The GH GP track...

Crush
4/28/2010 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 3:25pm
Looks unreal!!! Way better than the national track last year for sure!!!

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/UNITED-STATES-GRAND-PRIX-PR…
|
Cigaro
4/28/2010 8:11pm
Honestly this is one track I woulda loved to ride as far as California MX goes.I'm not impressed with Pala whatsoever by watching the vids.

Maybe Glen Helen will be in the series again in the future.Couldn't imagine if we lost Red Bud on the series.
line-up
4/28/2010 8:17pm
UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX PREPARATION:
While testing at Glen Helen the MXA wrecking crew snapped a few picks of some USGP track changes
Here are some photos of Glen Helen's U.S. Grand Prix track preparation. Although the GP isn't for another month, Glen Helen has been incorporating some of the design into the track every week (and using the practice days and weekend races to make adjustments). The current goal is to get the lay-of-the­land down with the track, so that it can be fenced. The actual track obstacles are about two weeks away.
It should be noted that Glen Helen is building the exact track that they planned to build for the AMA 250/450 National (and they submitted a track map to MX Sports back in February). Glen Helen will be testing the layout with weekly upgrades and changes, but the first real test of the complete track will be at the May 16 "MTA-sponsored Prequel" race (which is officially the World Four-Stroke Championship race). See the poster below. This race pays a $26,000 purse to the pro class (and includes Novice, Intermediate, Vet and other classes). It is held one week before Hangtown and is a chance for all the AMA National riders to test their mettle in two-30 minute motos (separate races for both 250 and 450 Pros)
Outsider
4/28/2010 8:22pm
Looks good!
jaeckle
4/28/2010 10:14pm
That track is going to be awesome. As usual. Major loss for the US Nationals. It's going to be a great GP. Yes the asthetics of the place are horrible but its California. What do you expect? Mx Sports must have wanted them to sod and water the entire place or something. It's ok. After the opening round at Hangtown they take a 2 week break and hit the mother of all tracks. Freestone Texas baby! If that place is not the epitome of the heritage of US motocross tracks then what is. lmao

The Shop

Ddavis
4/29/2010 12:01am
I wish I could race on that track, looks gnarly.
jamma10
4/29/2010 1:36am
Wonder how the MTA Prequel/GP lap times will compare.
mxwrench66
4/29/2010 2:16am
jamma10 wrote:
Who cares!!!?????
jamma10
4/29/2010 2:51am
jamma10 wrote:
mxwrench66 wrote:
Who cares!!!?????
So you wont be in the slightest bit intrigued?
PaleBlue
4/29/2010 5:09am
jamma10 wrote:
mxwrench66 wrote:
Who cares!!!?????
jamma10 wrote:
I doubt that anybody will be in the slightest bit interested - UNTIL both sets of times are known and one side have some more amunition in this stupid squabble.
OW38B
Fantasy
148th
4/29/2010 8:06am
I raced the new section in the 2 stroke World Champs, It was a fun, technical section.

Should be a great track and a great race, no matter what some think in here.
mxwrench66
4/29/2010 10:23am
mxwrench66 wrote:
Who cares!!!?????
jamma10 wrote:
PaleBlue wrote:
I doubt that anybody will be in the slightest bit interested - UNTIL both sets of times are known and one [i]side[/i] have some more amunition...
I doubt that anybody will be in the slightest bit interested - UNTIL both sets of times are known and one side have some more amunition in this stupid squabble.
The whole World GP vs. USA is a pointless debate. The top americans will never race in europe apart from des nations. Quit calling out the americans! They have nothing else to prove. Call out the GP racers to race hangtown. That is your only shot of the match ups you want to see!
jamma10
4/29/2010 10:39am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:29pm
jamma10 wrote:
PaleBlue wrote:
I doubt that anybody will be in the slightest bit interested - UNTIL both sets of times are known and one [i]side[/i] have some more amunition...
mxwrench66 wrote:
The whole World GP vs. USA is a pointless debate. The top americans will never race in europe apart from des nations. Quit calling out the...
The whole World GP vs. USA is a pointless debate. The top americans will never race in europe apart from des nations. Quit calling out the americans! They have nothing else to prove. Call out the GP racers to race hangtown. That is your only shot of the match ups you want to see!
Calm down, who the is calling anyone out??

I think your Euro Alert radar just malfunctioned or something.

Since the GP was first announced I have maintained the opinion that if I was contesting the Nationals there would be no way I would risk injury by riding Glen Helen. It would nice to see some riders line up sure, but I perfectly understand the reasons not to.

I simply suggested that it might be interesting to see what the lap times were like, seeing as we probably wont get to see them all race together. It wasn't meant to be a loaded remark and I certainly know there are too many variables to call it a technically sound comparison.
mxwrench66
4/29/2010 1:08pm
This was a topic to show photos of the Glen Helen track and you hijacked into another who's better thread. haha oh well
pie8man
4/29/2010 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2010 1:45pm
GH on big race weekends, when they let everyone run the big hills is worth way more then the price of admission. It should be a great GP!!
DanDunes818
4/29/2010 1:22pm
I can't wait... It's going to be awesome. I just hope we can see it live on Freecaster.tv . I doubt it though. Most of the USA events that Freecaster.tv covers are blacked out here in the USA due to some local TV owning the rights. Like Freecaster covered the Xgames but they couldn't show it on their site here in the USA due to ESPN owning it.

I love the GP wave sections and I'm glad Jody is putting one in. The way the GP track builders build them there's never a flowing rhythm to them and I hope Jody does the same. They should be called the energy draining sections because they seem to always have to hammer their way through them.
sharkey
4/29/2010 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:29pm
i wonder what the GP guys will think about the triple step up> hope Carioli, and all th fast guys bust that thing out. do they have any big jumps like that over on that side of the pond
pmcc
4/29/2010 2:26pm
did you not see the up hill triple at the mxdn last year?
jimmie
4/29/2010 5:14pm
Like everyone else here, that course promises to an awesome race!!!!!!!!!

Dang it, I have (and want) to attend my niece's wedding in Arizona.

You all enjoy the race in lieu of my attendance, if at all possible.Whistling
sharkey
4/29/2010 8:50pm
pmcc wrote:
no i dont remember any jump like the one at GH size there. its one of the biggest on the ama circuit. does anyone know how big it is?
DanDunes818
4/29/2010 8:57pm
pmcc wrote:
sharkey wrote:
no i dont remember any jump like the one at GH size there. its one of the biggest on the ama circuit. does anyone know how...
no i dont remember any jump like the one at GH size there. its one of the biggest on the ama circuit. does anyone know how big it is?
Sharkey.. The GPs have changed a bunch in the last 5 years. I don't know if you watched the Des Nations last year but there was 3 or 4 jumps that would of been considered HUGE by AMA national track standards.. If it's doable the top GP guys will be doing it with both 250's and 450s.
Team Euro
4/29/2010 10:27pm
pmcc wrote:
sharkey wrote:
no i dont remember any jump like the one at GH size there. its one of the biggest on the ama circuit. does anyone know how...
Sharkey.. The GPs have changed a bunch in the last 5 years. I don't know if you watched the Des Nations last year but there was...
Sharkey.. The GPs have changed a bunch in the last 5 years. I don't know if you watched the Des Nations last year but there was 3 or 4 jumps that would of been considered HUGE by AMA national track standards.. If it's doable the top GP guys will be doing it with both 250's and 450s.
Our GP courses are laid out to have a race between the riders rather than a obstacle course. Whoops have been outlawed for years hence the "wave " sections with the odd spacing and sometimes a alternate track section next to it. Since our tracks are groomed less between races our riders tend to value flexible line choices and a rider strategy to match.This is where Everts and Ramon shine in thier energy conservation, line choices and just enough speed to win. US riders tend to have a hard time with the GP tracks. Mike Brown adapted well but his age showed, Sean Hamblin had a problem learning how to put in 1 fast qualifying lap and didn`t make some start grids. Another US rider (I forgot his name) went home with "blisters" and never qualified for a race. Zack came over and was a bright star for a race or two but has settled into the top 10 scene. Albertson is learning and looks to become a good GP rider. My home GP track in Sweden use to have a 70 meter tabletop following a uphill 5th gear rutted corner,

Post a reply to: The GH GP track...

The Latest