Thank you Feld/AMA for giving us livewire.

RandyS
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 12:19pm
Glad we're not a third rate sport like bmx.

http://www.go211.com/u/socalnationals2011/popup/
|
spd721
4/15/2011 4:09pm
Now just if they could air all of the races live on tv with less than a 20 minute delay.Whistling
RandyS
4/15/2011 4:16pm
I was, talking to someone at the race while watching that. The delay is less than a second and it runs flawlessly all day. Funny that AMA can't broadcast a little bit of text over the internet. Maybe they're using a different internet.

The Shop

RandyS
4/15/2011 4:21pm
One second delay
Torco1
4/15/2011 4:31pm
RandyS wrote:
One second delay
Wow......just wow. You can watch ABA BMX live on a Friday afternoon but I have to close my eyes and imagine what color gear RV is wearing while SX is going on..........and that's only when the live timing isn't freezing up every 5 seconds. God bless technology.
EmDub425
4/15/2011 4:33pm
Torco1 wrote:
Wow......just wow. You can watch ABA BMX live on a Friday afternoon but I have to close my eyes and imagine what color gear RV is...
Wow......just wow. You can watch ABA BMX live on a Friday afternoon but I have to close my eyes and imagine what color gear RV is wearing while SX is going on..........and that's only when the live timing isn't freezing up every 5 seconds. God bless technology.
Hey dont' Bash the Livewire it's FREE and at least it's something. Remember the old days blah blah blah Wink
Torco1
4/15/2011 4:37pm
Torco1 wrote:
Wow......just wow. You can watch ABA BMX live on a Friday afternoon but I have to close my eyes and imagine what color gear RV is...
EmDub425 wrote:
Hey dont' Bash the Livewire it's FREE and at least it's something. Remember the old days blah blah blah Wink
I didn't really mean to bash Livewire, it's just that the whole situation is pretty sad. Livewire is actually the one positive that's going on. But really, it's 2011 and BMX races are being shown live yet MX still isn't getting any respect that is should be getting.
jamma10
4/15/2011 4:48pm
Meanwhile, in Europe....

Live AMA

I know this came about due to complications over contract negotiations between Motors and Youthstream (which now seem to have been resolved) but it still pretty messed up that you guys don't get the same deal. Sad
EmDub425
4/15/2011 5:08pm
Torco1 wrote:
EmDub425 wrote:
Torco1 wrote:
I didn't really mean to bash Livewire, it's just that the whole situation is pretty sad. Livewire is actually the one positive that's going on. But...
I didn't really mean to bash Livewire, it's just that the whole situation is pretty sad. Livewire is actually the one positive that's going on. But really, it's 2011 and BMX races are being shown live yet MX still isn't getting any respect that is should be getting.
i was being sarcastic. It's a big time joke. You cold watch live stick and ball sports on the web for like the last 10 years it seems like. But we can even get a feed of some basic data to not fuck up.
Motodude
4/15/2011 6:16pm
Thank you??? The whole LIVE SX thing hasnt changed for 5 years just like the YZ250. Can you say milking the cow? The milk has curdled.
Brent
4/15/2011 10:19pm
Is there more money to be made by webcasting BMX than Supercross?

Or is it that the men who manage supercross have no vision or imagination?

Thank god for a guy like DC who had the determination (and the dough) to put the first National motos LIVE on the web.
teggers
4/15/2011 11:36pm
loving this thread
jeffro503
4/16/2011 2:27am
I think we need a "Fuck feld!" thread going on. I can't believe they can just slap us all in the face like that to be honest. As far as that goes....someone posted a link on here a couple months ago of a high school volleyball tourney that was being broadcasted live.....and in HD! That's bullshit right there.

It all boils down to money! They want it all , and don't want to spend any on the fans. They also force you to watch the televised version and make you sit through the commercials.
jeffro503
4/16/2011 2:28am
Brent wrote : Thank god for a guy like DC who had the determination (and the dough) to put the first National motos LIVE on the web

AMEN!!
AUS_Twisted
4/16/2011 4:14am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2011 4:18am
If it wasn't for Youtube or Torrents this would be the worst coverage of the AMA SX series I've seen in 15 years, at least back in the 90's we actually got to see the whole thing on ESPN (Heats, Semi's, LCQ and Main) a few weeks later and the commentating was better. The SX isn't broadcast on any channels in Australia, free or pay.

The AMA Livewire really makes the sport look like a joke compared to whats out there.

On the other hand we have Live NASCAR, American Football, Baseball and Basketball shown here all on a free channel.
4/16/2011 7:28am
Ever seen what Ralph and Jeff have in the booth? It's different than livewire, has a lot more information on it (might be color coded too) and doesn't lock up during a telecast!
jgmxdad251
4/16/2011 8:41am
TannerMxer wrote:
They don't even jump. DUMB.
I was at that race all day friday watching my son, pretty dumb huh? Maybe you should drive up the road to simi valley and watch a race in person before you call it dumb.

The bmx supercross race is tonight in chula vista. Six story drop, into a fifty foot jump, then a couple of forty foot jumps and step ups and berm jumps over asphault with zero suspension.
RandyS
4/16/2011 9:06am
TannerMxer wrote:
They don't even jump. DUMB.
jgmxdad251 wrote:
I was at that race all day friday watching my son, pretty dumb huh? Maybe you should drive up the road to simi valley and watch...
I was at that race all day friday watching my son, pretty dumb huh? Maybe you should drive up the road to simi valley and watch a race in person before you call it dumb.

The bmx supercross race is tonight in chula vista. Six story drop, into a fifty foot jump, then a couple of forty foot jumps and step ups and berm jumps over asphault with zero suspension.
Having been in the 70s and early 80s version the class that races the Olympic tracks today lets just say I'm glad I'm not 18 right now. I know of a few top ams and pros that walked away because of it. Every bit as gnarly as AMA Supercross.

Post a reply to: Thank you Feld/AMA for giving us livewire.

The Latest