The Cliché "mx is dying" Threads

8/26/2017 12:22pm
A few people keep saying mx is dying and making threads about it but in reality I just think more people are going practicing or GNCC riding because of ride time to cost and even if people had the money just not a lot of riding time. Also don't tell me people can't afford bikes because I see more people out here riding on newer bikes than older bikes and don't tell me about your kids not wanting to ride either because that's your fault for letting them have an xbox and stay inside all day. If you actually want to do something about this low attendance at local races then call your buddies and E-mail your local race organization about shorting the amount of classes and longer moto's and pro motocross isn't doing to bad either, plenty of people still show up as its no more to watch that than a football game and you don't even need to know how to start a bike to go and watch and have fun.
|
8/26/2017 12:31pm
Its just part of the usual 4 stroke bashing, they are unreliable, they are expensive to buy etc etc. Reality is over here I see more people and more new bikes at the tracks than I can remember back to the mid 80s.
It used to be a rare sight for someone to turn up at the local track with a brand new bike or some Talons and aftermarket suspension, now days its pretty much expected if you are even a half serious rider.

People seem to forget this is a motorsport, it will never be as cheap as stick and ball sports, but as far as motorsports go, it is one of the cheapest and most equal playing fields.
TDeath21
8/26/2017 12:49pm
It's true. And it's true for all motorsports. There are dirt tracks closing all over the place that used to have modified and sprint car races every weekend. There's always a reason. Noise. Costs. Pollution. Etc. Sad but true.
hititpind
8/26/2017 12:52pm
So you post saying there cliche but you name some reasons why it's dying?
8/26/2017 12:56pm
Just left the track. 40 people in A/B practice. 60 novice. 40 beginners. 30 85's. Maybe 20 50 and 65's combined. The future is nil, but that doesn't mean the sport is hurting.

What we have here is the 10 year lapse of the recession. Although the economy has come back- those 5 years we lost a LOT of potential new young families.

Tide goes out. Tide comes in.

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
8/26/2017 1:03pm
People are sitting in front of their computer screens and scream MX is dying... great

Post a reply to: The Cliché "mx is dying" Threads

The Latest