The ’90s were cooler

10/11/2018 2:22am Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 7:01pm
|
10/11/2018 2:47am

Crush
10/11/2018 6:01am
The 90s were fucking better though. Let's be real.

The Shop

Stuntman949
10/11/2018 7:42am
I feel lucky that I grew up during 90s moto
peelout
10/11/2018 8:07am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2018 9:08am
same here bro

anyone else go through a Jnco phase? i got a hand me down pair from a friend and thought i was the baddest mother fucker around. looking through old photos i looked ridiculous. i had the frosted tips, baggy pants, SMP shirt 5 sizes too big, MC hat. oh man good times.
10/11/2018 8:23am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2018 8:30am
Haha I picture Peely looking like the photo of the LBZ dude in blue that was floating around while back......... I was born and 83 and I have to agree, 90s were awesome not only in Moto but in life in general. Last great era to grow up in before shit hit the fan big time....
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
632nd
10/11/2018 8:34am
peelout wrote:
same here bro anyone else go through a Jnco phase? i got a hand me down pair from a friend and thought i was the baddest...
same here bro

anyone else go through a Jnco phase? i got a hand me down pair from a friend and thought i was the baddest mother fucker around. looking through old photos i looked ridiculous. i had the frosted tips, baggy pants, SMP shirt 5 sizes too big, MC hat. oh man good times.
I wore the jnco pants. Paid for them with my own money cause all I could get from mom was hand me downs from my cousins haha. I wanted over the boot riding pants and used to ride in my jncos cause thats just what I had. Haha funny thinking back but I though it was cool. No more jncos for me but I still wear over the boot riding pants ?
10/11/2018 8:34am
peelout wrote:
same here bro anyone else go through a Jnco phase? i got a hand me down pair from a friend and thought i was the baddest...
same here bro

lol yep! The JNCOs with a huge heavy chain wallet in the side pocket that would loudly slap against the chair when you sat down in class. The old pics are embarassing but those things were comfortable AF, won't lie.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/11/2018 8:35am
Haha I picture Peely looking like the photo of the LBZ dude in blue that was floating around while back......... I was born and 83 and...
Haha I picture Peely looking like the photo of the LBZ dude in blue that was floating around while back......... I was born and 83 and I have to agree, 90s were awesome not only in Moto but in life in general. Last great era to grow up in before shit hit the fan big time....
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing That visual is hilarious! I was born in 90 and am so glad i grew up in the 90's! I was given this gel called Lightning Gel, thought it was just a clever name because of the lightning bolt for a logo... Well, it wasn't just a clever name and my hair ended up with bleached tips. I was so stoked to be somewhat like MC especially because CMC gave me the number 2 the day I was born. I felt like a total badass! Man, things were so different and so much better back then!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/11/2018 8:40am
peelout wrote:
same here bro

lol yep! The JNCOs with a huge heavy chain wallet in the side pocket that would loudly slap against the chair when you sat down in...
lol yep! The JNCOs with a huge heavy chain wallet in the side pocket that would loudly slap against the chair when you sat down in class. The old pics are embarassing but those things were comfortable AF, won't lie.
I forgot about the damn chains for your wallet! How cool did we think we were with those? Laughing
10/11/2018 8:52am
lol yep! The JNCOs with a huge heavy chain wallet in the side pocket that would loudly slap against the chair when you sat down in...
Anyone have the chain that was like 4 ft long! That was big....
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/11/2018 8:54am
Anyone have the chain that was like 4 ft long! That was big....
Don't think my chain was ever that long. More around 2-3 feet though
10/11/2018 10:02am
Jnco jeans i had those i remember cutting the bottoms off cause they were to long. Then there was the DLUX brand that had that had the nylon colored strip down the outside seem of the leg. I had the black oned that had the black edges with a white stripe in the middle my friends used to call them the skunk pants.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/11/2018 10:05am
Don't forget Lee Pipes guys!
bonseff
10/11/2018 10:10am
MotoXXX & Skinz graphic kits were great indicators of riders not to pit next to.

Also newbies that got caught up in freestyle showing up to the track with about 3 hrs on a bike breaking bones trying to do tricks over a double. You could pick up their new bikes on cycle trader for cheap!

Taylor415
10/11/2018 10:15am
Go to Gadzooks and get your No Fear and Jncos all in one spot...
10/11/2018 10:32am
Did someone say JNCO? In middle school I wore my JNCOs proudly with a big silver chain necklace. I put so much damn gel in my hair I remember peeling it off my forehead after it dried. I looked like a total clown.
Moto96
10/11/2018 10:33am
That Kawi clip at the beginning..........god bikes sounded so good back then.
kb228
10/11/2018 10:43am
All i can think of is being like 6 or 7 and watching steel roots 2 all day
ti473
10/11/2018 10:45am
Fuck yeah! And the soundtracks were awesome, not this bullshit the kids listen to nowadays...
10/11/2018 11:10am
They are still around i guess on the come back i guess people have gotten tired of them nut hugging skinny jeans.

10/11/2018 11:37am
kb228 wrote:
Same here Crusty was the favorite at my house. Hell I still watch all of the 90s Moto movies when I am doing cardio. (helps pass the time and music is awesome). I remember getting Moto XXX when I was like 10 and my mom was not to happy after watching about 30sec of the beginning clips..... HAHA
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/11/2018 11:47am
kb228 wrote:
Same here Crusty was the favorite at my house. Hell I still watch all of the 90s Moto movies when I am doing cardio. (helps pass...
Same here Crusty was the favorite at my house. Hell I still watch all of the 90s Moto movies when I am doing cardio. (helps pass the time and music is awesome). I remember getting Moto XXX when I was like 10 and my mom was not to happy after watching about 30sec of the beginning clips..... HAHA
Steel Roots, Crusty's, MotoXXX, Disturbing the Peace, Terrafirma's were all played over and over in my house and are still played to this day.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
10/11/2018 12:23pm
it took a long time to get information tho,
i remember being on a bus waiting for riders at the Osaka Supercross in November 1995, and Jeff Emig walked on with a kawi jacket, it was the first we saw that he was riding for Kawasaki,
Sidecar
10/11/2018 1:22pm
peelout wrote:
same here bro

Haha... I had a BMX chain as the chain on my wallet... I had LBZ gear... I bleached my hair... I still have a soul patch... at different times I had Spy, Arnette, Black Flys and Von Zipper goggles, I had a helmet fin for a while then swapped it for one with a flashing light in it... most days I watched a Fox, moto xxx, Crusty or an mxvm video... I rode BMX and raced moto, surfed and skated... I still listen to NOFX, Pennywise, Rancid, Flogging Molly and Rise Against... I still race moto, I still ride BMX LONG LIVE the 1990s...
Branham96
10/11/2018 1:56pm
bonseff wrote:
MotoXXX & Skinz graphic kits were great indicators of riders not to pit next to. Also newbies that got caught up in freestyle showing up to...
MotoXXX & Skinz graphic kits were great indicators of riders not to pit next to.

Also newbies that got caught up in freestyle showing up to the track with about 3 hrs on a bike breaking bones trying to do tricks over a double. You could pick up their new bikes on cycle trader for cheap!

Im way guilty of this!!??
CozMan
10/11/2018 2:08pm
I kinda missed out. I raced/followed '80s mx as a kid which involved renting VHS videos on freeriding and the monthly MXA. I kinda dropped out when I discovered girls for the first half of the '90s so I didn't follow along. Picked back up late '90s and early 2000s. Seems like I missed the holy grail of fun that were the mid-90s. :-(
10/11/2018 2:43pm
Minneapolis, 1993 or '94. MC rides out by himself for the opening ceremony under dimmed lights. No fireworks or sing-song hype clips. He idled his way to the left-hander before the triple and hit the throttle. The sound was the throatiest, fullest, brapppiest, two-strokiest thing I'd ever heard. If that sound were a record it would've sold 10 million copies. He goes airborne and does a nac nac in complete silence, all alone. The cameras (we didn't have cell phones back then) went off like stars in space as he floated through time. Stanton stopped by to cement his retirement with the fans. Jeremy went on to be a badass who won everything.

One thing I miss is how much respect and tv time mechanics would get.

Post a reply to: The ’90s were cooler

The Latest