The 2018 450 Shootout is LIVE!

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2017 6:35 PM

Here you all be! It's nearly 25,000 words long, a quarter of the average novel published...it took some serious work!

The article: http://www.vitalmx.com/features/2018-Vital-MX-450-Shootout,5510

And we're hosting a QNA this year!

The topic (it's stickied at the top of the forum): http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Forum-QNA-Vital-MX-450-Shootout,1326720

ENJOY!



|

9/14/2017 6:38 PM

Boom!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

9/14/2017 6:45 PM

Sweet

|

9/14/2017 6:46 PM

well, there goes a productive afternoon at work.....

|

Current: 2010 TM 250MX
Previous: 2012 KX450f, 2009 K8 RM250, 2012 RMZ250, 2008 YZ125

9/14/2017 6:50 PM

Damn i was hoping for a better report on the zook.

|

9/14/2017 7:14 PM

Wow, lots of great info. Bummer about the RMZ, it looks so good! I wonder if you replace that rear shock how it would rank up?

|

9/14/2017 7:22 PM

Honda has a big budget this year, obviously.

|

9/14/2017 7:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 10:00 AM

Some idiot (sorry, not very nice) put the Husky last...

Other than that, great job!

|

9/14/2017 7:27 PM

Photo

I could have told you so.! I've got about 5 hours on mine and it's just getting better. Overall I'm very happy with it. It has handling trates of a gen 3 cr 250 mixed with a 2008 Crf 450. The forks pretty much suck for my standards but the shock is decent. And the engine just flat out rips when your on the "pipe".
|

9/14/2017 7:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2017 7:28 PM

ob wrote:

Honda has a big budget this year, obviously.

Have you ridden it? I spent an afternoon on a '17 CRF with an FMF system and RX hangers and was throughly impressed. Awesome chassis.

|

9/14/2017 7:27 PM

Is there a noticeable difference between the electric start bikes starting time between the brands?

|

9/14/2017 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2017 7:31 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Wow, lots of great info. Bummer about the RMZ, it looks so good! I wonder if you replace that rear shock how it would rank up? ...more

I honestly think a simple revalve/changing the rebound stack will fix it right up.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

9/14/2017 7:37 PM

JWACK wrote: Photo

I could have told you so.! I've got about 5 hours on mine and it's just getting better. Overall I'm very happy with it. It ...more

Interesting feed back. I haven't ridden a better all around chassis / suspension combo than the 02-07 3rd gen AF CR250r. This shoot out pretty much convinced me to upgrade my 10 CRF450r model to the 18...

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

9/14/2017 7:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2017 9:08 PM

ob wrote:

Honda has a big budget this year, obviously.

twotwosix wrote:

Have you ridden it? I spent an afternoon on a '17 CRF with an FMF system and RX hangers and was throughly impressed. Awesome ...more

Yes I've ridden it a bunch. 17 Stock one. Terrible clutch, super soft fork, (sounds like it's stiffer this year) average brakes. But good ergos, feels comfy except that seat is hard as a rock. One of the best bikes I've ridden. Besides a ktm husky

|

9/14/2017 7:47 PM

JWACK wrote: Photo

I could have told you so.! I've got about 5 hours on mine and it's just getting better. Overall I'm very happy with it. It ...more
H4L wrote:

Interesting feed back. I haven't ridden a better all around chassis / suspension combo than the 02-07 3rd gen AF CR250r. This ...more

You won't be disappointed. I can't wait to ride mine again!

|

9/14/2017 8:12 PM

Ok so I have to buy 4 bikes now cool

|

9/14/2017 8:23 PM

I take it back, I rode the 17 Honda. Is the 18 fork better now? I'm sure the clutch is the same.

|

9/14/2017 8:25 PM

Only watched the video so far but great work as always! Surprised with the results.

|

9/14/2017 8:26 PM

Signing in for the drama.

|

9/14/2017 8:26 PM

I think I'll still get the yamaha. I'll suck on all of em but I can get a good deal on one .

|

9/14/2017 8:33 PM

ob wrote:

Honda has a big budget this year, obviously.

twotwosix wrote:

Have you ridden it? I spent an afternoon on a '17 CRF with an FMF system and RX hangers and was throughly impressed. Awesome ...more

ob wrote:

Yes I've ridden it a bunch. 17 Stock one. Terrible clutch, super soft fork, (sounds like it's stiffer this year) average ...more

But what advantages does this bike have over, say, a 1,000cc sports bike, which I could also afford?

|

9/14/2017 8:48 PM

Weldone everyone involved, good write up.
I'm not surprised much with the final outcome from the riders.
Although ML512 will be grey or balding by 30, you're doing a hell of a job with the shootouts, front runner in the shootout leauge. Enjoy that fresh mullet while you can..lol jk..

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

9/14/2017 8:50 PM

twotwosix wrote:

Have you ridden it? I spent an afternoon on a '17 CRF with an FMF system and RX hangers and was throughly impressed. Awesome ...more

ob wrote:

Yes I've ridden it a bunch. 17 Stock one. Terrible clutch, super soft fork, (sounds like it's stiffer this year) average ...more

Barry_Smith wrote:

But what advantages does this bike have over, say, a 1,000cc sports bike, which I could also afford?

Every advantage possible, and way cooler

|

9/14/2017 9:11 PM

ob wrote:

Yes I've ridden it a bunch. 17 Stock one. Terrible clutch, super soft fork, (sounds like it's stiffer this year) average ...more

Barry_Smith wrote:

But what advantages does this bike have over, say, a 1,000cc sports bike, which I could also afford?

ob wrote:

Every advantage possible, and way cooler

Photo
|

9/14/2017 9:19 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Wow, lots of great info. Bummer about the RMZ, it looks so good! I wonder if you replace that rear shock how it would rank up? ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

I honestly think a simple revalve/changing the rebound stack will fix it right up.

Agreed about the shock, and I don't care about the bloody E start! They start super easy now anyways. It's a safe bet there will be a new '18 RMZ in my shop before next summer.cool

|

9/14/2017 9:21 PM

Basically they said if you go up a tooth in the rear on the yamaha and change the bars its just as good as any other bike.

|

9/14/2017 9:54 PM

What I took from this was, everyone says the new Yamaha feels like a couch. And the RMZ and KXF still finish behind it.

|

9/14/2017 10:04 PM

Great Job! Lots of info.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

9/14/2017 10:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2017 10:27 PM

Nice

|

9/14/2017 11:17 PM

Damn ML....good job! I haven't read it yet but it sounds like you guys really went to town on this one.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja