The Dungey/Bowers Double Standard

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/12/2016 5:40pm
UpTiTe wrote:
I'm a Dungey fan and will admit that it was 100% his fault. I really don't think he ment to do it, but it was his...
I'm a Dungey fan and will admit that it was 100% his fault. I really don't think he ment to do it, but it was his fault. just like when you nail the back of a car when they slam on their brakes, you may not of meant to do it, but it was your fault.

Saying it was Stewys fault because he cut down is completely retarded, he had the point so line choice is his. Look past your bias and see it for what it was, a racing incident that was Dungeys fault.

This guy gets it. ^^^

I'm just glad neither rider was hurt any worse.
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
1/12/2016 5:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2016 5:55pm
smee113 wrote:
I find it interesting that most people are giving Dungey a complete pass for what happened with him and Stewart at A1, when many people blamed...
I find it interesting that most people are giving Dungey a complete pass for what happened with him and Stewart at A1, when many people blamed Bowers (at least partially) for what happened with Webb last year.

1) Stewart and Webb both cut down pretty hard on the exit of the turn.

2) Dungey and Bowers both cut to the inside, but Dungey cut to the inside much harder.

How is it fair to blame Bowers, and not blame Dungey?

Bowers/Webb incident - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3tuaIjVwUo
Dungey/Stewart incident - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa5ypXSKH30
I'm sorry but GD, have you ever raced? When you are going at that speed coming down the backside of a triple you can't stop. It was a racing incident and anyone that thinks different is a moron, or just doesn't understand racing.
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
1/12/2016 6:04pm
From Le Cobra:

You’re like me and saw nothing wrong with the Stew/Dungey collision right?

It was the definition of two riders being at the wrong place at the same time. Dungey made a little mistake and was a few feet inside of his regular line. Bubba went wide and squared off Anderson to put himself in the position to pass him on the dragon’s back after the finish line. My view on it is that James has tough time to race while being around other guys. It always seems like he thinks he races by himself. It’s like if you drive your Ridgeline down the freeway but never use your mirrors to change lanes. At one point, you got to get into an accident. Also, early in the race when the riders aren’t spread out yet, you shouldn’t really go in the turns super wide and square them super sharp. There’s always someone coming in tight from the inside and you can easily get into a head to head collision. I really hope Stew is ok and will be able to race in San Diego. We need him out there.
racerx317
1/12/2016 10:02pm
Let's not wussify MX like the NFL. It's racing.... This kind of thing happens in racing and that's also what makes it so awesome! Also, unlike the NFL, MX racers don't earn a league minimum of $500k so fining riders in excess amounts is really not a good option because while it may not be a big deal to the top factory guys... It'll crush many privateers. Now that a standard has been set at $5k and a two race suspension for fighting... Well that will end a complete season for many privateers so it's a slippery slope. You want to maintain a safe racing environment, but we also need to allow the racing to be fun for racers and fans... Part of that is a little bar banging. If you couldn't tell the Dungey incident at A1 was unintentional and certainly not deserving of any punishment or fine well you are probably one of those people that aided in the wussification of other sports like the NFL. Do us all a favor and go watch golf instead.

The Shop

RG1
1/13/2016 1:09am
moto455va wrote:
Calling what Bowers did a "racing incident?" Give me a fuckin break, the guy made his career by smashing into people.
That maybe true, but it doesn't mean he meant to wipe Webb out in this case. I think both are racing incidents
bobojim
1/13/2016 1:47am
smee113 wrote:
I find it interesting that most people are giving Dungey a complete pass for what happened with him and Stewart at A1, when many people blamed...
I find it interesting that most people are giving Dungey a complete pass for what happened with him and Stewart at A1, when many people blamed Bowers (at least partially) for what happened with Webb last year.

2) Dungey and Bowers both cut to the inside, but Dungey cut to the inside much harder.

I find it interesting that most people can't tell the difference between the two incidents
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
1/13/2016 2:52am
smee113 wrote:

bobojim wrote:
I find it interesting that most people can't tell the difference between the two incidents
IMO, Bowers did it on purpose. Looks like he even got his body ready for the impact. Bowers even said he would take him out, Bowers is known for taking people out, Dungey isn't.

Yes, I would love to see WP and Bowers go at it OFF THE TRACK LOL!
The Champ
1/13/2016 6:36am
Flip109 wrote:
I wonder if Pieck would try to punch bowers like Friese. Be a good one!
UpTiTe wrote:
I think Bowers would handle him.
Yup. This whole weston is a badass thing is completely retarded.
lumpy790
1/13/2016 9:05pm
moto455va wrote:
Calling what Bowers did a "racing incident?" Give me a fuckin break, the guy made his career by smashing into people.
RG1 wrote:
That maybe true, but it doesn't mean he meant to wipe Webb out in this case. I think both are racing incidents
Bowers should be sponsored by Black & Decker drills
JRMX59
1/13/2016 9:09pm
Man everyone wanted Dungey to up the intensity, to be more aggressive. Well now he is and sometimes these things happen when the racing is closer. Racing incident, yes, move on.
Mit12
1/13/2016 9:13pm
There is no double standard. It is simple, Stewart is more popular than Dungey. Webb is more popular than Bowers. The more popular you are with the fans the more the fans will see things in your favor.
1/13/2016 9:16pm
UpTiTe wrote:
I'm a Dungey fan and will admit that it was 100% his fault. I really don't think he ment to do it, but it was his...
I'm a Dungey fan and will admit that it was 100% his fault. I really don't think he ment to do it, but it was his fault. just like when you nail the back of a car when they slam on their brakes, you may not of meant to do it, but it was your fault.

Saying it was Stewys fault because he cut down is completely retarded, he had the point so line choice is his. Look past your bias and see it for what it was, a racing incident that was Dungeys fault.

Well said
1/13/2016 9:28pm
moto455va wrote:
Exactly. That is why Bowers gets more flack...because he has pulled moves like that more times in the past. RD...has he EVER pulled a move like that.
jeffro503
1/13/2016 10:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2016 10:07pm
Flip109 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Bowers and Weston are both good dudes. The difference in case any of you genius's haven't figured it out yet is....Vince has been taking shots at Weston for 3yrs. Do I see Bower's cleaning out RD? Why?....Why would he? And has he been taking out RD for 3yrs? Maybe I missed that part of the comparison? On top of, they don't even race the same class.

And comparing RD's move this weekend to how aggressive Bower's rides??....Really? What...The...Fuck?

Oh yeah....Dungey has been such a dirty rider , so we should all compare him to Vince Freise.

If there was a word I could think of that could belittle someone as much as to call them a retard......I would have used it towards the guys slamming either RD or James in this indecent. Things happen so damn fast out there , that some of you think it plays out in slow motion. Some " retards " can't seem to get past this thing between Weston and Vince either...thinking it's a one time thing. Wake the fuck up! And while you're at it , put yourself in Weston's shoes for a change. And while you're at it...put yourself in RD and James shoe's.

This fucking board gets more stupid by the day! Angry Why did I even post in this thread. Pure fucking stupidity!
jeffro503
1/13/2016 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2016 11:04pm
Flip109 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
The Champ wrote:
Yup. This whole weston is a badass thing is completely retarded.
nevermind...
1/13/2016 10:42pm
This slow motion shit really fogs opinion.

Dudes are racing. Pushing the envelope. Racing incident crashes are nobody's fault. Shit happens.
h&m_cycle
1/13/2016 10:43pm
smee113 wrote:

Maybe get a job or find a cure for cancer... WTF... It's a bunch of 180 degree turns set up for a clown circus...
What do you expect?

You know what? It will happen this week too... They're racing in a fish bowl...
1/14/2016 6:40am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
IMO, Bowers did it on purpose. Looks like he even got his body ready for the impact. Bowers even said he would take him out, Bowers...
IMO, Bowers did it on purpose. Looks like he even got his body ready for the impact. Bowers even said he would take him out, Bowers is known for taking people out, Dungey isn't.

Yes, I would love to see WP and Bowers go at it OFF THE TRACK LOL!
When and where did Bowers say that? You are confusing Bowers with Webb. The weekend before, Webb took Bowers off the track and Bowers was cool on the podium saying it was just racing. Webb, on the other hand, said that he was going to take Bowers out in the future. Have we resorted to just randomly making up sh!t to support our "IMOs"?
Jimmy_Sloan
1/14/2016 6:52am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2016 6:56am
jeffro503 wrote:
Bowers and Weston are both good dudes. The difference in case any of you genius's haven't figured it out yet is....Vince has been taking shots at...
Bowers and Weston are both good dudes. The difference in case any of you genius's haven't figured it out yet is....Vince has been taking shots at Weston for 3yrs. Do I see Bower's cleaning out RD? Why?....Why would he? And has he been taking out RD for 3yrs? Maybe I missed that part of the comparison? On top of, they don't even race the same class.

And comparing RD's move this weekend to how aggressive Bower's rides??....Really? What...The...Fuck?

Oh yeah....Dungey has been such a dirty rider , so we should all compare him to Vince Freise.

If there was a word I could think of that could belittle someone as much as to call them a retard......I would have used it towards the guys slamming either RD or James in this indecent. Things happen so damn fast out there , that some of you think it plays out in slow motion. Some " retards " can't seem to get past this thing between Weston and Vince either...thinking it's a one time thing. Wake the fuck up! And while you're at it , put yourself in Weston's shoes for a change. And while you're at it...put yourself in RD and James shoe's.

This fucking board gets more stupid by the day! Angry Why did I even post in this thread. Pure fucking stupidity!
Well said, Jeff. Also, I don't think Weston really goes around talking like he could beat everyone up. It's just kind of a fun(ish) thing on the internet. However, I do agree with the fine and Weston does have a history of letting his temper get the best of him (remember when he almost punched a flagger?).
1/14/2016 10:10am
MR. X wrote:
Just add it to the huge list of times that Dungey has railroaded someone in a turn Blink
I would really like to see a copy of that list. The main complaint on RD5 through the years is that he is not aggressive enough. Show me a list or cite incidents where he railroaded anyone in a turn. If you don't like the guy, then that's OK. But it's pretty pitiful to have to make up crap to discredit him.
1/14/2016 11:19am
MR. X wrote:
Just add it to the huge list of times that Dungey has railroaded someone in a turn Blink
I would really like to see a copy of that list. The main complaint on RD5 through the years is that he is not aggressive enough...
I would really like to see a copy of that list. The main complaint on RD5 through the years is that he is not aggressive enough. Show me a list or cite incidents where he railroaded anyone in a turn. If you don't like the guy, then that's OK. But it's pretty pitiful to have to make up crap to discredit him.
Pretty sure Mr. X posts is sarcasm - He is saying the same thing as you. (And I agree with both of you.)
1/14/2016 12:30pm
MR. X wrote:
I would really like to see a copy of that list. The main complaint on RD5 through the years is that he is not aggressive enough...
Pretty sure Mr. X posts is sarcasm - He is saying the same thing as you. (And I agree with both of you.)
Well, I guess that one went right over my head, apologies. Guess I was just overdue to make an ignorant statement. Just don't like to see a hard working guy get blind-sided with a bunch of trash talk.
etccb
1/14/2016 12:45pm
Watch the last 3 feet of each to impact and there is nothing similar between bowers and dungy in these two incidents.
Both at fault, yes....but different.
jeffro503
1/14/2016 1:24pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Bowers and Weston are both good dudes. The difference in case any of you genius's haven't figured it out yet is....Vince has been taking shots at...

Well said, Jeff. Also, I don't think Weston really goes around talking like he could beat everyone up. It's just kind of a fun(ish) thing on...
Well said, Jeff. Also, I don't think Weston really goes around talking like he could beat everyone up. It's just kind of a fun(ish) thing on the internet. However, I do agree with the fine and Weston does have a history of letting his temper get the best of him (remember when he almost punched a flagger?).
Oh I agree 100% James. Believe me , I "know " Weston regrets doing that on TV. And yes , he shouldn't have done that , at least not on the big screen. I am pretty sure he understands the fines and penalty he got for doing it to. I don't agree with what I saw him do either , as I wish it could have happened in the tunnel , in the pits or just away from the race all together.

Take this thread for example towards my earlier rant. Comparing RD's style vs Tyler's style? RD has been one of , if not the cleanest riders I've ever seen. And Tyler ( I'm actually a big fan of his style and technique on a bike...awesome skill set! )...but he is and can be overly aggressive at times. He had to be / get that way in the AX series to survive. But even Tyler can't compare to Vince in SX or outdoor MX as far as putting riders on the ground. In AX Tyler for sure can be aggressive , but most all the fast guys in that series are.

With that being said , I think Vince would do very well in AX , and I wish they would look into him competing in that series instead of SX. Seems a better fit.
coolhand
1/14/2016 1:36pm
DV has been there, done that, at that level...

So why are you ladies still bitching?
motomike137
1/14/2016 3:23pm
coolhand wrote:
DV has been there, done that, at that level...

So why are you ladies still bitching?
Because racers are some of the most jaded, stubborn, opinionated f-ckers walking the earth. Think DV would have the same opinion if it was him instead of Stewart?
1/14/2016 3:26pm
I think there is a double standard, and it exists because of the actions of each of these riders over many previous years.
Canadad
1/14/2016 3:35pm
If the question is why is Dungey treated differently than Bowers......its quite simple.

Dungey handles himself in a professional and respectful manner on and off the track and has gained the respect of his peers and fans alike. Bowers not so much.

Every decision you make in life shapes your reputation, yes, even how you eat your peas.

Davis809
1/14/2016 6:41pm
Spydee wrote:
You honestly think Dungey was intentionally aiming to take Bubba out? It was a racing incident - wrong place, wrong time. End of.
This. Bowers was intentional, maybe didn't want to hit as hard, but usually an aggressive rider. Even admitted to it a few times on the podium. Dungey, you can see his front tire cased it which popped his back wheel up and he didn't have much time or back brake control.

Post a reply to: The Dungey/Bowers Double Standard

The Latest