“The Game Changers” movie and plant based diet performance benefits for MX.

arunkxf
2/17/2020 5:18am
bvm111 wrote:
We evolved with these teeth called canines, they in fact are there to tear meat so we can eat it... Crazy isn’t it?
Although, out of roughly 32(ish) teeth only 4 are canines Smile

12.5%, is what those canines make up, is that how much meat ratio we should have? Asking for a friend
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
2/17/2020 5:26am
This just seems like Jabroni's Keto thread with few extra steps.
arunkxf
2/17/2020 5:47am
ledger wrote:
Serious question...how do Vegetarians acquire enough protein to sustain muscle ? All I can add to this thread is...Life changed for the better when I stopped...
Serious question...how do Vegetarians acquire enough protein to sustain muscle ? All I can add to this thread is...Life changed for the better when I stopped eating processed foods and cut sugar out of my life.
Soya based foods, nuts, meat substitutes, lentils. There are loads of alternatives nowadays. You just have to be imaginative. Countries in Asia, e.g India, meat is a luxury and are often fully vegetarian and still consume enough protein
seth419
2/17/2020 9:22am
arunkxf wrote:
Although, out of roughly 32(ish) teeth only 4 are canines :) 12.5%, is what those canines make up, is that how much meat ratio we should...

12.5%, is what those canines make up, is that how much meat ratio we should have? Asking for a friend
Bro with this logic you have to break the news to the wolves, they aren't going to be stoked.

The Shop

BobbyLight
2/17/2020 10:53am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 10:56am
watch “what the health”, “forks over knives” and “cowspiracy”. Also for everyone posting that joe rogan podcast watch the other one that was done later where the other guy is on there to defend himself against that same dude. If you really believe that the meat and dairy industry isnt throwing weight around you are crazy. We have been lied to our whole lives. Doesn’t matter though, if you get your data from watching documentaries and you arent able to read through the lines and understand the methodology (stats) of studies to form your own opinions you are just a sheep all the same. There is corruption all the way up to academia and if you cant tell buzzfeed studies from real ones you dont have a clue.
2/17/2020 11:06am
dimetime wrote:
The main problem is vegans are fucking insufferable. I was a ovo-lacto vegitarian for almost a decade and l got so fucking tired of lectures from...
The main problem is vegans are fucking insufferable. I was a ovo-lacto vegitarian for almost a decade and l got so fucking tired of lectures from vegan assholes that l literally gave up vegetarianism completely.

Hate to break it to you all but nutrition isn't a science. It isn't able to be double blind tested in meaningful way and our bodies are simply too different anyway. There are theories and anecdotal studies that take data and attempt to make something of it but that's about it. It's mostly conjecture.

I have a genetic issue called hyper lipodemia and my diet is fairly specialized. It's been years getting it right and after too many doctors and too many nutritionists to fucking count and constantly dealing with contradicting advice l found it best to read as much as you can and find what's best for you but mostly to completely tune out the lastest trend in nutrition. Because in the end, they're all just a trend to get you to buy the latest supplement or whatever the hell they've selling in their unprovable sham.

Now before everyone gets all pissed off, just stop for a second and think back to all the bullshit we've all fallen for over the years that's faded away over time and in hindsight we acknowledge how we got duped. It's always something that's gonna save ya but then it isn't.
I work for one of the aforementioned assholes, and it is painful most days, I can't eat around him without wanting to choke him out. I had some health issues several years ago and visited several clinical (Degreed) nutritionist as well as Doctors and among medical professionals, I kept hearing one common diet ( and I use that term loosely, lifestyle is more like it), they all said to follow a mediterranian diet, consisting of fruit, vegtables, fish and chicken, and e ery singke one said to no uncertain term to avoid TV Drs and fad diets, cause they are 99% unhelthy for the long term.
BobbyLight
2/17/2020 12:26pm
piscokid wrote:
To add fuel to the fire: This is an interesting diet and will certainly make you re-think your food choices: https://whole30.com/ An elimination diet that has...
To add fuel to the fire: This is an interesting diet and will certainly make you re-think your food choices:

https://whole30.com/

An elimination diet that has you remove sugars, wheat and dairy for 30 days so you can then add them back in and see what effect it has on your body. A real game changer for me. Basically if you can't pronounce it, you shouldn't eat it. It made a lot of sense for me. I don't have a dairy or gluten intolerance but it completely eliminated my desire for sweets. Fruit tastes amazing now! I was never a huge fruit eater until this diet. It allowed me to get off all soda and I only drink water/coffee and an occasional bourbon. It takes serious meal planning but it is something I continue to do today.

Your mileage my vary, but it is certainly worth looking into.
Glad to see someone else mention whole30. If people would try it I guarantee they would change their lives forever. good luck with the sugar addiction, you literally have no idea how much gets snuck into everything until you try it. This country only cares about treatment of disease not prevention. That is why the heart association has red meat recipes on its website and the diabetes association has fried shrimp on theirs. They are all in bed with the meat and dairy industries and its a vicious cycle of feed us shit all the way down to the milk in school cafeterias, so we get diseases they can sell us pills for. Also what your american doctor calls health is not really healthy its just a relative measurement among this fatass country. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything because you either want to look into it or you dont but im going to copy and paste a post below that I made A YEAR AGO. I had stage 4 acute lymphoblastic lymphoma at 17 and beat it following an italian protocol (us isnt even top 5 in medical especially cancer) that heavily involved diet so I am pretty dick deep on health and I am telling you that shit is fucked all the way down to the food pyramid you get taught at public schools its really a sad dystopia we live in. I made this post in february 2019:

Any of you guys tried functional medicine?

I go to a clinic that begins by taking your blood and does all kinds of tests a normal doctor would never do, including allergy tests of hundreds of things. They test the ranges of all sorts of things and their functional ranges are more narrow than the ranges your regular doctor would consider "normal", based on the fact that they think traditional ranges are too wide and are often off what is really healthy, because the ranges are established off people in hospitals, so sick people. Not to mention they test things a regular doctor never would.

Then the 3 doctors tailor a custom ~5-6 month program for you, with a specific supplement regiment to follow based on your lab results while you follow the Whole30 diet. After the Whole30 (30 days) they do all the tests over again and see where you are at, and adjust the program as needed. The whole30 rids your body of all the american bullshit and hidden sugar we eat and allows the test results to be really clear.

This is important because their goal is not to just stick you on 100 supplements and send you on your way, their thinking is that it's a process to discover the root of what is causing certain deficiencies, and treating those directly so that you DONT have to take supplements. In fact, the only supplements you will be on at the end of the 6 months, is because you either have a genetic deficiency, or an autoimmune issue of some kind, and those supplements you will likely need to take for the rest of your life. So in the end its only a couple supplements and a custom diet.

Its pretty expensive, but really cool. They really take the time to explain what is going on in your body and how the different levels of certain things affect other things, that affects other things, etc etc. My issue is that my body was not processing proteins, and was not methylating properly. I also have a insane genetic vitamin D deficiency and am allergic to wheat, peas, and garlic. I even tested positive for some crazy shit that you can only get from ticks, sort of like lime disease but doesn't behave the same way.

Its expensive, at least 5k, but really awesome. Never felt better in my life, mentally just as much as physically. It is like night and day, especially when the brain fog that you didn't even know you had goes away. I'd be willing to bet some factory teams use a similar program. They also will make you a customized exercise program as well, one of the doctors is a triathlete. (all 3 drs bring different focuses to the table). Bunch of other stuff too. https://www.holisticcharlotte.com/

Holistic medicine is no joke bro. The FDA has its pockets lined with big pharma money and hushes anything that doesn't make big pharma money or makes one of their pills obsolete. There is so much proof out there from legitimate studies of holistic treatments, but our government does a good job of keeping it quiet. They wont let you claim anything helps anything, even with overwhelming academic proof, until they evaluate it, which they wont. You wouldn't believe how many healthy, younger functional/holistic doctors have wound up dead in "accidents" and "suicides". If you think I'm being a conspiracy theorist, look it up. The government feeds us shit, and tells us what a "healthy" diet or chemical is based off of what conglomerates of relevant industries pay them.

For example just look at the "you need milk for strong bones" lie. There is "got milk?" posters all over kids schools and milk is what is served at lunch. Guess what? Nobody needs milk, or dairy at all. It's not healthy. Dairy undoubtedly causes inflammation, and the calcium and nutrients that you can get from dairy, you can get from other, healthier sources in your diet. That is just one example of how what we have been told to eat for the past 100 years is based off of the interests of whoever paid up. Isn't it funny that we are socialized to head to the grocery store for "bread and milk" when a snowstorm is coming through, when in reality we should not be consuming either of those things? In fact, the whole food pyramid and related "recommended diet" is bullshit. There is a reason we are so fucking fat and unhealthy, its not "the american way" or cultural, its the bullshit lies, food, and drugs we are fed. Talk to an american nutritionist then talk to a foreign one. Even what is taught here is fucked.
mxtech1
2/17/2020 12:30pm
I just watched this a few night ago, oddly enough. It was interesting.

If nothing else, it does make me question about over-consuming meat, in general, and getting more from vegetables. I can see where I would probably feel a little bit healthier if I just reduced meat intake down to a few meals per week, but that's easier said than done for most.
xplane
2/17/2020 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 2:38pm
Elite athletes do whatever it takes and then some so if vegan diet truly had performance benefits they would be all over it. But most elite athletes are far from vegan. Vegan diet is at best performance equivalent and a hell of a lot less tasty. Meat is delicious and convenient.
AxlBundy
2/17/2020 3:48pm
Movie was pure propaganda. All the athletes featured are out of the league or suffering performance. Plant protein is poor.
Brap!
2/17/2020 3:57pm
Sorry, but your top tier athletes (especially strength) consume meats.
Monk
2/17/2020 7:58pm
xplane wrote:
Elite athletes do whatever it takes and then some so if vegan diet truly had performance benefits they would be all over it. But most elite...
Elite athletes do whatever it takes and then some so if vegan diet truly had performance benefits they would be all over it. But most elite athletes are far from vegan. Vegan diet is at best performance equivalent and a hell of a lot less tasty. Meat is delicious and convenient.
My take on the who vegan idea is...

...with billions of dollars invested into every sport in the world, from soccer, baseball, football, basketball, hockey and such... And each one of those sports having some of the best doctors, trainers, nutritionist, dieticians, coaches, etc. If going to a vegan diet was better, offering better performance, faster recovery, better endurance..why haven't they all switched yet?

A vegan based diet is going to be a great diet for anyone coming from a more traditional diet of over consumption of food (especially processed) and under exercised individuals. But at at top level athlete level it just isn't going to provide the nutritional value one would need to compete at the top.

And of course, there is always exceptions to that rule... Outliers

bvm111
2/17/2020 8:14pm
bvm111 wrote:
We evolved with these teeth called canines, they in fact are there to tear meat so we can eat it... Crazy isn’t it?
arunkxf wrote:
Although, out of roughly 32(ish) teeth only 4 are canines :) 12.5%, is what those canines make up, is that how much meat ratio we should...

I’m not trying to start anything... But you can tell your friend we don’t have those to tear at hemp or soy... just sayin! I am not advocating for a carnivore diet or that a more plant based diet isn’t a good idea. I am just saying that we have them to tear at food and meat or packing tape for that matter... to state otherwise is just not being honest.
VetMX.com
2/17/2020 8:35pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2020 8:47pm
Man, this shit is simple.
Butcherbox.com, grass fed ribeye steaks, chicken and scallops, cruciferous vegetables eaten between 2PM and 8PM ( IF, 8-16), Organic salad with good olive oil and balsamic. Mostly meat and veg that produces sulphur for the blood. Drink your carbs. For carbs and electrolytes, Bud Light has no HFC so I try to down at least 5 a night. Read everything before you ingest it. If you can't spell it, throw it away./ Throw your microwave in the trash, Google what it does, just to water. Imagine what you are eating..

T. 56 years old, 5'11", 185# at 9% BMI. No gym, jogging or sports except riding 1.5 hours a week 1 time. All levels in range, no meds.I have the most dangerous job in the world.....Desk Jockey.
xplane
2/17/2020 8:50pm
Monk wrote:
My take on the who vegan idea is... ...with billions of dollars invested into every sport in the world, from soccer, baseball, football, basketball, hockey and...
My take on the who vegan idea is...

...with billions of dollars invested into every sport in the world, from soccer, baseball, football, basketball, hockey and such... And each one of those sports having some of the best doctors, trainers, nutritionist, dieticians, coaches, etc. If going to a vegan diet was better, offering better performance, faster recovery, better endurance..why haven't they all switched yet?

A vegan based diet is going to be a great diet for anyone coming from a more traditional diet of over consumption of food (especially processed) and under exercised individuals. But at at top level athlete level it just isn't going to provide the nutritional value one would need to compete at the top.

And of course, there is always exceptions to that rule... Outliers

Yes exactly. There is beaucoup published research into nutrition and human performance for decades and the people who research this stuff just so happen to be connected to elite athletes. Amazing...must be one hell of a conspiracy to keep the vegans down.
VetMX.com
2/17/2020 9:01pm
You also want to know what else is crazy? My best friend's son plays football for UT Austin right now, he sent me this video. It has some strong points but his son's personal nutritionists have mostly meat and veg for his diet, measured to the gram so not sure what to think. When he tells me about the budget, program and facilities, it seems they would be doing this by now if it worked.
APLMAN99
2/19/2020 4:00pm
VetMX.com wrote:
Man, this shit is simple. Butcherbox.com, grass fed ribeye steaks, chicken and scallops, cruciferous vegetables eaten between 2PM and 8PM ( IF, 8-16), Organic salad with...
Butcherbox.com, grass fed ribeye steaks, chicken and scallops, cruciferous vegetables eaten between 2PM and 8PM ( IF, 8-16), Organic salad with good olive oil and balsamic. Mostly meat and veg that produces sulphur for the blood. Drink your carbs. For carbs and electrolytes, Bud Light has no HFC so I try to down at least 5 a night. Read everything before you ingest it. If you can't spell it, throw it away./ Throw your microwave in the trash, Google what it does, just to water. Imagine what you are eating..

T. 56 years old, 5'11", 185# at 9% BMI. No gym, jogging or sports except riding 1.5 hours a week 1 time. All levels in range, no meds.I have the most dangerous job in the world.....Desk Jockey.
Just for clarity, a 5'11" person with a weight of 185lbs has a BMI of 25.8, not "9%"...…….
VetMX.com
2/19/2020 4:34pm
Sure.

Does this look like 25.8% BMI to you? LOL
(no homo here)
Do what works for you. I am not in a cut stage right now but this pic is 5 minutes old and yes, I am a wrinkly old fuck. I have been below 5% but felt weak.

YMMV

Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
2/19/2020 4:34pm
Most people benefit from any diet simply from taking control of the food you eat through understanding what it is and what’s in it. I’ve been keto for a while and this is because im a paraplegic so reducing water weight, inflammation and putting my body into a state where it burns fat is important to me where I can’t ever burn the same number of calories as a regular person for a given exercise. For me the biggest thing this did was cut out processed pre packaged food and I feel so much better for it.

People that got vegan from a standard diet generally have the same response, although you can be an unhealthy vegetarian - chips, vegan burger, bread, pizza etc are just as unhealthy whether vegan or not.

The question really is should the fast food industry continue to benefit from tax breaks and handouts or should they be taxed in line with the additional cost on society they imbuke? The cost on healthcare due to obesity and heart disease alone is a huge drain on society... there should be studies on the diets and work done to change this, and increase access to healthy food for all. Or we can say it’s personal responsibility and assume that the loss of productivity, drain on the society and getting kids addicted from a young age doesn’t effect you, it does. And although the guvment, shouldn’t tell you what you can and can’t eat and what your kids can and can’t eat, if they don’t allow smoking in the primary school cafeteria, then they also shouldn’t allow McDonald which in the long run, repeated use and exposure creates a health crisis and addiction very similar to smoking. But unlike smoke McDonald’s can market directly to kids and use characters and manipulation to connect their food to fun and excitement and friendship that cigarettes can’t do. I think part of a government mandate should be to protect children from predators at school, and fast food and soft drinks in schools are clear predators. But maybe protecting children is socialism I don’t know.

Either way be healthy people and think about what you are eating. Knowledge is power and taking control of what you eat takes knowledge and a commitment. For all those trying to lose weight two simple concepts can really help - eat fresh food, and know the approximate calories. It’ll start to become second nature and get easier. Ignore the diets that replace calories with numbers and pre packaged weight watchers meals and whatever because they devalue knowledge and try to make it ‘simple’ which also makes it unsustainable.

Also if you have a chest meal or an off day it’s fine, just know the calories and adjust over the coming days. You won’t under the progress as quickly as you think.
Spagina767
2/19/2020 4:37pm
VetMX.com wrote:
Man, this shit is simple. Butcherbox.com, grass fed ribeye steaks, chicken and scallops, cruciferous vegetables eaten between 2PM and 8PM ( IF, 8-16), Organic salad with...

APLMAN99 wrote:
Just for clarity, a 5'11" person with a weight of 185lbs has a BMI of 25.8, not "9%"...…….
Reading between the lines, he meant body fat %...
Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
2/19/2020 4:52pm
VetMX.com wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
Spagina767 wrote:
I think you’re right. Although without regular activity and working as a desk jockey, that assumes a certain level of muscle mass that the lifestyle as presented wouldn’t maintain...
Philly215
2/19/2020 4:54pm
It’s a bunch of BS and get gullible people to buy things.

All that matters is total calories, hitting your macro numbers, and getting your micronutrients.

There’s a reason why Olympians are eating McDonald’s DURING the olympics. Michael Phelps eats that stuff breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Diet is simple. Don’t complicate it.
APLMAN99
2/19/2020 5:44pm
VetMX.com wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
Spagina767 wrote:
Reading between the lines, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Especially with his reply.
VetMX.com
2/19/2020 7:00pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Spagina767 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Reading between the lines, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Especially with his reply.
9% body fat to clear it up for the simps.

Post a pic of your abs w/ your age or sit down and STFU. I shared what is working for me. I have a feeling the :44 second mark in this video is a message for you.. Prove otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOO_HvvRMSc
APLMAN99
2/19/2020 7:04pm
Spagina767 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
VetMX.com wrote:
9% body fat to clear it up for the simps. Post a pic of your abs w/ your age or sit down and STFU. I shared...
9% body fat to clear it up for the simps.

Post a pic of your abs w/ your age or sit down and STFU. I shared what is working for me. I have a feeling the :44 second mark in this video is a message for you.. Prove otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOO_HvvRMSc
So twice you posted about BMI without having a clue what it even was......

That’s as stupid as when you made up the bullshit about Marshawn Lynch making gang signs.....
VetMX.com
2/19/2020 8:48pm
>>>>That’s as stupid as when you made up the bullshit about Marshawn Lynch making gang signs.....<<<
WTF are you talking about Fatty?

Once again, post your abs or STFU Fatty. Apple man. ****CRICKETS****

Why do retards want to knock something that is working and shared to help others? I have $0 to gain arguing with Fat Boy here, not selling anything, just telling you what works for this old man. I freaking hate the gym and I have one here at the ranch. Just changing when and what I eat changed everything but I guess I am the AHole?

Post your abs and your age or GTFO of here. If you are my age and are as lean as me then respect. If you are the sloth I picture, than just KYS or try something that works.
I am done with you retard.
arunkxf
2/20/2020 1:19am
bvm111 wrote:
arunkxf wrote:

bvm111 wrote:
I’m not trying to start anything... But you can tell your friend we don’t have those to tear at hemp or soy... just sayin! I am...
I’m not trying to start anything... But you can tell your friend we don’t have those to tear at hemp or soy... just sayin! I am not advocating for a carnivore diet or that a more plant based diet isn’t a good idea. I am just saying that we have them to tear at food and meat or packing tape for that matter... to state otherwise is just not being honest.
I'm not saying eat no meat, I'm saying the ratio will be more veg, complex carbs, nuts fruit etc...

I personally eat meat, but I'm not one that has to have meat to make a meal a meal. I'm happy with a veg option and have a few days a week where I don't eat meat.
APLMAN99
2/20/2020 6:04am
VetMX.com wrote:
>>>>That’s as stupid as when you made up the bullshit about Marshawn Lynch making gang signs.....<<< WTF are you talking about Fatty? Once again, post your...
>>>>That’s as stupid as when you made up the bullshit about Marshawn Lynch making gang signs.....<<<
WTF are you talking about Fatty?

Once again, post your abs or STFU Fatty. Apple man. ****CRICKETS****

Why do retards want to knock something that is working and shared to help others? I have $0 to gain arguing with Fat Boy here, not selling anything, just telling you what works for this old man. I freaking hate the gym and I have one here at the ranch. Just changing when and what I eat changed everything but I guess I am the AHole?

Post your abs and your age or GTFO of here. If you are my age and are as lean as me then respect. If you are the sloth I picture, than just KYS or try something that works.
I am done with you retard.
Whether you are thin or not isn't the issue.

I pointed out that at your claimed height and weight that your BMI is 25.8. You obviously didn't understand what BMI is because you replied with a supposed picture of yourself asking if it looked like a 25.8 BMI torso. That revealed even more ignorance on your part, as BMI is a height/weight ratio, and not something that is simply visible by lifting one's shirt up a few inches.

You obviously didn't understand what BMI is, and now you are embarrassed and feel the need to lash out. That's understandable I guess.

You are correct that I am a tub of goo, though. I'm 6'5, 290 with a very high BMI. But that doesn't affect my ability to read and understand things like what BMI actually means.

And yes, you were the asshole who claimed that Marshawn Lynch was flashing some sort of imaginary gang sign in the o'neal thread a while back.
2/20/2020 6:14am
I don't know why this thread isn't in the dumgeon yet.

There are Ironman athletes (fittest people in the world) who are vegan. There are weedy gamers who are vegan. There are omnivorous Ironman athletes. There are plenty of obese omnivours.

On this topic, the science is out and nothing is certain. Do what works for you.
2/20/2020 7:22am
ledger wrote:
Serious question...how do Vegetarians acquire enough protein to sustain muscle ? All I can add to this thread is...Life changed for the better when I stopped...
Serious question...how do Vegetarians acquire enough protein to sustain muscle ? All I can add to this thread is...Life changed for the better when I stopped eating processed foods and cut sugar out of my life.
arunkxf wrote:
Soya based foods, nuts, meat substitutes, lentils. There are loads of alternatives nowadays. You just have to be imaginative. Countries in Asia, e.g India, meat is...
Soya based foods, nuts, meat substitutes, lentils. There are loads of alternatives nowadays. You just have to be imaginative. Countries in Asia, e.g India, meat is a luxury and are often fully vegetarian and still consume enough protein
Meat isn't a luxury in India. They just choose to worship their cows. Also which asian countries? I've traveled throughout Asia. Meat is not a luxury

Post a reply to: “The Game Changers” movie and plant based diet performance benefits for MX.

The Latest