The C Class Sandbagger

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2018 9:59 PM

was watching a guy in c class last weekend on an old beat up RM 250 during practice he looked like an idiot, than he dumped the bike off the start and flat out flew and won the moto lapping 3/4 of the other riders, laying it flat over every jump. Do you guys got this around you?

|

4/19/2018 10:14 PM

UPSman334 wrote:

was watching a guy in c class last weekend on an old beat up RM 250 during practice he looked like an idiot, than he dumped the bike off the start and flat out flew and won the moto lapping 3/4 of the other riders, laying it flat over every jump. Do you guys got this around you?

Yup!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/19/2018 10:26 PM

Yes, anybody that finishes ahead of me is a sand bagger.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

4/19/2018 10:31 PM

Saw a kid laying it flat in 250d this weekend.

|

4/19/2018 10:45 PM

All about that C class Loretta’s championship

|

4/19/2018 11:24 PM

I remember riding in the “slow big bike” practice at washougal sometime last year, and I went over the triple and some guy PANCAKED it over it right next to me while it seemed like he was doing 150mph...

Then one lap later, I’m in 4th gear what seemed to be flying up horsepower hill, and another guy blew my doors off at what seemed like 150mph AGAIN.. maybe I’m slow. Maybe they were super fast. I’d like to believe they were just too fast laughing

|

4/19/2018 11:48 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

I remember riding in the “slow big bike” practice at washougal sometime last year, and I went over the triple and some guy PANCAKED it over it right next to me while it seemed like he was doing 150mph...

Then one lap later, I’m in 4th gear what seemed to be flying up horsepower hill, and another guy blew my doors off at what seemed like 150mph AGAIN.. maybe I’m slow. Maybe they were super fast. I’d like to believe they were just too fast laughing

A triple?! If i could clear a triple id be in B class at least smile

|

4/19/2018 11:53 PM

js451 wrote:

A triple?! If i could clear a triple id be in B class at least smile

I should clarify... I doubled the triple while the other guy cleared the whole thing while going completely sideways over it. laughing

|

4/20/2018 12:19 AM

UPSman334 wrote:

You guys have races with only 5 riders??? What kind of line ups do you have in the A & B groups?? Surley it would make more sense to mix them all into 1 group? Or at least mix the B & C groups together??

|

4/20/2018 1:29 AM

UPSman334 wrote:

POWLEY256 wrote:

You guys have races with only 5 riders??? What kind of line ups do you have in the A & B groups?? Surley it would make more sense to mix them all into 1 group? Or at least mix the B & C groups together??

I think he meant 3/4 as in 75%.

|

4/20/2018 2:03 AM

Isn’t C supposed to be a beginners class?

|

4/20/2018 2:13 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Depends on the region I guess since some have D classes. D would be beginner, C would be junior, B would be Intermediate and A would be Pro/Pro-Am.

Overall I do believe C is supposed to be the beginner class. National C class is different than local C class. We all know the Loretta Lynn's stories.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/20/2018 2:58 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Depends on the region I guess since some have D classes. D would be beginner, C would be junior, B would be Intermediate and A would be Pro/Pro-Am.

Overall I do believe C is supposed to be the beginner class. National C class is different than local C class. We all know the Loretta Lynn's stories.

If C is a beginner class they need to make me like an F class. C riders hit 80-100ft tables here lmao

|

4/20/2018 3:00 AM

Rename C to beginner and put that on the trophy.

Better yet, take away trophies/contingency/sponsorship for C/beginner racers. Move up to B if you want one thin dime from the industry.

|

"Thank God my father wasn't rich."
-Hurricane

"You wouldn't take clay to Southwick, so why take sand to Red Bud?"
-DV

"I ride a two-stroke because I am Weigandt-level cheap"
-Me

4/20/2018 3:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 3:29 AM

Every race weekend at Englishtown. And when I called someone out on it, they would say "everyone races a class down". You'd be at practice and see guys in the A-B practice and then lining up next to you for C on the gate. Even NJFOD was bad at practice. You'd have the tough guy who would go out in C practice scrubbing/whipping everything. One thing I despise about our sport.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

4/20/2018 3:35 AM

This song goes out to all you sandbaggers out there for winning the Beginner Class.

|

4/20/2018 3:40 AM

kpersonius264 wrote:

Wtf is 250d?

|

4/20/2018 4:44 AM

motomike137 wrote:

Wtf is 250d?

LOL Right !!

|

Vital news is 100% true 30% of the time.

4/20/2018 4:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 4:52 AM

To be honest here my first year racing in C class I had a beginners goal to be able to whip. I learned how to throw it flat pretty well for a c class guy. My avatar is from right after I moved to B class. I only raced 10 C class races before I moved up and started getting my ass whooped all the time haha. That being said there are sand baggers everywhere ya go, thats just how it is. 98% of us aren't being paid to ride so it doesnt bother me anymore. I think the mentallity of todays younger riders is to look cool first go fast later. I was the same way until the ex pro that was coaching me told me I look like a retard throwing whips in 5th place in C class. haha

|

Vital news is 100% true 30% of the time.

4/20/2018 4:53 AM

kpersonius264 wrote:

motomike137 wrote:

Wtf is 250d?

That’s the class half of the C riders should be in?

|

4/20/2018 5:02 AM

When I started racing in 2003 D & C were the largest classes at local races. I feel having a D class was a way to break those guys up. Even in D class I felt like a sandbagger before I moved up. In fact I moved up because I caught a C rider or a vet rider off a stagger start in the mud and I lost the race because I hit him when he rolled a double that I jumped and I stalled my bike.

D riders here will jump everything on the track except for the "big triple" or whatever jump they have to separate the men from the boys. At my home track where I only lost 1/6 motos in D I moved up to C and got 8th out 9 riders in my first C race. I definitely got faster at a quicker rate once I moved up though. By the end of that first season in C I was front of the pack battling for 3rds but 1 & 2 were Loretta's hopefuls and would be out of sight for me.

At this point in NC they could stand to eliminate the D class because the turnouts are pretty shitty in both C and D. At the NC state championship A class had like 20 riders. B/C/D had 30 - 35 combined. There should be a true beginner's class and you move up to C once 1) You've hit 5 races or 2) You win a race.

|

4/20/2018 5:05 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Every D14 race i've done here had some pretty fast C guys. By the end of the year I was upper mid pack and the top 5 or so were still gaping the rest of the field. I'm glad I can ride the Vet Sport 25+ class this year.

|

I'm not an actual kid
Red Bud Vet Fest 2020: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gpxS0KgQFc

District 14
2017 KTM 150

R.I.P. Steel City

4/20/2018 5:10 AM

Y'all think sandbagging in Moto is bad? Shit go race your local MTB series, after my first CAT 3 race it was like racing against a few John Tomacs. The top 5 guys had lap times neck and neck with the Cat 1/Elite guys.

|

4/20/2018 5:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 5:11 AM

Not saying sandbagging isn't an issue, it always has been and always will be... but just because you can "lay it flat" over a jump doesn't mean you're fast. Jump for show, corner for dough. Just look at pro SX. Everyone out there can do all the jumps. It's corner speed and whoops that separates the top guys.

|

4/20/2018 5:18 AM

ga_pike wrote:

Not saying sandbagging isn't an issue, it always has been and always will be... but just because you can "lay it flat" over a jump doesn't mean you're fast. Jump for show, corner for dough. Just look at pro SX. Everyone out there can do all the jumps. It's corner speed and whoops that separates the top guys.

I watched the 1995 Charlotte Supercross last night. The 125s were wayyyy sketchy. Not all of the guys were jumping the triples. It was definitely awesome to watch and bathe in that nostalgia. It was definitely a different time. I would love to send videos of the current day 250 class back in time so they can see even the guys who don't make the night show are jumping the triples every single lap.

|

4/20/2018 5:31 AM

You dont ride your best after falling in the 1st turn?

|

4/20/2018 5:53 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

ThatOneKid wrote:

Every D14 race i've done here had some pretty fast C guys. By the end of the year I was upper mid pack and the top 5 or so were still gaping the rest of the field. I'm glad I can ride the Vet Sport 25+ class this year.

I got 3rd in the D14 State championship in 2016. With that being said that class is super fast at the State level. There were races where I was so out of touch with the top 2-3 guys it's like they were on a totally different level.

I'm glad I can now ride vet sport as well. The kids in C-class are young, fast, and loaded with testosterone lol

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

4/20/2018 6:10 AM

ga_pike wrote:

I don't feel like it has always been an issue though. 20+ years ago people moved up as fast as they could to get into $$$ paying classes and out of the "beginner" class. Somehow trophy's and looking cool has become more important that being a real racer.

|

4/20/2018 6:13 AM

kpersonius264 wrote:

motomike137 wrote:

Wtf is 250d?

kkawboy14 wrote:

That’s the class half of the C riders should be in?

No, d would be considered beginner class for first year of racing. 75% of c class should be in B

|

4/20/2018 6:37 AM

A few years back here locally and at Muddy Creek during Mega Series event's C/D Unlimited was one of the biggest classes and it was so lop sided. You had true D class beginners in there and the C class whip it flat scrub it up should be in the B class guys. Made for very dangerous conditions.

|