2014 YZ250F: Thank You Tim Olson and Yamaha!

Edited Date/Time 11/15/2013 10:48am
From Monday, November 5th through Thursday, November 7th, Yamaha Motor Corporation was at Monster Mountain doing the media roll-out of the all-new 2014 YZ250F.

We had an absolute blast hosting all the Yamaha crew including Tim, Steve, Eva, Derrick and their chief test rider Travis Preston. Also here for the test were moto-journalists from: Motocross Action, Dirt Bike, Dirt Rider, RacerX, Transworld Motocross, Cycle News, VitalMX and others.

The pics and comments sum up how the tests went. You can click on our Facebook page for direct links to all the test videos.

P.S. Tommy got to ride production bike, frame #0000001. He loved it – the most powerful, lightest and quickest handling 250F he’s ever ridden. Tommy's more of a lazy rider that likes 450 horsepower and torque, so when he said he loved this bike, I was impressed, as he's had absolutely no interest in 250Fs for years. He wants a '14 YZ250F so bad he can taste it!

Here’s what Dirt Rider Magazine’s Kris Keefer had to say after riding Monster Mountain for the first time:

“If you dream about ripping a perfectly groomed track with floating jumps and tons of traction, then you must be dreaming about Monster Mountain. No need to dream. It’s real guys and gals! Make sure to check out the complete and different side of the 2014 Yamaha YZ250F in the March issue of Dirt Rider Magazine.” Kris Keefer, Dirt Rider Magazine

Motocross Action’s John Basher shot this photo of Daryl Ecklund on our turn track.

Dirt Bike Magazine was also here. Visit their site up for some sweet video of the new YZ250F.

|
rallendude
11/14/2013 8:23am
Congratulations Tom and thanks to Yamaha Motor Corp.
11/14/2013 8:46am
Thanks Ricky!

We were really honored that Yamaha chose to drive their factory rig full of bikes and bring all the major mags to Alabama to roll out one of the most exciting new bikes in years.

Thanks again Tim!
chase383
11/14/2013 8:58am
Congrats Tom!
They picked one hell of a track for the Yamaha roll out.
I always love heading down to Monster Moutain during the winter months.. hopefully I will get back down there this year as well.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
11/14/2013 9:07am
Thanks again Tom for having us, I enjoyed every minute at your facility! Cool

The Shop

The Rock
11/14/2013 1:13pm
Beautiful facility made even more beautiful by the absence of those hideous Acerbis track markers.

Tom how is your facility set for the parking requirements of a National? Your place looks like a National caliber track. One question: Did you tone down the massive jump I have read about on numerous occasions?
Arkmx
11/14/2013 1:50pm

Zach liked the new 250F last weekend with Jason Raines Demo rides here in Arkansas.

11/15/2013 4:24am
The Rock wrote:
Beautiful facility made even more beautiful by the absence of those hideous Acerbis track markers. Tom how is your facility set for the parking requirements of...
Beautiful facility made even more beautiful by the absence of those hideous Acerbis track markers.

Tom how is your facility set for the parking requirements of a National? Your place looks like a National caliber track. One question: Did you tone down the massive jump I have read about on numerous occasions?
Thanks! We are widely reported as not having enough parking for large events. Truth is that we have close to seventy acres of land that we're clearing for additional parking, we built a flat track (and it's associated parking) to double as major event parking, and we have cut a new road to the adjoining properties to the east, which are available for lease should we secure the opportunity to host large-scale events that require a major parking foot-print.

We have also started construction on pro pits. All of this takes time and money. We're in no particular hurry to complete these projects as hosting a national is not a priority for us at this time. We're moving forward as time and money permit, while focusing on those who are most important to us - our riders.

If the opportunity to host a national or other major event came along, we have the ability to expedite these projects under the right circumstances. But again, that's not our focus. We're taking to long view on major events. We're using the tortoise approach rather than the hare. We don't want to rush our major event planning process and get it wrong.

As for a massive jump, we don't have any. Years ago they had a huge step-up triple. That was gone long before we bought the track. Our largest jump is a relatively mild 72' step-up triple called "the Stairway to Heaven."
11/15/2013 4:30am
The Rock wrote:
Beautiful facility made even more beautiful by the absence of those hideous Acerbis track markers. Tom how is your facility set for the parking requirements of...

Here's the Travis Fant/John Basher video that features Motocross Action's Daryl Ecklund testing and reviewing the new YZ250F (which is the bomb by the way) at Monster Mountain.

This video will give you a much better feel for Monster Mountain's dirt, track design, flow and obstacles. As noted in my previous response, we don't have any massive or sketchy obstacles. However, please note the smooth flow and transitions, ridiculously sweet looking ruts and listen to Daryl talking about the traction - we're very proud of these aspects of our track.

https://youtu.be/LnRZy5di-ZQ
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
11/15/2013 5:58am
Sweet, looks like loads of fun.
The Rock
11/15/2013 10:48am
The Rock wrote:

Thanks! We are widely reported as not having enough parking for large events. Truth is that we have close to seventy acres of land that we're...
Thanks! We are widely reported as not having enough parking for large events. Truth is that we have close to seventy acres of land that we're clearing for additional parking, we built a flat track (and it's associated parking) to double as major event parking, and we have cut a new road to the adjoining properties to the east, which are available for lease should we secure the opportunity to host large-scale events that require a major parking foot-print.

We have also started construction on pro pits. All of this takes time and money. We're in no particular hurry to complete these projects as hosting a national is not a priority for us at this time. We're moving forward as time and money permit, while focusing on those who are most important to us - our riders.

If the opportunity to host a national or other major event came along, we have the ability to expedite these projects under the right circumstances. But again, that's not our focus. We're taking to long view on major events. We're using the tortoise approach rather than the hare. We don't want to rush our major event planning process and get it wrong.

As for a massive jump, we don't have any. Years ago they had a huge step-up triple. That was gone long before we bought the track. Our largest jump is a relatively mild 72' step-up triple called "the Stairway to Heaven."
Sounds like you are on the right path. Best of luck and I look forward to attending a National at your facility in the coming years.......I think it is a matter of when not if.

Post a reply to: 2014 YZ250F: Thank You Tim Olson and Yamaha!

The Latest