The Alessi scrub?

Feint
6/28/2013 2:05pm
JQ wrote:
Imagine what Mike could do if he improved his riding technique? I have to say I was a bit disappointed hearing him say that it is...
Imagine what Mike could do if he improved his riding technique? I have to say I was a bit disappointed hearing him say that it is "impossible" to run with the Ryans. NO IT ISN'T WORK HARDER! And I don't mean get fitter. I mean work on technique, line choice, cornerspeed. Get another riding coach. Something. Its not impossible at all. Dungey has improved a lot over the last few years and its not because he lifted more weights or went for longer bike rides.

Does anyone agree?
I agree. I think Alessi is on the same level as Millsaps, and Davi proved that he could ride up front in supercross.
mr50racer
6/28/2013 2:08pm
Mike can scrub. He can whip it. I think he does need a coach though. I watched as he was passed last week by Villipoto and he didn't even think about trying the lines that RV was using. He just kept in his same line. I am a big fan of the #800. He hope he finds more speed to run with the Ryans.
6/28/2013 2:18pm
Crash82 wrote:
Damn straight whips are easy, i got it pretty flat on this one, eat your heart out Devin Davis! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/06/28/25679/s1200_100_0798_2.jpg[/img] Actually Cornwall made me promise not...
Damn straight whips are easy, i got it pretty flat on this one, eat your heart out Devin Davis!

Actually Cornwall made me promise not to whip him.
with the photo shop 90 degree thingy , this would be awesome.....
bullpen658
6/28/2013 2:29pm
Three things:

1. MA can't scrub
2. MA can't whip
3. MA can't pull holeshots.

Am I wrong?

The Shop

mynewcr250
6/28/2013 2:33pm
Looks pretty good to me - but then again, what do I know? [img]https://motocross.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/441/files/mike-alessi-122810/258X9036.JPG[/img]
Looks pretty good to me - but then again, what do I know?

The ktm's got auto pilot. That's how I learned.
ando
6/28/2013 3:50pm
You don't see Reed scrubbing jumps very often, and he does OK for himself.

Having said that, the pic comparison in the first post is pretty funny, very amateur looking!
KINGRV1
6/28/2013 3:57pm
BobbyM wrote:
mike on his "anybody can buy" scooter is making many factory "soon to be scrubbing dirty mufucking dishes" riders look pretty silly...
You wanna suck his dick don't you!
DrSweden
6/28/2013 4:06pm
Everts already been mentioned, but was pretty interesting to see a battle between Dowd and DeCotis a few years ago, and I was pretty sure DeCotis would kill it, scrubbing, whipping like crazy, while Dowd had the old-school style (yawn), no sideways, nothing even close to what's seen these days, and I couldn't get how he closed on DeCotis, passed and won. It's not rocket surgery, races are won in corners, straights rather on jumps (I figure SX is a bit different though), but I have issues getting how someone can be so damn good with the bike in air, jumping while loosing on the bases? Seems MA focused on the right thing after all...
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
6/28/2013 4:28pm
Crash82 wrote:
Damn straight whips are easy, i got it pretty flat on this one, eat your heart out Devin Davis! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/06/28/25679/s1200_100_0798_2.jpg[/img] Actually Cornwall made me promise not...
Damn straight whips are easy, i got it pretty flat on this one, eat your heart out Devin Davis!

with the photo shop 90 degree thingy , this would be awesome.....
Pretty funny I can't scrub whip, i got nothing but there was a camera and I pushed the back end over like a 6 inches and couldn't get it back, I said screw that and jumped straight from there on out....
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
6/28/2013 4:31pm
Crash82 wrote:

JW381 wrote:
Lol EDIT: Actually I don't want this to turn into a pissing match, so I applaud you for offering your own picture as a joke. Taking...
Lol

EDIT: Actually I don't want this to turn into a pissing match, so I applaud you for offering your own picture as a joke. Taking one's self too seriously is one of the worst traits a human can have.
Thanks man, I could clear all the jumps and was an average rider but being old my mind was programmed to jump straight!
JW381
6/28/2013 5:03pm
Crash82 wrote:
Thanks man, I could clear all the jumps and was an average rider but being old my mind was programmed to jump straight!
Well even if you weren't old and programmed to jump straight, it's not easy lol
The Oracle
Fantasy
4286th
6/28/2013 5:35pm
It's true what they say. I threw this badboy a couple months ago and the chicks were screaming.

Honestly though, I think it's a shame more younger guys don't learn the old-school way of staying low on the jumps. I'm 20 myself, and I'm not really good in the air, but I've worked a lot on corners and breaking. I figured that's where you save time (the most amount of it) instead of exhausting yourself out by throwing the bike around every jump. I think that's what Mike knows as well, and I fully support him. He's an amazing rider, does some weird things on the face of a jump, and here we are behind the keyboards laughing because he's compared to a more stylish rider. Shame really
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
6/28/2013 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2013 7:26pm
Sweet no footer man!

my secret move was the one hander!

The Salute move. check it out, in 2001 I invented the white side plate fender combo, it took years for a yamaha to start copying me.

Oh ya great points man, good post! Wait I just noticed you have the white side plate fender combo! What year was that picture? Funny fact here, I have never successfully pulled a tear off in the air or in a race, I did manage to pull a roll off once but it was raining and the film got stuck and I broke the string the next pull....
The Oracle
Fantasy
4286th
6/28/2013 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2013 8:39pm
Awesome photos Crash. I bet the one hander and salute have made many señoritas weak in their knees!

Oh sweet, that was you? I've heard legends but could never confirm. I bought a Honda last year but it already came with the white rear fender. I guess they should send you a card and thank you!

Hahaha, I always pull my tear-offs on the start straight, and 40% of the time, I pull them all at the same time. Then again, I only use two or so per race so it isn't really a problem.

Here are two tricks I impress the ladies with on the track. The insane lookback, and the rear fender seated one footer.

This one is pretty cool though, me and my father, enjoying the amazing feeling of riding.

Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
6/28/2013 8:38pm
You Swedish riders got the freestyle down! You should try a no footer look back! Way over my head though. Seriously is that dirt or rock in the back ground? I would be all over that hill looking for fossils and stuff. Thanks for posting those, anyone else got any wicked freestyle pics? Shocked
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
6/28/2013 8:40pm

That is seriously cool.
The Oracle
Fantasy
4286th
6/28/2013 8:50pm
Crash82 wrote:
You Swedish riders got the freestyle down! You should try a no footer look back! Way over my head though. Seriously is that dirt or rock...
You Swedish riders got the freestyle down! You should try a no footer look back! Way over my head though. Seriously is that dirt or rock in the back ground? I would be all over that hill looking for fossils and stuff. Thanks for posting those, anyone else got any wicked freestyle pics? Shocked
Hahah, totally! I will try one next time I go riding if I feel comfortable doing it. It's a pretty wild trick so I'll do some tests!

It's sand actually. The track had a problem with lots and LOTS of rocks coming up though. But it was easy to get more sand for the track seeing how this was right next to it. It was shut down unfortunately.. In Norway. Sad

Post a reply to: The Alessi scrub?

The Latest