The Gunfighter is Back

pilotdude
Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 7:45am

It is obvious to anyone who has eyes that the change to KTM for Webb, plus the change to Aldon Baker’s training program has had a profound impact on him. KTM is without a doubt one of the-if not THE-top racing teams in the world. Aldon Baker‘s training program is without a doubt the top MX training program in the world. Both of these factors have contributed to bringing out the rider we saw in the 250s to the 450 class.

Cooper said something on the podium last night that I thought was very interesting. He said, “I can’t believe it”, with regards to winning races back to back. I think in very short order he’s going to start believing it, and then start KNOWING that’s EXACTLY where he should be-fighting for wins every week the way he used to. Then watch out.

I would say that’s what all the top-tier riders have in common – the mental strength of knowing that they should be a top-tier guy fighting for wins with the other top-tier guys. Sometimes it can make them come off as arrogant, and that can be offputting to some. But honestly you have to have a touch of arrogance to do the things these guys do on those machines out there, especially at the very top level.

It looks to me like the old Cooper everyone was waiting for has arrived. The gunfighter we all saw before appears to be back now. It’s about time.
|
JN137
Fantasy
486th
2/16/2019 8:48pm
In my entire life of being a fan of moto, Webb is the only rider I have ever actually disliked.

I've told people they're nuts for thinking Webb would ever be a 450 title contender, and I never understood the people who were "just waiting" for him to start winning. Well, apparently I was wrong. And it sucks Laughing
bf884
2/16/2019 8:55pm
JN137 wrote:
In my entire life of being a fan of moto, Webb is the only rider I have ever actually disliked. I've told people they're nuts for...
In my entire life of being a fan of moto, Webb is the only rider I have ever actually disliked.

I've told people they're nuts for thinking Webb would ever be a 450 title contender, and I never understood the people who were "just waiting" for him to start winning. Well, apparently I was wrong. And it sucks Laughing
You have to admit, he brings some personality to the sport. On the plus side, his podium interviews aren’t filled with sponsor vomit.

The Shop

pkiczuk
2/16/2019 9:22pm
JN137 wrote:
In my entire life of being a fan of moto, Webb is the only rider I have ever actually disliked. I've told people they're nuts for...

I fucking hate him, truth be told I thought his A2 wins were a fluke...damn it I was also wrong lol. I’m a huge Kenny fan so I was absolutely heart broken. I was cheering because I thought for sure Webb fucked himself over until I looked at timing and saw Webb at the top. I may not like the dude, but i respect the hell out of his riding this season
2/16/2019 9:31pm
JN137 wrote:

Same

It's been like finding out all the people who think the earth is flat or believe in chemtrails were RIGHT after all Pinch
MattyVicious
Fantasy
398th
2/16/2019 9:43pm
pilotdude wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/27/321000/s1200_82D4D18A_236B_4A6A_9F3B_B25F4E3B1CC4.jpg[/img] It is obvious to anyone who has eyes that the change to KTM for Webb, plus the change to Aldon Baker’s training program has had...

It is obvious to anyone who has eyes that the change to KTM for Webb, plus the change to Aldon Baker’s training program has had a profound impact on him. KTM is without a doubt one of the-if not THE-top racing teams in the world. Aldon Baker‘s training program is without a doubt the top MX training program in the world. Both of these factors have contributed to bringing out the rider we saw in the 250s to the 450 class.

Cooper said something on the podium last night that I thought was very interesting. He said, “I can’t believe it”, with regards to winning races back to back. I think in very short order he’s going to start believing it, and then start KNOWING that’s EXACTLY where he should be-fighting for wins every week the way he used to. Then watch out.

I would say that’s what all the top-tier riders have in common – the mental strength of knowing that they should be a top-tier guy fighting for wins with the other top-tier guys. Sometimes it can make them come off as arrogant, and that can be offputting to some. But honestly you have to have a touch of arrogance to do the things these guys do on those machines out there, especially at the very top level.

It looks to me like the old Cooper everyone was waiting for has arrived. The gunfighter we all saw before appears to be back now. It’s about time.
*Aldon. Not alton
77Moto
2/16/2019 9:49pm
pilotdude wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/27/321000/s1200_82D4D18A_236B_4A6A_9F3B_B25F4E3B1CC4.jpg[/img] It is obvious to anyone who has eyes that the change to KTM for Webb, plus the change to Aldon Baker’s training program has had...

Who was his trainer when he won both an outdoor and Lites SX Championship?

Crush
2/16/2019 9:52pm
77Moto wrote:

Swanny
77Moto
2/16/2019 10:06pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 10:09pm
77Moto wrote:

Crush wrote:
Swanny
I knew that, was just making a point to people who all of a sudden think Aldon has done something special, when in reality, Decoster should get credit for hiring him.

pilotdude
2/16/2019 10:09pm
Aldon helped him get back into the right mindset and lose weight. KTM put him on a bike he apparently really likes. Seems pretty straightforward.
logan_140
2/16/2019 10:14pm
The one thing that cooper has that sets him apart from 90% of the field is he is he thrives under pressure.. he’s clutch as hell.
cpyz300
2/16/2019 10:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 11:48pm
JN137 wrote:

What is to not like about Webb? If we're talking about rider's personalities, there's so many other riders I'd put in front of Webb in the unpopularity contest.

I find myself having to look past like 90% of the rider's personalities and just respect their game and enjoy the races. Webb is actually one of the few I haven't heard anything that made me think bad of him yet.
jeffro503
2/16/2019 11:02pm
pilotdude wrote:
Aldon helped him get back into the right mindset and lose weight. KTM put him on a bike he apparently really likes. Seems pretty straightforward.
I'm with you Pilot , and glad to see you back here man! Been a while.
Wiff3
2/17/2019 5:44am
That was definitely a quality ride. So many times I thought he was going to over ride the track trying to catch Ken and throw it away, but he really kept his cool and pulled it out. Hard not to be impressed.
pilotdude
2/17/2019 7:44am
pilotdude wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm with you Pilot , and glad to see you back here man! Been a while.
Thanks man!

Post a reply to: The Gunfighter is Back

The Latest