonhs wrote:
[img]https://newsinfilm.com/images//2009/01/mall-cop-still.jpg[/img]
mellonhs wrote:
haha you must hate your life.
sorry, i heard you were a mall cop. thats all. no need to get all mad, bro.
9/15/2011 6:22pm
this thread is incomplete with out the ddavis scrub pic. peelout, some help here.
Hank_Thrill
9/15/2011 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2011 6:30pm
Another thing to note is how inefficient most people at the amateur level do the scrub.

The time that you are saving by staying low is completely determined by how far the bike is laid over upon take off! Riding off the launch practically straight up and down, then whipping it with "scrub fashion" is good for nothing but impressing spectators who are dazzled by the scrub.
smc916
9/15/2011 6:29pm
this thread is incomplete with out the ddavis scrub pic. peelout, some help here.
Same thing I was thinking!Laughing
mellonhs
9/15/2011 6:48pm
Premixed wrote:
yea, what you are talking about is what i call a half-scrub. it's is this little homosexual twitch that every 17 year old kid on a...
yea, what you are talking about is what i call a half-scrub. it's is this little homosexual twitch that every 17 year old kid on a clapped out 250F has developed where they feel the need to lean the bike about 18 degrees to the left or the right, and kink their leg up a bit, even though its no where near the ground in an effort to look cool.

riding a boring Fooper has given the younger crowd the false confidence and time for these little quirks, where as 15 years ago, you were too busy with your clutch finger and trying to keep your ass from flying off the back of the seat. byaaaaaap
yeh man they need to watch themselves and then watch it done correct... and they have to accept the fact that they will never be as good as james. I mean come on he created it....
mellonhs
9/15/2011 6:49pm
where are the pics of you "scrubbing"???
Ddavis
9/15/2011 7:02pm
Lets get this out of the way.

Okay, so Stephen, where's your pics? I'd like to compare.

EvanR127
9/15/2011 7:03pm
OP they have to start somewhere.......... you don't just go do a bubba scrub the first time. Its called practicing.
mellonhs
9/15/2011 7:04pm
as you see DDavis ainst scared... wheres your pics? Dont talk shit or try to bash on someone when you cant even do it.

Atleast you ride and try Devin!
cmess77
9/15/2011 7:05pm
Personally I am just interesting in hearing DDavis's secrets to beating Ricky.
Ddavis
9/15/2011 7:05pm
mellonhs wrote:
as you see DDavis ainst scared... wheres your pics? Dont talk shit or try to bash on someone when you cant even do it. Atleast you...
as you see DDavis ainst scared... wheres your pics? Dont talk shit or try to bash on someone when you cant even do it.

I try, but it doesn't always come out pretty TongueWink
Ddavis
9/15/2011 7:06pm
cmess77 wrote:
Personally I am just interesting in hearing DDavis's secrets to beating Ricky.
Before anyone bashes on that little "cover". It was at the RacerX Ride Day at Castillo Ranch and they did those "Covers" for everyone. You couldn't get them without it.
mellonhs
9/15/2011 7:09pm
mellonhs wrote:
as you see DDavis ainst scared... wheres your pics? Dont talk shit or try to bash on someone when you cant even do it. Atleast you...

Ddavis wrote:
I try, but it doesn't always come out pretty TongueWink
hahaha Yeh but atleast you dont just sit here and try to make fun of one person when you cant even ride a bike because it has a clutch... ha

SBARRINGTON314 we are calling you out. unless you can post pics of you (and it can be confirmed its actually you) dont say shit about devin. Trying to make fun of someone and make them look bad... how old are you?
9/15/2011 7:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2011 8:00pm
geeze gimme a second. i was busy and not on vital for a few.
and for the record, im not making fun of ddavis. just making fun with ddavis and company. its a widely known pic of vital.
9/15/2011 7:59pm
i dont really have many scub pics, because 1. i only raced like once a year and thats when people are out taking pics. 2. i dont try and scrub every single jump like most people. but heres one of my best scrubs. terrible pic. i think it was a cell phone pic or something.
im also not the one that flaunts my talents like im the next big thing.

idk how to confirm it, but if you care anymore than i do, you can check my facebook or something. facebook.com/barrington314
heres a video if that helps. not of me scrubbing but to help confirm that i ride. idk? well, i dont ride now, because, ha well most know my story. i will again soon tho.
https://youtu.be/VMo1EJXmvdM
Ddavis
9/15/2011 8:04pm
Thanks, just wanted to see if you actually ride which you proved you do. Nothing else needs to be said.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
9/15/2011 8:12pm
Who the fuck on the whole forum doesn't ride, or used to ride or is involved in racing is some way? For real, why would they come around if they didn't, used to or are?
mellonhs
9/15/2011 8:18pm
well we see you can ride... but as far as scrubbing... ur no better than devin from what you provided.

and my turn? like ive stated before hahaha i dont ride... bought a new left over 09 kx 250f in jan. of 2010 rode for about 5 months and couldnt afford to get hurt.... dirt bike ooorrrrrrr work to live?? i chose to work.... if i got hurt i lose everything i had cuz i couldnt work but it was the absolutely funnest thing ive ever done... never could afford it as a kid so i told myself i would get a bike once i could afford it myself...and i did and shortly after got rid of it but i still love the sport more than any other.

nice to see you actually ride and u dont look to bad. and neither does devin!

Post a reply to: The Infamous "scrub"

The Latest