Thank you FXR (from a big fella)

ebers
Fantasy
174th
You “less big” people probably won’t understand this post... but I’ll start by saying two things:
1) I’m not sponsored by FXR
2) I’m 6’2 and 350 lbs (offroad A level guy)
3) I haven’t ridden in the stuff yet so I have zero idea about longevity

Alright, so that’s 3 things, but whatever. I want to say thank you to FXR for making a pant that I’ve always dreamed of. The Revo MX pant, size 42. I finally found a pant with stretch, room in the knees, lightweight, and an amazing fitting waist that makes me feel like I have an actual ass in them. I can literally do a squat in these pants without feeling like I’m ready to bust or feeling like seams are screaming, and the waist stays tight. These things are unbelievable. I’ve worn 5 different gear brands in the last couple years and none of them come close to the feel and fit of these.

So long story long here... if your a big man, and struggle finding a great fitting and feeling pant, give the FXR Revo pant a look. Oh and I almost forgot, the jersey is super comfy and verity to boot. I sincerely thank you FXR.
|
bents
Fantasy
710th
3/22/2021 5:40pm
Nice-way to give a shout out that is earned. I have a set of FXR gear as well and it fits just as you described.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/22/2021 8:48pm
FXR gear is fantastic, and it holds up as well or better than any other gear I have ever purchased. Also agree on the fit. Its very high quality. Expect it to last.
CivBars
3/22/2021 8:54pm
But how do you feel about Airbrakes?

The Shop

captmoto
3/22/2021 9:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2021 9:49pm
What do you do for jerseys? Fly works for me and they have jerseys out to 5xl. Were you looking for leg room mostly? You would think that gear companies selling 2x or 3x jerseys would know that the people looking at that stuff aren't going for the athletic fit.
mxdoctor
3/22/2021 11:58pm
I think of getting a set of FXR gear as well... how is sizing compared e.g. to FOX or THOR gear?
ge217
3/23/2021 12:39am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2021 12:45am
Stitching doesn’t last. Your jersey will bust the seems first time you use it. Edit in. I race off-road mostly, I’ve had a few sets that only lasted one race. I have had lots of gloves only last one race.
ebers
Fantasy
174th
3/23/2021 3:13am
captmoto - I think the biggest thing I was searching for were pants that had some flexibility to them, and didn’t feel like a pair of stiff new Carhartt’s, and fit. Seemingly most pants in the bigger sizes are typically the lower end pants and end up lacking certain features (not a lot of stretch) and most companies I feel like make a bigger pant, just scale up to make the size and never even up fitting rigjt. These pants feel as if someone my size actually designed them for the size. For the jersey, I went with a 3xl, and I wouldn’t have minded going up to 4xl in that.

mxdoctor - I put a set of fox 180 pant and jersey in rotation 2 seasons ago. Pant sizing I went with the same and perfectly fine. The jersey I should’ve went up one more was all.

ge217 - We’ll wait and see when I ride in the stuff. I’m the king of one and done for gear, mostly the pant seams pop open just below my ass cheeks and in the crotch. Usually just do to the restrictive materials in the pants and lack of fit. I honestly don’t get the feeling these will pop open in one race, but we’ll see.
kNewc
3/23/2021 5:37am
The gear that Mumford and Shock were wearing this last weekend made me want some FXR. Wish we could get that exact gear.
Robbirob25
3/23/2021 7:43am
ebers wrote:
You “less big” people probably won’t understand this post... but I’ll start by saying two things: 1) I’m not sponsored by FXR 2) I’m 6’2 and...
You “less big” people probably won’t understand this post... but I’ll start by saying two things:
1) I’m not sponsored by FXR
2) I’m 6’2 and 350 lbs (offroad A level guy)
3) I haven’t ridden in the stuff yet so I have zero idea about longevity

Alright, so that’s 3 things, but whatever. I want to say thank you to FXR for making a pant that I’ve always dreamed of. The Revo MX pant, size 42. I finally found a pant with stretch, room in the knees, lightweight, and an amazing fitting waist that makes me feel like I have an actual ass in them. I can literally do a squat in these pants without feeling like I’m ready to bust or feeling like seams are screaming, and the waist stays tight. These things are unbelievable. I’ve worn 5 different gear brands in the last couple years and none of them come close to the feel and fit of these.

So long story long here... if your a big man, and struggle finding a great fitting and feeling pant, give the FXR Revo pant a look. Oh and I almost forgot, the jersey is super comfy and verity to boot. I sincerely thank you FXR.
Nice post, Dude
Luke_Himler
3/23/2021 7:47am
So pumped to hear you guys love the FXR Gear! shoot me an email, I am a FXR Rep and would love help all the vital mx guys out! lukehimler@yahoo.com. Supply of gear is getting back closer to normal and orders are starting to ship in the new week or two for the pre orders!
dl117
Fantasy
2577th
3/23/2021 9:39am
love my FXR gear, bought a couple sets last year as my wife went to work for them, my son loved it so I tried some for my lard ass, and like OP said pants are the most comfortable i have ever had, jerseys I had to go up a couple sizes because of the "slim fit" and at 5'8" 215 I am not "slim".
TJMX947
3/24/2021 9:32am
It's hard being a big guy and finding higher end gear to wear! I tried Thor Prime Pro and it made my balls look like they were going to pop out of the pants!!! Been wearing the same TLD GP pants since 2016...

Can anybody comment on how the podium feels compared to the revo?
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
3/24/2021 9:43am
ge217 wrote:
Stitching doesn’t last. Your jersey will bust the seems first time you use it. Edit in. I race off-road mostly, I’ve had a few sets that...
Stitching doesn’t last. Your jersey will bust the seems first time you use it. Edit in. I race off-road mostly, I’ve had a few sets that only lasted one race. I have had lots of gloves only last one race.
Cmon man... I ride every weekend and have yet to have a glove or jersey have any issues. I ride moto and a variety of OffRoad.
It’s ok to have a favorite brand, but no need to put down an awesome company with the best fitting gear and a big variety of styles / color ways.
50dippin
3/24/2021 9:49am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2021 9:53am
I'm 6'4" and 215lbs and the fxr clutch stuff is the only gear that fits me properly. It's nice to have pants that don't come out of my boots, or sleeves that actually go down to my wrists. I get probably 15-20 rides in the pants before I tear through the inner knee, and then there is still a fabric layer underneath the leather which holds up nicely. For reference I get about 3 laps out of oneil pants before they tear, 5 rides in TLD and fox, and 10 rides out of thor stuff. I believe this all comes down to where the actual knee is on the pant, since I'm a tall and skinny the newer pants just don't hold up with knee braces, even after I have foam padding on them. My leg just bends the leather and it tears on the bike.
CKNY
3/24/2021 10:08am
ge217 wrote:
Stitching doesn’t last. Your jersey will bust the seems first time you use it. Edit in. I race off-road mostly, I’ve had a few sets that...
Stop crashing into shit and maybe your FXR stuff will last a little longer😂🤦‍♂️
Maybe you’re wearing a jersey 2 sizes too small. Saying an FXR jersey will bust the seams first ride is a massive pile of horseshit.
50dippin
3/24/2021 11:20am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2021 11:20am
ge217 wrote:
CKNY wrote:
Stop crashing into shit and maybe your FXR stuff will last a little longer😂🤦‍♂️ Maybe you’re wearing a jersey 2 sizes too small. Saying an FXR...
Maybe you’re wearing a jersey 2 sizes too small. Saying an FXR jersey will bust the seams first ride is a massive pile of horseshit.
I ordered a set of the revo gear, and the jersey was basically a huge piece of thin mesh. I could see that easily ripping. I sent it back and have stuck with the cheaper clutch stuff. The clutch jersey's are really tough, I run out of pants well before they even show signs of wear for me.
CKNY
3/24/2021 11:46am
ge217 wrote:
CKNY wrote:
Stop crashing into shit and maybe your FXR stuff will last a little longer😂🤦‍♂️ Maybe you’re wearing a jersey 2 sizes too small. Saying an FXR...
50dippin wrote:
I ordered a set of the revo gear, and the jersey was basically a huge piece of thin mesh. I could see that easily ripping. I...
I ordered a set of the revo gear, and the jersey was basically a huge piece of thin mesh. I could see that easily ripping. I sent it back and have stuck with the cheaper clutch stuff. The clutch jersey's are really tough, I run out of pants well before they even show signs of wear for me.
Funny because I’ve torn way more Clutch Jerseys than Revo or Helium because the thinner jersey material actually is more resistant to tearing. It’s stronger. I find the Helium Air jerseys while ventilated and light are almost impossible to rip unless it’s on rocks. I’ve poked some branch holes in Revo jerseys but no big tears like Fox Flexair or Thor Pro Fit. I find the PRO Fit jerseys rip wide open if you catch them on something. That’s my experience over the last 4 season. I usually buy 6 to 8 sets per year.
ge217
3/24/2021 12:12pm
langhammx wrote:
Cmon man... I ride every weekend and have yet to have a glove or jersey have any issues. I ride moto and a variety of OffRoad...
Cmon man... I ride every weekend and have yet to have a glove or jersey have any issues. I ride moto and a variety of OffRoad.
It’s ok to have a favorite brand, but no need to put down an awesome company with the best fitting gear and a big variety of styles / color ways.
I never said anything about fit or color ways. Every set I have had, something has happen to the set. Weather it’s the stitching coming out around neck collar, the material coming apart on the pants, ( I don’t use a gripper seat, I use stock.) or the gloves failing. I know people who use gripper seat covers and they have lost the whole back of their pants.

When the gloves came with holes in the palms that’s when they were just one ride gloves. When they did away with the holes in the palms the gloves did stop busting the stitching and the palms held up longer. I can get around two off road races (4 hours, 2 hours each race) in on a set of gloves now. I have had 3 sets of pants last only one ride. One set was 21 gear, they changed the knees out with a cheaper material.
ge217
3/24/2021 12:17pm
CKNY wrote:
50dippin wrote:
I ordered a set of the revo gear, and the jersey was basically a huge piece of thin mesh. I could see that easily ripping. I...
CKNY wrote:
Funny because I’ve torn way more Clutch Jerseys than Revo or Helium because the thinner jersey material actually is more resistant to tearing. It’s stronger. I...
Funny because I’ve torn way more Clutch Jerseys than Revo or Helium because the thinner jersey material actually is more resistant to tearing. It’s stronger. I find the Helium Air jerseys while ventilated and light are almost impossible to rip unless it’s on rocks. I’ve poked some branch holes in Revo jerseys but no big tears like Fox Flexair or Thor Pro Fit. I find the PRO Fit jerseys rip wide open if you catch them on something. That’s my experience over the last 4 season. I usually buy 6 to 8 sets per year.
No rocks in Florida. The seams around the neck with start busting the first ride. No, I’m not using a size too small. My ig is on my account here. You can see for yourself.

I have all levels of fxr gear. The cheaper stuff does last longer then the more expensive stuff like you and 50dippin are saying here. Shouldn’t it be the other way around? More expensive stuff last longer?
CKNY
3/24/2021 12:39pm
50dippin wrote:
CKNY wrote:
Funny because I’ve torn way more Clutch Jerseys than Revo or Helium because the thinner jersey material actually is more resistant to tearing. It’s stronger. I...
ge217 wrote:
No rocks in Florida. The seams around the neck with start busting the first ride. No, I’m not using a size too small. My ig is...
No rocks in Florida. The seams around the neck with start busting the first ride. No, I’m not using a size too small. My ig is on my account here. You can see for yourself.

I have all levels of fxr gear. The cheaper stuff does last longer then the more expensive stuff like you and 50dippin are saying here. Shouldn’t it be the other way around? More expensive stuff last longer?
I’m saying the higher end stuff lasts longer. That’s been my experience so far.
ebers
Fantasy
174th
3/24/2021 5:17pm
50dippin wrote:
I agree with the thin mesh jersey- by design I’m to assume. I can’t wait to wear it in the warm summer months.
ebers
Fantasy
174th
3/24/2021 5:21pm
TJMX947 wrote:
It's hard being a big guy and finding higher end gear to wear! I tried Thor Prime Pro and it made my balls look like they...
It's hard being a big guy and finding higher end gear to wear! I tried Thor Prime Pro and it made my balls look like they were going to pop out of the pants!!! Been wearing the same TLD GP pants since 2016...

Can anybody comment on how the podium feels compared to the revo?
The Podium fit just as well as the Revo. I ordered 2 sets, the Revo black/blue and the Podium all black. The biggest difference I noticed between the two was the waist having velcro closure at the top of zipper on the Podium versus the ratchet at the top of the Revo’s. I think I’ll prefer the ratchet, as I don’t know how well the velcro will hold up to my belly rolling over top...but we’ll see when I get to ride in them.
danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
3/26/2021 7:25am
kNewc wrote:
The gear that Mumford and Shock were wearing this last weekend made me want some FXR. Wish we could get that exact gear.
Soon! Stuff looks awesome
3/28/2021 9:07pm
ge217 wrote:
So unless you got multiple sets at the same time, you're the stupidest consumer alive, or full of shit.
27thmx
7/9/2021 3:48pm
ge217 is not full of shit. You guys probably don’t have any conception of how fast he is. We fast users are hard on stuff. I’ve had gloves last 5 hrs.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/9/2021 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2021 5:04pm
27thmx wrote:
ge217 is not full of shit. You guys probably don’t have any conception of how fast he is. We fast users are hard on stuff. I’ve...
ge217 is not full of shit. You guys probably don’t have any conception of how fast he is. We fast users are hard on stuff. I’ve had gloves last 5 hrs.
Oh boy… “ We fast users ”

look, some riders are just hard on stuff, whether it’s gloves, graphics or holes in their pants from knee braces. It really doesn’t matter how fast you can go on your bike.
Personally, I’m fortunate that I don’t wear out my equipment or my riding gear as fast as some do, but to say that he (and other FAST riders) wear stuff out just because of their ability to go faster than another guy is not an accurate statement.
The FXR gear has held up great for me and the other friends that wear it. We are not putting around and a couple of them are former pro racers, including my son.
I ride track, desert, single track and some nasty stuff that some may consider hard enduro type terrain. The FXR brand is very good quality and doesn’t deserve anyone bashing it as an inferior brand !
TeamGreen
7/9/2021 5:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2021 5:27pm
ge217 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Cmon man... I ride every weekend and have yet to have a glove or jersey have any issues. I ride moto and a variety of OffRoad...
Declaration: I wear TLD. Period.

A friend of mine who is an accomplished bike building wizard & who’s son was one of those “on the factory bubble” bad asses…well…he wanted to try something different and he wasn’t wanting to go TLD…he wanted FXR. So, I connected him with a Canadian friend of mine who’s one of “the guys” at FXR…
Which brings us to “nowadays” and our track and trail days together…
My friend just “won’t stop raving” about his FXR stuff. He must have 6-8 sets…or more…by now. He loves it.
I’m stoked for him; but, when we ride…well…he’s one of those guys that seems to know how to HIT THE DAMN GROUND HARD…as in…”DAMN!”…
And his gear holds up BETTER than his $20K Virtuoso Mega-Moto Scooters…
Grinning
Silly
I wear TLD & I love it.
My buddy? He’s in the same state of mind with his “Canadian Gear”.

While we’re here, a shout out to Andy White & the folks at FXR for all the amazing stuff they’ve done in Moto these last few years.
TeamGreen
7/9/2021 5:33pm
ge217 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Editorial Revision…

“Cmon man... I FALL DOWN “Huge” every weekend and have yet to have a glove or jersey have any issues.

(Had to do it: yes, I’m a smart ass…but, I’m pretty sure I’m not wrong…?)
7/9/2021 11:46pm
ge217 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Declaration: I wear TLD. Period. A friend of mine who is an accomplished bike building wizard & who’s son was one of those “on the factory...
Declaration: I wear TLD. Period.

A friend of mine who is an accomplished bike building wizard & who’s son was one of those “on the factory bubble” bad asses…well…he wanted to try something different and he wasn’t wanting to go TLD…he wanted FXR. So, I connected him with a Canadian friend of mine who’s one of “the guys” at FXR…
Which brings us to “nowadays” and our track and trail days together…
My friend just “won’t stop raving” about his FXR stuff. He must have 6-8 sets…or more…by now. He loves it.
I’m stoked for him; but, when we ride…well…he’s one of those guys that seems to know how to HIT THE DAMN GROUND HARD…as in…”DAMN!”…
And his gear holds up BETTER than his $20K Virtuoso Mega-Moto Scooters…
Grinning
Silly
I wear TLD & I love it.
My buddy? He’s in the same state of mind with his “Canadian Gear”.

While we’re here, a shout out to Andy White & the folks at FXR for all the amazing stuff they’ve done in Moto these last few years.
Is that where Andy White ended up. I remember him from the Pink Palace and working with KTM up in Canada. When you said “hooked him up with one of the FXR guys’ I thought you were talking about Milt Reimer. Good mixer, good snowcrosser and a great guy. FXR is my go to for winter gear. They have proper sizing for us Manitoba bred potato and beef fed skidoo if polar bears!

Post a reply to: Thank you FXR (from a big fella)

The Latest