The Christian Craig and Cooper Webb battle...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2016 2:41 PM

Incredible!! I was on the edge of my seat watching those two guys go at it. Back and forth , I don't know how many times. Nice clean , aggressive , bar bangin' action. They both seemed to of had a lot of fun out there too. So glad Cooper didn't get pissed and try to put him on the ground , and he kept his cool.

Always been a big fan of Christian's technique. Buttery smooth and looked to be on a play ride...makes it look that easy. Really happy to see him make a return to racing again. Man that was a great race!!

Photo

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/24/2016 2:48 PM

I agree. One for the chat board history books. I think I counted 15 individual passes for the lead.

|

1/24/2016 2:55 PM

Crazy how different they ride too. Totally polar opposites when it comes to riding fast.

|

1/24/2016 2:58 PM

It was entertaining, nothing wrong with it, but when you have to start riding THAT defensive you know its only a matter of time.

|

1/24/2016 3:02 PM

Christian's riding style as said, is amazing!, I was like man he looks like he's just having a ride about.....really just had a total technique of his own and was a pleasure to watch him (on the edge of my seat too & ended up about a foot away from the TV screen in the end).

Go on my son!.

|

2020.5 KTM Cairoli Factory Edition 5.7hrs
2019 Alta Redshift MXR - 0.9hrs!.
2020 KTM 250 SX 5hrs.

imoto34 wrote:
Look at all that torque. The kid on the lawnmower may have laughed so hard he shat his pants.

1/24/2016 3:41 PM

Such a great race. Craig did exactly what he needed to do each time. If Webb takes the inside and makes the pass, you HAVE to make the pass in the next corner otherwise you can just kiss it good bye.

|

1/24/2016 4:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2016 4:08 PM

The way Craig carved underneath's Webb's first pass is in and of itself, one for the history books. It doesn't get better than that. So fast you can hardly see it.

|

1/24/2016 4:08 PM

The whole night of racing was really good. Except for the bad luck Trey had and a few other guys that had issues.....but the racing was great to see. And that race between Coop and CC was just amazing.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

1/24/2016 4:18 PM

Best battle I have seen in a reallyyyyy long time. Clean, close racing with lots of passing, something the sport desperately needs more of.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

1/24/2016 4:20 PM

I really enjoyed it, and looking forward to seeing it again next week (fingers crossed)

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/24/2016 4:41 PM

the only thing worth watching...............sad sad sad

|

1/24/2016 4:42 PM

Christian didn't let himself get rattled, it's a good sign.

I was watching during the back and forth and all of those brake checks and back and forth allowed Osborn to get close....without knowing it, and by fighting over 1st he may have let 2nd go too. If Cooper passes on the first attempt and goes away there is no way that Osborn closes that gap.

|

1/24/2016 4:49 PM

One of the best battles in a long time. Craig was so smooth but Cooper is just relentless. A pure racer. Hannah like for sure.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

1/24/2016 4:58 PM

Great to see a good battle like this and with the amount of back and forth it was super entertaining and clean.

|

1/24/2016 5:51 PM

bents wrote:

One of the best battles in a long time. Craig was so smooth but Cooper is just relentless. A pure racer. Hannah like for sure. ...more

For sure man! Cooper is a badass for sure! I was hoping Christian would hold him off for the win , but Coop is just relentless. It was so awesome seeing Christian come into his own , and look really good doing it. I've been saying for years that Christian has an awesome style / technique and last night he showed it pretty well. Maybe not the pure speed of someone like Cooper , but man his style is awesome to watch. Much like KW , Evert's and Seely if I had to compare. Lots of standing and just doing things perfect. Sure would love for him to stay healthy and one day move back up into the big bikes.

|

1/24/2016 6:03 PM

Outstanding! Got to see it in person, but it was so good I had to watch it on the computer when I got home. The wife was even way into it,...." I've never seen anything like that before...amazing"..... oh great, now I'll have to bring her along next time....

|

"Never name a hog you may have to eat" - Willie Nelson

1/24/2016 10:14 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

The whole night of racing was really good. Except for the bad luck Trey had and a few other guys that had issues.....but the ...more

Agreed. The Coop/Craig race was amazing.

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

1/24/2016 11:52 PM

The battling was awesome!!! But I do have to say that it slowed them both up quite a bit. I do think if Craig didn't slow the pace so much by trying to stay in front of Webb, he may have finished second. Unfortunately he slowed the pace a little too much and Osbourne was right there as soon as Webb got by and started pulling away. I was really hoping to see Craig finish 2nd but it did make for exciting racing.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/25/2016 12:03 AM

The coolest bit I reckon was Craig slicing up the inside of Webb on the fully slippery start straight standing on the pegs!
I think it was his last pass back.. But whenever it was it ruled

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/25/2016 12:08 AM

Definitely spiced up the 250 class. Even if Webb does run away with this title it's great to see someone like Craig (sorry, Cr-EH-g) put up a fight.

|

1/25/2016 12:12 AM

this is what I was talking about

Photo

Photo

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/25/2016 12:14 AM

jemcee wrote:

The coolest bit I reckon was Craig slicing up the inside of Webb on the fully slippery start straight standing on the pegs!
I ...more

That was my favourite bit too

Photo

|

1/25/2016 12:24 AM

jemcee wrote:

I ...more

Derpin' DJ wrote:

That was my favourite bit too

Photo

Haha!....Yep! That few seconds right there had me going....."Oh man that looked beautiful! " One of the reasons I brought up the comparison to Evert's....he was so well known for that kind of stuff. Awesome caption btw!

|

1/25/2016 12:26 AM

jemcee wrote:

Photo

Photo

Awesome!

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/25/2016 12:31 AM

jemcee wrote:

Photo

Photo

Some jerk off material right there

|

1/25/2016 7:42 AM

Man, Craig is a beautiful rider. Poetry.

|

1/25/2016 7:46 AM

Somebody better have got a picture of the look back Craig gave over the double right after he passed Webb after the finish line.

|

1/25/2016 8:16 AM

Christian Craig is a god damn savage.

I laughed my ass off when Craig outsmarted Webb for 5 laps straight, when everyone's always talking about how Webb always "knows where other riders are going".

Plus Craig has that NFG style on the bike which is so rare these days. He looks like he's juist cruising while he's straight up crushing everyone.

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

1/25/2016 8:21 AM

jemcee wrote:

Photo

Photo

kiwifan wrote:

Awesome!

totally awesome battle!!!!...and ya, that craig style! looks like he's in slo mo as he sets up for sections. amazing!!

|

Don't hate the Stew bros!

1/25/2016 8:26 AM

CC's got the speed. but you can tell he's racing his way into fitness with how winded he was on the podium after his heat race win. It's been awhile since I've seen a guy struggle to catch his breath on the podium the way he was.

I was sure pulling for him in the main though.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Empty a bag of skittles into the toilet and then flush. It's like watching a five second long nascar race.