That's how it is done.

Regis
Fantasy
340th
Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 10:01pm
Respectful.

By both riders. Give an inch and take an inch.
|
dirtnapper
4/14/2013 10:48am
Yeah, but less so on RV's half.

I think that was a lame move by RV, to pretty much stop to hold up Dunge.

Then to say on the podium "....I let him go by...."

Kind of bratty.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/14/2013 10:58am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 11:25am
dirtnapper wrote:
Yeah, but less so on RV's half. I think that was a lame move by RV, to pretty much stop to hold up Dunge. Then to...

Kind of bratty.
He did let him by. He stood up and conceded. That was a respect move, not intended to mess RD up. Villo could have easily continued to play grab ass and slowed them both up, but the knew RD was faster.

Had he continued to race him, Dungey would have probably pinched him into the mechanics area as Dungey was set up on the inside. They passed each other plenty of times without touching. Pretty much coming as close as you can without contact.

That race was text book on both riders parts. RV could have pushed it, but why? 3 points with 3 rounds remaining? He wasn't going to roll over, he put up a hell of a fight and he wanted it bad but sometimes you just aren't the fastest.

No way was he accepting second when he let him by, like "ok i'm just gonna get 2nd" but he knew RD had him set up for that short straight.
moto282
4/14/2013 11:17am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 11:17am
Regis wrote:
He did let him by. He stood up and conceded. That was a respect move, not intended to mess RD up. Villo could have easily continued...
He did let him by. He stood up and conceded. That was a respect move, not intended to mess RD up. Villo could have easily continued to play grab ass and slowed them both up, but the knew RD was faster.

Had he continued to race him, Dungey would have probably pinched him into the mechanics area as Dungey was set up on the inside. They passed each other plenty of times without touching. Pretty much coming as close as you can without contact.

That race was text book on both riders parts. RV could have pushed it, but why? 3 points with 3 rounds remaining? He wasn't going to roll over, he put up a hell of a fight and he wanted it bad but sometimes you just aren't the fastest.

No way was he accepting second when he let him by, like "ok i'm just gonna get 2nd" but he knew RD had him set up for that short straight.
Agree 100%. Dungey was faster and RV could've kept trying to hold him up but knew Dungey had him. Smart move for the championship in my opinion. Fought for it and probably thought Dungey was closer when he stood up.

Great ride by Dungey and just the race I wanted to see.
DA498
4/14/2013 11:18am
dirtnapper wrote:
Yeah, but less so on RV's half. I think that was a lame move by RV, to pretty much stop to hold up Dunge. Then to...

Kind of bratty.
He wasn't letting RD by in that corner IMO. Looked more like an Alessi move to me. I like them all but it looked like he was getting desperate to block. After a couple failed attempts and a get together he may have took a breath, but came hard at the last corner to try a pass. Awesome race by both.

The Shop

blusmbl
4/14/2013 12:08pm
dirtnapper wrote:

Kind of bratty.
DA498 wrote:
He wasn't letting RD by in that corner IMO. Looked more like an Alessi move to me. I like them all but it looked like he...
He wasn't letting RD by in that corner IMO. Looked more like an Alessi move to me. I like them all but it looked like he was getting desperate to block. After a couple failed attempts and a get together he may have took a breath, but came hard at the last corner to try a pass. Awesome race by both.
Totally agree. That was a last ditch effort on RV's behalf. I really wish RD could bring that kind of aggression and urgency every round, that was the best racing I've seen in years.
4/14/2013 12:09pm
Glad to see Dungey race for the win and take it! If RV has a bad race it's going to be close.
Husqerdo
4/14/2013 12:11pm
dirtnapper wrote:

Kind of bratty.
DA498 wrote:
He wasn't letting RD by in that corner IMO. Looked more like an Alessi move to me. I like them all but it looked like he...
RV could not figure out where RD was making time so he had no choice but to protect the inside corners, nothing dirty just good racing. As Regis said, Dungey had to show "that's how it is done".
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
4/14/2013 12:17pm
dirtnapper wrote:

Kind of bratty.
DA498 wrote:
You speak the truth my friend except Alessi hasn't stopped in front of anyone to block someone from passing, crazy lines yes but stop no. It was a great race and Dungey is in RVs head, RV knows if 5 gets a start then he could lose.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/14/2013 12:20pm
dirtnapper wrote:

Kind of bratty.
DA498 wrote:
Husqerdo wrote:
RV could not figure out where RD was making time so he had no choice but to protect the inside corners, nothing dirty just good racing...
RV could not figure out where RD was making time so he had no choice but to protect the inside corners, nothing dirty just good racing. As Regis said, Dungey had to show "that's how it is done".
Holy crap!

Husqerdo and I agree! Smile

Dungey showed him that is how it is done last night for sure!
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/14/2013 12:26pm
dirtnapper wrote:

Kind of bratty.
DA498 wrote:
Crash82 wrote:
You speak the truth my friend except Alessi hasn't stopped in front of anyone to block someone from passing, crazy lines yes but stop no. It...
You speak the truth my friend except Alessi hasn't stopped in front of anyone to block someone from passing, crazy lines yes but stop no. It was a great race and Dungey is in RVs head, RV knows if 5 gets a start then he could lose.
LMAO.

"In his head"

HAAHAHAA. That is a good one crash. RD has a great night and stops a 5 race win streak. He is totally in RV's head.

Anyone know of a good sports psych for RV?
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
4/14/2013 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 1:22pm
I didn't say he needed to see a shrink over it, but your wrong if you don't think Dungey running him down and passing him changes the way RV thinks. Not sure what race you watched but the one I saw had RV shook up enough to stop in a turn trying to block because he had nothing for Dungey. Your he let him by out of respect story is what's laughable. No hard feelings of course. Smile
4/14/2013 1:12pm
the orange steel frame proved better than the aluminum frame in the flat turns
moto282
4/14/2013 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 8:37pm
Crash82 wrote:
I didn't say he needed to see a shrink over it, but your wrong if you don't think Dungey running him down and passing him changes...
I didn't say he needed to see a shrink over it, but your wrong if you don't think Dungey running him down and passing him changes the way RV thinks. Not sure what race you watched but the one I saw had RV shook up enough to stop in a turn trying to block because he had nothing for Dungey. Your he let him by out of respect story is what's laughable. No hard feelings of course. Smile
Hate to break it to you, but Dungey has done it to RV before and it didn't seem to bother him then. You won't find too many riders as mentally tough as those two. I highly doubt he is in RV's head. Probably will just add fuel to the fire like it does for Dungey.

Been browsing the forum and minus the open letter threads, the "only as good as your last race" saying is definitely true on vital. RV wins 5 in a row and now after one race he's slow and Dungey's in his head. Smile

Dungey does rise to the occasion though (hometown race). Always liked that about the 5.
HuskyEd
4/14/2013 8:43pm
Dunge also got a good start for once and wasn't buried in the back trying to pass 6-7 guys while RV rode away. Best race of the year.
4/14/2013 9:43pm
dirtnapper wrote:

Kind of bratty.
DA498 wrote:
Crash82 wrote:
You speak the truth my friend except Alessi hasn't stopped in front of anyone to block someone from passing, crazy lines yes but stop no. It...
The only rider I can remember stopping like Villo did was, Carmichael when he did it to Reed a couple of times at the US Open.

For both Villo and Carmichael it's a lame move.
Uncleof2
4/14/2013 9:54pm
Crash82 wrote:
Alessi looked like he was stopped last night when the leaders lapped him. Dungey in RV1's head? Nothing in yours! Wake up,
he won his 2nd race of the year, straight up, to RV's 8 races. RV started the night 21 points up and now he is 22 points up with
3 races left. RV1 needs to average 4th place in the last 3 races to guarantee the championship, the only thing in RV1's head
is stay up and stay calm and how to celebrate in LV. Go RV1Woohoo

Post a reply to: That's how it is done.

The Latest