Thank you TLD and Atlas

bvm111
Edited Date/Time 5/12/2014 4:49pm
probably doesnt need a thread all by itself but...

I had a really bad highspeed get off today, 4th gear pinned down back straight away on the 06 KX 250! Swapped through a G out and highsided pretty violently. I remember pinning it to try to correct, ground sky ground sky, and impacting terra firma face first. My TLD SE3 kept every thing together through my face plant and without scientific proof im sure my atlas neck brace did its job condidering how sore my neck is.

bottom line is it could have been a lot worse and i just want to take the time to thank those in the industry that provide high quality protective equipent so i can still kick back on the couch and have a beer and price out all my replacement parts to repair the ole KX 250!!!
|
KMC440
5/11/2014 4:17pm
Ouch .... glad you're doing ok.

Thanks for posting a positive vibe.
Wolfman
5/11/2014 4:20pm
Glad you came out ok. Those crashes are the worst!
bvm111
5/11/2014 4:40pm
thanks guys... i had just passed this guy in open practice amd was "winning again" just my luck... im blaming the bike and getting out of my contract!!!! Tongue

The Shop

mirramaxx
5/11/2014 6:11pm
For sure its the bike fault lol. Glad to hear you came out ok !!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/11/2014 6:22pm
Glad to hear your gear did its job amd that you're okay.
bvm111
5/11/2014 6:52pm
Thanks Steve .... I have a hell of a headache and my neck is getting stiffer by the minute, but, I'll take a stiff neck over a broken one any day of the week!
Dx3moto
5/11/2014 7:03pm
Ouch, sounds like a tough hit.

I'd say it's time to crack open a cold one and take the week off Tongue
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
5/11/2014 9:46pm
bvm111 wrote:
Thanks Steve .... I have a hell of a headache and my neck is getting stiffer by the minute, but, I'll take a stiff neck over...
Thanks Steve .... I have a hell of a headache and my neck is getting stiffer by the minute, but, I'll take a stiff neck over a broken one any day of the week!
Dude, don't you know your too old to hit the deck like that!? Wink glad you are not injured too bad. Anytime we can get up and walk away with soreness ain't too shabby!
JM485
5/11/2014 9:53pm
Damn, good to hear you walked away ok. The worst is waiting for something to start hurting, when it doesn't hurt right away it's usually not good!PinchLaughing
bvm111
5/11/2014 10:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2014 10:35pm
bvm111 wrote:
Thanks Steve .... I have a hell of a headache and my neck is getting stiffer by the minute, but, I'll take a stiff neck over...
Dude, don't you know your too old to hit the deck like that!? ;) glad you are not injured too bad. Anytime we can get up...
Dude, don't you know your too old to hit the deck like that!? Wink glad you are not injured too bad. Anytime we can get up and walk away with soreness ain't too shabby!
No kidding Travis... I didn't mean to honestly I didn't Wink

Yeah extremities are doing good... But the Mellon is feeling it right now! I didn't black out or having ringing in the ears or see those cool little lights in front of my eyes, but, I don't think any amount of ibuprofen is going to help my head right now! Tongue

Are you going to Hangtown for the National?
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
5/11/2014 10:49pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2014 10:50pm
bvm111 wrote:
Dude, don't you know your too old to hit the deck like that!? ;) glad you are not injured too bad. Anytime we can get up...
bvm111 wrote:
No kidding Travis... I didn't mean to honestly I didn't ;) Yeah extremities are doing good... But the Mellon is feeling it right now! I didn't...

Yeah extremities are doing good... But the Mellon is feeling it right now! I didn't black out or having ringing in the ears or see those cool little lights in front of my eyes, but, I don't think any amount of ibuprofen is going to help my head right now! Tongue

For sure buddy! Gonna take work off Friday and do a little pre-gaming with the buddies Tongue try never to miss the close one! Nationals are awesome! Its always a guys trip to the nats, something about hot sun and all day doesn't do it for the wife (she like sx) you gonna make it?
bvm111
5/11/2014 11:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2014 11:12pm
bvm111 wrote:
No kidding Travis... I didn't mean to honestly I didn't ;) Yeah extremities are doing good... But the Mellon is feeling it right now! I didn't...

For sure buddy! Gonna take work off Friday and do a little pre-gaming with the buddies :P try never to miss the close one! Nationals are...
For sure buddy! Gonna take work off Friday and do a little pre-gaming with the buddies Tongue try never to miss the close one! Nationals are awesome! Its always a guys trip to the nats, something about hot sun and all day doesn't do it for the wife (she like sx) you gonna make it?
I'm in for sure, I had the wife convinced she didn't want to go... But the other day she sounded like she wanted to?!

I'll keep working on letting know her how bad of an idea it was for her to want to come along... And she would rather spend the day at the spa!
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
5/12/2014 10:23am
bvm111 wrote:

For sure buddy! Gonna take work off Friday and do a little pre-gaming with the buddies :P try never to miss the close one! Nationals are...
bvm111 wrote:
I'm in for sure, I had the wife convinced she didn't want to go... But the other day she sounded like she wanted to?! I'll keep...
I'm in for sure, I had the wife convinced she didn't want to go... But the other day she sounded like she wanted to?!

I'll keep working on letting know her how bad of an idea it was for her to want to come along... And she would rather spend the day at the spa!
Nice! look forward to running into ya!
jndmx
5/12/2014 11:01am
Damn dude glad you're alright.
rockyuno
5/12/2014 11:44am
I'm glad you are OK and that I just bought an Atlas brace too.

You were using any kind of chest protector? I'm running my neck brace without chest protector now because I can't find one that fits good together
bvm111
5/12/2014 11:51am
Thanks guys, took the day off from work!

Head feels better and the neck is pretty stiff, but, now all the other crash pain and soreness is sinking in. My right shoulder took a hell of a hit, and evidently so did my left leg and I didn't know it!

I'm moving slow and I am sore but I think I made it through with only a bruised ego and some cracked plastic and slightly bent Handel bar!

I didn't even bend a lever!!! Cheerful

I just wanted to again to take the time and thank TLD and ATLAS for providing quality protective equipment!
Denny979
5/12/2014 1:04pm
Besides new plastic and bars you should probably look at replacing the helmet. A good thing with TLD helmets is they still look great on a display shelf after doing their job.
bvm111
5/12/2014 4:17pm
Denny979 wrote:
Besides new plastic and bars you should probably look at replacing the helmet. A good thing with TLD helmets is they still look great on a...
Besides new plastic and bars you should probably look at replacing the helmet. A good thing with TLD helmets is they still look great on a display shelf after doing their job.
Oh for sure, I don't mess with the helmet after one good hit!

Looks like I'm going back to Shoei Windham replica VFX W, I am taking a few weeks off to let the Mellon get better and will order after I get paid at the end of the week!
bvm111
5/12/2014 4:21pm
rockyuno wrote:
I'm glad you are OK and that I just bought an Atlas brace too. You were using any kind of chest protector? I'm running my neck...
I'm glad you are OK and that I just bought an Atlas brace too.

You were using any kind of chest protector? I'm running my neck brace without chest protector now because I can't find one that fits good together
No I wasn't, I'm still trying to look cool at 40 years old!

I am looking for one that will fit well with the neck brace and haven't really found one yet. I was thinking about just taking the plunge on either a Leatt or TLD, or one of those padded under protector things that alpine stars or TLD offers. My problem is that I'm a pretty muscular guy with broad shoulders so those things might be uncomfortable!

If you find something that works well with the Atlas let me know!
rockyuno
5/12/2014 4:29pm
I left a comment in the Atlas web asking for a chest protector suggestion and Brady Sheren (CEO of Atlas) wrote me this back:

Hey Rodrigo,

Most chest protectors on the market will need some modification to work properly under your jersey, since the brace will have to sit on top. You will want something like the TLD 5900, that is relatively flat. You may need to adjust your brace a little bit bigger to accommodate for the added thickness of the protector.

Since most chest protectors were made before we launched our product, they are simply not made to fit our product properly, and as I mentioned may require some modifications… But the TLD protector is a great start.

Thanks,

Then he sent me a link to this... we should wait a little maybe:
http://www.atlasbrace.com/atlas-defender/

It's designed for what we are looking for.

Great customer care btw.
bvm111
5/12/2014 4:49pm
Thanks for sending that to me, that is exactly what I want do they provide a release date?
I didn't see one in the web page!

If you could see the marks and bruises that have developed you can see exactly how the brace transmitted the force, it's pretty cool actually. The way that I impacted the majority of the force was a compressional force down onto my trapezius on my right shoulder. Then the load was transferred down the left front where the pad made a pretty good bruise/scrape down my chest.

I am attributing the lack of other injuries to my recent excessive beer intake creating a nice bloated look for extra padding!!! Laughing

Post a reply to: Thank you TLD and Atlas

The Latest