"The Government Filled a SoCal Skate Park with Sand, So the Skaters Turned it Into a Dirt Bike Track"

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2020 4:51 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Ever wonder why a lot of these sites don't give a " Recovered " number? Hmm?......wonder why?

CM_84 wrote:

Most studies I have read do.
and most news reports in my region quote the number of active cases.

And yet you posted a CDC stat from March 30th? Instead of saying " The sites I visit show Recovered " stats....can you post them?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

4/21/2020 5:02 PM

Here’s my county....
Photo

|

4/21/2020 5:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2020 5:40 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Ever wonder why a lot of these sites don't give a " Recovered " number? Hmm?......wonder why?

CM_84 wrote:

Most studies I have read do.
and most news reports in my region quote the number of active cases.

jeffro503 wrote:

And yet you posted a CDC stat from March 30th? Instead of saying " The sites I visit show Recovered " stats....can you post ...more

The CDC stats I posted were specifically in relation to a discussion regarding the number of deaths in different age groups and how it compares to the common flu.

That article was the most recent comparison I could find

In relation to where I see the number of recovered cases.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
This is the site I use for my general day to day info. then often follow links to their sources.

Locally in terms of news, The biggest news paper in my region is 'The Age' they quote health department stats every day, active cases is reported every single day, and broken down by state.

|

4/21/2020 6:17 PM

dang472 wrote:

Well Sweden seems to have come out good with their anti lockdown experiment.

As for the American view of the government ...more

Truth.

|

4/21/2020 9:27 PM

3 weeks ago at the peak, Chicago parks where packed. Political folks having a Conniption . I,m too tired running my butt off trucking -working to post anymore.

|

4/22/2020 12:30 AM

that's like removing safety valve from your boiler because it was leaking... Darwin award here we come.

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

4/22/2020 1:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2020 2:22 AM

dang472 wrote:

Well Sweden seems to have come out good with their anti lockdown experiment.

As for the American view of the government ...more

Sweden hasn't came out of anything yet and the internal and external criticism is big. They fucked up when the winter holidays started. Swedes travel to the alps and northern Italy (Covid19 hub in Europe) in that time and the Swedish government had next to no control at all when these people went there and came back. Guess where the main airport is where these people flew back to? Stockholm.

Sweden went with the "controlled" spreading of the sickness and an aim for heard immunity as a result of their own leadership didn't act in time. They were forced to this, it wasn't a laid out plan from them. Now they have much more dead people per capita compared to countries like Norway and Finland (about 10x more when i checked last time). It could result in that Sweden resumes back to normal quickest of all European countries but for what price? And i can't see how they would get that far ahead of the rest of their business partners when the rest of Europe is still dealing with restrictions, their internal market will resume quicker but what about import and export business? It takes two to tango.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/infection-rate-is-too-low-to-establish-herd-immunity-to-coronavirus-s5jjf7p6c

This is coming from Great Britain. There isn't a consensus yet if heard immunity is a possibility, although it is difficult to find consensus in anything. But it's way too soon to give Sweden a medal and congratulate them.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

4/22/2020 3:03 AM

CM_84 wrote:

Most studies I have read do.
and most news reports in my region quote the number of active cases.

jeffro503 wrote:

And yet you posted a CDC stat from March 30th? Instead of saying " The sites I visit show Recovered " stats....can you post ...more

CM_84 wrote:

The CDC stats I posted were specifically in relation to a discussion regarding the number of deaths in different age groups ...more

I think everyone is missing the a fact. The Flu "would" kill more people than the Coronavirus, but we have a vaccine. We have a much better handle on the Flu and how it works, how to make medicine for it. Coronaviruses don't normally infect humans. So we don't have the weapons to fight it. So YES the flu is more deadly BUT we are better prepared for it. Social Distancing isn't a bad thing, but politicians acting to just look good is bad.

|

4/22/2020 3:07 AM

Photo
Photo
|

4/22/2020 3:13 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

And yet you posted a CDC stat from March 30th? Instead of saying " The sites I visit show Recovered " stats....can you post ...more

CM_84 wrote:

The CDC stats I posted were specifically in relation to a discussion regarding the number of deaths in different age groups ...more

racingfortheson wrote:

I think everyone is missing the a fact. The Flu "would" kill more people than the Coronavirus, but we have a vaccine. We have ...more

Sorry, but that’s not correct
The mortality rate of Covid is roughly 10x higher, that is not my opinion, that is the opinion of organizations like the CDC etc.
That mortality rate only takes into account the number of people who contract the virus, not the number that didn’t get it because of a vaccine.
On top of that, lots of seasonal flus do not have a vaccine, there is not one “flu” but many strains

|

4/22/2020 3:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2020 3:16 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Ever wonder why a lot of these sites don't give a " Recovered " number? Hmm?......wonder why?

|

4/22/2020 3:15 AM

Compare Sweden to Detroit, MI. Michigan has been is the news for their tyrant governor placing some of the most restrictive directives in the entire US. Similar populations but different infection and death rates.

https://www.theblaze.com/steve-deace/sweden

|

4/22/2020 3:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2020 3:23 AM

dang472 wrote: Photo
Photo

Interesting, there are quite a few “lockdown democracies” with higher cases per million than Sweden (which is the less important figure because Sweden aren’t trying to avoid infection, the death rate is more important)

Now to keep the balance, we should probably list all of the countries with a lower number? I bet there a lot more than the 7 countries listed there.

However, regardless of that, it’s probably too early to tell if their approach is working anyway, given the numbers are still so relatively low.

To be clear, I hope the Swedish approach works, i would rather get this out of the way quickly and get back to normal life.

But is Sweden right, and everyone else wrong? I’m guessing probably not.

|

4/22/2020 3:22 AM

For those that won’t watch the video...
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

4/22/2020 3:51 AM

Again, however it shakes out in Sweden, the fact that it’s not the highest in every per capita category is data for something. Maybe it’s superior genetics (I’m mostly Swedish), maybe there’s something to sheltering the most at risk while still operating at a reasonable level economically.

I can’t imagine a small business owner sitting here watching their life’s work whittle away while the government tells you you’re non essential.

Also, the CDC can only use the data available to calculate mortality rates. Anyone with $40 and a fever will get an Influenza test. Thus millions test positive but only .01% die. The problem with Corona is every death or “assumed death” is counted but not everyone with symptoms are tested. That’s why the antibody tests are important. Say 50,000 dead in the US but 5 million have had this in the last 4 months. Bam, 0.01% mortality rate.

|

4/22/2020 4:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2020 4:09 AM

dang472 wrote:

Again, however it shakes out in Sweden, the fact that it’s not the highest in every per capita category is data for something. ...more

So have we shut down economies for nothing?
Scientists with PhDs end decades of experience are the ones saying this is much much more deadly than the flu.

Hospitals are overflowing and cities are setting up temporary morgues, they do not do this every year with the flu. More people have died in the US in the last month than died from the regular flu in 2019.

I totally understand the argument of how we should deal with it, and what is the appropriate balance between shutting down businesses and getting people to shelter in place. And Dang, whilst I don’t agree with your views on this part of the debate, I completely understand, and respect your opinion on that part.
I reckon I would be about a 50% chance of losing my job in the next few months, so I get it, and definitely have some ‘skin in the game’ so to speak

But I am sorry, I will never understand people trying to argue this is just like the flu. (Dang that is not directed at you, I know that’s not the point you are trying to make)

|

4/22/2020 4:33 AM

In case you guys who are diehard explaining to us what is safe and isn’t safe due to possibly getting COVID. I’ll keep continuing to go riding, biking, golfing, etc. and purposely avoiding the “essential” places like Walmart. This meme explains it all...
Photo

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2020 KTM 250xc
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

4/22/2020 4:34 AM

cablecable wrote:

I dont think this is "cool" at all. theres a reason theres a lockdown in place. Just a bunch of dipshits thinking they are ...more

newmann wrote:

Everybody just needs to stay home for a month or two, except for the farmers, meat packers, grocery store employees, fast food ...more

Don't forget liquor store employees and the flower center at Home Depot, , and the Vape Shops and.......

|

4/22/2020 4:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2020 4:41 AM

dang472 wrote:

Again, however it shakes out in Sweden, the fact that it’s not the highest in every per capita category is data for something. ...more

CM_84 wrote:

So have we shut down economies for nothing?
Scientists with PhDs end decades of experience are the ones saying this is much ...more

You are wrong. More people haven’t died from this. When you have false negatives and false positives from the tests for covid the results are inconclusive and should be considered as such. But for some reason the slightest symptom or even inaccurate test and “experts” say you have coronavirus.

That’s like taking a test and the teacher isn’t sure if you passed or failed it so they just fail you because they “think” you did.

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2020 KTM 250xc
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

4/22/2020 4:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2020 5:06 AM

dang472 wrote:

Again, however it shakes out in Sweden, the fact that it’s not the highest in every per capita category is data for something. ...more

CM_84 wrote:

So have we shut down economies for nothing?
Scientists with PhDs end decades of experience are the ones saying this is much ...more

vdrsnk04 wrote:

You are wrong. More people haven’t died from this. When you have false negatives and false positives from the tests for covid ...more

Okay the “experts” can’t be trusted but people on vital can?

Do you understand you aren’t calling me wrong, I don’t know what the numbers are, you are calling the CDC, health departments m, governments etc wrong.

Look at what is happening in NY, look what has happened in some parts of Europe.
Do you really think this was just normal?
Come on man
Even if the numbers are off by 30% the 45,000 the cdc is currently claiming goes down to just over 40,000

Doctors in Italy were having to decide who they gave ventilators to and who would be left to die, that is not normal mate, that doesn’t happen in flu season

|

4/22/2020 5:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2020 6:02 AM

CM_84 wrote:

So have we shut down economies for nothing?
Scientists with PhDs end decades of experience are the ones saying this is much ...more

vdrsnk04 wrote:

You are wrong. More people haven’t died from this. When you have false negatives and false positives from the tests for covid ...more

CM_84 wrote:

Okay the “experts” can’t be trusted but people on vital can?

Do you understand you aren’t calling me wrong, I don’t know what ...more

Real life account. Buddy's wife couldn't taste her breakfast, by noon she had a fever. She calls the CDC and they ask her a few questions, says over the phone she has COVID 19. "If you have trouble breathing, go to the hospital" Hangs up phone.

BTW, she hasn't been out the house in weeks. But her husband is a UPS driver.

|

4/22/2020 5:32 AM

cablecable wrote:

I dont think this is "cool" at all. theres a reason theres a lockdown in place. Just a bunch of dipshits thinking they are ...more

newmann wrote:

Everybody just needs to stay home for a month or two, except for the farmers, meat packers, grocery store employees, fast food ...more

And don’t forget ... skate park closed. Golf courses open. Time for a discrimination lawsuit? That’s the language that San Clemente understands.

|

4/22/2020 5:35 AM

You cannot give a death rate if you do not know the actual number; if I test 1 person and they are positive and that 1 person dies, mathematically the death rate is 100%. But that is not accurate. What if there were 99 other people standing around who are positive, but I did not test them. The number of cases is far greater, which means the death rate is lower, which means our current reaction is idiotic. People are acting like the disease kills you as soon as it touches you.

The whole reason for "flattening the curve" was to save our hospitals from the surge of patients. If you do not believe that then go back and read the original articles. Well guess what hospitals were not overwhelmed, it is actually the opposite. Hospitals are going bankrupt because other surgeries are not being performed. (a few examples below but just search news headlines and it's nationwide.)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/us/coronavirus-rural-hospitals-invs/index.html
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/49-hospitals-furloughing-workers-in-response-to-covid-19.html
https://wwmt.com/news/local/bronson-to-furlough-hundreds-of-employees-during-pandemic-borgess-commits-to-no-layoffs

This is political now. Governors and Mayors are trying to one-up each other and making insane rules with no statistical evidence backing their decisions. They just make it up as they go. People cannot enjoy skate parks but they can go to wal mart as others have said...give me a break. Regardless of what you think about Covid19 you have to admit that's insane.

We are ruining the country and people's lives with this madness. I heard a good point the other day; we are told we need to stay inside because "if it saves lives...." but what about "if opening the economy back up saves 1 life then its worth it." And that's the truth. The cure is now worse than the disease (look up suicide rates, domestic abuse, child abuse.) People need to go back to work, public parks, restaurants, and dirt bike tracks and start living again. Isolate those who are vulnerable and lets gets moving.

|

4/22/2020 5:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2020 5:45 AM

CM_84 wrote:

So have we shut down economies for nothing?
Scientists with PhDs end decades of experience are the ones saying this is much ...more

vdrsnk04 wrote:

You are wrong. More people haven’t died from this. When you have false negatives and false positives from the tests for covid ...more

CM_84 wrote:

Okay the “experts” can’t be trusted but people on vital can?

Do you understand you aren’t calling me wrong, I don’t know what ...more

Your math must be bad. Because if they are claiming 45,000 and they were 30% off as you said that would put it at 31,500...

The majority of people dying from it would have had a good chance of dying from the flu as well. Pre existing conditions that make them vulnerable for these problems. Which again is still such a small percentage versus the world population it’s minuscule.

And to add to your point about numbers. Even if every single case claimed in the world right now 2.8 million cases were true that would mean that only .0003% of the world has coronavirus. Yes, not even a half of a percent of the world has it. For comparison there were 13 million flu cases last year or .0018% of the world has it.

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2020 KTM 250xc
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

4/22/2020 5:48 AM

How about the stories coming out about death tolls being inflated? People dying from other illness and being labeled as COVID deaths because that person was never tested... All seems a bit shady to me.

I'm more curious as to if the city is going to take legal action against Buttery, or if there is any precedence to. I'm sure its illegal to ride your dirt bike in the skate park in the first place.

|

4/22/2020 5:54 AM

cablecable wrote:

I dont think this is "cool" at all. theres a reason theres a lockdown in place. Just a bunch of dipshits thinking they are ...more

newmann wrote:

Everybody just needs to stay home for a month or two, except for the farmers, meat packers, grocery store employees, fast food ...more

YAMATHUMP1 wrote:

Don't forget liquor store employees and the flower center at Home Depot, , and the Vape Shops and.......

The list of essentials goes on and on and on. Automotive related here, I'm open and trying to keep my guys busy, employed and paid.The whole "non essential" thing is a crock of shit. We're all essential to the economy as a whole.

I wonder what the holiday suicide season is going to look like this year?

|

4/22/2020 6:09 AM

It’s not the concept. In a lot of cases, it’s the unequal social distancing regulations that cause our concern. They flat do not make sense. Skate NO! Golf YES! And, that’s in one state ... or sometimes even one county. Not another.

|

4/22/2020 6:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2020 6:15 AM

Why bother

|

4/22/2020 6:15 AM

newmann wrote:

Everybody just needs to stay home for a month or two, except for the farmers, meat packers, grocery store employees, fast food ...more

jeffro503 wrote:

That pretty much Freakin' nailed it Joe!

I'll add one more...... residential remodel contractor's. Because the people ...more

cablecable wrote:

those are called essential services dumb asse`s, i dont think skateboarding qualify`s for that.

Because finishing your new pool is so essential.

|

4/22/2020 6:16 AM

Interesting thread and unusual arguments. No wonder you guys have over 45,000 DEATHS in as little as a couple of months, not to mention it doubling in a week. But hey, carry on....

|