That's how you do live online viewing !!!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/4/2014 8:10 PM

Within 30 seconds of touching my laptop, I had a free, high resolution, live stream of the event.

I Google'd "red bull straight rhythm", clicked on the first hit, clicked on "Watch it here", 10 seconds later I'm watching for over 3 hours with no issues.

Thank you, Red Bull.
|

Ig

10/4/2014 8:26 PM

I had s few connectivity issues but over all I was 99%.

|

10/4/2014 8:28 PM

Indeed really enjoyable (free) livestream. Amazing quality also and no area restrictions (some streams only work for people in the usa like with what happened during the outdoors a few times). I hope this trends continues and they start jumping more on this whole broadcasting through the web thing it surely is really usefull for international viewers. Hopefully some online package thing will be made for the SX season.

|

10/4/2014 8:49 PM

Very good broadcast. Definately enjoyed it.

|

MORGANTOWNPOWERSPORTS.COM

10/4/2014 8:49 PM

just before the race i remembered XBox has an app store so a quick search for red bull and bam there it was, downloaded the app and hit "watch live"

i had full HD about 80% of the time, dropped to 480P for a bit but thats from shitty internet

overall awesome experience, took a total of 10 mins and i had near perfect streaming

im not surprised though Red Bull has always been awesome at getting media to the people

|

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

If you can't ride good you better look good, thats why I have new gear.

10/4/2014 8:53 PM

X2

|

10/4/2014 8:56 PM

Pretty much all non-stop action and no commercial breaks!...Good job Red Bull!!

|

10/4/2014 9:07 PM

Amazing job ,i watched it on my phone in HD quality with no freeze . 2 thumbs up from me.

|

10/4/2014 9:35 PM

Watched it via the Red Bull Channel on Apple TV, hi def, crisp and clear with NO lags or buffering for 3 1/2 hours.

By God it was beautiful.

Bravo Red Bull technical crew for making live streaming work perfectly.

|

10/4/2014 11:35 PM

Feld, MX Sports or whoever is in charge of the SX/MX series should take some notes. This broadcast was awesome and in perfect quality, watchable all around the world.

For a stream like that I would gladly pay a reasonable price for watching the SX/MX series.

|

"Me fail English? That’s unpossible." - Ralph Wiggum

10/4/2014 11:54 PM

Loved it, worked perfect over here.

|

10/5/2014 12:12 AM

that is how its done.

i couldn't watch it live but the delayed full event was online same day!

so good for the sponsors. the more people that see their name the better i reckon.

i hope this goes into the thought process of the people that run sx and mx.

|

10/5/2014 12:28 AM

mxmasta wrote:

Feld, MX Sports or whoever is in charge of the SX/MX series should take some notes. This broadcast was awesome and in perfect ...more

It's not in Feld's interest "core business selling seats"

|

10/5/2014 1:52 AM

Photo

Thank you RedBull, an excellent job by everyone involved.
|

If you love it lube it

10/5/2014 4:23 AM

I agree that's how live streaming should be done ! ''MX sports & Feld take note'' Didn't have to sign up or jump through any hoops, just click and watch. I watched the 1st half, left it loaded on my computer for about 6 hrs, came back rewound it and then watched the last half. It was awesome !! Thanks Red Bull that was a really cool event.

|

My real name is Mike from Phoenix AZ. and this is all just a fantasy.

10/5/2014 4:37 AM

agreed. great broadcast, awesome picture. and highlights already up, split into each race. Awesome work!

|

10/5/2014 5:13 AM

I'm amazed at how SX/MX fail so miserably at broadcasting.

|

I have the right to remain awesome.

10/5/2014 5:49 AM

Same here, and I'm in Iceland.

Thank you Red Bull. I went to sleep quite late, but heck, that was a hell of a fun race! Cheered for Pastrana like I was a 10 year old kid!

|

A proud catalan in a nordic country.

2004 KTM SX 125
2001 KTM EXC 200
2000 Suzuki RM 250
1998 Beta RK6 T 50
1974 OSSA Enduro 250

10/5/2014 6:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2014 6:15 AM

Aces 10!

I enjoyed the event so much more than I expected to.

The web cast kicked ass

Jason is the person I want to listen to tell me about the race.
Haven't found anyone that does a good a job .
Even the chicks yapping to the riders weren't bad

Maybe Red Bull should do a SX series

How many times are there more than 10 positive comments in a row about a broadcast or a race ?

|

10/5/2014 6:25 AM

Red Bull kills it with these events, it was awesome to watch. Like somebody else said, Feld/MxSports really ought to take some notes here. If we can have uninterrupted live coverage online for this, we can have it for the Nationals. Last summer's coverage with a 32:1 commercial: coverage ratio was laughable.

|

10/5/2014 6:32 AM

I agree. I was assuming the worst and not sure what to expect when i clicked on the link in the thread at the top of the page.
Wow just awesome, i was surprised how easy it was, no signup, back alley stream or hassle, just a perfectly setup broadcast stream that was flawless and simple. Thank you RedBull.

|

10/5/2014 6:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2014 6:59 AM

I agree with every post in here, all it did is prove how ancient the SX package has become. It's 2014 and Redbull created the new benchmark.

Awesome event too

|

10/5/2014 7:08 AM

I agree 100% I work in Afghanistan and our internet speed really sucks. Plus we're 9.5 hours later than East-Coast time, so watching after the fact (when I wake up) was great! Got low res video, but streamed without a hitch.

For motocross and supercross, I just have to bite the bullet and wait until somebody posts the races up, download the entire thing (can take a few hours), then watch. Sucks, and have to fight the urge to check online for the results before I can watch. And watching on AFN is not an option as they run the races after I go to sleep (and only half the races anyway).

Would be so nice if they had an equivalent setup for motocross and supercross. Wouldn't even mind watching ads! Oh well, one of these days they'll join the 21st century... Not sure what the hangup is really, lots of us out here are at least potential customers that are being missed.

|

10/5/2014 7:46 AM

I also agree with every post in here .

That is how it is done !

The AMA nats and SX broadcast situations are complete amateur hour in comparison . Wake up people !

|

10/5/2014 8:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2014 8:41 AM

It was very well done. I watched it through the Vurbmoto link.

I had a buddy come over during the quarter finals who's not into moto and he got right into it. I think Red Bull hit a home run with straight rhythm.

|

#SeelyNation
Twitter @JaridSavoy

10/5/2014 10:32 AM

Photo

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

10/5/2014 10:37 AM

It was pretty amazing to be able to just tune into it from apple tv. I'll probably get hacked over this, but I honestly wish there were a couple more breaks so I could run to the fridge/bathroom. It was non-stop adrenaline, I was screaming at the TV.

|

10/5/2014 10:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2014 10:54 AM

I used Amazon Fire TV to watch it on the big screen TV via the Red Bull app. Perfect.

I hope one day soon there will be a Supercross/motocross dedicated app just like it. I know they need the mass TV viewers to sell sponsorship but maybe if Monster had an app and used their influence to get the viewers it could at least start to work now.

Streaming to the TV with smart TVs, Apple TV, Amazon, Roku will be in every household eventually so why not be at the beginning of this trend. No Cable TV bullshit, switching channels, time restrictions on the broadcast, endless commercials, not available in your area of the world, delayed for Live soccer or what ever crap, not in your current package or simply unavailable no matter how much your willing to pay for the channel it happens to be on for this 4 month period only to have it change for the next season anyway (pay TV contracts are generally 2 years long grrr) etc etc.

In our house at least half of whats viewed on our TV comes through the Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV box. Need to get with the times!

|

10/5/2014 11:06 AM

I didnt see it live, but i just clicked the event on their homepage a few hours later and there it was archived for my viewing and i saw it all in 720p.

Thats what i call service!

Fun event and well done Red Bull!! I will keep pounding down red bulls every day if this is what i get from it smile

|

10/5/2014 11:22 AM

I agree with everything said... Awesome event, awesome click and watch on the IPad.... No hiccups, no nonsense it just worked!!!!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250