"The Government Filled a SoCal Skate Park with Sand, So the Skaters Turned it Into a Dirt Bike Track"

MB109
4/22/2020 6:27am
A couple guys used to bring in their 50s to our local skatepark.. irritated most skaters there. Once one of them cracked a case trying to get out of a quarter pipe and puked oil everywhere, that was the end of that.
Broseph
4/22/2020 7:15am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 7:22am
And so it begins:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-research-shows-la-countys-rate-of-infe…

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/antibody-study-shows-la-outbreak-070007082.ht…

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/21/coronavirus-cases-are-likely-10-to-20-t…

How does the “10x worse death rate than the flu” data hold up once antibody tests start showing the number of people recovered from the virus is 10 to 40 times higher than the original estimate?
Ted722
4/22/2020 7:23am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 7:25am
CM_84 wrote:
The CDC stats I posted were specifically in relation to a discussion regarding the number of deaths in different age groups and how it compares to...
The CDC stats I posted were specifically in relation to a discussion regarding the number of deaths in different age groups and how it compares to the common flu.

That article was the most recent comparison I could find

In relation to where I see the number of recovered cases.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
This is the site I use for my general day to day info. then often follow links to their sources.

Locally in terms of news, The biggest news paper in my region is 'The Age' they quote health department stats every day, active cases is reported every single day, and broken down by state.
I think everyone is missing the a fact. The Flu "would" kill more people than the Coronavirus, but we have a vaccine. We have a much...
I think everyone is missing the a fact. The Flu "would" kill more people than the Coronavirus, but we have a vaccine. We have a much better handle on the Flu and how it works, how to make medicine for it. Coronaviruses don't normally infect humans. So we don't have the weapons to fight it. So YES the flu is more deadly BUT we are better prepared for it. Social Distancing isn't a bad thing, but politicians acting to just look good is bad.
CM_84 wrote:
Sorry, but that’s not correct The mortality rate of Covid is roughly 10x higher, that is not my opinion, that is the opinion of organizations like...
Sorry, but that’s not correct
The mortality rate of Covid is roughly 10x higher, that is not my opinion, that is the opinion of organizations like the CDC etc.
That mortality rate only takes into account the number of people who contract the virus, not the number that didn’t get it because of a vaccine.
On top of that, lots of seasonal flus do not have a vaccine, there is not one “flu” but many strains

And the CDC has been dead on through all of this. They are gospel. Not to be questioned.

My opinion now resides with antibodies testing which show numbers similar to the flu. Also, important to track age groups (and underlying conditions) more at risk. Other states have been transparent on their age related deaths, but good luck finding a breakdown of age and underlying conditions in California.

Even with the absolutely best stay-in-home shelter orders...humans have a way of not following those guidelines. I've seen it, I've lived it. And through it all,(5 weeks) California has 1,268 deaths in a population of 40,000,000? Calling bullshit on this stay-in-shelter needing to continue and furthermore California needs to re-open on a county by county basis.

This all-for-one / one-for-all approach concerning the virus (in California and some other states) will be the death knell for a lot of good citizens/small businesses whose communities could have rebounded with safer guidelines. Going to work should be like going to the grocery store or the tire shop.

Now free speech has been pulled. All permits suspended for protests at the Capitol.(Sacramento, CA).

Which reminds me, excuse this tangent. My father-in-law smoked on the beach in Sarasota,FL. which was outlawed. When told by nosy beach goers "you can't smoke here"...he responded "I have a permit" Laughing

Time for this State's population to continue to wake the fuck up.

The Shop

Broseph
4/22/2020 7:30am
What’s the end game for lockdown in other countries? The virus isn’t going away. Are they hoping to stay indoors until the US (or someone else using US technology) develops a vaccine?

All the while mocking the US with preliminary data that, day by day, is being proven wrong?

Sounds typical, actually.
TeamGreen
4/22/2020 7:43am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 7:46am
I think everyone is missing the a fact. The Flu "would" kill more people than the Coronavirus, but we have a vaccine. We have a much...
I think everyone is missing the a fact. The Flu "would" kill more people than the Coronavirus, but we have a vaccine. We have a much better handle on the Flu and how it works, how to make medicine for it. Coronaviruses don't normally infect humans. So we don't have the weapons to fight it. So YES the flu is more deadly BUT we are better prepared for it. Social Distancing isn't a bad thing, but politicians acting to just look good is bad.
CM_84 wrote:
Sorry, but that’s not correct The mortality rate of Covid is roughly 10x higher, that is not my opinion, that is the opinion of organizations like...
Sorry, but that’s not correct
The mortality rate of Covid is roughly 10x higher, that is not my opinion, that is the opinion of organizations like the CDC etc.
That mortality rate only takes into account the number of people who contract the virus, not the number that didn’t get it because of a vaccine.
On top of that, lots of seasonal flus do not have a vaccine, there is not one “flu” but many strains

Ted722 wrote:
And the CDC has been dead on through all of this. They are gospel. Not to be questioned. My opinion now resides with antibodies testing which...
And the CDC has been dead on through all of this. They are gospel. Not to be questioned.

My opinion now resides with antibodies testing which show numbers similar to the flu. Also, important to track age groups (and underlying conditions) more at risk. Other states have been transparent on their age related deaths, but good luck finding a breakdown of age and underlying conditions in California.

Even with the absolutely best stay-in-home shelter orders...humans have a way of not following those guidelines. I've seen it, I've lived it. And through it all,(5 weeks) California has 1,268 deaths in a population of 40,000,000? Calling bullshit on this stay-in-shelter needing to continue and furthermore California needs to re-open on a county by county basis.

This all-for-one / one-for-all approach concerning the virus (in California and some other states) will be the death knell for a lot of good citizens/small businesses whose communities could have rebounded with safer guidelines. Going to work should be like going to the grocery store or the tire shop.

Now free speech has been pulled. All permits suspended for protests at the Capitol.(Sacramento, CA).

Which reminds me, excuse this tangent. My father-in-law smoked on the beach in Sarasota,FL. which was outlawed. When told by nosy beach goers "you can't smoke here"...he responded "I have a permit" Laughing

Time for this State's population to continue to wake the fuck up.
Ted ain't havin' it Grinning

Shasta County, California (population 180K): 26 cases, 3 deaths, 19 recovered. That's right aound 1 in 7,000 people.
(180,000:26)

The Stanford Study sampled 3,300 people and found that the anti-bodies are already out there & the affected/previously infected population is WAY beyond what was perviously thought.

Then there's the whinny little shits that live in sparsely populated countries telling us "how it is" or "why things are the way they are". Classic!

This thing is HIGHLY INFECTIOUS. We need to have some common-sense in our conduct,

And that's all there is to it.

Do we need to lighten up on some of the restrictions in certain areas? Probably.
ob
4/22/2020 7:47am
I guess the hospitals aren't to worried about it anymore. They are laying off all thier nurses.

Seems weird.
Tbteam
4/22/2020 8:23am
I sent in my pic to the NYC snitch line two days ago. Not kidding. The said they would be in contact with me shortly, but for some reason, I never heard anything.

Skuzzy29
4/22/2020 8:42am
CM_84 wrote:
Okay the “experts” can’t be trusted but people on vital can? Do you understand you aren’t calling me wrong, I don’t know what the numbers are...
Okay the “experts” can’t be trusted but people on vital can?

Do you understand you aren’t calling me wrong, I don’t know what the numbers are, you are calling the CDC, health departments m, governments etc wrong.

Look at what is happening in NY, look what has happened in some parts of Europe.
Do you really think this was just normal?
Come on man
Even if the numbers are off by 30% the 45,000 the cdc is currently claiming goes down to just over 40,000

Doctors in Italy were having to decide who they gave ventilators to and who would be left to die, that is not normal mate, that doesn’t happen in flu season
Firstly CM, I just want to say that I appreciate that you're always level headed and don't stoop to the anger and name calling so many do.

To your point of 'experts', no I don't trust them. Their projections and info are always changing too as the metrics change. Don't forget that the experts were against the travel ban in America. Also the fact that so many experts wanted more ventilators is worrisome as vents don't really help plus cause its own trauma.

But the 10x mortality rate you keep espousing is nowhere near correct. I'm positive my kids had it in the middle of February. One daughter had high fevers for a week and missed two weeks of school. Another missed a week and a half with shortness of breath, always tired. The third was mildly sick for about 5 days...and it didn't seem to touch me. I'm a territory manager for a supply company. I visit and talk up to a hundred people per day. A lot of key contact people I deal with missed work in February and March, some saying they had the worst sickness they ever had. Good chance many of these people as well as many others already had it and were never counted. Plus all the asymptomatic people that never knew they had it. That's where the new focus on antibody testing is important in learning more and redrawing the data.

Mxracer607
4/22/2020 9:00am
Whole family went to a1 this year and we all got really sick that whole week starting the day after a1 so I’m hoping I’m immune
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/22/2020 9:06am
Hoping?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/22/2020 9:17am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 9:22am
tobz wrote:
Interesting thread and unusual arguments. No wonder you guys have over 45,000 DEATHS in as little as a couple of months, not to mention it doubling...
Interesting thread and unusual arguments. No wonder you guys have over 45,000 DEATHS in as little as a couple of months, not to mention it doubling in a week. But hey, carry on....
Mother Nature is trying to do a reset on the evolution of the human species, but we keep screwing it up by not letting the dumb people go outside. Wink

Wait, let me amend that.

Mother Nature is trying to do a reset on the evolution of the human species, but we keep screwing it up by not letting the smarter-than-everyone-else people go outside.
4/22/2020 9:32am

We're all socially distancing at our off road park. I think people are tired of the BS and fear-mongering. Here's the secret in stats from someone with a master's in the subject --- garbage in garbage out. I could also put together a detailed correlation of data showing that eating ice cream causes cancer.
4/22/2020 9:41am
NMX168 wrote:
Ah yes, so many " in the know " on this forum. The Major is right. So many have given up so much so "We" can...
Ah yes, so many " in the know " on this forum. The Major is right. So many have given up so much so "We" can continue to live free. So as of right now 4-21-2019 about 41,000 have "died" from the virus here in the U.S,A not anywhere in the galaxy of a million. Now how they are counting those deaths is let's say suspect at best. The geniuses have now decided to count "probable deaths" as related to Covid19. Brilliant as the Brits would say. I like many others here served in the military. Crew Chief on a Medivac helicopter. And like so many on here raced motocross at the highest level but that was 45 years ago. When we decide to give up our freedom to feel like we are safer or more secure, we are doomed to forget how and why this all started, this great American experiment. The Stamp Act and the tax on tea (a 3% tax by the way) led to the revolution. At the time, only 30% of the population in the colonies were for seceding from Great Britain at the time. That's right, 70% wanted to stay ruled by the Brits. Today, we are the greatest nation on the earth. No we are not perfect but a damn sight better than most and one of the most benevolent countries ever. The overreach by state and local governments has shown their ugly hand and it will not get better nor will they every say they are sorry. If this is how you want to live, I would suggest move to a country where you feel safe and secure and are willing to give up your freedom. I do not post much but read here every day and just felt compelled to share a few thoughts. I have paid the price for us to continue to have the freedoms we have. Have you?

'

'
Useful post.

Well said.
Rhody
4/22/2020 9:55am
If people would do the right thing without the government shoving it down their throat, the government wouldn't shove it down their throat. How about that for some personal responsibility.
CM_84
4/22/2020 10:05am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 10:06am
We can argue about wether the 10x mortality rate of the flu until we are blue in the face, and yes it’s an extremely difficult number to calculate. The “experts” that we have spoken about have said that from day one.
And I get it vital doesn’t trust them, but they are a damn site more educated on the topic than anyone here.

So let’s assume that it’s not 10x more deadly than the flu, why are morgues in NY overflowing? And this is despite the biggest shut down in history. What would be happening if people weren’t ‘social distancing’
Given the current measures, if the hypothesis on this site is correct, the morgues should be getting fewer ‘customers’ than ever

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I am sorry I don’t see how anyone can argue against the obvious fact that shitloads of people are dying.

HondaMan66
4/22/2020 10:11am
It is not the governments job to keep us safe and healthy. That is a personal responsibility. It is the governments job to manage our economy. Live free or die.
CM_84
4/22/2020 10:13am
vdrsnk04 wrote:
You are wrong. More people haven’t died from this. When you have false negatives and false positives from the tests for covid the results are inconclusive...
You are wrong. More people haven’t died from this. When you have false negatives and false positives from the tests for covid the results are inconclusive and should be considered as such. But for some reason the slightest symptom or even inaccurate test and “experts” say you have coronavirus.

That’s like taking a test and the teacher isn’t sure if you passed or failed it so they just fail you because they “think” you did.
CM_84 wrote:
Okay the “experts” can’t be trusted but people on vital can? Do you understand you aren’t calling me wrong, I don’t know what the numbers are...
Okay the “experts” can’t be trusted but people on vital can?

Do you understand you aren’t calling me wrong, I don’t know what the numbers are, you are calling the CDC, health departments m, governments etc wrong.

Look at what is happening in NY, look what has happened in some parts of Europe.
Do you really think this was just normal?
Come on man
Even if the numbers are off by 30% the 45,000 the cdc is currently claiming goes down to just over 40,000

Doctors in Italy were having to decide who they gave ventilators to and who would be left to die, that is not normal mate, that doesn’t happen in flu season
vdrsnk04 wrote:
Your math must be bad. Because if they are claiming 45,000 and they were 30% off as you said that would put it at 31,500... The...
Your math must be bad. Because if they are claiming 45,000 and they were 30% off as you said that would put it at 31,500...

The majority of people dying from it would have had a good chance of dying from the flu as well. Pre existing conditions that make them vulnerable for these problems. Which again is still such a small percentage versus the world population it’s minuscule.

And to add to your point about numbers. Even if every single case claimed in the world right now 2.8 million cases were true that would mean that only .0003% of the world has coronavirus. Yes, not even a half of a percent of the world has it. For comparison there were 13 million flu cases last year or .0018% of the world has it.
Sorry that was a typo I meant to say 30,000
My point was that even if their numbers were 30% off.
30,000 deaths in a month especially given the current measures in place is astronomical.
500guy
4/22/2020 10:17am
GuyB wrote:
Mother Nature is trying to do a reset on the evolution of the human species, but we keep screwing it up by not letting the dumb...
Mother Nature is trying to do a reset on the evolution of the human species, but we keep screwing it up by not letting the dumb people go outside. Wink

Wait, let me amend that.

Mother Nature is trying to do a reset on the evolution of the human species, but we keep screwing it up by not letting the smarter-than-everyone-else people go outside.
So exactly how are the people in Nursing homes that are not allowed visitors or able to go anywhere getting it and passing away?

Also the death numbers are exaggerated, That's what happens when our Government monetizes it.

The more deaths and sickness reported = more federal money.
C.Worthy
4/22/2020 10:19am
CM_84 wrote:
We can argue about wether the 10x mortality rate of the flu until we are blue in the face, and yes it’s an extremely difficult number...
We can argue about wether the 10x mortality rate of the flu until we are blue in the face, and yes it’s an extremely difficult number to calculate. The “experts” that we have spoken about have said that from day one.
And I get it vital doesn’t trust them, but they are a damn site more educated on the topic than anyone here.

So let’s assume that it’s not 10x more deadly than the flu, why are morgues in NY overflowing? And this is despite the biggest shut down in history. What would be happening if people weren’t ‘social distancing’
Given the current measures, if the hypothesis on this site is correct, the morgues should be getting fewer ‘customers’ than ever

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I am sorry I don’t see how anyone can argue against the obvious fact that shitloads of people are dying.

What would happen if people weren’t social distancing? Just take a look at Sweden. No government lockdown no mandated social distancing. No gloom and doom.

Also you use New York as an example which is the United States’ most populous city where people live on top of each other like cockroaches. A place where rats are abundant on the streets.

It’s easy to see through your lack of knowledge of the states. It was apparent when you stated the US seems “very divided to you.“ That’s FAR from accurate. But maybe you base your assumptions off of social media and forums which.......wait for it........isn’t real life. So please continue to educate us on our own countries behavior since you seem to be an expert.

I’ll continue to keep social distancing while running/cycling/hiking at the bay and saying good morning to the people I pass by regardless of political affiliation or COVID beliefs because guess what? People are actually nice here in real life!
motogrady
4/22/2020 10:20am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 10:23am
HondaMan66 wrote:
It is not the governments job to keep us safe and healthy. That is a personal responsibility. It is the governments job to manage our economy...
It is not the governments job to keep us safe and healthy. That is a personal responsibility. It is the governments job to manage our economy. Live free or die.
Well, what I'd like to see the government do is something along the lines of The. Manhattan Project.

Offer 1 million each to the top 100 medical scientists.
Lock them up in Fort Dietrich or Johns Hopkins in Maryland.

Nobody leaves, or gets paid, until a vaccine is perfected.

It's pennies on what they are spending now.
CM_84
4/22/2020 10:42am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 10:44am
CM_84
4/22/2020 10:45am
C.Worthy wrote:
What would happen if people weren’t social distancing? Just take a look at Sweden. No government lockdown no mandated social distancing. No gloom and doom. Also...
What would happen if people weren’t social distancing? Just take a look at Sweden. No government lockdown no mandated social distancing. No gloom and doom.

Also you use New York as an example which is the United States’ most populous city where people live on top of each other like cockroaches. A place where rats are abundant on the streets.

It’s easy to see through your lack of knowledge of the states. It was apparent when you stated the US seems “very divided to you.“ That’s FAR from accurate. But maybe you base your assumptions off of social media and forums which.......wait for it........isn’t real life. So please continue to educate us on our own countries behavior since you seem to be an expert.

I’ll continue to keep social distancing while running/cycling/hiking at the bay and saying good morning to the people I pass by regardless of political affiliation or COVID beliefs because guess what? People are actually nice here in real life!
It’s very early days in regards to Sweden’s approach, I sincerely hope it works, then we can all do the same and life will return to normal sooner.
But if you really want to look at the numbers at this early stage in the game, take a look at the deaths per million compared to their neighboring countries.

Sweden 192
Norway 34
Finland 27
Denmark 66
Poland 11
Estonia 33

And you are right, social media and forums are the worst judge of a society. So I am glad to hear that my opinion about the US being divided is wrong in your eyes.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things with social distancing, keep it up. 👍
Johnny Ringo
4/22/2020 10:46am
HondaMan66 wrote:
It is not the governments job to keep us safe and healthy. That is a personal responsibility. It is the governments job to manage our economy...
motogrady wrote:
Well, what I'd like to see the government do is something along the lines of The. Manhattan Project. Offer 1 million each to the top 100...
Well, what I'd like to see the government do is something along the lines of The. Manhattan Project.

Offer 1 million each to the top 100 medical scientists.
Lock them up in Fort Dietrich or Johns Hopkins in Maryland.

Nobody leaves, or gets paid, until a vaccine is perfected.

It's pennies on what they are spending now.
They’ve been working on an HIV vaccine for 40 years. Likely this thing never gets one either.
CM_84
4/22/2020 10:56am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 11:00am
dang472 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/04/22/422102/s1200_7C7889BF_B5D4_40D0_B17F_D6C18ACADDA9.jpg[/img]

That analogy would only hold up if people snitched on were led away and executed.

I will never snitch on people for not social distancing (although I will think they are a bunch of morons)

But I find it a bit disrespectful when people compare things to the Holocaust unless the actions are actually comparable to the holocaust.

Post a reply to: "The Government Filled a SoCal Skate Park with Sand, So the Skaters Turned it Into a Dirt Bike Track"

The Latest