The 450 Championship

P
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 4:11am
I know that anything can happen, but I'll go ahead and say that Dungey just won it today. If Reed doesn't go a strong, and I mean STRONG, 1-1 next week Dungey will know that it's locked up. He can pretty much just ride because there isn't anyone else that is consistant enough to challenge him. That's just MHO.

P
|
Chris_ONeal
6/12/2010 2:18pm
No way all it takes it a DNF by Dungey just like Reed had today. It's wayyyyy to early to predict anything yet.
RandyS
6/12/2010 2:22pm
P wrote:
I know that anything can happen, but I'll go ahead and say that Dungey just won it today. If Reed doesn't go a strong, and I...
I know that anything can happen, but I'll go ahead and say that Dungey just won it today. If Reed doesn't go a strong, and I mean STRONG, 1-1 next week Dungey will know that it's locked up. He can pretty much just ride because there isn't anyone else that is consistant enough to challenge him. That's just MHO.

P
Have you ever watch motocross? Dungey will have more Hangtowns as will everyone. If Dungey has the ability to go 1-1 every weekend Stewart better just stay retired.

Dungey doesn't have that ability but he had a couple of good weekends.
P
6/12/2010 2:26pm
P wrote:
I know that anything can happen, but I'll go ahead and say that Dungey just won it today. If Reed doesn't go a strong, and I...

P
RandyS wrote:
Have you ever watch motocross? Dungey will have more Hangtowns as will everyone. If Dungey has the ability to go 1-1 every weekend Stewart better just...
Have you ever watch motocross? Dungey will have more Hangtowns as will everyone. If Dungey has the ability to go 1-1 every weekend Stewart better just stay retired.

Name one guy, other than Chad Reed, that has shown that he can put in top 3 finished in each moto week in and week out. I think that Dungey can do that from here on out, considering how everyone else has been looking.

P
Kinetic1
6/12/2010 2:27pm
RandyS wrote:
Have you ever watch motocross? Dungey will have more Hangtowns as will everyone. If Dungey has the ability to go 1-1 every weekend Stewart better just...

Dungey has the ability to do it. It's a matter of whether or not he actually will or not.

The Shop

bents
Fantasy
909th
6/12/2010 2:33pm
No way all it takes it a DNF by Dungey just like Reed had today. It's wayyyyy to early to predict anything yet.
Chris, I agree, but P does have a point in that Reed needs to respond big time, and soon. Dungey has proven to be pretty freakin reliable over the course of a series, and he has Goose and the Man behind him. This sport is so mental, and Dungey is gaining nothing but mental strength and confidence.
FlaNard
6/12/2010 2:57pm
P wrote:

P
Agreed.
RandyS
6/12/2010 2:57pm
RandyS wrote:

Kinetic1 wrote:
Dungey has the ability to do it. It's a matter of whether or not he actually will or not.
I think Dungey is the future but he hasn't proven he has the ability to win every single weekend. What RC and JS did was not human and I'm not sure it will happen again.
super rat
6/12/2010 4:29pm
If you didn't know it before.... this thread is proof that P is an idiot.
LtColMXUSM131
Fantasy
270th
6/12/2010 4:42pm
I always told you Brett Metcalfe would be 2nd in points!
NOT!
WTF! good job.
I think this will be a good season save RD winning a lot
6/12/2010 5:01pm
P wrote:

P
Three races in and Dungey has won it already? That seems a little presumptuous, there are several guys that can be title contenders: Alessi, Reed, BT101, for example. The best of luck to all of the riders.
Digger437
6/12/2010 5:03pm
There is a reason I believe that they race all 12 races and don't just hand the trophy over after 3. I still can't get over how no one is talking about Metcalf. Dude's in second and has showed the most consistency of all. One DNF by Dungey and its game on.
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
6/12/2010 5:32pm
I believe Alessi had a massive points lead over Reed at one point last year. He didn't keep it. Shit happens.
chrisbuehler
6/12/2010 5:41pm
super rat wrote:
If you didn't know it before.... this thread is proof that P is an idiot.
He prefaced the comment with "anything can happen" and outside of Hangtown what have you seen to prove him wrong. Since the start of supercross RD has had all these guys guys covered. Villo won some races but it's not like he was WAY faster. We are talking bout fractions of a second. You could also reason that Villo's wide open, hang off the back of the bike style trying to catch RD bit him in the butt. RD rides smart and never throws it away, he will take a second place if need be. He's as fit and consistent as they come. Even riding within his comfort zone, he's just plain faster than anyone out there save for Reedy. I sure wouldnt bet against him but yes, as my boy Chris Oneil said it is waaaaay to early to give him the title. By the way, when was the last time you remember him having bike problems? Seems like the Zooks are rock solid
Slow
6/12/2010 5:51pm
Bummer the championship is already over. 3 rounds and Dungey is already Champ?
Whitey
6/12/2010 6:01pm
After seeing a mechanical issue cause a guy to lose a points lead, the mental giants here say another bloke has the championship wrapped up now! What, the leader is now somehow immune to mechanicals himself?

With people who think like this, no wonder the world is fucked up!

P
6/12/2010 6:08pm
Whitey wrote:
After seeing a mechanical issue cause a guy to lose a points lead, the mental giants here say another bloke has the championship wrapped up now...
After seeing a mechanical issue cause a guy to lose a points lead, the mental giants here say another bloke has the championship wrapped up now! What, the leader is now somehow immune to mechanicals himself?

A mechanical or injury are the only things that will get Dungey if Reed doesn't step up. There isn't a guy in the field that has proved that he can be consistant in back to back weeks other than Dungey. THERE IS NO WAY that Dungey should be leading the points after the first round that he had. He shouldn't even be in the top three. Short had a 9 second lead at one point and still couldn't win the moto??? WTF???

P
P
6/12/2010 6:13pm
Whitey wrote:
After seeing a mechanical issue cause a guy to lose a points lead, the mental giants here say another bloke has the championship wrapped up now...

BTW, there are also some things that hold pretty much true in MX and that is how a guy performs. James and RV, they are both good for wins and crashes, Short and Windham, they are up and down, Reed he starts off slow and then picks it up, Grant and Alessi, they can't finish a series. Dungey, he's very steady and his bike.............there is never doubt. I think he has the upper hand right now.

P
mcopsey
6/12/2010 7:07pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
Gee, you think?
Could you actually give a reason you don't agree with the statement you quoted?
Team Euro
6/12/2010 7:13pm
Seem like a lack of talent or competetion in the big class, exciting season aheadBlink
wreckitrandy
6/12/2010 7:26pm
Team Euro wrote:
Seem like a lack of talent or competetion in the big class, exciting season aheadBlink
The same untalented guys that finished second on the day and, won a moto at the usgp, don't seem to be much competition now huh? Maybe it'll pick up some when AC comes over for good.
Team Euro
6/12/2010 7:35pm
Cairoli,Musquin,Pourcel,Townley,Rattray and Searle....not many places left on the podium soon.....Whistling
Ryanfan
6/12/2010 7:44pm
I'm a huge Dungey fan, but I think it's a little too early to hand out championships. This is, after all a motor sport, and machines do fail. One thing is for sure, flyin' Ryan will be physically and mentally ready to race every weekend. He most surely is riding on a huge wave of momentum, but there are a lot of races left. GOOD LUCK RD5.
wreckitrandy
6/12/2010 7:57pm
ssshhhhh,,,,,,,, you're not supposed to wake up a sleep walker. He's obviously having a wet dream. Leave him be.
Team Euro
6/12/2010 7:59pm
I am morning the loss of our GP riders as they fill the AMA podiums and fulfill the rewards monetarily of their hard fought brutal GP battles and experiences to become World Champions and move on to a bank account filling easy green pastures of the AMA motocross racing show
jmar
6/12/2010 8:14pm
It's way to early to hand the series championship over to anyone right now. Dungey is doing his job, and putting in some great finishes.

With that said, he has to stay healthy, and that ain't no easy task in this sport. This series is wide open and the championship is still up for grabs.

Post a reply to: The 450 Championship

The Latest