The Godfather Banned from perris & statefair MX Tracks

Motodave15
11/13/2020 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2020 11:19pm
I haven't seen a thread on this, but looks like the owner got his panties in a bunch because metzger called him out on I.G. because his kid got hurt at statefair due to a wire wrapping around his wheel. Also other parents drinking beers n shit in the pits.. not cool, and how are the kids supposed to get home safe, when the parent brought them to the track and is now drinking...WTF.

Super fucked up for the owner to say he didnt like what metz had to say and banned him and his kid. Metz was 100% correct.

Im honestly curious as to you guys opinions on this.

Here is the Video for reference.

- Apparently in the comments,They're thinking about closing down the tracks too because its a hard business to operate and theyre sick of everyone's issues
|
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
11/13/2020 10:36pm
Motodave15 wrote:
I haven't seen a thread on this, but looks like the owner got his panties in a bunch because metzger called him out on I.G. because...
I haven't seen a thread on this, but looks like the owner got his panties in a bunch because metzger called him out on I.G. because his kid got hurt at statefair due to a wire wrapping around his wheel. Also other parents drinking beers n shit in the pits.. not cool, and how are the kids supposed to get home safe, when the parent brought them to the track and is now drinking...WTF.

Super fucked up for the owner to say he didnt like what metz had to say and banned him and his kid. Metz was 100% correct.

Im honestly curious as to you guys opinions on this.

Here is the Video for reference.

- Apparently in the comments,They're thinking about closing down the tracks too because its a hard business to operate and theyre sick of everyone's issues
Running a MX track has to be one of the hardest things to do. You can NEVER make everyone happy.

Owning one in hopes of making a living from it, is a pipe dream. I don’t want to see any tracks close down, but it’s so hard to keep it going.
hubbardmx50
11/13/2020 11:22pm
I saw that, and I understand the frustration from both sides. Was Metz’s now deleted video bad enough for Jimmy to ban him and his kid from the tracks? I honestly don’t know. I get that he’s concerned about the safety of his kid but when you’re only paying $30 to ride you get what you pay for. I ride at Perris frequently as it’s my favorite track and I’m very stoked that they even have flaggers. Has he never been to Glen Helen on a Thursday? I understand Jimmy being pissed off about the bad publicity but I feel banning them was a bit steep. Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t run a track. What a thankless job
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
11/13/2020 11:41pm
Not the first issue I’ve heard of with the owner and management of State Fair/Perris, and I’m sure it won’t be the last. A friend of mine was blocked and banned for continuously asking when they were going to put lights in a completely dark section of the track.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
11/14/2020 12:22am
I could see both sides for sure, of course he wants his kid safe...but a flagger every 2 turns for a $30 practice? Come on...

as far as the ban, maybe too harsh or maybe he was out of line speaking with them, who knows.

Also, (side rant) trainers/parents act like they own the facilities. Open your own track if you disagree so much and then see how it is in the track owners shoes.

The Shop

chump6784
11/14/2020 12:36am
So typical in today's world. If you have a problem with a business, talk to the owner/manager. Don't jump on social media and bash them publically. Someone with Metzger's pull could seriously hurt their business.
11/14/2020 2:14am
seth505 wrote:
I could see both sides for sure, of course he wants his kid safe...but a flagger every 2 turns for a $30 practice? Come on... as...
I could see both sides for sure, of course he wants his kid safe...but a flagger every 2 turns for a $30 practice? Come on...

as far as the ban, maybe too harsh or maybe he was out of line speaking with them, who knows.

Also, (side rant) trainers/parents act like they own the facilities. Open your own track if you disagree so much and then see how it is in the track owners shoes.
Why is plenty of flaggers such a hard thing? Nearly every track in the uk charges around 30 some even less and just about every track has plenty of flaggers to cover every couple of turns or blind jumps. 🤷‍♂️
11/14/2020 2:15am
chump6784 wrote:
So typical in today's world. If you have a problem with a business, talk to the owner/manager. Don't jump on social media and bash them publically...
So typical in today's world. If you have a problem with a business, talk to the owner/manager. Don't jump on social media and bash them publically. Someone with Metzger's pull could seriously hurt their business.
Why would he care about their business if they blocked and banned him? It seems like there is a better solution for both parties somewhere out there..
11/14/2020 2:44am
chump6784 wrote:
So typical in today's world. If you have a problem with a business, talk to the owner/manager. Don't jump on social media and bash them publically...
Why would he care about their business if they blocked and banned him? It seems like there is a better solution for both parties somewhere out...
Why would he care about their business if they blocked and banned him? It seems like there is a better solution for both parties somewhere out there..
Because he is passionate. He’s been there and been hurt. Usually it was his fault but why should his kid be trapped under his bike on the outside of a berm getting burnt by the exhaust? No flaggers were in site. If you can’t afford to operate safely then don’t. Most mx track owners are a mental shit show anyways.

What I do agree with is you should be allowed to walk the track. These owners let any dirt be dumped at their tracks. I have seen angle iron, railroad spikes and even chunks of brick at different tracks. Not cool. As much as Englishtown had complaints in one of the worst states to own an mx track they always had enough flaggers and emt workers. They always shut the track down if the ambulance left and always maintained/watered the track. Oh, and they have been successful for a longgggg time.
acres951
11/14/2020 5:17am
seth505 wrote:
I could see both sides for sure, of course he wants his kid safe...but a flagger every 2 turns for a $30 practice? Come on... as...

POWLEY256 wrote:
Why is plenty of flaggers such a hard thing? Nearly every track in the uk charges around 30 some even less and just about every track...
Why is plenty of flaggers such a hard thing? Nearly every track in the uk charges around 30 some even less and just about every track has plenty of flaggers to cover every couple of turns or blind jumps. 🤷‍♂️
Good question. I wonder, maybe other costs involved (insurance etc) that make it less profitable.

I agree with whoever else said it’s a thankless job and you’re not getting rich from it.

We should really appreciate these track owner/managers.

We hear about supporting the local dealers, but with no tracks to ride those dealers move less bikes, parts, gear.

Our family skis, check the price of a lift ticket lately, not cheap.

Not speaking with regards to this metzger situation with which I know nothing about.
High_bend
11/14/2020 5:31am
Trash a business online and get banned. I don’t see the problem here.
xrmark
11/14/2020 5:45am
Perris and state fair are really funny. Both tracks are sub par, the prep is only good one day of the week and that’s when the pros show up. The owner is a complete tool who he thinks he’s running national level tracks. Perris does have good tacos though. Wouldn’t be surprised to see someone else take over Perris and state fair shut down again. What ever happened to there 3rd track? Lol
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
11/14/2020 6:02am
A little off topic, but I can’t get past how old he is looking...

Anyways, better ways to go about blasting a track and it’s not to your 70k followers..Perhaps a one on one with the track manager (a supposed friend) would have been a better route..
xrmark
11/14/2020 6:09am
Brad460 wrote:
A little off topic, but I can’t get past how old he is looking... Anyways, better ways to go about blasting a track and it’s not...
A little off topic, but I can’t get past how old he is looking...

Anyways, better ways to go about blasting a track and it’s not to your 70k followers..Perhaps a one on one with the track manager (a supposed friend) would have been a better route..
Honestly it’s good Metz called them out. They have a field day with banning people for any little criticism of there track. They’re the ones pushing business away Metz is just calling them out and it’s about time someone did.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
11/14/2020 6:58am Edited Date/Time 11/14/2020 6:58am
seth505 wrote:

POWLEY256 wrote:
Why is plenty of flaggers such a hard thing? Nearly every track in the uk charges around 30 some even less and just about every track...
Basically, just increased costs. How do they make money employing all these flaggers, emt, equipment operators etc? If I see someone crash on a practice day I pull over and see if they’re ok and if I should wave bikes around them.
DA498
11/14/2020 7:11am
What are these flaggers and ambulances you people talk of?
11/14/2020 7:32am
seth505 wrote:

POWLEY256 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
Basically, just increased costs. How do they make money employing all these flaggers, emt, equipment operators etc? If I see someone crash on a practice day...
Basically, just increased costs. How do they make money employing all these flaggers, emt, equipment operators etc? If I see someone crash on a practice day I pull over and see if they’re ok and if I should wave bikes around them.
Charge more.
mikec265
11/14/2020 7:38am
I'm with Metz on this. I don't want to send my kid out on a track if we can't walk it first. I toss rocks too while walking. Drunks around kids isn't cool either, especially if they're driving the kids home.
SoCalMX70
11/14/2020 7:54am Edited Date/Time 11/14/2020 7:55am
I'm with Metz on this one. The owners/management have developed a reputation for banning people who have legit criticism. They're babies.

Fact is you can't run a track and expect to make much off it, so you better be passionate about the sport and in tune with the riders. If you're not, sell it to someone who is.
bpaderta
11/14/2020 7:54am
Every track should have proper amount of flaggers and an ambulance present at every practice and race. No excuses
11/14/2020 8:45am
Why not allow volunteers flag for a discount on track time? Also Mike is right to say flaggers should not be on their phones while people are riding.
captmoto
11/14/2020 8:47am Edited Date/Time 11/14/2020 8:10pm
bpaderta wrote:
Every track should have proper amount of flaggers and an ambulance present at every practice and race. No excuses
Right, an ambulance around here is $2k. Try to run your own ambulance, crazy start up costs and lots of hoops to jump through. If the track owners wanted to charge $50 to ride and provide an ambulance and twice as many flaggers people would bitch about that,
Maybe riders should give up an hour of ride time to flag a corner. Yeah, right.
I don't think all of Metzgers followers ride. They just follow the Bro lifestyle.
I don't know why my edit didn't work last night.
At least he had the class to pull his original vid down. He does make some good points. I have stopped a couple times and asked the flagger to remove a chunk that looked like it came from a concrete block and a decent sized rock another time. They both really stood out on the track. I hope this gets resolved because I hate to see his son caught it the middle of this.
11/14/2020 8:49am
seth505 wrote:

POWLEY256 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
Basically, just increased costs. How do they make money employing all these flaggers, emt, equipment operators etc? If I see someone crash on a practice day...
Just about every proper track in the uk manages to do it so dont see why its not possible in the US. 🤷‍♂️
If moneys an issue then a track needs to put the price up a bit to compensate.
brocster
11/14/2020 9:45am
Not a fan of using social media to air out personal problems that should be handled in person at the time of the incident. If he did and got no response maybe, but first blow shouldn’t be I’ll bring the mob (followers) mentality on social media.

On the flip side, I am also not a fan of the “banned” movement when you surface an issue In saying that I have held my voice on a serious issue at “said” tracks due the the fear of being “banned” from one of my sons favorite tracks. Pretty shitty that you have to fear bringing up a safety issue to a place of business due the fear of the almighty “ban”

Motodave15
11/14/2020 10:19am
He did talk to the owner first, at the track.. and when the owner didnt respond to his grievances. He later went onto social media to air out the track problems which effect all of us.

Soo after talking to the owner in person, he was dismissive of the issues at hand. The original video explaining it all was deleted by metz. and he references that one in the one i posted.
chump6784
11/14/2020 10:58am Edited Date/Time 11/14/2020 11:02am
chump6784 wrote:
Why would he care about their business if they blocked and banned him? It seems like there is a better solution for both parties somewhere out...
He wouldn't have been banned if he hadn't have had his rant on social media

Edit. Just read the posts above after I replied. Seems that he did talk to the owner first and got no where with him. In that instance going to social media is fair in my opinion
DKmxFAN
11/14/2020 11:30am
Omg a dad had a few beers after working all week??? What is this world coming too!!!!!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
11/14/2020 11:33am Edited Date/Time 11/14/2020 11:33am
DKmxFAN wrote:
Omg a dad had a few beers after working all week??? What is this world coming too!!!!!
Do it at home when you don’t have to drive your kid home. Is this really that hard to understand? Is beer/alcohol that important in your life?
11/14/2020 11:36am
DKmxFAN wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Do it at home when you don’t have to drive your kid home. Is this really that hard to understand? Is beer/alcohol that important in your...
Do it at home when you don’t have to drive your kid home. Is this really that hard to understand? Is beer/alcohol that important in your life?
Hey man what's wrong with drinking and driving? What are you some kind of square?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
11/14/2020 11:38am
DKmxFAN wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Do it at home when you don’t have to drive your kid home. Is this really that hard to understand? Is beer/alcohol that important in your...
Hey man what's wrong with drinking and driving? What are you some kind of square?
I guess so. How dare I cherish my kids and other peoples lives enough to not be stupid Laughing

Post a reply to: The Godfather Banned from perris & statefair MX Tracks

The Latest