That time of the year......Loretta Lynns

DE262
8/2/2018 3:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2018 3:10pm
I'm here all week. Flew straight from Washougal after the National.
Good racing all week thus far, with the usual suspects running up front- with a few surprises thrown in.

The weather has been great- not too hot/humid.

The livestream is the way to go- they nailed it with the drone coverage and the guest commentators.

Nate Thrasher is no stranger to the front of the pack- having made the switch from Kawasaki to KTM this past year, he will be up front wherever he lines up. Cool kid- great family.

A quick shout out to Washougal's Levi Kitchen in the 125 class- he rode his ass off to a podium finish against the fastest kids out there- not an easy task.

Seth Dennis is the future.

Stay tuned...
Rickyisms
8/2/2018 5:27pm
I was listening to the audio broadcast for the 125 B/C race (I think, it was a little after 2:30 pm). Wish i could've watched it live, sounds like Masterpool, Tijero, and Linville were dunking it out pretty good.
MBR
8/4/2018 11:29am
MBR wrote:
I raced 40+ yesterday and it was tough one. I have ridden plenty of tracks since getting my first bike in 1989, but the track at...
I raced 40+ yesterday and it was tough one. I have ridden plenty of tracks since getting my first bike in 1989, but the track at Loretta Lynn was totally different compared to any other one. It seemed I have lost all my ability to ride a motocross bike and could not find any flow out there. Day started out pretty good as I draw 9th chip and decided to start next to dog house. Unfortunately messed up and was around middle of the pack going through the first turn. Worked up to 12th place on the first lap, but crashed at ruts and dropped again outside 20th place. Got up and finished disappointing 21st and to add insult I also got lapped. Track was super rough and I rode horrible. Next moto is 10 am tomorrow, so hopefully the track would be a little smoother and I could find my mojo back.

My view for first turn

Mike Brown ruled the 25+ too

Arkmx wrote:
Welcome to LL's..! Typical experience of 96% of all racers there. Congrats on making it there, if you finish all 3 of you motos and leave...
Welcome to LL's..!

Typical experience of 96% of all racers there.

Congrats on making it there, if you finish all 3 of you motos and leave without a broken bone or bike, made new fiends consider it a WIN... it's Loretta Lynn's...!

P.S. you will never bitch about your local track conditions ever again!

Hope you have a good week!

Well that plan didn’t work out. This photo from 10 Commandments maybe explains the DNF from the second moto...
racerx317
8/4/2018 7:21pm
MBR wrote:
I raced 40+ yesterday and it was tough one. I have ridden plenty of tracks since getting my first bike in 1989, but the track at...
I raced 40+ yesterday and it was tough one. I have ridden plenty of tracks since getting my first bike in 1989, but the track at Loretta Lynn was totally different compared to any other one. It seemed I have lost all my ability to ride a motocross bike and could not find any flow out there. Day started out pretty good as I draw 9th chip and decided to start next to dog house. Unfortunately messed up and was around middle of the pack going through the first turn. Worked up to 12th place on the first lap, but crashed at ruts and dropped again outside 20th place. Got up and finished disappointing 21st and to add insult I also got lapped. Track was super rough and I rode horrible. Next moto is 10 am tomorrow, so hopefully the track would be a little smoother and I could find my mojo back.

My view for first turn

Mike Brown ruled the 25+ too

Arkmx wrote:
Welcome to LL's..! Typical experience of 96% of all racers there. Congrats on making it there, if you finish all 3 of you motos and leave...
Welcome to LL's..!

Typical experience of 96% of all racers there.

Congrats on making it there, if you finish all 3 of you motos and leave without a broken bone or bike, made new fiends consider it a WIN... it's Loretta Lynn's...!

P.S. you will never bitch about your local track conditions ever again!

Hope you have a good week!

I’m surprised the “slot car racing” people haven’t chimed in after seeing the pic of the ruts and loamy conditions. Lol...

Loretta’s has such an amazing mix of everything to test the skills and fitness of every racer. Rough, rutted, humid & hot conditions mixed with long motos makes for a great equalizer.

The Shop

Braaaphole
8/4/2018 9:38pm
We had a blast at the ranch again this year and there was some great racing. It amazes me how fast some of these kids are and how they separate themselves from the rest. Jalek Swoll was absolutely flying out there and had a 15+ second lead at one point while Pierce Brown charged from nearly dead last and passed Swoll for the win. Swoll still got the championship, consistency kills.
Local kid Curren Thurmen in open pro sport killed it finishing 4th with almost no support against some heavy hitters on factory bikes. Someone needs to pick him up and give him a shot.

Ty Masterpool is on another level, period. The kid is ridiculous on a 125.

Ryder D is the truth and could be the next RC if he continues to progress. His technique is flawless. It's no secret the track is brutal and Ryder was so smooth out there. Always in control, I don't think I even saw him dab a foot in the ruts. He didn't appear to be fighting the bike at all out there and had an amazing flow keeping his momentum and hitting his marks with ease while everyone else was slamming into ruts and getting out of shape. He made it look way too easy, it was damn impressive. A 13 year old kid shouldn't be able to ride a bike like that, he truly has that "it" factor.
To top it off, he wasn't 100%. He was sick all week.
Super nice kid too, seems like his parents have raised him right. My kid went up to talk to him and he perked up and greeted my kid when he was walking up. They chatted for a bit and Ryder hooked him up with a jersey.
Arkmx
8/6/2018 9:18am
MBR wrote:
Well that plan didn’t work out. This photo from 10 Commandments maybe explains the DNF from the second moto...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/04/278733/s1200_AF14DCAF_694F_404A_9858_47C8A8AF2678.jpg[/img]
Well that plan didn’t work out. This photo from 10 Commandments maybe explains the DNF from the second moto...
Crap happens there and you finished your 3rd moto!

Qualifying and coming over from Finland is awesome (not an easy task), congrats on the ride and come back when you can!

Post a reply to: That time of the year......Loretta Lynns

The Latest