The Conversation Broc Tickle

500guy
9/25/2018 12:28pm
Moto96 wrote:
Zaugg wrote: #1. This isn't an MMA forum so please stop making the comparison like you know the fine details of Tickle's case #2. Please don't...
Zaugg wrote:
#1. This isn't an MMA forum so please stop making the comparison like you know the fine details of Tickle's case
#2. Please don't explain how the two are related. Your MMA example is great if we're comparing apples to apples but we're not.

I dont give a crap between MMA or Moto. Its all governed Under WADA, and the same list applies to every sport.

Also, the time frames for notifications is roughly the same when you compare James, Clason, or Tickle, or any other sport. So as of now, Tickle is still slightly under what even most MMA people get notified of a sentence by either Wada or the athletic commissions at their meetings.
So everyone wanting immediate actions aren't going to get it.
At the end of October will be 6 months from the start of his suspension.

People need to let it go, but they keep bringing it up.

Doesn't matter if it's normal or not, the process takes to long

Original testing needs to be done within 2 weeks, then notification and 2 more weeks to test sample b , then no more than a week to 10 days to rule. 6 weeks and it's a done deal.

if they can't do it, the Riders and the Organizers need to demand a change.
Moto96
9/25/2018 12:45pm
Moto96 wrote:
Zaugg wrote: #1. This isn't an MMA forum so please stop making the comparison like you know the fine details of Tickle's case #2. Please don't...
Zaugg wrote:
#1. This isn't an MMA forum so please stop making the comparison like you know the fine details of Tickle's case
#2. Please don't explain how the two are related. Your MMA example is great if we're comparing apples to apples but we're not.

I dont give a crap between MMA or Moto. Its all governed Under WADA, and the same list applies to every sport.

Also, the time frames for notifications is roughly the same when you compare James, Clason, or Tickle, or any other sport. So as of now, Tickle is still slightly under what even most MMA people get notified of a sentence by either Wada or the athletic commissions at their meetings.

500guy wrote:
Doesn't matter if it's normal or not, the process takes to long Original testing needs to be done within 2 weeks, then notification and 2 more...

Original testing needs to be done within 2 weeks, then notification and 2 more weeks to test sample b , then no more than a week to 10 days to rule. 6 weeks and it's a done deal.

Who do you propose pays for the expedited tests?

They cant rule in ten days. What if someone says, I took this this and this, heres my stuff, test it. That's another test. Then that whole process starts. Do you even know what they do in that case?

SMH.
dkg
9/25/2018 1:06pm
keinz wrote:
What the fuck FIM got to do with this? Morons
FIM is a signatory to the code. The obligations of a signatory are:

The term “World Anti-Doping Code signatory” refers to an organization that has fully accepted the Code and accompanying International Standards. All Code signatories are listed on WADA’s website here.

Code acceptance means that a sport organization agrees to the principles of the Code and agrees to implement and comply with the Code.

Once a sport organization accepts the Code, it then needs to implement it. Code implementation means that a sport organization amends its rules and policies to include the mandatory articles and principles of the Code.

Finally, enforcement refers to the sport organization actually enforcing its amended rules and policies in accordance with the Code.

WADA monitors implementation of and compliance with the Code.

So basically, it seems a lot of the problems stem from FIM's implementation. Not the WADA code itself. Basically FIM needs to be more responsive and handle its implementation of WADA much better. Listening to some of the comments from Riders about not even being able to contact someone at the FIM regarding TUEs, Appeals etc. which, if true, really means FIM has just dropped the ball.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/25/2018 1:24pm
aeffertz wrote:
Wonder how quick they’d respond to him attending a race up in Canada? Bastards.
Moto96 wrote:
If he raced, they wouldn't do a thing until his hearing. He could have raced all summer...........and see what happens later.
As of now his penalty started on the day he was suspended but if he went and raced in Canada then when they give him his official penalty it would start on that day so he would screw himself to go racing when he is suspended. Now if he never plans on racing a AMA/FIM race again then he could go race but if he ever wants to race the nationals or GPs he needs to sit tight like Stewart did.

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/25/2018 1:33pm
Moto96 wrote:
Zaugg wrote:

500guy wrote:
Doesn't matter if it's normal or not, the process takes to long Original testing needs to be done within 2 weeks, then notification and 2 more...

I think everyone agrees that it takes too long but why would the clean riders and teams or organizations even care how long it takes. I really doubt that the riders that are clean really care how long the process takes for the few riders that get caught. Its not like KTM or any other team will touch Tickle with a ten foot pole now.
Ryno23
Fantasy
878th
9/25/2018 1:34pm
dadofagun wrote:
Agree.... Ping, even though I have total respect for his new career helping others, is a complete fuck. He thrives on talking down to folks with...
Agree.... Ping, even though I have total respect for his new career helping others, is a complete fuck. He thrives on talking down to folks with sarcasm, wit, and a sense of trying to come across as Christ himself in this sport. His achievements are far greater than mine would ever have been, but having common sense enough to treat people who ask, an ex, non ever championship pro, an honest question with a respectable answer...... his arrogant ass fails. You don’t see MC, RV, RD, etc, writing a column talking to normal weekend warriors that way. You know why? They’re REAL champions, multiple times, not wannabes.......
Learn by example Mr. Pingree, no OEMS are wanting you for a brand ambassador. Get the hint jerk......
Here's a hint for you. Ping has had a column in RacerX since the inception of the magazine back in 96ish if I remember correctly. The reason he still has column is the sarcastic humor is a hit with the masses. If you ever really knew the guy in real life you'd think otherwise of him being a jerk. It is actually quite opposite truth be told.
Moto96
9/25/2018 1:36pm
aeffertz wrote:
Wonder how quick they’d respond to him attending a race up in Canada? Bastards.
Moto96 wrote:
If he raced, they wouldn't do a thing until his hearing. He could have raced all summer...........and see what happens later.
lostboy819 wrote:
As of now his penalty started on the day he was suspended but if he went and raced in Canada then when they give him his...
As of now his penalty started on the day he was suspended but if he went and raced in Canada then when they give him his official penalty it would start on that day so he would screw himself to go racing when he is suspended. Now if he never plans on racing a AMA/FIM race again then he could go race but if he ever wants to race the nationals or GPs he needs to sit tight like Stewart did.
I know that, but the rest don't. Hence why I said "See what happens later"
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
9/25/2018 1:39pm
Well, these penalties are meant to be a death sentence, nothing more nothing less. Broc’s mx life was over as soon as he tested positive. And the promoters, AMA, and all MX mgmt could care less.
brocster
9/25/2018 1:40pm
CozMan wrote:
I disagree that suing them would be an uphill battle. Find a contingency attorney and sue them for $10m. This would be Broc's estimated earnings, bonuses...
I disagree that suing them would be an uphill battle. Find a contingency attorney and sue them for $10m. This would be Broc's estimated earnings, bonuses, and endorsements that were lost due to their inefficiency.

Would he get $10m? Nah. But if he made enough noise and got the media to cover it, he could seriously force WADA to start answering some hard questions that they don't want to answer and enact change. Then they'll slip him $250k to shut the hell up and move on.

He has an opportunity here to get pissed off enough to bring some exposure to the issue.

Frankly, why the MX media isn't beating down doors over stuff like this boggles my mind.
dimetime wrote:
I swear to god, some of you people are so fucking stupid l have no idea how you function in daily life. Just a bunch of...
I swear to god, some of you people are so fucking stupid l have no idea how you function in daily life.

Just a bunch of semi retarded, virtue signaling asshats.

All of you quit your god damn whining and just support the fucking cheater through Go Fund Me, problem solved.

And NO ONE owes a cheater a fucking thing. Fuck Broc Tickle.
Gods going to be mad at you...
early
Fantasy
2231st
9/25/2018 1:40pm
Moto96 wrote:
I know that, but the rest don't. Hence why I said "See what happens later"
Is there a standardization of penalties and what events apply? Shouldn't the athlete be aware of that before they piss?
Moto96
9/25/2018 1:48pm
burn1986 wrote:
Well, these penalties are meant to be a death sentence, nothing more nothing less. Broc’s mx life was over as soon as he tested positive. And...
Well, these penalties are meant to be a death sentence, nothing more nothing less. Broc’s mx life was over as soon as he tested positive. And the promoters, AMA, and all MX mgmt could care less.
Thats not true. Look at all the sentences reduced or changed after.
Ozzy
9/25/2018 3:06pm
I ❤️Ping.., however he’s wrong here.
Circumstances being what they were, he’s off base, but he’s certainly entitled to his.
Fact is the FIM has NO PLACE IN USA SX & MX.
Thank God they’re NOT INVOLVED IN MX.
Wada..I didn’t like it the 1st time it was explained to all the Team Mgrs.
To too much Power & Gray Areas.
Getting CAUGHT, TESTING POSITIVE, is a CAREER ENDER in their SYSTEM.
You can literally get caught with something crazy in your damn toothpaste.
Yes, People Cheat.
However, the Whole Damn Supplement Industry ISN’T Regulated 1 Bit.
That’s the Travisty of this whole mess.
Again, it can happen from chewing gum, brushing your teeth, or some1 getting a drink off your pals water at the gym or out on the trail.
I do know when he was tested, had others been as well, let’s just say others would be screwed too!!
Being a former Industry guy I’m totally shocked FELD & ALL the MANUFACTURES are SILENT.
THEY ALL HAVE THE POWER TO FIX & CHANGE THIS.
WHO’S NEXT, FELD??
Maybe your 1,2,3,94,25,7 Ticket Sellers??
Hey, TEAM MGRS & MANUFACTURERS,
WHO’S NEXT?? Could be your whole damn TEAM?!
So so LAME OF EVERY1 Involved.
I’ll just sit back & watch WHO’S NEXT??

9/25/2018 4:09pm
Moto96 wrote:
When Pingree was on DMXS Radio, he expressed no mercy for any of these guys. He basically said the rules are clear on what you can...
When Pingree was on DMXS Radio, he expressed no mercy for any of these guys. He basically said the rules are clear on what you can and can't take and tough shit.
He said after Stews deal, there should be no mistakes or risk it.

They don't need to communicate. His sentence will be retroactive to when he was suspended anyway.
Be glad Motocross there is no state affiliation like the NSAC or CSAC in fighting. They are way tougher. AND issue HUGE Monetary Fines.

They gave Diaz 5 years for weed, and then reduced it down after some time

Jan 12, 2016
welterweight Nick Diaz, who was slapped with a five-year suspension from mixed martial arts (MMA) after a failed drug test at UFC 183, had his sentence reduced by Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) earlier today (Tues., Jan, 12, 2016) in Las Vegas. Not surprisingly, the commission raced through his portion of the meeting, broadcast live on UFC Fight Pass, and quickly moved on to other items. Diaz will now be suspended 18 months (dating back to Jan. 31, 2015) and fined $100,000 for testing positive for marijuana, according to MMA Fighting.

USADA/Wada, werent even involved.

Paul333 wrote:
Who gives a F**k what Pingree thinks? I find it funny how he is always the hard man on current pros while he took several obvious...
Who gives a F**k what Pingree thinks?

I find it funny how he is always the hard man on current pros while he took several obvious dives to stay in the 125 class. I do mean OBVIOUS dives so he didn’t point out and be forced to move up.
I've always found pingree to be an insufferable C**t. I think his insight into riding technique and bike setup is great. But as a voice for anyhing else it is unbearable to hear him speak.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
9/25/2018 4:35pm
burn1986 wrote:
Well, these penalties are meant to be a death sentence, nothing more nothing less. Broc’s mx life was over as soon as he tested positive. And...
Unless Broc Tickle has access to his own sample so he can independently test it himself, I'm going to correct you:

His MX life was over as soon as he was ACCUSED of testing positive.

How do we know Broc tested positive? WADA says so.
When will we know his punishment? When WADA feels inclined to say.
How do we even know WADA is qualified to test the samples themselves???? Oh yeah, WADA says they are.
Moto96
9/25/2018 5:53pm
Falcon wrote:
Unless Broc Tickle has access to his own sample so he can independently test it himself, I'm going to correct you: His MX life was over...
Unless Broc Tickle has access to his own sample so he can independently test it himself, I'm going to correct you:

His MX life was over as soon as he was ACCUSED of testing positive.

How do we know Broc tested positive? WADA says so.
When will we know his punishment? When WADA feels inclined to say.
How do we even know WADA is qualified to test the samples themselves???? Oh yeah, WADA says they are.
You should read up before posting bullshit. Wada doesn't do the tests. A credible lab does. They dont accuse anyone of anything.

You either pass or fail. There are no accusations.

Moto96
9/25/2018 5:59pm
Ozzy wrote:
I ❤️Ping.., however he’s wrong here. Circumstances being what they were, he’s off base, but he’s certainly entitled to his. Fact is the FIM has NO...
I ❤️Ping.., however he’s wrong here.
Circumstances being what they were, he’s off base, but he’s certainly entitled to his.
Fact is the FIM has NO PLACE IN USA SX & MX.
Thank God they’re NOT INVOLVED IN MX.
Wada..I didn’t like it the 1st time it was explained to all the Team Mgrs.
To too much Power & Gray Areas.
Getting CAUGHT, TESTING POSITIVE, is a CAREER ENDER in their SYSTEM.
You can literally get caught with something crazy in your damn toothpaste.
Yes, People Cheat.
However, the Whole Damn Supplement Industry ISN’T Regulated 1 Bit.
That’s the Travisty of this whole mess.
Again, it can happen from chewing gum, brushing your teeth, or some1 getting a drink off your pals water at the gym or out on the trail.
I do know when he was tested, had others been as well, let’s just say others would be screwed too!!
Being a former Industry guy I’m totally shocked FELD & ALL the MANUFACTURES are SILENT.
THEY ALL HAVE THE POWER TO FIX & CHANGE THIS.
WHO’S NEXT, FELD??
Maybe your 1,2,3,94,25,7 Ticket Sellers??
Hey, TEAM MGRS & MANUFACTURERS,
WHO’S NEXT?? Could be your whole damn TEAM?!
So so LAME OF EVERY1 Involved.
I’ll just sit back & watch WHO’S NEXT??

To too much Power & Gray Areas. Getting CAUGHT, TESTING POSITIVE, is a CAREER ENDER in their SYSTEM. You can literally get caught with something crazy in your damn toothpaste. Yes, People Cheat. However, the Whole Damn Supplement Industry ISN’T Regulated 1 Bit.

How about Dont cheat or take banned stuff? Not that hard to do.

Nobody is getting anything from any of the stuff you listed. And those guys blaming their dick pills and boner creams were laced with anabolics, well, all that shit tested negative.

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
9/25/2018 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2018 6:20pm
Moto96 wrote:
Which ones? This one and James’ were basically career ending. What is your stance on the promoters using the fim/wada and their protocols?
Moto96
9/25/2018 8:20pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2018 8:23pm
Moto96 wrote:
burn1986 wrote:
Which ones? This one and James’ were basically career ending. What is your stance on the promoters using the fim/wada and their protocols?
Read the thread. Nobody has a grudge against moto guys. And tell us how this one is career ending?

So far, its been less than 6 months. And they havent even gave penalty yet. Nobody knows whats going to happen yet. Has Tickle had a hearing yet?

9/25/2018 10:08pm
What is happening to Broc Tickle sucks. For him, for the fans, and for the sport. The way his sentence is being handled is unprofessional and frankly, fucking embarrassing.

And save me the holier-than-thou phony-hardass "do the crime, do the time" bullshit. If I got off on seeing people nailed on petty drug charges, I'd spend my spare time lurking around the county courthouse. (There are real shitbags who get off way lighter than Tickle for shit wayyyyy harder than a bad batch of MindFX).

But I don't. I'm a motocross fan. I like watching the best riders in the world compete. Not penalized by bullshit foreign organizations over complete bullshit.
9/26/2018 12:21am
CozMan wrote:
you're missing my point. His career is being held hostage. Sue the hell out of them for lost wages, lost potential wages, pain and suffering, etc...
you're missing my point.

His career is being held hostage. Sue the hell out of them for lost wages, lost potential wages, pain and suffering, etc.

The point is not to recoup his money but is to shine a giant light on this crap and force WADA to have a bevy of MX journalists saying "Please respond to Broc's allegations!"

Instead, the MX media community is silent, Broc is silent, the OEM's are silent....and we are all confused about how things never change.
Moto96 wrote:
You forgot something. He tested positive for a banned substance. He simply could have not taken it. Everyone knows the rules. That is what Pingrees point...
You forgot something. He tested positive for a banned substance. He simply could have not taken it.

Everyone knows the rules. That is what Pingrees point was. These guys know what they are taking and eating and
people get caught. He even said he knew guys doing all kinds of stuff back in the day.

And everyone is entitled to due process. He didn’t kill or rape anybody, sell drugs to kids. H took a banned substance. If FIM rule says banned for life, then tell him that, but this bullshit of saying you are suspended from all professional racing and not stating his sentence is a reasonable time period is crap. There needs to be a limit on FIM’s reach. Ban him from all FIM sanctioned events, tell him his penalty and let the man move forward on his career decisions (retire, race non FIM sanctioned events). This crap of being in limbo for months is unfair to Tickle.
9/26/2018 1:19am
dimetime wrote:
I swear to god, some of you people are so fucking stupid l have no idea how you function in daily life. Just a bunch of...
I swear to god, some of you people are so fucking stupid l have no idea how you function in daily life.

Just a bunch of semi retarded, virtue signaling asshats.

All of you quit your god damn whining and just support the fucking cheater through Go Fund Me, problem solved.

And NO ONE owes a cheater a fucking thing. Fuck Broc Tickle.
If you're going to use a buzzword, you might want to choose one that you're not in the middle of exhibiting.

'Look at much more mad I am and seriously I take cheating' is textbook virtue signaling.
Crush
9/26/2018 2:24am
dkg wrote:
Crush, I agree with most of your post, but on the assumption of innocence, that question has been answered. Both the A and B tests came...
Crush, I agree with most of your post, but on the assumption of innocence, that question has been answered. Both the A and B tests came back dirty. After that, the burden shifts to the athlete to show some sort of mitigating circumstances that affect the penalty.

Biggest problem like you address are more of a lack due of process in nature. Both as to timeliness and responsiveness by the FIM.
Yeah both samples are bad but isn't there still a review to complete? I mean I guess if it's going to count towards whatever penalty, ie time served, but to me there's a massive issue there. Time and the guys not being able to make money or be penalised. It didn't matter shit for James except he was still in his prime, but for someone like Cade? Wow.
early
Fantasy
2231st
9/26/2018 3:50am
I'll ask it again, if this process is so cut and dry, both samples tested positive so you are guilty, why isn't the punishment for each substance published? And why is there not a list of organizations that, if you race with them, will count against your punishment? It's complete bullshit that WADA can just make up the rules AFTER someone gets caught. The athletes have no idea what they are getting into when they are asked to piss into a cup. Brock and Cade and James should have known at the moment they received the letter or email that they failed exactly what the maximum punishment is and where it would apply. If there is an appeal process to lower the penalty that is fine. If WADA is going to take the money to be the drug tester for the FIM they need to take the time to make the rules first.
Jrewing
9/26/2018 4:35am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2018 4:35am
Move to Canadia and race. He’s not racing anywhere else soon.. his career is screwed now. Canadia is his lifeline and he would help build that series
AK74
9/26/2018 4:48am
Ant West was provisionally suspended earlier this month after a(nother) failed drugs test. It's worth keeping an eye on his situation to see if the FIM move any faster than the glacial pace shown with Ticklegate.
BobKerr
9/26/2018 5:14am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2018 5:14am
Jrewing wrote:
Move to Canadia and race. He’s not racing anywhere else soon.. his career is screwed now. Canadia is his lifeline and he would help build that...
Move to Canadia and race. He’s not racing anywhere else soon.. his career is screwed now. Canadia is his lifeline and he would help build that series
That is what I said in another thread some weeks back. I believe the chances of him receiving a reduced sentence are VERY VERY slim with both A and B samples testing positive. I would have immediately tried to find a job racing in Canada, and doing all the off season/over seas SX races. Bank as much cash as possible until the body forces retirement.
Crush
9/26/2018 5:16am
early wrote:
I'll ask it again, if this process is so cut and dry, both samples tested positive so you are guilty, why isn't the punishment for each...
I'll ask it again, if this process is so cut and dry, both samples tested positive so you are guilty, why isn't the punishment for each substance published? And why is there not a list of organizations that, if you race with them, will count against your punishment? It's complete bullshit that WADA can just make up the rules AFTER someone gets caught. The athletes have no idea what they are getting into when they are asked to piss into a cup. Brock and Cade and James should have known at the moment they received the letter or email that they failed exactly what the maximum punishment is and where it would apply. If there is an appeal process to lower the penalty that is fine. If WADA is going to take the money to be the drug tester for the FIM they need to take the time to make the rules first.
I'd take it a step further.

For the sake of the athlete's mental well being and ability to get on with things, could they not just, both samples, drug A, level range x – y, equals this. Penalty is set, handed down automatically & immediately. Athlete can ignore with the understanding that at appeal, a judgement not in their favour will add time to their sentence. Auto letters aren't hard to generate.

I'm sure half the pain James, Cade and Broc have dealt with is the fucking guessing game.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
9/26/2018 5:32am
early wrote:
I'll ask it again, if this process is so cut and dry, both samples tested positive so you are guilty, why isn't the punishment for each...
Crush wrote:
I'd take it a step further. For the sake of the athlete's mental well being and ability to get on with things, could they not just...
I'd take it a step further.

For the sake of the athlete's mental well being and ability to get on with things, could they not just, both samples, drug A, level range x – y, equals this. Penalty is set, handed down automatically & immediately. Athlete can ignore with the understanding that at appeal, a judgement not in their favour will add time to their sentence. Auto letters aren't hard to generate.

I'm sure half the pain James, Cade and Broc have dealt with is the fucking guessing game.
Have you guys taken the time to read the anti-doping code? It is 156 pages of dense reading, but all of your answers are in there. Standard penalty is 4 years if the violation was intentional, otherwise 2 years.
9/26/2018 5:33am
AK74 wrote:
Ant West was provisionally suspended earlier this month after a(nother) failed drugs test. It's worth keeping an eye on his situation to see if the FIM...
Ant West was provisionally suspended earlier this month after a(nother) failed drugs test. It's worth keeping an eye on his situation to see if the FIM move any faster than the glacial pace shown with Ticklegate.
Interesting. Perhaps this quote from the FIM's statement will also make it clear why Tickle isn't racing any form of motocross at the moment.

Mr. Anthony West is provisionally suspended with effect from 14 September 2018. He is therefore barred from participating in any motorcycling competition or activity until further notice.

http://www.fim-live.com/en/article/rider-anthony-west-provisionally-suspended/
dkg
9/26/2018 7:00am
Crush wrote:
Yeah both samples are bad but isn't there still a review to complete? I mean I guess if it's going to count towards whatever penalty, ie...
Yeah both samples are bad but isn't there still a review to complete? I mean I guess if it's going to count towards whatever penalty, ie time served, but to me there's a massive issue there. Time and the guys not being able to make money or be penalised. It didn't matter shit for James except he was still in his prime, but for someone like Cade? Wow.
As I think about this a little more, perhaps an interesting approach to this would be for one of the athletes to appeal to WADA asserting that FIM isn’t complying with its obligations as a signatory to the code in that they are not providing hearings, etc. within a reasonable time as required by the code. This nonsense of the athlete being in limbo for months on end simply because FIM does nothing is hardly reasonable. WADA is charged with overseeing implementation of the code so perhaps they could correct many of these issues. When FIM decided to become a signatory in addition to being able to say “See we are doing something about PEDs”, they also undertook the duty to do so fairly and in a reasonably timely manner. Seems they are falling short in many areas.

Post a reply to: The Conversation Broc Tickle

The Latest