The 3 main format is very exciting! But...

aeffertz
...they should shorten the TV broadcast. We should be seeing more racing than filler/ads.

We're 4 races in and we've seen ~40 minutes of racing during the 120 minutes of broadcast time. So 1/3 of time has been allotted to racing. Doesn't that seem backwards?

The races have all shown great racing and interesting results so far but the massive amount of downtime between each event really makes the show seem boring overall.
|
1/20/2018 9:02pm
Yes, it's kinda backward. But if this were a regular event, we'd only now (midnight in the east) be getting to the first points-payimg race after two hours of qualifications. Doesn't that seem backward?
kburgie
1/20/2018 9:05pm
aeffertz wrote:
...they should shorten the TV broadcast. We should be seeing more racing than filler/ads. We're 4 races in and we've seen ~40 minutes of racing during...
...they should shorten the TV broadcast. We should be seeing more racing than filler/ads.

We're 4 races in and we've seen ~40 minutes of racing during the 120 minutes of broadcast time. So 1/3 of time has been allotted to racing. Doesn't that seem backwards?

The races have all shown great racing and interesting results so far but the massive amount of downtime between each event really makes the show seem boring overall.
The downtime = track prep and rider recovery. Can't cut that. Would be great if they found some filler besides commercials. Or you can use the commercial time to do something else.
aeffertz
1/20/2018 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 9:23pm
Yes, it's kinda backward. But if this were a regular event, we'd only now (midnight in the east) be getting to the first points-payimg race after...
Yes, it's kinda backward. But if this were a regular event, we'd only now (midnight in the east) be getting to the first points-payimg race after two hours of qualifications. Doesn't that seem backward?
Not really since they were all a build up to the points paying position much like how all these races are a build up to the points paying position.

In a regular broadcast we would have had 38 minutes of racing in 90 minutes of broadcast time. So 42% of the time would've been on track racing.

I'm all about change and the racing has been more exciting but simply put, there has just been too much downtime.

If they showed the LCQs, we'd be pretty close to the amount of racing we'd get to see between each format. They have enough time during the traditional format to fix up the track between races, so I don't see how that should be an issue here.
TannerMxer
1/20/2018 9:26pm
You guys realize people (aka racers) need to rest and recoup, right?

The Shop

bball35
1/20/2018 9:32pm
TannerMxer wrote:
And also made have to make adjustments/fix the bikes
1/20/2018 9:33pm
TannerMxer wrote:
You really think they asked the athletes 'how' they wanted the format to work?
NorCal 50+
1/20/2018 9:34pm
Supercross is an event, not just a race. Relax and enjoy it?
aeffertz
1/20/2018 9:40pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Supercross is an event, not just a race. Relax and enjoy it?
I am, but if the motive was to get new viewers... I don't think showing more ads than racing is the answer.
byke
1/20/2018 10:26pm
Loved the format and chose not to watch the ads, worked out great.
1/20/2018 10:29pm
The races didn't seem to have as much meaning and intensity to me as if there was only one main event. I had company over though, so maybe I just couldn't watch as closely as I'd have liked.

Post a reply to: The 3 main format is very exciting! But...

The Latest