"The Government Filled a SoCal Skate Park with Sand, So the Skaters Turned it Into a Dirt Bike Track"

Silas444
4/22/2020 11:24am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 11:43am
CM_84 wrote:
We can argue about wether the 10x mortality rate of the flu until we are blue in the face, and yes it’s an extremely difficult number...
We can argue about wether the 10x mortality rate of the flu until we are blue in the face, and yes it’s an extremely difficult number to calculate. The “experts” that we have spoken about have said that from day one.
And I get it vital doesn’t trust them, but they are a damn site more educated on the topic than anyone here.

So let’s assume that it’s not 10x more deadly than the flu, why are morgues in NY overflowing? And this is despite the biggest shut down in history. What would be happening if people weren’t ‘social distancing’
Given the current measures, if the hypothesis on this site is correct, the morgues should be getting fewer ‘customers’ than ever

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I am sorry I don’t see how anyone can argue against the obvious fact that shitloads of people are dying.

New York City is not THE United States, it's just IN the United Staes. "The City" relies very heavily on public transportation. The trains, the subway system, and the bus system, are how most people shuttle about, and as they shuttle, they breathe each other's air for extended periods of time; and they do this every day, day after day, week after week. The point being: NYC was/is the perfect place for a massive, deadly, outbreak to happen. It's virus numbers are no more indicative of what's going on here in the less populated areas of the States than Sydney's numbers are to someone who lives on a ranch in Outback Queensland.

As someone who once lived in The City but now lives out in the country, let me just say that city people are ALWAYS trying to boss around country people, it's just part of their provincial arrogance and indicative of their paucity of common sense; and country people usually listen and comply, as their common sense tells them it's better to just let those smug, condescending soot- breathers have their way, if only because it makes it less likely they'll begin to wonder how much better living in the country is - BUT - there's a limit. And that limit has pretty much been reached.

Where I live, you don't let your friends accept a rental car that has Massachusetts or New York plates, 'cause that would be seen as cruel.

And now you know.

dean122
4/22/2020 11:26am
CM_84 wrote:
The CDC stats I posted were specifically in relation to a discussion regarding the number of deaths in different age groups and how it compares to...
The CDC stats I posted were specifically in relation to a discussion regarding the number of deaths in different age groups and how it compares to the common flu.

That article was the most recent comparison I could find

In relation to where I see the number of recovered cases.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
This is the site I use for my general day to day info. then often follow links to their sources.

Locally in terms of news, The biggest news paper in my region is 'The Age' they quote health department stats every day, active cases is reported every single day, and broken down by state.
So you using worldometers as a source of info let's dig into their numbers, just for California as an example.

As of today there are a grand total of 35,881 cases and 1,332 deaths for the state. It shows active cases as 31,212. So if we subtract the deaths from the total cases that leaves 34,549. Subtract the total active cases and that leaves you with 3,337 recovered people.

So since this has all started, you're telling me worldometers is a solid source of info when they are only pulling together data from what other sites feed them? Of 35,881 cases reported in California in the last couple months and only 3,337 people have recovered?!!

I'm sure it's a source of info, but it certainly isn't the end all be all of numbers. LA county specifically said in a PC they aren't tracking recoveries because they aren't doing secondary testing to clear a once positive test. Not everyone doing drive through tests are coming back for second and third rounds to track recovery. They don't have the equipment for it so the numbers are bogus.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
4/22/2020 11:55am
So glad this got moved to Non-Moto where it belongs!
ATKpilot99
4/22/2020 12:10pm
500guy wrote:
So exactly how are the people in Nursing homes that are not allowed visitors or able to go anywhere getting it and passing away? Also the...
So exactly how are the people in Nursing homes that are not allowed visitors or able to go anywhere getting it and passing away?

Also the death numbers are exaggerated, That's what happens when our Government monetizes it.

The more deaths and sickness reported = more federal money.
They're getting it from the employees and caretakers who go home every day.

The Shop

CM_84
4/22/2020 2:09pm
500guy wrote:
So exactly how are the people in Nursing homes that are not allowed visitors or able to go anywhere getting it and passing away? Also the...
So exactly how are the people in Nursing homes that are not allowed visitors or able to go anywhere getting it and passing away?

Also the death numbers are exaggerated, That's what happens when our Government monetizes it.

The more deaths and sickness reported = more federal money.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
They're getting it from the employees and caretakers who go home every day.
It’s not really rocket science is it haha
CM_84
4/22/2020 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 2:29pm
So I assume all those that think this is no worse than the common flu and are having their rights infringed on, will not be voting for the same government at the end of the year?
I mean, if what you guys are saying is true, the government shot the economy in both feet for nothing, and the morons don’t know how to count deaths, they are so easily mislead by scientists etc.
So you guys will be turfing them out yeah?
HondaMan66
4/22/2020 2:37pm
CM_84 wrote:
So I assume all those that think this is no worse than the common flu and are having their rights infringed on, will not be voting...
So I assume all those that think this is no worse than the common flu and are having their rights infringed on, will not be voting for the same government at the end of the year?
I mean, if what you guys are saying is true, the government shot the economy in both feet for nothing, and the morons don’t know how to count deaths, they are so easily mislead by scientists etc.
No.
The alternative party is 1 million times worse when it comes to freedom. If you put government in charge of your healthcare then they control you. Same thing if the majority of the population is on unemployment or food stamps. They control you. This is just a sample of what it would be like. It should scare the shit out of everyone. The party in charge now has realized their mistake and is trying to correct it by getting us all back to work and self sufficient. The guy running in opposition doesn’t even know what day it is or what state he’s in. Why would you even suggest that? Ridiculous!
CM_84
4/22/2020 2:51pm
CM_84 wrote:
So I assume all those that think this is no worse than the common flu and are having their rights infringed on, will not be voting...
HondaMan66 wrote:
No. The alternative party is 1 million times worse when it comes to freedom. If you put government in charge of your healthcare then they control...
No.
The alternative party is 1 million times worse when it comes to freedom. If you put government in charge of your healthcare then they control you. Same thing if the majority of the population is on unemployment or food stamps. They control you. This is just a sample of what it would be like. It should scare the shit out of everyone. The party in charge now has realized their mistake and is trying to correct it by getting us all back to work and self sufficient. The guy running in opposition doesn’t even know what day it is or what state he’s in. Why would you even suggest that? Ridiculous!
I’m obviously being a bit facetious, however just to play devils advocate, if people truly believe this whole shut down is for nothing worse than the flu.
The previous administration went 8 years, each year had a flu which is apparently just as deadly, and they never shut down the economy and ordered people to stay in.

I do disagree with the statement “if you put the government in control of healthcare, they control you”

Well pretty much every developed nation has the government controlling healthcare, and I certainly don’t feel controlled by my government.
And as an added benefit, I have read many complaints on this board about the numbers being inflated because hospitals get more money from the government to treat covid cases.
Well we don’t really have the problem of private health care trying to rip off the government.

Please understand I am just trying to challenge peoples beliefs and try and understand said beliefs a little more.

HondaMan66
4/22/2020 2:55pm
I agree.
Some people need to take a look at who is in charge of the cities that are in the worst shape. They are all run by them. They have the worst crime rates, drug problems, murders, and economies.
CM_84
4/22/2020 2:56pm
If you truly believe this is no worse than the flu, wouldn’t closing the border to China have been a horrible move? It has a huge impact on the economy.

I personally think it was a great move, because I think this is much worse than the seasonal flu.
HondaMan66
4/22/2020 3:01pm
CM_84 wrote:
I’m obviously being a bit facetious, however just to play devils advocate, if people truly believe this whole shut down is for nothing worse than the...
I’m obviously being a bit facetious, however just to play devils advocate, if people truly believe this whole shut down is for nothing worse than the flu.
The previous administration went 8 years, each year had a flu which is apparently just as deadly, and they never shut down the economy and ordered people to stay in.

I do disagree with the statement “if you put the government in control of healthcare, they control you”

Well pretty much every developed nation has the government controlling healthcare, and I certainly don’t feel controlled by my government.
And as an added benefit, I have read many complaints on this board about the numbers being inflated because hospitals get more money from the government to treat covid cases.
Well we don’t really have the problem of private health care trying to rip off the government.

Please understand I am just trying to challenge peoples beliefs and try and understand said beliefs a little more.

You are not an American so you will never understand.
Broseph
4/22/2020 3:05pm
CM_84 wrote:
We can argue about wether the 10x mortality rate of the flu until we are blue in the face, and yes it’s an extremely difficult number...
We can argue about wether the 10x mortality rate of the flu until we are blue in the face, and yes it’s an extremely difficult number to calculate. The “experts” that we have spoken about have said that from day one.
And I get it vital doesn’t trust them, but they are a damn site more educated on the topic than anyone here.

So let’s assume that it’s not 10x more deadly than the flu, why are morgues in NY overflowing? And this is despite the biggest shut down in history. What would be happening if people weren’t ‘social distancing’
Given the current measures, if the hypothesis on this site is correct, the morgues should be getting fewer ‘customers’ than ever

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I am sorry I don’t see how anyone can argue against the obvious fact that shitloads of people are dying.

The morgues are overflowing because it spreads much faster than the normal flu. NYC is basically having an entire flu season compressed into a month.

Quarantine was put in place to slow the spread and not overload the hospitals. It was never intended to (and will not) eliminate the virus.
motogrady
4/22/2020 3:24pm
HondaMan66 wrote:
It is not the governments job to keep us safe and healthy. That is a personal responsibility. It is the governments job to manage our economy...
It is not the governments job to keep us safe and healthy. That is a personal responsibility. It is the governments job to manage our economy. Live free or die.
motogrady wrote:
Well, what I'd like to see the government do is something along the lines of The. Manhattan Project. Offer 1 million each to the top 100...
Well, what I'd like to see the government do is something along the lines of The. Manhattan Project.

Offer 1 million each to the top 100 medical scientists.
Lock them up in Fort Dietrich or Johns Hopkins in Maryland.

Nobody leaves, or gets paid, until a vaccine is perfected.

It's pennies on what they are spending now.
They’ve been working on an HIV vaccine for 40 years. Likely this thing never gets one either.
That’s the Spirit! Fuck it!
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/22/2020 3:25pm
HondaMan66 wrote:
God, Guns, and Guts Made America Great!
Explain preachers dying from Covid-19, gods plan?Grinning
Also, why would an all-seeing and loving god make America great and not the entire planet? Why does he/she hate Somalia? I have so many questions...

CM_84
4/22/2020 3:28pm
Yeah exactly, but my point is that I keep reading on here that this is no worse than the flu, so if that is true closing the borders was a terrible move, that cost the economy many many billions of dollars.

I agree it was a good move but I don’t see how anyone can possibly argue that it is both not worse than the flu, yet still a good idea to close the borders.
The 2 statements are mutually exclusive.
CM_84
4/22/2020 3:32pm
CM_84 wrote:

Broseph wrote:
The morgues are overflowing because it spreads much faster than the normal flu. NYC is basically having an entire flu season compressed into a month. Quarantine...
The morgues are overflowing because it spreads much faster than the normal flu. NYC is basically having an entire flu season compressed into a month.

Quarantine was put in place to slow the spread and not overload the hospitals. It was never intended to (and will not) eliminate the virus.
For context New York had 4,749 deaths from flu and pneumonia in 2018.
They have had a little over 20,000 deaths from Covid in a touch over a month.
So they have had 4 flu seasons compressed into a month and it’s still going.
jeffro503
4/22/2020 3:45pm
CM_84 wrote:
Yeah exactly, but my point is that I keep reading on here that this is no worse than the flu, so if that is true closing...
Yeah exactly, but my point is that I keep reading on here that this is no worse than the flu, so if that is true closing the borders was a terrible move, that cost the economy many many billions of dollars.

I agree it was a good move but I don’t see how anyone can possibly argue that it is both not worse than the flu, yet still a good idea to close the borders.
The 2 statements are mutually exclusive.
I think it's most definitely more deadly than the regular flu.......but we need a LOT more data to confirm that , and I could be 100% wrong. It is all opinion at this moment , but as time goes on , we learn more about this " specific " strain of the corona virus. We have had decades and probably more than a century to study the regular flu and the slightly different strains. This is a Novel virus , and new. It didn't just catch American's off guard , it caught the entire world off guard.
jeffro503
4/22/2020 3:48pm
HondaMan66 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
Explain preachers dying from Covid-19, gods plan?:lol: Also, why would an all-seeing and loving god make America great and not the entire planet? Why does he/she...
Also, why would an all-seeing and loving god make America great and not the entire planet? Why does he/she hate Somalia? I have so many questions...

I have my own opinions of why I hate the living fuck out of Somalia , and God aint got nothing to do with it Seth. Probably didn't answer your entire question , but I didn't need a " reason to believe " to hate another country.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/22/2020 3:51pm
HondaMan66 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
Explain preachers dying from Covid-19, gods plan?:lol: Also, why would an all-seeing and loving god make America great and not the entire planet? Why does he/she...

jeffro503 wrote:
I have my own opinions of why I hate the living fuck out of Somalia , and God aint got nothing to do with it Seth...
I have my own opinions of why I hate the living fuck out of Somalia , and God aint got nothing to do with it Seth. Probably didn't answer your entire question , but I didn't need a " reason to believe " to hate another country.
Damn! Haha, hope you're well Jeffro
Broseph
4/22/2020 3:53pm
CM_84 wrote:

Broseph wrote:
The morgues are overflowing because it spreads much faster than the normal flu. NYC is basically having an entire flu season compressed into a month. Quarantine...

CM_84 wrote:
For context New York had 4,749 deaths from flu and pneumonia in 2018. They have had a little over 20,000 deaths from Covid in a touch...
I hear you, but spread out that month over a year and the death rate gets a whole lot lower. It hit NY so fast that there was a massive shortage of medical capacity. This means people die.

Not trying to downplay NYC. What’s going on there is terrible. But the rest of the country is not NYC.

Again, quarantine was intended to meter this thing out. Flatten the curve, not eliminate it.
dean122
4/22/2020 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 3:56pm
CM_84 wrote:

Broseph wrote:

CM_84 wrote:
For context New York had 4,749 deaths from flu and pneumonia in 2018. They have had a little over 20,000 deaths from Covid in a touch...
If you honestly think it's truly 20,000 deaths due to Covid-19 as the main cause of death then debating with you is a lost cause.

It's been admitted by Fauci himself that if someone died of a heart attack, but happened to have Covid at the time of death, they are putting down Covid-19 as the cause of death. Those death rates are super inflated and it's been discussed and reasoned why a million times over...$$$.
jeffro503
4/22/2020 3:54pm
seth505 wrote:
Damn! Haha, hope you're well Jeffro
I am good Seth , and I hope you are too! I also hope you have been shredding some dirt with Alex on them badass TC's!
CM_84
4/22/2020 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 4:02pm
Broseph wrote:
I hear you, but spread out that month over a year and the death rate gets a whole lot lower. It hit NY so fast that...
I hear you, but spread out that month over a year and the death rate gets a whole lot lower. It hit NY so fast that there was a massive shortage of medical capacity. This means people die.

Not trying to downplay NYC. What’s going on there is terrible. But the rest of the country is not NYC.

Again, quarantine was intended to meter this thing out. Flatten the curve, not eliminate it.
But we can only spread that number over the whole year if people stop dying. people are still dying at a similar rate.

Like i have said, I do understand the balance of when to open the ecomomy back up vs public safety debate, and I respect other opinions on that.

Its only when people say that this is no worse than the flu that i shake my head.
CM_84
4/22/2020 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 4:20pm
Broseph wrote:

CM_84 wrote:
dean122 wrote:
If you honestly think it's truly 20,000 deaths due to Covid-19 as the main cause of death then debating with you is a lost cause. It's...
If you honestly think it's truly 20,000 deaths due to Covid-19 as the main cause of death then debating with you is a lost cause.

It's been admitted by Fauci himself that if someone died of a heart attack, but happened to have Covid at the time of death, they are putting down Covid-19 as the cause of death. Those death rates are super inflated and it's been discussed and reasoned why a million times over...$$$.
I completely understand that the exact number is difficult to pin down.
And whilst its not 20,000. it sure as heck aint 2,000 either.
I trust you are livid at the governments mishandling over the $$$ causing this over inflated number?

And i agree, listen to guys like Fauci, is he saying this is no worse than the flu?

Please understand the only thing here that I vehamntly oppose is people saying its no worse than the flu. that is rediculious, and if anyone actually thinks that, they should also think that the government is the most incompotent group of buffoons to ever run a gas station let alone a country.
CM_84
4/22/2020 4:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 4:14pm
P.S I will stop posting in this thread unless someone particuarly calls me out, I genuinly enjoyed discussing the issue with you all.
I think it is important to discuss issues, and try to understand others opinions. as long as it is done respectfully. which for the most part i think was the case in this thread.
We might agree on some things, disagree on others, or maybe disagree on everything. But thats ok. opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. including me

Most of all, I hope everyone stays safe. Take care.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
4/22/2020 4:47pm
HondaMan66 wrote:
seth505 wrote:

Ah well, ya know what they say.... the lord works in mysterious ways 🤷‍♂️

Post a reply to: "The Government Filled a SoCal Skate Park with Sand, So the Skaters Turned it Into a Dirt Bike Track"

The Latest