The Industry Hub (Moto Mecca)

Edited Date/Time 9/11/2021 9:28am
The Industry Hub has always been Southern California
Is that still the case?
Where would you say is second if there is a second, or is it just going to be all spread out with many getting on board with the California exodus?
Are there certain cities/areas that more than one place has moved to?
|
9/8/2021 3:41am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 4:51am
At this point, the industry hub is unquestionably SoCal. There are moto businesses that were born and raised outside of California in random places throughout the country, but there is no particular area outside California that you could consider a “hub”.
I’m not aware of any well known moto related companies that have relocated outside California, but that doesn’t mean that it hasn’t happened.
dmm698
9/8/2021 5:49am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2021 5:50am
At this point, the industry hub is unquestionably SoCal. There are moto businesses that were born and raised outside of California in random places throughout the...
At this point, the industry hub is unquestionably SoCal. There are moto businesses that were born and raised outside of California in random places throughout the country, but there is no particular area outside California that you could consider a “hub”.
I’m not aware of any well known moto related companies that have relocated outside California, but that doesn’t mean that it hasn’t happened.
didnt kawasaki start this move and open up a head quarters of sorts in TX? They still have some stuff in CA but not sure what they have in the TX location, other than a cheaper cost of doing business.
LungButter
9/8/2021 5:55am
At this point, the industry hub is unquestionably SoCal. There are moto businesses that were born and raised outside of California in random places throughout the...
Yamaha
xrmark
9/8/2021 5:56am
Hub is still here in so cal. Just cause Yamaha moved doesn’t mean the whole scene moved. Moto is still strong here if not stronger since the pandemic started.

The Shop

9/8/2021 7:03am
dmm698 wrote:
didnt kawasaki start this move and open up a head quarters of sorts in TX? They still have some stuff in CA but not sure what...
didnt kawasaki start this move and open up a head quarters of sorts in TX? They still have some stuff in CA but not sure what they have in the TX location, other than a cheaper cost of doing business.
Also Yamaha and Fox shocks moved to Georgia, Star Yamaha to Florida, Lots of pro riders to Florida,
I think it would be cool if a bunch of them moved to the same place and started a new moto hub
9/8/2021 7:20am
What City in California has the most Moto related businesses? Irvine? Corona? Temecula?
LungButter
9/8/2021 8:03am
xrmark wrote:
Hub is still here in so cal. Just cause Yamaha moved doesn’t mean the whole scene moved. Moto is still strong here if not stronger since...
Hub is still here in so cal. Just cause Yamaha moved doesn’t mean the whole scene moved. Moto is still strong here if not stronger since the pandemic started.
For now.

Cali moto is going to be killed off by the water shortage faster than anything else. Can't have millions of people living in the Desert and expect there to be endless amounts of water for everyone.

Once all the tracks can no longer afford to just dump water into the dirt I expect the Cali moto scene to take a big hit.

Sorry to be doom and gloom but the writing is on the wall.
Bret
9/8/2021 8:07am
dmm698 wrote:
didnt kawasaki start this move and open up a head quarters of sorts in TX? They still have some stuff in CA but not sure what...
I live three miles from Kawasaki headquarters in California. They are still there.
TahoeVetMX
9/8/2021 8:29am
I do not think any place will be a mecca for motocross any longer. The reason I say this is even though most of the pro riders train in FL it has not helped FL motocross at all. The pro riders do not ride the local tracks there and do not contribute to them. Maybe, instead of building private training facilities these teams could partner up with local tracks and invest money into them. Make most of the weekly schedule all about private training and then allow the public to enjoy the tracks on the weekend? Then maybe FL or TX could become the mecca.
JK BRO
Fantasy
1610th
9/8/2021 8:49am
I hate being grouped with SoCal when people talk about CA. Northern CA locals don't share the same POV's as those plebs mooching out water.

I hope everyone leaves and STFO my lawn.... and take your shitty prius with you
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
9/8/2021 9:47am
JK BRO wrote:
I hate being grouped with SoCal when people talk about CA. Northern CA locals don't share the same POV's as those plebs mooching out water. I...
I hate being grouped with SoCal when people talk about CA. Northern CA locals don't share the same POV's as those plebs mooching out water.

I hope everyone leaves and STFO my lawn.... and take your shitty prius with you
Ya, nor cal is so sick bruh Grinning

9/8/2021 10:14am
dmm698 wrote:
Their Texas location is just a warehouse.
9/8/2021 10:05pm
Cal. Is still the hub but if your in so Cal you don’t see the mx industry. By traveling to different towns here, there is quite a bit of other stuff. It’s strange I rarely see a Mx bike even driving past gh. Other states I see guys going riding after work.
Zoom
9/10/2021 8:45am
dmm698 wrote:
Kawasaki has a Regional office in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
9/10/2021 8:51am
dmm698 wrote:
Zoom wrote:
If someone wanted to work in the motocross/motorcycle industry Texas be a good option?
Richy
9/10/2021 9:46am Edited Date/Time 9/10/2021 9:48am
Don't do it man... half joking.

You can have a lot of fun, and you can be successful, and you gotta follow your own path so don't let me or anyone sway you.

But one thing I will say, especially in motorsport or an industry you're passionate about, it can disrupt your love of the hobby/ sport and it is quite easy to be taken advantage of, over worked and under paid, as people know your passion for the vehicles and expect you to do more than your share, just "doing it for the love", if you will.

The flip side is if you find the right spot for you, nothing else will rival the fun you can have being a true part of it and being fully immersed in what you like most, it can be awesome.

Go for it by all means but be smarter than I and many friends and acquaintances were when I / we were younger, as almost everyone I know has left the motorsport industry over the years and usually lost it as a hobby too. My experience comes from racecars, so it is different, but similar, and I do not want to put you off but I do want to put it out as an honest cautionary tale.

Just be smart, stay sharp, and don't let yourself get hustled, it is a job like any other.
9/10/2021 10:53am
Zoom wrote:
If someone wanted to work in the motocross/motorcycle industry Texas be a good option?
That depends. There are lots of large dealerships in Texas. Even if your final goal is to work for an OEM, aftermarket company, or distributor, a solid background of dealership management work be valuable to have on your resume. What type of job are you looking for?
wisey
Fantasy
1341st
9/10/2021 9:53pm
Hub Bub and Mecca Smecca. The pro scene here in SoCal does nothing for us nobody’s other than make really nice ruts and have their pro trainers waving at us with their pit boards. The biggest reason there are so many public tracks is because of the weather and population, can’t take that away. There are a ton of people that enjoy alternative, individual sports Moto, surfing, snow boarding, skating, mountain biking, etc. We can do it all right here and there are people willing to invest in businesses to facilitate these activities. Pretty expensive, international cultural melting pot and the crappy political stuff but actually now is maybe better than let’s say...Oregon, Washington, New York, next will be Nevada then probably...

As far as water...I believe most tracks have welling rights and are not on public water service.
RMT
9/10/2021 9:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2021 9:59pm
wisey wrote:
Hub Bub and Mecca Smecca. The pro scene here in SoCal does nothing for us nobody’s other than make really nice ruts and have their pro...
Hub Bub and Mecca Smecca. The pro scene here in SoCal does nothing for us nobody’s other than make really nice ruts and have their pro trainers waving at us with their pit boards. The biggest reason there are so many public tracks is because of the weather and population, can’t take that away. There are a ton of people that enjoy alternative, individual sports Moto, surfing, snow boarding, skating, mountain biking, etc. We can do it all right here and there are people willing to invest in businesses to facilitate these activities. Pretty expensive, international cultural melting pot and the crappy political stuff but actually now is maybe better than let’s say...Oregon, Washington, New York, next will be Nevada then probably...

As far as water...I believe most tracks have welling rights and are not on public water service.
Go MVHS Diablos!!!

SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
9/10/2021 10:10pm
xrmark wrote:
Hub is still here in so cal. Just cause Yamaha moved doesn’t mean the whole scene moved. Moto is still strong here if not stronger since...
LungButter wrote:
For now. Cali moto is going to be killed off by the water shortage faster than anything else. Can't have millions of people living in the...
For now.

Cali moto is going to be killed off by the water shortage faster than anything else. Can't have millions of people living in the Desert and expect there to be endless amounts of water for everyone.

Once all the tracks can no longer afford to just dump water into the dirt I expect the Cali moto scene to take a big hit.

Not a chance, very little has to do with water. Almost all of the tracks down here are getting their water from wells.
Too many goons moving here creating a housing shortage has more to do with it. Tracks take up a lot of real estate, if it’s in the wrong place, it’s marked for death.
And btw, yeah we have a huge homeless problem, but most of these people came from other states and are now trying to collect from our idiotic nanny state.
I love how the op says that “I wish they would all move and start a new moto hub”. 😂.
That just tells me that he hates where he lives.
“Ma!, more meatloaf! “.
wisey
Fantasy
1341st
9/10/2021 10:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2021 10:19pm
RMT wrote:
Go MVHS Diablos!!!

🤔😜
wisey
Fantasy
1341st
9/10/2021 10:31pm
RMT wrote:
Go MVHS Diablos!!!

wisey wrote:
🤔😜
Haha it’s now recently changed to “go MVHS Nighthawks”
9/10/2021 10:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2021 9:28am
xrmark wrote:
LungButter wrote:
For now. Cali moto is going to be killed off by the water shortage faster than anything else. Can't have millions of people living in the...
For now.

SLAPAHO wrote:
Not a chance, very little has to do with water. Almost all of the tracks down here are getting their water from wells. Too many goons...
Not a chance, very little has to do with water. Almost all of the tracks down here are getting their water from wells.
Too many goons moving here creating a housing shortage has more to do with it. Tracks take up a lot of real estate, if it’s in the wrong place, it’s marked for death.
And btw, yeah we have a huge homeless problem, but most of these people came from other states and are now trying to collect from our idiotic nanny state.
I love how the op says that “I wish they would all move and start a new moto hub”. 😂.
“Ma!, more meatloaf! “.
You are Correct I do hate where I live, well in the winter anyway, In the summer its actually quite nice, I live in a town with a population 100k people, little to no traffic, (never a traffic jam) it has all the amenities of a bigger city, it's green has lots of rivers and Lakes, (Minnesota) it's affordable has low crime, and has awesome dirt for moto and a nice motocross track in Town, katocycleclub.com I just hate winter. As far as California, I hate the dirt, the traffic, and the cost. So I would like to see the hub move to another place Florida, Georgia, Texas, the Carolinas any of those would be good, just need to get everyone to go to the same one!
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
9/10/2021 10:53pm
LungButter wrote:
For now.

SLAPAHO wrote:
Not a chance, very little has to do with water. Almost all of the tracks down here are getting their water from wells. Too many goons...
“Ma!, more meatloaf! “.
You are Correct I do hate where I live, well in the winter anyway, In the summer its actually quite nice, I live in a town...
You are Correct I do hate where I live, well in the winter anyway, In the summer its actually quite nice, I live in a town with a population 100k people, little to no traffic, (never a traffic jam) it has all the amenities of a bigger city, it's green has lots of rivers and Lakes, (Minnesota) it's affordable has low crime, and has awesome dirt for moto and a nice motocross track in Town, katocycleclub.com I just hate winter. As far as California, I hate the dirt, the traffic, and the cost. So I would like to see the hub move to another place Florida, Georgia, Texas, the Carolinas any of those would be good, just need to get everyone to go to the same one!
I love the honesty. Do whatever it takes to make it happen if it’s what you really want. 👍.
9/10/2021 10:56pm
xrmark wrote:
LungButter wrote:
For now.

SLAPAHO wrote:
“Ma!, more meatloaf! “.
Gardena pu pics homeless everywhere I had to park in the street and walk in a few times, they don’t mess with us some r bigger than a nfl player. Compton delivery acacia ave was closed off of rt91 because the homeless started a fire and it weakend a bridge structure fire department never showed up the 4 lane st has been closed for ovr a year. No detour signs just a joy ride in Compton.

9/11/2021 8:55am
LungButter wrote:
For now.

SLAPAHO wrote:
“Ma!, more meatloaf! “.
Gardena pu pics homeless everywhere I had to park in the street and walk in a few times, they don’t mess with us some r bigger...
Gardena pu pics homeless everywhere I had to park in the street and walk in a few times, they don’t mess with us some r bigger than a nfl player. Compton delivery acacia ave was closed off of rt91 because the homeless started a fire and it weakend a bridge structure fire department never showed up the 4 lane st has been closed for ovr a year. No detour signs just a joy ride in Compton.

Lovey, So can we Agree on a State for the New Hub 😆
LungButter
9/11/2021 9:01am
SLAPAHO wrote:
“Ma!, more meatloaf! “.
Not a chance? I love the optimism but I don’t think it’s reality.

You think magically those wells are just gonna have endless water when the rest of the West is going dry at an alarming rate?

You think the powers that be in Cali are gonna be cool with dirt bikers, that they already hate, just continuing to throw water in the dirt when the entire state is on the brink of a crisis?

Water is the future boys, the writing is on the wall. I give it 10 years or less until there is a HUGE exodus from the entire SW due to lack of water to sustain the population.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
9/11/2021 12:42pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
“Ma!, more meatloaf! “.
LungButter wrote:
Not a chance? I love the optimism but I don’t think it’s reality. You think magically those wells are just gonna have endless water when the...
Not a chance? I love the optimism but I don’t think it’s reality.

You think magically those wells are just gonna have endless water when the rest of the West is going dry at an alarming rate?

You think the powers that be in Cali are gonna be cool with dirt bikers, that they already hate, just continuing to throw water in the dirt when the entire state is on the brink of a crisis?

Water is the future boys, the writing is on the wall. I give it 10 years or less until there is a HUGE exodus from the entire SW due to lack of water to sustain the population.
Ca. has had droughts going back a thousand years. I've been hearing about running out of water for more than 50 years and it's still coming out of my hose.
Hopefully there is a huge exodus, though. I bet a lot of those people will move to places like, oh idk, like Idaho.

Post a reply to: The Industry Hub (Moto Mecca)

The Latest