Thank you Jason, Justin and Zach!

mxracer71
Fantasy
2442nd
9/29/2019 12:19pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That could very well be. Either way, hopefully Cooper is just battered and bruised. His first MXdN didn't go as planned and a broken arm to...
That could very well be.

Either way, hopefully Cooper is just battered and bruised. His first MXdN didn't go as planned and a broken arm to top things off, wouldn't make for great memories.
colintrax wrote:
2016 Anderson broke his foot, then ya know. Kamikaze. 2017 Covington tore his ACL. 2019 Cooper breaks his arm? Cant even blame the guys opting to...
2016 Anderson broke his foot, then ya know. Kamikaze.
2017 Covington tore his ACL.
2019 Cooper breaks his arm? Cant even blame the guys opting to not go for unpaid race.
Interesting that some of you fans continue to mention “no pay” whilst Jason’s instagram tells us he’d “do it all again”. What does that say about...
Interesting that some of you fans continue to mention “no pay” whilst Jason’s instagram tells us he’d “do it all again”.

What does that say about a man..?
Thats says he's a bad ass mother effer that will go above and beyond to race for his country. That also goes for zack and cooper. Even though cooper was back here riding in the states for another week im sure he's rather ride the sand then that beat up nuevo track for a week in 110 degree weather!
Sideways
9/29/2019 12:33pm
Totally agree! Following jason and zach on their vlogs has been awesome and im a new fan of Jason, what a cool guy!

And about the racing, shit luck again.. like alot of other teams. The weather was horrible and ruined alot of possibly good battles. I hope the same team goes next year, france will habe better weather and i really think they can win if everything goes their way.
9/29/2019 12:49pm
Interesting that some of you fans continue to mention “no pay” whilst Jason’s instagram tells us he’d “do it all again”. What does that say about...
Interesting that some of you fans continue to mention “no pay” whilst Jason’s instagram tells us he’d “do it all again”.

colintrax wrote:
Says he cares about things other than money. But end of the day, they gotta make money. I try to limit my risks so I dont...
Says he cares about things other than money.

But end of the day, they gotta make money. I try to limit my risks so I dont miss work, and I have a savings, short term, and long term disability. If these guys miss a race, they're losing out on bonus money.

Of course I don't know how youd organize pay for this, I'm sure theres money from some sponsors. But mxgp has no purse so why do one for the mxon. Anyways this is the wrong thread for this argument, I dont mean to derail here. Just keeping my fingers crossed that Cooper is ok aside from bruises.
If Jason isn't concerned about his pay rate for the event, why are you??
motomike137
9/29/2019 1:05pm
This race needs a different perspective from the "industry". The powers that be need to get together and realign their schedules around the world so that this thing takes top or at least as much priority as any series or individual event. Also the "industry" worldwide needs to allow all of these guys an off season. We need every moto star worldwide chomping at the bit to compete in this event. Maybe it even warrants a format change of some sort but I really feel they need to exploit the opportunity to literally have all of the best guys in the world racing each other.

The Shop

plowboy
9/29/2019 1:05pm
The "risk of injury and no pay" keeps getting brought up about US riders participating at the Nations. They are valid (maybe slightly lame) but a reality.

I'd be happy as hell if a buck or two was added to every MX/SX admission ticket to support the MXoN team. I'm no mathematician but that's a fair bit of money.

Risk? That's something that just can't be mitigated. A fair amount of injuries happen at the practice track. If you were a top rider...would you rather have an injury practicing or at the Nations. Neither is good but somehow when you're 50 years old and you tell your grand kids that your career ended representing your country it's just gonna play better.

Don't get me wrong...I dig money the same as the next guy but, lame as it may sound, I'd rather be respected than rich.

Never again will I diss a rider for not wanting to be on the team but neither will I fail to praise those that do. Ok, rant over.
Crossup
9/29/2019 1:35pm
Zach, Justin, and Ando... Thanks so much for a representing us this weekend and the work you put in in the last few weeks. It won't be forgotten. Much respect!

MX690
9/29/2019 1:50pm
Coming from an Aussie I would like to say well done team USA, you get an A++ just for effort alone, fantastic to see a team as dedicated as what you guys we're. Unfortunately the results didn't match your effort but that's racing. You should all be extremely proud of yourselves and your country men should be proud of your efforts as well.
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1815th
9/29/2019 1:54pm
That was the best team the USA could send even if Tomac And AC were available. Those guys did awesome and I’m pretty sure they would have been on the podium bar that crash. To come over and prep the way they did for a number of weeks showed their commitment and heart. You should be proud rather than critical of those guys.
Shaned9326
9/29/2019 2:03pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
Team USA didn’t excuse themselves to prep for supercross, they stepped up to represent their country. I hope they had a good time and learn from...
Team USA didn’t excuse themselves to prep for supercross, they stepped up to represent their country. I hope they had a good time and learn from the experience.
Well said!!
peltier626
9/29/2019 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2019 4:13pm
This race needs a different perspective from the "industry". The powers that be need to get together and realign their schedules around the world so that...
This race needs a different perspective from the "industry". The powers that be need to get together and realign their schedules around the world so that this thing takes top or at least as much priority as any series or individual event. Also the "industry" worldwide needs to allow all of these guys an off season. We need every moto star worldwide chomping at the bit to compete in this event. Maybe it even warrants a format change of some sort but I really feel they need to exploit the opportunity to literally have all of the best guys in the world racing each other.
This exactly! 12 rounds of SX and 12 rounds of MX is a good start. And once again thanks team USA for allowing us an inside view and for representing us.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
9/29/2019 5:08pm
Don’t these riders have to pay out of pocket to go to the mxon. Seems like I remember reading that from past teams.
agn5009
9/29/2019 5:43pm
They all rode their asses off and I’m proud of them. Had that first moto crash not happened I have absolutely no doubt our guys would have been on the podium. That’s racing though and I hope all 3 of them are selected again next year and go do some damage.
Crush
9/29/2019 5:56pm
All you can ever ask of anyone is for their best effort.
hellion
9/29/2019 6:02pm
It’s too bad that they’ll probably look at it as failing. They’re racers after all. That’s just the way it is. I hope they can take away some great memories, I hope they forged some great friendships, and I hope this experience pays off in some other way somewhere down the road. Not that they care, but they’ve made me proud to be an American too. F’n badasses they are!
Janus9
9/29/2019 6:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2019 6:07pm
Shit happens, it's moto. One day you are winning, the next day you are eating dirt.

They gave it all they had, and you can't ask for anything more than that.

Hold your head up high guys.
ATKpilot99
9/29/2019 7:13pm
Still proud of these guys. They gave it their all .
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
9/29/2019 10:10pm
Crazy how lower expectations and being more public and open with an effort can change how a result is viewed.

I mean this in a good way. The USA isn't at the top and hasn't been for a while. "We" Team USA (yes, I feel like many of us have that national pride and feel part of the effort as fans) have been beaten enough that the USA is now considered one of the top teams, but not THE top team like once was the case after a crazy amount of wins.

Credit to the other nations for raising their game and not the USA for lowering theirs because in my opinion, racers still try their best to find a way to get it done. Whether it is prep or organization or riders, the teams all are put their effort forward and it is a real team event. No single thing is holding a team back or elevating a team to the podium.

What I will say is, sending a team that openly shows they want to go, they will do everything in their power to do well, and they won't quit no matter what is all a fan should ask. There are still dimwits out there who didn't even likely watch the race only seeing the result and saying (Waterboy quote) "WE SUCK AGAIN!" but the true fans from around the world know the USA team was a contender for a podium, fought hard, and is still a really strong group of racers and personal.

Thank you to modern media, Tom and Matt, as well as Jason, Zack and Justin for letting us watch from abroad and feel part of the team. I applaud this effort.

Cooper coming in was going to be interesting to me being pretty young and tossed into such a crazy situation; however, STARTS at the MXoN are always extremely important and he's proved he can do that. After Saturday, I actually had my hopes brought up because I know Jason and Zack are "gamers" and will show up and not quit on raceday and Cooper showed he's in a great spot. Of course things didn't work out, but I think that qualifying effort and single qualifying moto win from Cooper solidified to me that the USA isn't far off from being a contender to win again in the near future. Zack and Jason had adversity, they didn't quit, they had respectable results in touch conditions with tough circumstances. I can get behind that too.

I'm glad to see many fans behind these guys and praising their efforts versus making excuses or putting down the talent from the other nations. For those falling in the minority still doing that... well... I don't have many nice words so I'll sign off from my book with the positive thought from above and a thank you to Team USA, Team Fried and Jason, Zack and Justin Cooper. Thinking the podium comes back in 2020!
9/29/2019 10:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2019 10:36pm

colintrax wrote:
Says he cares about things other than money. But end of the day, they gotta make money. I try to limit my risks so I dont...
Says he cares about things other than money.

But end of the day, they gotta make money. I try to limit my risks so I dont miss work, and I have a savings, short term, and long term disability. If these guys miss a race, they're losing out on bonus money.

Of course I don't know how youd organize pay for this, I'm sure theres money from some sponsors. But mxgp has no purse so why do one for the mxon. Anyways this is the wrong thread for this argument, I dont mean to derail here. Just keeping my fingers crossed that Cooper is ok aside from bruises.
There is actually a purse for MXoN. It ain't much but hey at least it'll cover the cost of a few chipotles.

Of course the reality is that for most team's riders it would have cost them personally to get to the race but that's all part of the romance of MXoN. The fact that Team USA also went out 3 weeks early to train & prepare was fantastic and that level of commitment is a genuine credit to your nation.

9/30/2019 12:04am
Crazy how lower expectations and being more public and open with an effort can change how a result is viewed. I mean this in a good...
Crazy how lower expectations and being more public and open with an effort can change how a result is viewed.

I mean this in a good way. The USA isn't at the top and hasn't been for a while. "We" Team USA (yes, I feel like many of us have that national pride and feel part of the effort as fans) have been beaten enough that the USA is now considered one of the top teams, but not THE top team like once was the case after a crazy amount of wins.

Credit to the other nations for raising their game and not the USA for lowering theirs because in my opinion, racers still try their best to find a way to get it done. Whether it is prep or organization or riders, the teams all are put their effort forward and it is a real team event. No single thing is holding a team back or elevating a team to the podium.

What I will say is, sending a team that openly shows they want to go, they will do everything in their power to do well, and they won't quit no matter what is all a fan should ask. There are still dimwits out there who didn't even likely watch the race only seeing the result and saying (Waterboy quote) "WE SUCK AGAIN!" but the true fans from around the world know the USA team was a contender for a podium, fought hard, and is still a really strong group of racers and personal.

Thank you to modern media, Tom and Matt, as well as Jason, Zack and Justin for letting us watch from abroad and feel part of the team. I applaud this effort.

Cooper coming in was going to be interesting to me being pretty young and tossed into such a crazy situation; however, STARTS at the MXoN are always extremely important and he's proved he can do that. After Saturday, I actually had my hopes brought up because I know Jason and Zack are "gamers" and will show up and not quit on raceday and Cooper showed he's in a great spot. Of course things didn't work out, but I think that qualifying effort and single qualifying moto win from Cooper solidified to me that the USA isn't far off from being a contender to win again in the near future. Zack and Jason had adversity, they didn't quit, they had respectable results in touch conditions with tough circumstances. I can get behind that too.

I'm glad to see many fans behind these guys and praising their efforts versus making excuses or putting down the talent from the other nations. For those falling in the minority still doing that... well... I don't have many nice words so I'll sign off from my book with the positive thought from above and a thank you to Team USA, Team Fried and Jason, Zack and Justin Cooper. Thinking the podium comes back in 2020!
GREAT post!
Although, I fear that Team USA are one win away from American fans becoming chest thumping, arrogant assholes to the rest of the mx world again. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see..
mpy
9/30/2019 3:00am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2019 3:01am
So much respect for the American riders and the effort they put in. How can one not be a fan of them?
teamddr
9/30/2019 3:15am
This story might not be over. If these guys can go now and have a good start to the SX season and maybe even beat some of the guys who turned it down I would be delighted for them. It would also call BS on all this talk about preparation and schedules. I hope the decent thing is done and they have first choice of going the Ernee before asking anyone else
mxpro252
9/30/2019 8:07am
Appreciate the hell out of the effort. I definitely have more respect for these 3 now.
Mr. Afterbar
9/30/2019 8:21am
burn1986 wrote:
Don’t these riders have to pay out of pocket to go to the mxon. Seems like I remember reading that from past teams.
Roger did a post race interview on podcast with Vice post race and said it costs about $300,000 for Team USA to compete. I have a feeling a lot of people would be disgruntled with a lot of his comments as they reflect a lot of those that constantly argued against by the rest of the MX world on here. The riders do pay some of the costs to be there. Anderson said so in one of the team fried videos. Big props to the three riders who stepped up this year and gave a great effort.
Mit12
9/30/2019 8:57am
In the end all we can judge is the effort that the team put into this race. There results were not what we thought they should have been but that is ok, shit happens. Thanks for the effort guys! If we keep up this kind of commitment we will once again win one of these things.
Casting
9/30/2019 9:03am
burn1986 wrote:
Roger did a post race interview on podcast with Vice post race and said it costs about $300,000 for Team USA to compete. I have a...
Roger did a post race interview on podcast with Vice post race and said it costs about $300,000 for Team USA to compete. I have a feeling a lot of people would be disgruntled with a lot of his comments as they reflect a lot of those that constantly argued against by the rest of the MX world on here. The riders do pay some of the costs to be there. Anderson said so in one of the team fried videos. Big props to the three riders who stepped up this year and gave a great effort.
The extraordinary cost for the US to compete in MXdN is mostly due to the unnecessarily large entourage accompanying the Americans, followed by shipping costs across the Atlantic.

The US could easily cut down on the cost while at the same time ending the jokes about how many people we bring with us to the race each year. It's a reflection of American ego and self-importance to flood the paddock with what are essentially groupies. We would benefit from being a bit more humble.
DPR250R
9/30/2019 9:21am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2019 9:21am
Casting wrote:
The extraordinary cost for the US to compete in MXdN is mostly due to the unnecessarily large entourage accompanying the Americans, followed by shipping costs across...
The extraordinary cost for the US to compete in MXdN is mostly due to the unnecessarily large entourage accompanying the Americans, followed by shipping costs across the Atlantic.

The US could easily cut down on the cost while at the same time ending the jokes about how many people we bring with us to the race each year. It's a reflection of American ego and self-importance to flood the paddock with what are essentially groupies. We would benefit from being a bit more humble.
Is the entourage any bigger then what they get all year long?

Post a reply to: Thank you Jason, Justin and Zach!

The Latest