That Honda...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/8/2017 7:33 AM

I don't know too much but just as a spectator in the stands, it seemed the Kenny's Honda was on another planet performance wise. I know the guy is in shape but man that bike was smooth everywhere..."like butta". Going into turns, exiting turns, whoops smooth. HRC efforts look like "theyrrrrre baaaaack".

|

1/8/2017 7:35 AM

MX-Files wrote:

I don't know too much but just as a spectator in the stands, it seemed the Kenny's Honda was on another planet performance ...more

Yeah it did.

|

Earn it!

1/8/2017 7:37 AM

MX-Files wrote:

I don't know too much but just as a spectator in the stands, it seemed the Kenny's Honda was on another planet performance ...more

He's definitely adapted to it very well for sure. Even quicker than he did with the Suzuki which he pretty much grew up on,

|

Honda Rules!

1/8/2017 7:39 AM

Hi setup is like watching an M3 vs Eli's commodore... Eli's bike is forward and back, body rolling see saw.

Kenny's Beamer don't move.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/8/2017 7:44 AM

It ain't the bike....

|

1/8/2017 7:51 AM

slipdog wrote:

It ain't the bike....

You're probably right to some degree, but he looks better, sooner than hedid on the Suzuki is all I'll say. They have it dialed in. If not, everyone else is in serious trouble.

|

Honda Rules!

1/8/2017 7:57 AM

dungy needs a start............kroc is rocking but its gonna be a fight

|

1/8/2017 8:01 AM

slipdog wrote:

It ain't the bike....

x1000

That said, he wouldn't look that good on a yami, look at what it has done to Chad he doesn't even look stylish on it!

|

1/8/2017 8:02 AM

I think Roczen would make Webbs Yamaha look the same.

|

1/8/2017 8:08 AM

slipdog wrote:

It ain't the bike....

Amen

|

1/8/2017 8:25 AM

His Honda has some serious torque though. Did you hear it how deep and throaty but still crisp it sounded chugging up the lips when he was hitting some of the difficult rhythm triples? Didn't even sound like he was using half the numbers the bike is capable of.

As far as the handling is concerned... It looked like it was right up there with the motor. Just watch the suspension's action in slow mo compared to the other bikes on landings/ up the faces of jumps etc.

You are all right, it aint' the bike. But the bike needs to be on par with Kenny... and that Honda is.

Side note/ observation: Roczen's style makes him much faster because he throws smoothness and soft easy transitioning out the window in a lot of sections. He flat out hits some of the sections as if he's rhythm-ing through moguls. Over clearing the first jump slightly and charging into the lip of the next face and then scrubbing it. I didn't see him clipping any landings to check up for the next lip. Like the Aussies say... Legendary.

|

1/8/2017 8:33 AM

Team Honda Robots...

Photo

|

1/8/2017 8:35 AM

That bike is stable, that 1st set of wheels that were getting cupped bad, his bike stayed stable the whole night, huck a buck for all other brands in that section

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

1/8/2017 8:39 AM

Kenny is bad news for the 2017 season.
He won by 16 seconds!
Did you see how he makes up tenths everywhere, anyone remember a dude called McGrath?
He found something special in the turns with his CRF, it is part bike/confidence, it's like he has never lost the front end and has 100% trust it won't plunge him to Terra Firma.
He enters the turn faster, doesn't stall up in the turn and exits faster, sweet shit to watch, except he is crushing my guys!
Kenny turns the Honda seamless, he connects the track like a road racer.
I am not a fan but his riding is very impressive.
Last night was the start of many years dominance by Kenny?, pretty scary deal and enough to give ya arm pump when you see him riding away so quickly.
#we'rescrewed

|

1/8/2017 8:41 AM

He tests on tracks with bumps, he knows how to set a bike, he pulls the tall gears and knows how to make a 450 work, as opposed to the 'look im bouncing off the limiter so i'm going fast ' brigade.

His woes at RCH were because they thought they knew best, and he left because of it.

Seely has gone well on the Honda, he knows how to ride too.

Roczen could win on any bike he is allowed to win on,

|

1/8/2017 8:45 AM

They've always had a good bike. Now they have a rider who is on fire. Of course the bike looks better.

|

1/8/2017 9:01 AM

Roczen is smooth, but the new CRF450R is really balanced package even in stock form. I watched my friend rode his CRF450R today for the second time (with spikes) and his riding looked unbelivable smooth and he turned really fast lap times also. I rode his bike and was 7 sec faster than my 250f (tires had a lot to do with it).

|

1/8/2017 9:40 AM

slipdog wrote:

It ain't the bike....

Yep. 100%. Kenny could ride any bike and have the same results. People need to quit saying the bikes are to blame, it's the rider.

|

1/8/2017 9:42 AM

There's a mental piece that needs to be brought up 80% rider 20% bike. That's something my dad always told my brother and I growing up we wanted the newest latest and greatest stuff but he kept that thought in our heads and it works. Ya some bikes might feel better vs other bikes but in an interview ken even said he can win on any bike his mind is in the right spot mentally and I think that's whats keeping him smooth and consistent and a threat for this season.

|

1/8/2017 9:59 AM

Yamaha's looked like they had the suspension of a triaxle and the cornering of a school bus.....Chad Reed and Cooper Webb looked super uncomfortable

|

1/8/2017 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2017 10:02 AM

It's actually more the bike than any of you clowns will ever know.

Watch how plush and poised his suspension is in compression and rebound. High and low speed.

Fucking Dialed.

That lets him ride smoothly with less effort, allowing him to push the pace more comfortably and go harder.

That's how he won outdoors along with line choices.

|

1/8/2017 10:10 AM

slipdog wrote:

It ain't the bike....

Premix wrote:

Yep. 100%. Kenny could ride any bike and have the same results. People need to quit saying the bikes are to blame, it's the ...more

Yep, I agree. But that rider has to ride the bike too. He's got to know what works for him, and be able to set the bike up to that end. The Honda is a damn good bike, but if Kenny wasn't allowed input into what he is comfortable with...it wouldn't look nearly as good. Right now, it looks like KR & Honda are mimicking the relationship that Dungey & KTM have enjoyed the last few seasons. I'm a Dungey fan...and I believe he'll be champion when the smoke clears, but it looks like he's gonna have to work for it this season more than ever!

|

1/8/2017 10:20 AM

All rider and not the bike???? When MC went to Suzuki he struggled. Baggett has struggled since moving from a kawi. Barcia has struggled since moving off the Honda. So has Tomac. I would say the bike has a lot to do with it. These guys are the best in the world. They don't forget how to ride

|

1/8/2017 10:26 AM

MX-Files wrote:

Or... it could be Roczen cause Seely looked just like the old Seely.

|

1/8/2017 10:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2017 10:34 AM

Hire a guy like Kenny and suddenly its the bike?? Riiiight

I hope when he loses some races (which he will) you all won't mind him blaming the bike?

|

1/8/2017 10:34 AM

Mike Alessi Honda did hit neutral when hitting big triple?

|

1/8/2017 10:39 AM

tek14 wrote:

Jeff about half way down page 1

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Alessi,1312350

|

1/8/2017 10:41 AM

it's more than just the platform, the 17 CRF 450 is an excellent base to work with and isn't going to hinder him that's for sure . Ken has an incredible team behind him together they found a setup he's very comfortable with early on, this has allowed to him have incredible confidence, and when a rider gets that kind of confidence this is what you get .

|

1/8/2017 10:46 AM

Midwest_Mafia wrote:

It's actually more the bike than any of you clowns will ever know.

Watch how plush and poised his suspension is in ...more

Yeah, Reed even said in the Ausie movie of his that the days of it being 80/20 are over. It's much more the bike now.....if you know how to fully utilize it.

But super stiff suspension and rev limiters are just too cool for some people. Dude....my forks don't even move....sweet.

|

1/8/2017 10:54 AM

tek14 wrote:

a bike hitting neutral isnt the bikes fault, the rider did it...move on please

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L