Thanks Aussie

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2009 4:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 7:21 PM

Hey guys,

I just wanted to get on here and update everyone on my trip over to Australia for the final round in Brisbane. First of all I really want to thank Derrick, Jay, and Trish Rynenberg(Owners of the team)Andy Cunningham, Ash Simpson, Danny, my mechanic for the weekend Craig Behl and everyone else involved with the JDR Motorsports/MxRad team. They are a top notch team and have a great atmosphere around the pits. For these guys to come out like that and get the results they have in their first year is great. We need more people like them in the sport. I also want to thank all the fans that showed up to the Brisbane round, they are the ones that are helping build the sport over there. Everyone in Australia is so nice and respectful and I can't wait to go back over there.

It was a great experience for me to go over there and race with Australia's top riders like Jay Marmont, Dan Reardon, Tye Simmonds, Daniel McCoy, and the rest of the guys. It was nice to see Davi and Josh show up to race with the guys as well, that shows how the sport is growing over there. I can see a lot more people going over there in the years to come. I just read Jay's interview on RacerX and I won't lie, it felt good to see that he had even mentioned me in the interview and said he enjoyed racing myself and the rest of the field Smile. I have a lot of respect for Jay and what he has done this year, I know it was tough for him to continue the series and he came out and still killed it!

I have some very exciting news that I will be able to talk about in the next few days, I am just going to wait and let the ink go onto the paper before I start talking about it!

PJ Larsen

|

12/8/2009 5:36 PM

great ride last weekend, good to hear ya got a team lined up, bet thats a big relief

|

12/8/2009 5:39 PM

Good ride! Glad it was a positive experience for ya. I commend you on good spelling and punctuation also.wink

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

12/8/2009 5:48 PM

good job down under pj,i hope your able to get good equipment next year

|

12/8/2009 5:49 PM

Thanks for the insight PJ, good luck this season. Its too bad you cant "type" in your dad's southern drawl. smile

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

12/8/2009 11:26 PM

Thanks for coming over to Australia PJ.The Aussie SX scene can only get better with riders of your ability coming down here.Nice riding by the way and we hope to see you here again next year.

|

12/8/2009 11:31 PM

Preset wrote:

Thanks for coming over to Australia PJ.The Aussie SX scene can only get better with riders of your ability coming down ...more

X2
I was wandering during practice who the hell was 27 definately got some game

|

12/8/2009 11:34 PM

A big thanks to you PJ, its along way to come for one race and it was great to see you out there. Hope you can come back next year.

|

12/8/2009 11:35 PM

Right on PJ, glad to hear you enjoyed yourself mate and that you are keen to come back.

Hopefully you can do the complete series next year.

All the best for 2010.

|

12/8/2009 11:41 PM

PJ is one of the nicest riders you will ever meet, always has a smile,,, great job.

|

12/9/2009 12:47 AM

Class-act post, PJ! Good stuff!

|

12/9/2009 12:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2009 12:58 AM

Good luck P.J. with everything this season. Made a fan outta me this past season.

|

12/9/2009 1:19 AM

andymoto wrote:

Good luck P.J. with everything this season. Made a fan outta me this past season.

Made quite a few fans down here I would say.

|

12/9/2009 1:49 AM

Preset wrote:

Thanks for coming over to Australia PJ.The Aussie SX scene can only get better with riders of your ability coming down ...more

41NDT wrote:

X2
I was wandering during practice who the hell was 27 definately got some game

X3.. yee haa PJ27 for 2010 sx in oz

|

Wish i could ride how my mind tells me to ride..

12/9/2009 2:35 AM

We appreciate you coming. I'll definately be cheering for you next season and i hope it's a cracker for you.

|

12/9/2009 3:02 AM

Class act PJ, thanks for filling the void and coming here.
Its great to have US guys come over.

what u think of the competition ?

Good luck in 010' champ

|

Ride.Race.Live

12/9/2009 3:04 AM

Thanks for coming mate. Hope to definately see you back next year with a few more of your pals toowink

|

The Villopoto strategy is simple. Get a good start and haul ass. If you don’t get a good start, haul more ass.

12/9/2009 3:33 AM

Another nice guy gets a ride. It's so nice to see things coming together for you PJ. Good luck in 2010.

|

Are we gonna ride or are we gonna mess around all day?

12/9/2009 4:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2009 4:13 AM

good stuff PJ. We made the trip up to Brisbane and it's cool to see more and more US riders making the trip. It's pretty surreal to see riders that we've only seen on the screen, it's so much better in real life. Hope to see more come down next year!

|

12/9/2009 6:12 AM

Class act!

|

12/9/2009 6:31 AM

cant wait to hear the news, great job down under! thanks for the update...keep them coming through the sx year if you have the time!

|

12/9/2009 7:08 AM

Thanks for all the support guys!

SixEight, the competition was great! I wish I could have had a few good starts and gotten up there to battle with the top guys more but I had a pretty good race with Marmont the third race so that was fun.

PJ

|

12/9/2009 8:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 7:22 PM

Personally I think it's cool.
Opportunities such as this & the 1
Cunningham had don't come along daily.
Some of the best riders & mechanics have
come up from down under as they say & believe
me they always seem to hold their own!
Funny, had a chat or 2 with PJ before he went down
there, & boy was he pumped to give it a go!
Now, he's back & sounds equally as pumped!
Moral to the story.......Good rides can come from anywhere,
so when the bus pulls up, get on it!
Dave O.wink

|

12/9/2009 8:55 AM

Thanks for the report.

I didn't see what place you got ?

|

12/9/2009 12:56 PM

thanks for coming PJ...smile

american SX really needs a strong "feeder" series like the one in OZ....hopefully the euros will get a proper series going as well.

|

12/9/2009 6:24 PM

PJ just wanted you to know that we are very proud of you. Keep up the good work!!! Always pulling for ya and miss seeing you in person, Love to ya always Kim, Mark, Whitney and Cody Robbins

|