Thanks Barcia..

soggy
9/5/2022 9:29am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2022 10:11pm
3 herniated discs for Dylan after the take out. No mxdn, same injury that ended Zach-o career. 🖕🏻
|
Gravel
9/5/2022 9:34am
Is this verified?
Gravel
9/5/2022 9:37am
I can’t remember the details but Barcia welded in his reputation as an a&&hole when he torpedoed a lapped privateer on the last lap of an LCQ.
FerCzD
9/5/2022 9:37am
Bummer if true. Hope he is 100% for next year.
wolf18
9/5/2022 9:39am
Gravel wrote:
Is this verified?
I thought I saw Jason weigant posted it as well. If it’s true, dq’s are not enough. Now barcia ramped it up to hurting stewart’s knee, and Dylan’s back.

The Shop

USA
9/5/2022 9:40am
Zach also had spinal bifida from birth which contributed to his early retirement.

That's no excuse for Barcia's tactics, though. It's one thing to ride hard and aggressive, but it's entirely different to endanger those around you.

How many other riders can claim they have injured as many people as Barcia? He broke Bowers's leg, caused this back injury for Ferrandis, these aren't small injuries.
soggy
9/5/2022 9:46am
Gravel wrote:
Is this verified?
Weege brought it up on pulp review pod
mb60
9/5/2022 9:49am
But let's put the idiot on the Des Nations team. 😂
9/5/2022 9:50am
Barcia is a fucking hazard out there and something really needs to be done about it, he just doesn’t get it.
It must have been a huge impact and that’s why he was DQ’d
But cutting the track and injuring someone needs a harsher penalty..
Look how chase and Eli raced each other all year FOR THE TITLE!!
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
9/5/2022 9:56am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2022 9:57am
Cancel Culture has taken a strong footing in MX/SX.

Sad.

Saw the video from Barcias bike... that incident was not on him.

...but gather up your pitchforks....there has to be a villain to kill.

wolf18
9/5/2022 10:05am
Magoofan wrote:
Cancel Culture has taken a strong footing in MX/SX. Sad. Saw the video from Barcias bike... that incident was not on him. ...but gather up your...

Sad.

Just wrong! It doesn’t matter if you t-bone a guy, v-bone a guy(someone called it that), rubbed him, or kicked him. If there’s contact and the rider goes down with a back injury, you need to be held accountable. End of story. This sport is dangerous enough without people taking eachother out. I personally think it’s sucks for barcia, in that one day he will look back at his career and realize he was never a championship contender but a championship ender.
soggy
9/5/2022 10:08am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2022 10:10am
Magoofan wrote:
Cancel Culture has taken a strong footing in MX/SX. Sad. Saw the video from Barcias bike... that incident was not on him. ...but gather up your...

Sad.

Yea cause that one perspective tells the whole story 🙄.

And how is it not on barcia. DF made a clean move to the inside and barcia b-lined it straight across the track to take DF out.
Magoofan
9/5/2022 10:10am
wolf18 wrote:
Just wrong! It doesn’t matter if you t-bone a guy, v-bone a guy(someone called it that), rubbed him, or kicked him. If there’s contact and the...
Just wrong! It doesn’t matter if you t-bone a guy, v-bone a guy(someone called it that), rubbed him, or kicked him. If there’s contact and the rider goes down with a back injury, you need to be held accountable. End of story. This sport is dangerous enough without people taking eachother out. I personally think it’s sucks for barcia, in that one day he will look back at his career and realize he was never a championship contender but a championship ender.
Maybe you should take up another sport more fitting.... something like curling where the risk of incidental injury is next to nil.

I can't believe what I read on a "core" MX board these days. I grieve for this sport if this mentality is it's future.

SoCalMX70
9/5/2022 10:10am
wolf18 wrote:
Just wrong! It doesn’t matter if you t-bone a guy, v-bone a guy(someone called it that), rubbed him, or kicked him. If there’s contact and the...
Barcia doesn't have the capability to self reflect.
SoCalMX70
9/5/2022 10:13am
Magoofan wrote:

Sad.

Video shows nothing, really. Especially not where Barcia was looking.

Barcia's DNF, warranted or not, was brought on by his continuously shitty behavior. No one to blame but himself for making it an easy decision for officials.
Richy
9/5/2022 10:18am
Magoofan wrote:
Maybe you should take up another sport more fitting.... something like curling where the risk of incidental injury is next to nil. I can't believe what...
Maybe you should take up another sport more fitting.... something like curling where the risk of incidental injury is next to nil.

I can't believe what I read on a "core" MX board these days. I grieve for this sport if this mentality is it's future.

I like a lot of what you post, but I'm sick of people making like someone having a problem with straight-up dirty riding means they're a pussy or they need to go play tennis or some shit or they're not as macho man randy savage as the next guy who just wants to watch Moto Demolition Derby and doesn't think any rules are needed at all.

Fuck that, it's not cancel culture, it's being responsible for your actions, having some class and being a decent sportsman who respects their competition and themselves.
BigBoreFan58
9/5/2022 10:20am
I think it was in Indy, Barcia on a 250, where he roosted the medical team while they attended to a downed rider, who I think Barica had taken out. Then Barcia cried when they interviewed him.

I've hated him ever since, with a passion. He's a punk on the track. I'm surprised DeCoster even hired him.
Zycki11
9/5/2022 10:20am
wolf18 wrote:
Magoofan wrote:
Maybe you should take up another sport more fitting.... something like curling where the risk of incidental injury is next to nil. I can't believe what...

I’m staying away from the original argument other than to say that I hope Dylan can recover 100% as he is one of my favorites. On the other side, I respect the curling shoutout. Love that damn sport
Magoofan
9/5/2022 10:24am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Video shows nothing, really. Especially not where Barcia was looking. Barcia's DNF, warranted or not, was brought on by his continuously shitty behavior. No one to...

Barcia's DNF, warranted or not, was brought on by his continuously shitty behavior. No one to blame but himself for making it an easy decision for officials.
Lotta cognitive bias in the "lynch Barcia" threads.

See the same with Webb and other "controversial" riders. Just like politics these days. "I'm right...you're wrong".

What I see in Barcia is a guy full of heart that wants every position he has...whatever that position is. He's a racer.
That's not to say he isn't aggressive. It'll be a sad day when JB retires.

Just imagine if this guy were racing today?

People would lose their shit and go blind from rage.

Like I said earlier....people need their "villain" to string up.

Proceed.

Magoofan
9/5/2022 10:25am
Zycki11 wrote:
I’m staying away from the original argument other than to say that I hope Dylan can recover 100% as he is one of my favorites. On...
I’m staying away from the original argument other than to say that I hope Dylan can recover 100% as he is one of my favorites. On the other side, I respect the curling shoutout. Love that damn sport
Agreed on Dylans recovery. Huge fan of the guy.

Pit Row

Zycki11
9/5/2022 10:25am
This is a terrible idea, this is exactly what causes sharp and quick reactions that have potential to ruin a riders chance of a living. Obviously I understand Dylan’s current situation is in those same parameters at the moment. They need to start hitting riders with large fines that benefit the lower part of the field.
brettmx
9/5/2022 10:26am
wolf18 wrote:
Magoofan wrote:

Sounds like you are advocating for "Roller Ball" racing. Just slam into people, whip the bike into them over a jump (Barcia's already done that), just go straight into people. Maybe there will be added points on how many riders you can take out during a race.

I'm going to tell a litte story here that I haven't told the general public. I'm telling it now because of your handle "Magoofan". I was right behind him at CMC Goldenstate race at Saddleback- maybe 1979 or '80. It was the first lap so I wasn't behind him for long. He pulled away pretty quickly, but anyway we were on the inside of left hand turn that went slighty downhill and a rider fell on the outside as you exited the turn. Chandler change his line and swung wide and ran him over in a what I considered intentional. There was no reason to go out wide from the position we were in.
wolf18
9/5/2022 10:32am
wolf18 wrote:
Magoofan wrote:

brettmx wrote:
Sounds like you are advocating for "Roller Ball" racing. Just slam into people, whip the bike into them over a jump (Barcia's already done that), just...
Sounds like you are advocating for "Roller Ball" racing. Just slam into people, whip the bike into them over a jump (Barcia's already done that), just go straight into people. Maybe there will be added points on how many riders you can take out during a race.

I'm going to tell a litte story here that I haven't told the general public. I'm telling it now because of your handle "Magoofan". I was right behind him at CMC Goldenstate race at Saddleback- maybe 1979 or '80. It was the first lap so I wasn't behind him for long. He pulled away pretty quickly, but anyway we were on the inside of left hand turn that went slighty downhill and a rider fell on the outside as you exited the turn. Chandler change his line and swung wide and ran him over in a what I considered intentional. There was no reason to go out wide from the position we were in.
I’d imagine you guys would be singing a different toon if barcia took out sexton or tomac. If he put you guys on the ground I’d imagine you’d think differently. How much is your back worth. Last time I checked, you only get one.
Magoofan
9/5/2022 10:33am
Richy wrote:
I like a lot of what you post, but I'm sick of people making like someone having a problem with straight-up dirty riding means they're a...
I like a lot of what you post, but I'm sick of people making like someone having a problem with straight-up dirty riding means they're a pussy or they need to go play tennis or some shit or they're not as macho man randy savage as the next guy who just wants to watch Moto Demolition Derby and doesn't think any rules are needed at all.

Fuck that, it's not cancel culture, it's being responsible for your actions, having some class and being a decent sportsman who respects their competition and themselves.
We can agree to disagree and still be cool. Cool
Searights
9/5/2022 10:35am
I understand where some of the anger comes from, but can anyone prove intent?

As Magoofan pointed out above, can you imagine how much trouble Rex Staten would be in nowadays? He, and a host of others. I wish the best for Dylan!
Shred
9/5/2022 10:36am
Magoofan wrote:

Sad.

Omg…you are fucking dumb!! Why? Because the body of evidence is beyond enormous that bambam does it on purpose! If you race and watched that video then you KNOW if you gun it after being pushed wide there then you will hit the guy in the next corner. Anyone saying it just happened too fast must have never raced. I know what will happen if I pin it there….you can sure as hell bet barcia knew…and did it on purpose. God …some people are so fucking stupid! It’s was a 100% on purpose take out. barcia has a hell of a lot more control over his bike then any of us….and I would have/could have avoided that contact. He’s not incompetent….he’s a fucking cheap rider….
Magoofan
9/5/2022 10:38am
wolf18 wrote:
I’d imagine you guys would be singing a different toon if barcia took out sexton or tomac. If he put you guys on the ground I’d...
I’d imagine you guys would be singing a different toon if barcia took out sexton or tomac. If he put you guys on the ground I’d imagine you’d think differently. How much is your back worth. Last time I checked, you only get one.
Newsflash dude. Motorcycles are dangerous. If you're worried about your back or any other body part (even your life)....don't ride one.

Everyone accepts the risk when they swing a leg over a bike. Racing shit happens...

Keep riding that lynch-mob bandwagon.

Searights
9/5/2022 10:39am
Shred wrote:
Omg…you are fucking dumb!! Why? Because the body of evidence is beyond enormous that bambam does it on purpose! If you race and watched that video...
Omg…you are fucking dumb!! Why? Because the body of evidence is beyond enormous that bambam does it on purpose! If you race and watched that video then you KNOW if you gun it after being pushed wide there then you will hit the guy in the next corner. Anyone saying it just happened too fast must have never raced. I know what will happen if I pin it there….you can sure as hell bet barcia knew…and did it on purpose. God …some people are so fucking stupid! It’s was a 100% on purpose take out. barcia has a hell of a lot more control over his bike then any of us….and I would have/could have avoided that contact. He’s not incompetent….he’s a fucking cheap rider….
Dylan’s mom,

Calm down this instant! 😁
Magoofan
9/5/2022 10:44am
brettmx wrote:
Sounds like you are advocating for "Roller Ball" racing. Just slam into people, whip the bike into them over a jump (Barcia's already done that), just...

I'm not advocating for "roller-ball" racing at all. This is a "contact" sport, always has been. You fight for position...

Barcia is the easy "scapegoat" for peoples focus. When he's gone, it'll be someone else.

Cool history that you were able to race with one of the greats. Cool That sure doesn't sound like something Magoo would have done intentionally....it doesn't fit his personality (not that I ever knew him personally).
wolf18
9/5/2022 10:45am
wolf18 wrote:
I’d imagine you guys would be singing a different toon if barcia took out sexton or tomac. If he put you guys on the ground I’d...
Magoofan wrote:
Newsflash dude. Motorcycles are dangerous. If you're worried about your back or any other body part (even your life)....don't ride one. Everyone accepts the risk when...
Newsflash dude. Motorcycles are dangerous. If you're worried about your back or any other body part (even your life)....don't ride one.

Everyone accepts the risk when they swing a leg over a bike. Racing shit happens...

Keep riding that lynch-mob bandwagon.

Like I said before, this sport is dangerous enough without having someone out there purposely putting you on the ground, HARD. I don’t know why you don’t get that. There’s a big difference between riding aggressive and maybe someone tipping over. Versus riding aggressive and hurting people.
Gravel
9/5/2022 10:48am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Video shows nothing, really. Especially not where Barcia was looking. Barcia's DNF, warranted or not, was brought on by his continuously shitty behavior. No one to...

Magoofan wrote:
Lotta cognitive bias in the "lynch Barcia" threads. See the same with Webb and other "controversial" riders. Just like politics these days. "I'm right...you're wrong". What...
Lotta cognitive bias in the "lynch Barcia" threads.

See the same with Webb and other "controversial" riders. Just like politics these days. "I'm right...you're wrong".

What I see in Barcia is a guy full of heart that wants every position he has...whatever that position is. He's a racer.
That's not to say he isn't aggressive. It'll be a sad day when JB retires.

Just imagine if this guy were racing today?

People would lose their shit and go blind from rage.

Like I said earlier....people need their "villain" to string up.

Proceed.

I watched Rex race, he was aggressive as hell but he wasn’t a takeout tool like JB. And if JB was to meet Rex on the track, Rex would make a sniveling bitch out of JB, on the track or in the pits.

Post a reply to: Thanks Barcia..

The Latest

The Latest