The 2018 SX Title

greenmx5
Is going to be up in the air. Nobody on the line (aside from Reed) has a 450 SX title. I'm the biggest Reed fan, but he's not winning the title.

Tomac - he has the fire and tastes the title last year. He should be as motivated as ever since Mr consistency is gone. He just needs more consistency himself.

Marvin - I love what I see from him. I say he has the best shot at the title.

Roczen - it is literally anyone's guess where he will be at A1. But he seems to be recovering fast.

Baggett - not so much an indoor rider, but we will see what happens.

Wild cards - Anderson, seely, Webb, Wilson, davalos, and barcia. Any one of these guys can win a race or 2 next year I think.
|
kiwifan
8/28/2017 7:25pm
greenmx5 wrote:
Is going to be up in the air. Nobody on the line (aside from Reed) has a 450 SX title. I'm the biggest Reed fan, but...
Is going to be up in the air. Nobody on the line (aside from Reed) has a 450 SX title. I'm the biggest Reed fan, but he's not winning the title.

Tomac - he has the fire and tastes the title last year. He should be as motivated as ever since Mr consistency is gone. He just needs more consistency himself.

Roczen - it is literally anyone's guess where he will be at A1. But he seems to be recovering fast.

Wild cards - Anderson, seely, Webb, Wilson, davalos, and barcia. Any one of these guys can win a race or 2 next year I think.
My bet will go to Roczen for the title, but I think MM and Anderson will be the ones that will be getting more wins than the rest

The Shop

mxb2
8/28/2017 8:19pm
rmoto003 wrote:
STEW
T
E
W
Let it go man. It's over, move on.
mxb2
8/28/2017 8:25pm
rmoto003 wrote:
STEW
T
E
W
mxb2 wrote:
The other Stewart
For the title? Lol
Akira
8/28/2017 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 8:34pm
Edited - below
Akira
8/28/2017 8:34pm
My predictions:

KR94 would need at least few races if not a season to find the groove and that should take him out of title contention. I.E. He now knows that there're stuff to fix other than his arm: Out of his last 5 SX races he fell down the same way (landing - '16Rd17LV; MEC; '17Rd3A2) and that cost him in every sense god knows how much. If his come-back translates in a rider as strong or stronger than ever that locks confidence with being smart brace yourself.

ET3 '17 should be more than enough to win the '18 title dominantly but just to make sure he needs to work a little bit on the mental side (loose it a lot, smartness, ego, speed, vanishing). He basically needs to borrow either Ryans' mentality plus an electric start just in case. I.E. See how the real himself showed up after he won the MX title (huge relieve Eli - great job man!!) compared to the shy and nervous guy that you can see sometimes. Maybe FELD/Monster and not too much of Johnny T will help him. His dad relationship is the main cause of his success but is also a double-sword thing that had/has some side-effects that were hard to mitigate and rarely affect but when does just fuck him up. This title, getting older and new mental off-season prep would help.

MM25 needs more confidence and that can be a matter of few races and changing his French mentality towards a more straight American mentality, he would be able to do that depending on his results. Consistency is his bigger issue though as it costs him a lot of points in the '17SX the MX title. We still need to discover how would he respond to the being KTM I repeat KTM number one guy for SX.

CW2 and JA21 would bring some emotions but not for a championship unless they've some help and huge improvement.

Then you have podiums/heat winner guys like BB4, CS14, BT20, JB19, DM18, JG33, JS7 (if in shape) and CR22 that could be very lucky to get a win.

Of course, the biggest factors are improvements in the off-season, starts, setup, crashes, injuries, mechanical and DNF which are unpredictable. The 3 big dog histories demonstrate it. At the end, they're all young adults under drama, pressure and passion playing sponsors/business/show big money and they're all champions and deserve mad respect for what they're doing.

Sorry for the long post, I was thinking out loud.
b_kowalsk
8/28/2017 8:42pm
Rad Cheed if he's riding a KTM....or the Stewbra if he can get his hands on a factory ecu for his Hodaka.
BobPA
8/28/2017 8:44pm
jsleeds wrote:
Speedy reedy
Want to wager $1000 US credits?
dirtnapper
8/28/2017 8:53pm
I still think MM will win a premier US championship so I'm picking him.

Tomac is an easy pick - he'll either win it or be super close.

Roczen would take me completely by surprise if he was in the hunt for any title in 2018.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/28/2017 8:56pm
b_kowalsk wrote:
Rad Cheed if he's riding a KTM....or the Stewbra if he can get his hands on a factory ecu for his Hodaka.
There it is. Of course Im assuming you mean a Super Rat?
8/28/2017 8:58pm
Between MM25 or Tomac. The guy with the best average start throughout the year will win the title. Starts are 90% of Supercross.

I would like to say Roczen but I'm not sure we see him at A1. I think he knows it and the last few interviews of him have echoed that.
kiwifan
8/28/2017 9:09pm
Between MM25 or Tomac. The guy with the best average start throughout the year will win the title. Starts are 90% of Supercross. I would like...
Between MM25 or Tomac. The guy with the best average start throughout the year will win the title. Starts are 90% of Supercross.

I would like to say Roczen but I'm not sure we see him at A1. I think he knows it and the last few interviews of him have echoed that.
I think we watch different interviews of KR, I see only positive stuff going on...
8/28/2017 9:47pm
Between MM25 or Tomac. The guy with the best average start throughout the year will win the title. Starts are 90% of Supercross. I would like...

kiwifan wrote:
I think we watch different interviews of KR, I see only positive stuff going on...
Maybe you missed some interview. I never said he wasn't making progress and positive things weren't happening. He went from saying see you at A1 to saying "getting ready for my next race." Maybe I'm reading too much into it but Ken is usually straight forward about his plans. I hope he shows up at A1 healthy.
cali11
8/28/2017 10:00pm
If Tomac learned anything this year about pressure,then the title is his. Otherwise it's going to Marve. I really don't see Ken being 100% if he even races SX next year. People see him riding a smooth SX track and want to give him the title. He still has a lot of work to do on that arm.
kiwifan
8/28/2017 10:05pm
Maybe you missed some interview. I never said he wasn't making progress and positive things weren't happening. He went from saying see you at A1 to...
Maybe you missed some interview. I never said he wasn't making progress and positive things weren't happening. He went from saying see you at A1 to saying "getting ready for my next race." Maybe I'm reading too much into it but Ken is usually straight forward about his plans. I hope he shows up at A1 healthy.
Well the word out is that he is racing MEC, maybe thats why he isn't saying see you at A1 because we will be seeing him sooner, but perhaps I reading too much into it Smile
Sully
8/28/2017 11:19pm
rmoto003 wrote:
STEW
T
E
W
mxb2 wrote:
Over? Nothing is over until we say it is! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?
Mr. G
8/28/2017 11:33pm
Herlings
cali11
8/28/2017 11:41pm
Mr. G wrote:
Herlings
Herlings does not ride SX
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/28/2017 11:58pm
greenmx5 wrote:
Is going to be up in the air. Nobody on the line (aside from Reed) has a 450 SX title. I'm the biggest Reed fan, but...

Davalos is riding the 250 not 450.
kiwifan
8/29/2017 12:02am
rmoto003 wrote:
STEW
T
E
W
mxb2 wrote:
Sully wrote:
Over? Nothing is over until we say it is! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?
pssst .... the Germans did not bomb Pearl Harbour...
jemcee
8/29/2017 12:08am
mxb2 wrote:
Sully wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
pssst .... the Germans did not bomb Pearl Harbour...
I'm not huge on US history and I've only seen that movie once about 25 years ago but have been here long enough to get that joke
and I'll add you have too haha

Post a reply to: The 2018 SX Title

The Latest