That Bryce Vallee crash, courtesy of the BRO

Edited Date/Time 4/4/2012 10:39pm
|
jasonward73
4/4/2012 10:14am
Wow. That was f'n brutal to watch. He got ruined. Best wishes to him and his family.

Jason
Grieby54
4/4/2012 10:16am
I hope somebody punched that flagger straight in the face.
DownSouth
4/4/2012 10:18am
Man that was ugly.

Why was the flagger at the landing of the jump?

The Shop

burba437
4/4/2012 10:21am
it just looked like they grabbed a bunch of dudes who didnt know what they were doing flagging the guy looked liked he was freaking out when bryce was getting landed on
honda 59
4/4/2012 10:23am
What the hell is the flagger doing? I am sorry but maybe the first two couldn't have been stopped but the rest of them could have been warned better with proper flagging.
jeffro503
4/4/2012 10:28am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2012 10:28am
Stupid flagger!! WTF was he doing at the landing of that jump?

That crash was really ugly to watch. Hope Bryce gets back to 100% one day and we see him back out there. Just goes to show how tough some of these kids are! And after watching that video....we are lucky that all of these dudes are still with us. It could have been much , much worse!
4stroke4DWIN
4/4/2012 10:31am
Wow that was brutal, best wishes for Bryce and his fam. Those flaggers are useless, why would you be at the backside botttom of a reverse stepup?
Grieby54
4/4/2012 10:32am
Wow that was brutal, best wishes for Bryce and his fam. Those flaggers are useless, why would you be at the backside botttom of a reverse...
Wow that was brutal, best wishes for Bryce and his fam. Those flaggers are useless, why would you be at the backside botttom of a reverse stepup?
Reverse step-up? A.K.A. step-down.... Laughing
Torco1
4/4/2012 10:33am
burba437 wrote:
it just looked like they grabbed a bunch of dudes who didnt know what they were doing flagging the guy looked liked he was freaking out...
it just looked like they grabbed a bunch of dudes who didnt know what they were doing flagging the guy looked liked he was freaking out when bryce was getting landed on
Uh, that's called most tracks. At least he wasn't playing catch with a dirt clod with another flagger, or angry birds on his phone....like the flaggers at the tracks I go to.
4/4/2012 10:33am
Wow that was brutal, best wishes for Bryce and his fam. Those flaggers are useless, why would you be at the backside botttom of a reverse...
reverse step up, more commonly referred to as a "step-down".

the description makes it even more horrible. BRO says something like, "those bikes are hurdling over his body"
mtl
4/4/2012 10:40am
Holy shit. Flagger needs to be shot.

I am against lawsuits against motocross tracks, but in this case Pala's flaggers are not positioned properly. And are obviously not trained in what to do.
Phillips467
4/4/2012 10:41am
That's a bad situation, he could of so easily come out of it fine had it not been the first lap of the race.
4/4/2012 10:53am
I would take it easy on the flagger. he probably didnt jump up and down and volunteer. he was probably volun-told. and seeing someone rag doll like that, probably just freaked him out.

I wouldnt shoot him, or punch him. there are plenty of flatbillers in the pala parking lot that are much better candidate for a beating, on principle.
Xeno
4/4/2012 10:55am
I'm not going to bash the flagger- he just wasn't trained properly. He probably feels worse than we do.

This is exactly why the Brett Downey Safety Foundation exists. www.mxsafety38.org/They train track owners, promoters and flaggers.

Was the promoter using flaggers with proper training?
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
4/4/2012 11:20am
That its hard to watch. Best wishes to those guys that got hurt. They were really moving before the crash.
motosmith
4/4/2012 11:21am
Did the flagger have his flag rolled up? He was waving a stick basically.
4/4/2012 11:22am
What will it take for amateur motocross to take flagging seriously? There is no other sport I can think of that so flagrantly ignores basic safety. it's stupid- and sometimes makes me wonder why I ever promoted this sport as something that kids should be doing.
I've been suiting up to take to the track on a national level track and heard them trying to recruit flaggers over the PA. Flagging is nothing but an afterthought in this sport.
4stroke4DWIN
4/4/2012 11:24am
reverse step up, more commonly referred to as a "step-down". the description makes it even more horrible. BRO says something like, "those bikes are hurdling over...
reverse step up, more commonly referred to as a "step-down".

the description makes it even more horrible. BRO says something like, "those bikes are hurdling over his body"
Lol I knew you guys would like that, I was gonna go for the "backwards step-up" but thought I would livin things up a bit.Blink

I've never been good at describing jumps. " Hey what gear you hit that in? what jump? you know that backwards mofo over on the back straight" lol thats my conversations at the track.Laughing
prillernut
4/4/2012 11:40am
Xeno wrote:
I'm not going to bash the flagger- he just wasn't trained properly. He probably feels worse than we do. This is exactly why the Brett Downey...
I'm not going to bash the flagger- he just wasn't trained properly. He probably feels worse than we do.

This is exactly why the Brett Downey Safety Foundation exists. www.mxsafety38.org/They train track owners, promoters and flaggers.

X2

I seriously doubt the flagger intentionally didn't flag...
Rooster
4/4/2012 12:28pm
I didn't need to see that.....
vet323
4/4/2012 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2012 12:45pm
What will it take for amateur motocross to take flagging seriously? There is no other sport I can think of that so flagrantly ignores basic safety...
What will it take for amateur motocross to take flagging seriously? There is no other sport I can think of that so flagrantly ignores basic safety. it's stupid- and sometimes makes me wonder why I ever promoted this sport as something that kids should be doing.
I've been suiting up to take to the track on a national level track and heard them trying to recruit flaggers over the PA. Flagging is nothing but an afterthought in this sport.
You've flagged for tracks a lot, I imagine-right?
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
4/4/2012 12:52pm
OH Damn...this dude is lucky to be alive. I went upstate distrcit 34 to watch some racing and i actually saw one of the flaggers texting half of the time, i just shook my head in disbelief. They get a bunch of young kids to do it and pay them like $40 for the day.
kardy
4/4/2012 12:53pm
motosmith wrote:
Did the flagger have his flag rolled up? He was waving a stick basically.
Yuuupp....
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
4/4/2012 1:04pm
mtl wrote:
Holy shit. Flagger needs to be shot. I am against lawsuits against motocross tracks, but in this case Pala's flaggers are not positioned properly. And are...
Holy shit. Flagger needs to be shot.

I am against lawsuits against motocross tracks, but in this case Pala's flaggers are not positioned properly. And are obviously not trained in what to do.
The racers need to ask about stuff like that sometimes.
honda 59
4/4/2012 3:22pm
Xeno wrote:
I'm not going to bash the flagger- he just wasn't trained properly. He probably feels worse than we do. This is exactly why the Brett Downey...

Yeah Xeno my friend was racing at Elsinore the same day and the Brett Downey Guy was there working with their flaggers. Maybe he should have went to Pala instead! They are volunteer so I guess they can't be at all the races every weekend.
fader418
4/4/2012 3:46pm
I have never seen a flagger that knows what he is doing.....
tobz
4/4/2012 5:30pm
It is unbleivable how BADLY those flaggers have been placed. Has no thought gone into it at all? Is that where they stand every meeting? It's as though they've just given a group of people vests and a flag and told them to stand randomly where ever they want. How disturbing.
Bigballer27
4/4/2012 5:38pm
Last week at Budd's Beasley said if we see a flagger texting or on the phone come tell him. Never heard that before.
GuyV
4/4/2012 5:46pm
I did not watch the video or read all the posts. Once I got to the flagger comment I could read no more. There was an accident somewhat similar to this at one of the early Day in the Dirt races, it was my understanding that the flagger ran to the crash site, tragic consequences!!!!
Last night I was wondering how many flaggers they had for this race. There were 310 entries at Pala, does anybody know what the entrie fee is/was? I have not been to many local races in the last 20 years but everytime I go I am shocked to see the small amount of flaggers and no on site EMT or ambulance. The races I did attend at Milestone it seemed that there where only half as many flaggers as there should be and they all seemed to be the rgular guys that flag during the week. I could be wrong but that was my observation. So I wondered if the flaggers came with track rental/lease, IF so SHAME on the promoters for this.
Donn Maeda IF, and please read the IF, there was not flagger training or a sufficient amount of flaggers SHAME ON YOU!!!!! I do have some race experience from way back when and if I need a little street cred, yea I used to be at racquetball courts at the high school but that was 30 years ago, it was pretty serious back then

Post a reply to: That Bryce Vallee crash, courtesy of the BRO

The Latest