The Hate List

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2016 11:18 AM

Tires. Hate changing them. Would rather split a set of cases...on a four stroke!

You?

Photo

|

9/18/2016 11:20 AM

I'm with you on that one newmann!

|

2015 KTM 250sx, WP 48mm CV Forks, WP Trax Shock, Bills Pipe
2013 Chevy 2500 Duramax, 2014 Forest River XLR Nitro 28TQD bumper pull toy hauler

Instagram: @impalenthelen https://www.instagram.com/impalenthelen/
Youtube: Mitchell Thelen

9/18/2016 11:23 AM

Baja no pinch! Looks like a gimmick, but works.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

9/18/2016 11:23 AM

Filters

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

9/18/2016 11:25 AM

Yup sucks nads!!! Hate it hate it. Don't ever try it half drunk. Gets very frustrating to say the least!laughing blink

|

9/18/2016 11:32 AM

Deconstructing the pit and loading up after a race when it's 100 degrees.

|

9/18/2016 11:41 AM

newmann wrote:

Tires. Hate changing them. Would rather split a set of cases...on a four stroke!

You?

Photo

With the $$ you have, give someone $20 and a case of beer. Haha

|

9/18/2016 11:44 AM

I do them under protest.

My Dad could change tires in a few minutes with screwdrivers and no problems ever.

For him it was easy. To this day, I drop off wheels and tires and a Gift Cert to a nice place for dinner.

I usually get a text something like....."This isnt Burger King. So they all got 14." Or "If the rim isnt on the ground I remembered to put air in them"

Truth is....he puts what I like in the type of tire.. hard, sand, etc

|

9/18/2016 11:48 AM

Everything that's more advanced than washing the bike and changing oil and filters..

|

9/18/2016 11:51 AM

I actually really hate washing my bike because I'm so OCD, it's a curse. Pull seat, insert airbox cover, probably pull side panels and maybe shrouds, lay on both sides, SOS engine, lube chain, air compress dry, towel dry engine and inner panels, WD-40 pipe, wipe between spokes, SC1 then wipe, sometimes lift the tank and clean under that...such a process. Especially after getting home really late.

Tires aren't all that bad, unless they're on black rims, or it's cold. pinch

|

9/18/2016 12:12 PM

My hate list:
1. Removing and Cleaning filters on my vintage bikes. It's mandatory though, and that's why I always have 3 clean filters for each bike -- ready to go.
2. Power washing a bike in the winter time
3. Installing old Penton/KTM motors in the frame
4. Moving/pushing my Rokon around the garage -- Has CVT belt drive with lots of compression. Winter time is the worst.
5. Rebuilding forks -- get the job done, but it always turns into greasy mess by the time I'm done.

Don't mind changing tires...I look at it as a "pit" challenge, and sometimes time myself to see how fast I can remove and install a new tire and tube...

|

Earn it!

9/18/2016 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2016 12:17 PM

Agreed Joe, they suck. What really sucks is the temptation of another vintage project, but I'm weak for the old shit!

|

9/18/2016 12:16 PM

Spending a week in the mud at Ponca or Lorettas. The pits are all fucking muddy and it gets EVERYWHERE and on EVERYTHING. Then it gets hot and humid and it's just gross and muddy.

|

9/18/2016 12:23 PM

alexk417 wrote:

I actually really hate washing my bike because I'm so OCD, it's a curse. Pull seat, insert airbox cover, probably pull side panels and maybe shrouds, lay on both sides, SOS engine, lube chain, air compress dry, towel dry engine and inner panels, WD-40 pipe, wipe between spokes, SC1 then wipe, sometimes lift the tank and clean under that...such a process. Especially after getting home really late.

Tires aren't all that bad, unless they're on black rims, or it's cold. pinch

Same here.

Except I take my tank off every time and also take my radiator louvers and skid plate off each time.

Such a hassle but nothing like working on a super clean bike.

|

9/18/2016 12:32 PM

I really don't mind replacing tyres at all, or anything really on my MX bikes.

Working on modern trials bikes, that's another thing altogether. Pulling a carb out of a Scorpa SY is the biggest pain in the ass out of anything in my garage.

|

9/18/2016 12:38 PM

I don't mind changing mx tires. Just don't ask me to mount a 10 inch tire on a 50cc. I will balk on that. Otherwise, I enjoy just about every facet of motocross, except when I was a promoter.....picking up all the trash that lazy ass motocrossers throw on the ground. There are cans or ask for a trash bag.

|

9/18/2016 12:41 PM

tydog wrote:

Agreed Joe, they suck. What really sucks is the temptation of another vintage project, but I'm weak for the old shit!

...temptation of another vintage project, but I'm weak for the old shit!...x1
|

Earn it!

9/18/2016 12:42 PM

Take that pretty garage floor and instal a few hilti threads in the concrete. You would benefit greatly from a tire changing stand that don't wobble around or the wheel itself rocking on the stand.

When it comes to maintenance, I enjoy it all.

One thing I hate is driving to the track. I'm so excited the ride seems so long if its 20min or 4 hours. Also, if you are riding with me wether it be a passenger or another rider, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, don't make me wait on you.

|

9/18/2016 12:44 PM

newmann wrote:

You?

Photo

Get a Kauritmoto set-up and stop with the madness. I can change a stiff tire with a foamie in less then 5 minutes and not break a sweat. I have TMT3 and will be upgrading to a TMT4 hear real soon.

|

9/18/2016 12:57 PM

Did two tyres yesterday, a front and a rear for my Weston Beach Race build.... Hated every second of it but you can't beat the look of fresh boots once they are on.Photo

Photo

|

9/18/2016 1:09 PM

Honestly tires are the worst! I hate paying someone to do it tho! Sometimes the shops will install for free if you buy them there.

The best tires for mounting are those new Perelli MX32 pro tire. In the summer sun they literally went on like a mount bike tire. They wear a little faster than the Dunlop mx32(3S) but I'll take the easy mounting all day!

|

9/18/2016 1:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2016 1:26 PM

-getting old (alternative is worst)
- putting all my gear on (alternative is worst)
Paying insurance for about 12 kilometres of road work a year.
Hearing about life altering injuries.

I don't use one, but a heat gun is supposed to be a good friend for changing tires. I do like my stand and having an extra rear wheel set.

|

JS7 is the most entertaining rider since Hannah, my first hero,. even living in the frozen north.
Dirt biking from 11 to late 50’s, loves wood riding on the old 525.

9/18/2016 1:26 PM

newmann wrote:

You?

Photo

Katoomey wrote:

Get a Kauritmoto set-up and stop with the madness. I can change a stiff tire with a foamie in less then 5 minutes and not break a sweat. I have TMT3 and will be upgrading to a TMT4 hear real soon.

PM me if you are interested in selling the TMT3.

|

9/18/2016 1:49 PM

Ha!
i finally got something on you Newmann, i can change a tire while talking on the phone and eating a pretzel, in under three minutes, i love changing tires
the hate list
mini dads
mini bikes, not honda 50s, but those god dam whiny frigging cobras and ktms, and the dads that think they can work on shit, ya thats what i hate

|

9/18/2016 2:02 PM

lol tyre changing def. up there, lost a lot of skin in the past...other thing that I hate is when you accidentally have the chain spray lube opening pointing the wrong way....yes I know not too smart

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

9/18/2016 2:14 PM

newmann wrote:

You?

Photo

Yep I agree I'd rather clean 100 filters than change a tire

|

9/18/2016 2:15 PM

To be more specific, I hate changing rear tires. Fronts I can do in minutes, rear wheels I end up swearing for a while.

|

9/18/2016 2:21 PM

A 10 spot to the starter and the BASTARD goes on a different count .

Tires a prob bro .... do you even lift ?

|

9/18/2016 2:34 PM

pete24 wrote:

Ha!
i finally got something on you Newmann, i can change a tire while talking on the phone and eating a pretzel, in under three minutes, i love changing tires
the hate list
mini dads
mini bikes, not honda 50s, but those god dam whiny frigging cobras and ktms, and the dads that think they can work on shit, ya thats what i hate

I don't know, I talked on the phone, stopped and ate baked chicken and cake, posted on the internet and got both of them done in under three hours!

Oh, I see you said three minutes....laughing

Only squished one thumb, bloodied a pinkie and popped a blood vessel in a palm. Proof that not only am I getting faster, but better also. wink

|

9/18/2016 2:47 PM

tydog wrote:

MaicoJC1 wrote: ...temptation of another vintage project, but I'm weak for the old shit!...x1

You should hitch a ride with Tydog from Atlanta and come get some Maicos. Then both of you could have new projects.smile

|