The Crash!

Sonny
1/19/2010 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2010 8:31pm
If Reeds hand was in the grip position and fell "towards the finger" it will snap the outer bone with ease. It happened to me at a D34 race many years ago. It's called a boxers fracture.I guess it's also one of the casualties of getting things straight with your old lady.

YZBooster
1/19/2010 9:16pm
Normally, I'd say it was a weak get together, but in this case it was the top two riders in the US, and possibly the world...
Normally, I'd say it was a weak get together, but in this case it was the top two riders in the US, and possibly the world, so I'm gonna take the high road on this one.
trombone, stop posting; your avatar is jacking me up!Silly
YZBooster
1/19/2010 9:19pm
Sonny wrote:
If Reeds hand was in the grip position and fell "towards the finger" it will snap the outer bone with ease. It happened to me at...
If Reeds hand was in the grip position and fell "towards the finger" it will snap the outer bone with ease. It happened to me at a D34 race many years ago. It's called a boxers fracture.I guess it's also one of the casualties of getting things straight with your old lady.

I heard it was his wrist
mxpaul1976
1/19/2010 9:26pm
Shenzi wrote:
From Kiney Jones and Cycle News [img]http://www.cyclenews.com/files/news_articles/supercross/1001/phoenix/reed-stewart-crash-01-z.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.cyclenews.com/files/news_articles/supercross/1001/phoenix/reed-stewart-crash-02-z.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.cyclenews.com/files/news_articles/supercross/1001/phoenix/reed-stewart-crash-03-z.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.cyclenews.com/files/news_articles/supercross/1001/phoenix/reed-stewart-crash-04-z.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.cyclenews.com/files/news_articles/supercross/1001/phoenix/reed-stewart-crash-05-z.jpg[/img]
From Kiney Jones and Cycle News

I had noticed that as well...weird choice...

The Shop

yzeped
1/19/2010 9:36pm
Were's the photo of the head-shot?
need love
1/19/2010 9:55pm
need love wrote:
Ok here's the deal Chad's a very sore looser and he'd run over his own grandma if it meant gettin ahead in life. I'm just glad...
Ok here's the deal Chad's a very sore looser and he'd run over his own grandma if it meant gettin ahead in life. I'm just glad James is still able to chase after the title. Dungey is riding awsosme and its gonna be great when ryan's hand heals up all the way. Reed took himself out of a title and now he has to live with it what a Kangaroo punk...
TheWeapon wrote:
Another example of what we don't need here. Do you know the guy personally? I think not.... The impression you get about someone from seeing them...
Another example of what we don't need here.

Do you know the guy personally?

I think not....

The impression you get about someone from seeing them in the media is most likely completely different to what they are like behind the scenes.
The weapon, ya more like youve been wanting chads weapon. your just a salad eating fool that don't know real talent when ya see it. try routing for chad like next year when he's off the radar for like good. That kangaroo punk..........just ask the penguin he's the only cat around here that really knows anything all the other fools are getting paid to say their story...........
creed
1/19/2010 10:07pm
Yep Dave is right again Lil Jimmy pulled Chad off his bike, what has happenned to the pit security video.
Fuck that must have cost some coin to have that wiped.
wildbill
1/19/2010 10:55pm
nice scene...

too bad bdw didn't get it.
czernik
1/20/2010 7:28am
yzeped wrote:
is there a shot from the other side of the berm......
lucero10x
1/20/2010 7:51am
yzeped wrote:
czernik wrote:
is there a shot from the other side of the berm......
my seats were on the other side of that berm. unless there was a photog standing on top of it you weren't going to see it. Pretty deep berm. Maybe the guys sitting up higher could see into it the corner.
raddad
1/20/2010 8:30am
need love wrote:
Ok here's the deal Chad's a very sore looser and he'd run over his own grandma if it meant gettin ahead in life. I'm just glad...
Ok here's the deal Chad's a very sore looser and he'd run over his own grandma if it meant gettin ahead in life. I'm just glad James is still able to chase after the title. Dungey is riding awsosme and its gonna be great when ryan's hand heals up all the way. Reed took himself out of a title and now he has to live with it what a Kangaroo punk...
TheWeapon wrote:
Another example of what we don't need here. Do you know the guy personally? I think not.... The impression you get about someone from seeing them...

I think not....

The impression you get about someone from seeing them in the media is most likely completely different to what they are like behind the scenes.
need love wrote:
The weapon, ya more like youve been wanting chads weapon. your just a salad eating fool that don't know real talent when ya see it. try...
The weapon, ya more like youve been wanting chads weapon. your just a salad eating fool that don't know real talent when ya see it. try routing for chad like next year when he's off the radar for like good. That kangaroo punk..........just ask the penguin he's the only cat around here that really knows anything all the other fools are getting paid to say their story...........
this HAS to be BL.. all the trademarks are hereSmile
88sdad
1/20/2010 8:34am
TheWeapon wrote:

I think not....

need love wrote:
The weapon, ya more like youve been wanting chads weapon. your just a salad eating fool that don't know real talent when ya see it. try...
raddad wrote:
Your obsession with BL is pathetic.
1/20/2010 8:40am
creed wrote:
Yep Dave is right again Lil Jimmy pulled Chad off his bike, what has happenned to the pit security video. Fuck that must have cost some...
Yep Dave is right again Lil Jimmy pulled Chad off his bike, what has happenned to the pit security video.
Fuck that must have cost some coin to have that wiped.
Are there really dumbasses that think that is what happened? Watch your TV. They showed a different angle and you can see James' arm and hand are down to the side. Pulled him off his bike? That is laughable at best, not to mention that is the side that was fucked up when he crossed over and got landed on.
raddad
1/20/2010 8:40am
need love wrote:
raddad wrote:
88sdad wrote:
Your obsession with BL is pathetic.
Dean?
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
1/20/2010 9:23am
Sonny wrote:
If Reeds hand was in the grip position and fell "towards the finger" it will snap the outer bone with ease. It happened to me at...

Boxers fracture. I have suffered that fracture myself. As you may remember you went hands in first as I did. Chad didnt.

GSXR - thank you for the laugh today.
1/20/2010 9:43am
GuyB wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out if the fracture happened on the impact, or when they went down.
Wish we had a few photos leading up to the first in this series.
JackLHyde
1/20/2010 10:43am
Still can't believe this little crash is blown up so big. If it happened to any other riders, nobody would care. Was it on purpose? Don't think so. Reed's broken hand was just bad luck. To me three big things happened in Phoenix.

1. Dungey proved he is for real.
2. Stewart vs. Partridge.
3. Reed started bad. Again.
Kasims
Fantasy
3964th
1/20/2010 11:00am
Crash happened only because JS doesnt know how to react in block pass situation or forgot since RC not racing anymore... :D Maybe will start learn with a time... :D

Post a reply to: The Crash!

The Latest