The Conversation Broc Tickle

Related:
Create New Tag

9/24/2018 9:45 AM

https://racerxonline.com/2018/09/24/the-conversation-broc-tickle

This is unbelievable and painful to read.

What kind of process is this?

|

9/24/2018 9:50 AM

FIM = FAIL

3 months with no word on his suspension? FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|

9/24/2018 9:58 AM

How is anyone even slightly surprised about this.

|

9/24/2018 9:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2018 9:59 AM

That is indeed painful to read. I'd need to hear a real convincing argument as to why they remain involved on US motocross to be in any way supportive. I get drug testing, but with that should come reasonable punishment and timely decisions. That is not too much to demand by the promoters of the sport.

|

9/24/2018 10:04 AM

I haven't been a Tickle defender, but, this is absolutely ridiculous. It's an embarrassment to the sport.

How they can just not communicate AT ALL is mind blowing.

|

9/24/2018 10:50 AM

When Pingree was on DMXS Radio, he expressed no mercy for any of these guys. He basically said the rules are clear on what you can and can't take and tough shit.
He said after Stews deal, there should be no mistakes or risk it.

They don't need to communicate. His sentence will be retroactive to when he was suspended anyway.
Be glad Motocross there is no state affiliation like the NSAC or CSAC in fighting. They are way tougher. AND issue HUGE Monetary Fines.

They gave Diaz 5 years for weed, and then reduced it down after some time

Jan 12, 2016
welterweight Nick Diaz, who was slapped with a five-year suspension from mixed martial arts (MMA) after a failed drug test at UFC 183, had his sentence reduced by Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) earlier today (Tues., Jan, 12, 2016) in Las Vegas. Not surprisingly, the commission raced through his portion of the meeting, broadcast live on UFC Fight Pass, and quickly moved on to other items. Diaz will now be suspended 18 months (dating back to Jan. 31, 2015) and fined $100,000 for testing positive for marijuana, according to MMA Fighting.

USADA/Wada, werent even involved.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

9/24/2018 11:20 AM

Ga tickets. Thats crazy these guys have to do that. I has mike brown behind me in line at daytona one year....

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

9/24/2018 11:23 AM

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

9/24/2018 11:23 AM

Moto96 wrote:

When Pingree was on DMXS Radio, he expressed no mercy for any of these guys. He basically said the rules are clear on what you ...more

Actually, they do need to communicate. Communicate when his punishment starts and stops.

A banned substance was taken, regardless if intentional or not, Broc has accepted that fact and just wants to know when the punishment officially starts and when it officially ends. To my knowledge he only knows that he's guilty. He hasn't had a hearing or been "sentenced".

I don't think that's too much to ask.

The fact that other sanctioning bodies in other sports are tougher is irrelevant.

|

9/24/2018 11:43 AM

That's just brutal.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

9/24/2018 11:56 AM

Is there any way he could take them into court?

|

9/24/2018 12:27 PM

They should NEVER be able to suspend someone without a sentence. Such a joke.

|

Go Hawks!

9/24/2018 1:03 PM

I've said it before... dump the FIM for US races. We don't need them! They bring noting to the show so to speak.
The AMA needs to put their foot down. NO MORE.

Wimps!

|

9/24/2018 1:08 PM

Zaugg wrote:

Actually, they do need to communicate. Communicate when his punishment starts and stops.

A banned substance was taken, ...more

Here is a rough timeline.

Diaz was popped at the en of january. All Sentences are retroactive to being suspended or failing.

On Sept 14th they hit him with his sentence of 5 years. This is the NSAC, not USADA/WADA, which might have had a role, who the hell knows.

The suspension, retroactive to fight night, was passed unanimously at a hearing in Las Vegas. Diaz was also fined $165,000 -- 33-percent of his $500,000 UFC 183 fight purse.
Then in 2016 they reduced it to 18 months retroactive, but still hit him for 100 grand.

Tickle was suspended when? End of April or so?

|

9/24/2018 1:30 PM

orange_44 wrote:

Easily.

Could he win? Low likelihood of finding them responsible, but it is possible.

Will it cost him a LOT of money? No question.

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

9/24/2018 1:40 PM

It will take a WADA catch against an "A" list Euro rider like Herlings, Cairoli, or Prado before the FIM will change to the suspension/sentenciing policy or pull it back from WADA. I think WADA is fine for the catch, the sentencing should be by the FIM/AMA.

|

9/24/2018 2:13 PM

orange_44 wrote:

FuzzyLogic wrote:

Easily.

Could he win? Low likelihood of finding them responsible, but it is possible.

Will it cost him a LOT of money? No ...more

He better call Saul...

|

9/24/2018 3:48 PM

Such a shitshow. It is totally unacceptable to have such horrible communication, but when there is zero recourse, there will be zero change. I'd love to see the powers that be get rid of the FIM, WADA, whoever the hell is ultimately responsible for handling these cases. Is drug testing in SX and MX good? Absolutely, but there has to be some entity that can run the program more responsibly than these clowns.

|

9/24/2018 4:57 PM

Why does there need to be communication? He is suspended until they set a date.

He hasn't been suspended very long. Not even 6 months yet.

|

9/24/2018 5:10 PM

tingo wrote:

Such a shitshow. It is totally unacceptable to have such horrible communication, but when there is zero recourse, there will ...more

Well, he failed in California. Would you rather your CSAC handle it?

On top of the 15 months by USADA,
Jon Jones had his hearing about a failed July drug test in front of the California State Athletic Commission on Tuesday. The result was that Jones had his license to fight in California revoked and he was fined $205,000.

|

9/24/2018 5:20 PM

Moto96 wrote:

Why does there need to be communication? He is suspended until they set a date.

He hasn't been suspended very long. Not even ...more

Photo
|

9/24/2018 5:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2018 5:25 PM

Just throwing this out there, and I hate to be so brutal, but the FIM can suck a fucking dick. They absolutely destroyed Broc's career, someone with a talent and drive that's likely beyond what any of them could fathom. What a disgrace to the sport, they are. I'm pissed off, and I can only imagine how Broc feels. Unbelievable.

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

9/24/2018 5:41 PM

JWRM wrote:

Just throwing this out there, and I hate to be so brutal, but the FIM can suck a fucking dick. They absolutely destroyed ...more

How have they "absolutely destroyed" his career? He hasn't even be suspended yet for 6 months for something that is clearly banned.
You should listen to Pingree on DMXS way back when he got suspended. According to Ping, if he didn't take the stuff, he wouldnt have been suspended and nothing would have even been mentioned.

|

9/24/2018 6:25 PM

Moto96 wrote:

When Pingree was on DMXS Radio, he expressed no mercy for any of these guys. He basically said the rules are clear on what you ...more

Who gives a F**k what Pingree thinks?

I find it funny how he is always the hard man on current pros while he took several obvious dives to stay in the 125 class. I do mean OBVIOUS dives so he didn’t point out and be forced to move up.

|

9/24/2018 6:46 PM

I disagree that suing them would be an uphill battle. Find a contingency attorney and sue them for $10m. This would be Broc's estimated earnings, bonuses, and endorsements that were lost due to their inefficiency.

Would he get $10m? Nah. But if he made enough noise and got the media to cover it, he could seriously force WADA to start answering some hard questions that they don't want to answer and enact change. Then they'll slip him $250k to shut the hell up and move on.

He has an opportunity here to get pissed off enough to bring some exposure to the issue.

Frankly, why the MX media isn't beating down doors over stuff like this boggles my mind.

|

9/24/2018 7:08 PM

Why can’t we get rid of the fim? They serve no good purpose to me.

First penalty should be six races next one year third offense should be life.

|

9/24/2018 7:11 PM

Moto96 wrote:

Paul333 wrote:

Who gives a F**k what Pingree thinks?

I find it funny how he is always the hard man on current pros while he took several ...more

Agree.... Ping, even though I have total respect for his new career helping others, is a complete fuck. He thrives on talking down to folks with sarcasm, wit, and a sense of trying to come across as Christ himself in this sport. His achievements are far greater than mine would ever have been, but having common sense enough to treat people who ask, an ex, non ever championship pro, an honest question with a respectable answer...... his arrogant ass fails. You don’t see MC, RV, RD, etc, writing a column talking to normal weekend warriors that way. You know why? They’re REAL champions, multiple times, not wannabes.......
Learn by example Mr. Pingree, no OEMS are wanting you for a brand ambassador. Get the hint jerk......

|

9/24/2018 7:13 PM

In the NFL this would have been a 3-6 game suspension. Pretty sure ass would still be in the seats in they dropped the FIM.

|

9/24/2018 7:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2018 7:23 PM

CozMan wrote:

I disagree that suing them would be an uphill battle. Find a contingency attorney and sue them for $10m. This would be Broc's ...more

So Broc cheats, gets caught and suspended but its WADAs fault ?? I bet the MX media isn't beating down the doors because the riders and teams and even fans wanted drug testing and now because Broc got caught now its not fair. Stewart getting busted didn't have this much whining from the girls club.

|

Ed Johnson

9/24/2018 7:30 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

So Broc cheats, gets caught and suspended but its WADAs fault ?? I bet the MX media isn't beating down the doors because the ...more

No matter what side a person stands on the riders and the sport in general deserve better.

Just saying He tested positive and yes sample B was positive why would they drag it out ? make a ruling and be done with it.

Also the people who run the sport need to have more input on the penalty phase.

|