That 450 Husaberg at the Czech GP

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2011 1:04 PM

looked pretty trick.

A local guy named Patrik Liska raced it and did 24 - 23 on it, beating both the factory Aprilia's.

I was not there so have no idea how it sounded.
Hope he will be at the GP in Gaildorf, Germany next month. Would love to see and hear that bike.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

8/8/2011 1:07 PM

"I was not there so have no idea how it sounded."

More than likely like a toilet flushing. It is indeed a 4 stroke!

|

8/8/2011 1:10 PM

And that my friends is what the US Nationals are missing and need...involvement from ALL the manufactures. Cool bike

|

8/8/2011 1:12 PM

Pretty interesting looking dirtsickle there Jeff.

Whenever i hear "Gaildorf, Germany" i think of the MXDN in i think '89? Stanton, MXKeid, and Wardy....wait, wasnt it also there in 85? Thorpe put on a clinic if i recall.

gotta love youtube!

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

8/8/2011 1:12 PM

^agreed

|

8/8/2011 1:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2011 1:16 PM

I am curious how that motor config affects feel and handling.

Are there any mechanical advantages to being stacked like that (yeah, when I typed it, I thought of big tits too), other than straighter intake tract?

|

8/8/2011 1:14 PM

1985 (love the title of this one) shocked

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

8/8/2011 1:16 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Pretty interesting looking dirtsickle there Jeff.

Whenever i hear "Gaildorf, Germany" i think of the MXDN in i think '89? ...more

Don't change the subject Scottie. laughing
But yes indeed, Gaildorf is oldschool GP.
I wonder what the track will look like now.
Last time I was there it was 2004 which was the last year they had a GP there if I'm not mistaken.

|

8/8/2011 1:19 PM

ya that was a bit of a hi-jack, sorry Jeff cool

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

8/8/2011 1:27 PM

They say the husaberg is the best turning bike out there! i wouldn't mind having one smile

|

8/8/2011 1:27 PM

just stock...

PhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto

|

8/8/2011 1:29 PM

2012 TE125

Photo

|

8/8/2011 1:29 PM

Husaberg ... Ask Jeff Emig how fast those bikes are!! Joël Smets and his Husaberg whipped Jeff Emig his ass at the MXDN97 at Nimes!

|

8/8/2011 1:58 PM

Nice looking bike and pretty good results too.

|

8/8/2011 4:33 PM

TerryB wrote:

I am curious how that motor config affects feel and handling.

Are there any mechanical advantages to being stacked like that ...more

MXA tested the first one configured like that awhile back. It was really heavy and they said that all the lightening effects of the mass centralization were wasted because the bike was so heavy.

Of course if you knocked off a bunch of weight all that mass centralization could come into play. Or not. I'd like to take one for a burn though.

The only thing I don't like about them is they have a plastic sub frame. Bust one at the track without a spare and your day is done. There would be no bending back of shattered plastic to get one more moto out of it.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Empty a bag of skittles into the toilet and then flush. It's like watching a five second long nascar race.

8/8/2011 4:44 PM

It also looks like there would be some dis-assembly needed to get at the shock to set the race sag.

|

8/8/2011 4:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2011 9:56 PM

Fantastic bikes to ride. Turning is incredible, despite what has been said above the bike feels extremely lite and nimble and the roar of the fuel injection sounds awesome. In Australasian Dirt bike Magazine (ADB ) they have won bike of the year for 2 years running.

|

8/8/2011 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2011 8:17 PM

Cool bike no doubt. Sucks that we couldn't keep this brand in Sweden but were "forced" to sell it to KTM.

|

8/8/2011 8:14 PM

DrSweden wrote:

Cool bike no doubt. Sucks that we couldn't keep this brand in Sweden but were "forced" to sell it to KTM.

There's only one brand I care about from Sweden...
[LINK TO IMAGE]
wink

|

8/8/2011 8:17 PM

jammin76tx wrote:

There's only one brand I care about from Sweden...
[LINK TO IMAGE]
wink

Yeah, I shouldn't be complaining really! smile

|

8/9/2011 12:12 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

It also looks like there would be some dis-assembly needed to get at the shock to set the race sag.

I think it's using the KTM PDS system, so the shock will be more accessable than it looks from these photo's.

|

E.A.S.S.C. - as fun as it gets.............

8/9/2011 12:31 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

PaleBlue wrote:

I think it's using the KTM PDS system, so the shock will be more accessable than it looks from these photo's.

Yep, if this guy shows up at Gaildorf next month I'll make sure I get more pictures.

|

8/9/2011 12:43 AM

it did not really sound any different from anything else,

i have spoken to people that have ridden them and they all say they feel very light to ride,

|

8/9/2011 9:34 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

PaleBlue wrote:

It's not. The subframe needs to be removed before you can adjust the preload collars.

|

8/9/2011 4:12 PM

I rode one for a few months as a demo. Its heavy..it feels light..really it does. Front end is very light. Its an offroad bike that could be a decent moto bike. Its turns ..well just think turn and it happens. Its a concept that probably will see the light of day again. Rumor has it that Kawasaki has a Japanese patent on that layout. Im not a 4 stroke guy in the woods but if I had to ride one I would ride a Berg. I loved it in really rocky technical stuff. Much less tiring to ride on day long trail rides than conventional bikes. Wierdest thing about riding it is the air filter is in the middle of the tank at the front of the seat so you can hear the intake under full throttle. I have several customers that make trips to Colorado and own 570 versions they use just for those trips. I did not have mine long enough to ride moto on it..but it was on the agenda and I would still like to try it.

|

8/9/2011 4:38 PM

I can almost bet you that's a future KTM 4-stroke engine they are testing under the radar.

|