Thanks Racer productions & mx sports

Trav138
Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 7:56pm
Thanks for hooking me up yesterday at steel city. Its 6 a.m. I pull up to the gate and tell Rita Coombs that im busted up and recovering from a couple broken legs and ankles and if they have some handicapp parking i' d be grateful. Then an Mx sports official tells me to park wherever i want . I ended parking 20 ft from that huge uphill double where all the crashes were. It was nice to be so close to the truck, and made my day alot more enjoyable since i was by myself. Thanks Davey & Co. For a great time.
|
9/2/2012 6:09pm
hmmm interesting. guess next time i need to find Rita. that or i need to get there at 6am.i had to ask 50 different people with yellow shirts on where we could park. no one knew shit. the handy capped seating was a nice touch though. didnt see that at highpoint anywhere. and its much easier to get around at steelcity. they put some killer big rocks down at high point.
Trav138
9/2/2012 6:14pm
Ya i went early thinking i might get closer before it starts getting crowded. I just got on crutches so i was stoked to be able to park so close. High Point would be harder with those rocks
MX Culture
9/2/2012 7:43pm
great facility, great track, large pits, good sound systems.
glad I went, it's been a few years since I've been there.
Switch
9/2/2012 7:56pm
If they keep a PA round, I hope it's High Point. I like Steel City, but it isnt laid out as well in my opinion. It feels really small. I have been to GNCCs with the same size "vendor row" that Delmont had. No crowd either, compared to past years. I'm sure the numbers will be massaged, but the far hill was empty, first time ive seen that. The parking in the "back field" was only half full, its usually full all the way the the main road.

Not to mention the fact that there were 2 stations of porta-shitters available to fans (up hillwalk to get to) and there were 10x10 pop ups EVERYWHERE on the infield. We moved 3 times just trying to see. The announcer kept saying no pop-ups but noone enforced it, it was a joke. I came home very unimpressed, I won't be back to that one.

Post a reply to: Thanks Racer productions & mx sports

The Latest